The Beatles : Rock Band

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
the.beatles.logo.490w.jpg

MTV and Apple Corps announce Beatles game

Not that it's much of a surprise anymore, but Apple Corps (not this one) and MTV have announced Rock Band: The Beatles an untitled Beatles music project, to be developed by Harmonix. While not a Rock Band expansion, this is a pretty major coup over Activision, owners of the Guitar Hero franchise. We're in the conference call now. More details to follow.

Notes from the conference call:

* "This will not be a Rock Band title, this will be a custom title"
* Journey through The Beatles first album through their last -- "samples" from their whole catalog
* "A number of new dimensions" that you haven't seen from Harmonix before
* Just in time for the holidays ... in 2009
* Tracks are based on UK releases -- the idea is to play the songs through The Beatles career (not remixed or remastered tracks, we think)
* Is the imagery tied to the existing art from the songs and albums? The developers aren't prepared to talk about specifics, but "visual imagery" is a big part of the project
* Interoperability is not something that's being talked about yet
* "Very little" can be said about the game itself today. "MTV and Harmonix was clearly the innovator in this category of games" -- Apple Corps was really impressed with Harmonix's creative and musical approach
* "It's not a Rock Band game, it's a Beatles game. They deserve a fully dedicated title. [The game] takes advantage of the Rock Band platform in many ways ... [and it's] going to be compatible with existing Rock Band peripherals" -- we can assume that instruments from other music games (e.g., Guitar Hero) will also be supported
* No hardware platforms announced
* No comment on licensing Beatles tunes for other games -- this is an exclusive arrangement for Beatles music in video games (as for digital distribution of The Beatles catalog on music services (e.g., iTunes): Apple Corps is still working out details; no announcement to make nor date nor anything else!)

Re: The Beatles Xbox 360 and PS3

Been struggling all weekend to get this working on the Wii, but finally did this morning.

Instruments dont work (dont ask, its far to complex!) apart from Mic, but can already see its an awesome game - even on the Wii, the graphics are amazing.

Little touches like one of the 'levels' being in the studio and you can hear muttering etc and no crowd (and when I restarted due to missing the vocals during a kitchen disaster, I'm sure John Lennon said "we'll try another take" as the song restarted).

The different guys singing, all the different graphic styles, the cuts to the (screaming) audience during songs - hell, even the front end is well done (and the 'achievements' on the Wii too - be happy if the PS3 version keeps the same).

Overall, pushing GH:Metallica for best rhythm game for me and I'm not even THAT big of a Beatles fan... yet! I'm coming round to them more and more though and looking forward to ploughing through tonights BBC2 documentaries in the morning.

Cannot wait to get into this properly when my PS3 version arrives next week.

I really can't wait to play this. Hopefully my copy will arrive on Tuesday!

Just got it working 100% now with the instruments (and GH5 too!).

Damn it, totally knackered - was a 'one more try' deal and just played Sultans of Swing on GH5 and Taxman on Beatles and now going to bed.

Tomorrow = much music game fun times x 1000 :)

My ASDA (Colchester) had this out on the shelves today - and I know other places are selling it too...

Were they selling it tho or just on the shelves for display?

Were they selling it tho or just on the shelves for display?

Nah, they never put display boxes out.

They had it on PS3 (£37.71), 360 for the same price and another box marked "Bundle" for £99.99, but it didnt show a pic of what bundle - I suspect the 'value' one with the RB1 kit.

Been doing a drumming 'story' today and its just awesome, so much fun - even if the Wii graphics are PS2 standard. Cannot wait to give this a go on the PS3.

£38 is a bit steep, I might wait for the price to come down a bit now I think about it.

Especially when I can get Batman for £28 off AVF,=.

Just been down ASDA and bought it! Cheers for the heads up pboreham! Now installing to my hard drive...

£38 is a bit steep, I might wait for the price to come down a bit now I think about it.

Especially when I can get Batman for £28 off AVF,=.

Getting mine from ShopTo for £32 and got my Dad's from Amazon (for Wii) for £29.99.

Worth it though Dags honestly - I've become a much bigger Beatles fan from this game and its really fun to play. The amount of time my missus has said today "oh I love this song, didnt know it was the Beatles!"...

I'm very tempted, I have to admit. I'll go to Asda tomorrow and see if the impulse grabs me (probably will) ;)

Just watched the trailer and if Asda was open now, I'd go and get it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

On the eurogamer review they spoke about to get the most out of the game you'll need 3 guitars and 3 mics and drums and something else. Making it sound like if there's only you on your own playing you're not likely to have as much fun as you're supposed to. What do you think of it Pbb? Can you have fun if it's just you on your own like normal rockband?

On the eurogamer review they spoke about to get the most out of the game you'll need 3 guitars and 3 mics and drums and something else. Making it sound like if there's only you on your own playing you're not likely to have as much fun as you're supposed to. What do you think of it Pbb? Can you have fun if it's just you on your own like normal rockband?

At its core, its the same as any RB/GH game, so that is usual crap from Eurogamer.

I usually either sing/guitar on my own, or drum. I've got a couple of mics and definitely will do harmonies with my missus or family and of course it would be more fun with more people - but its certainly not essential to the gameplay.

if you like RB/GH, then you'll love this too - simple!

Anyone in the U.S. seen it in stores (360)? I'm very tempted to go check out Gamestop and Target to check. I have it preordered for in-store pickup at Gamestop but I think I can cancel it.

Totally agree with pboreham about the enjoyment factor. I played it earlier on my own and I'm going to go through it on guitar. Then again on drums. But tonight I've been playing it with the missus and a mate and we had guitar, mic and drums and it was just as fun :)).

I also am now loving The Beatles. Their songs are perfect for rock band, great fun to play and challenging too at the same time. Awesome stuff.

The graphics and presentation of the whole game is just immense. Absolutely superb :)).

Asda near my work hasn't even had their stock delivered :(

Man, Get Back is so hard on the Expert drums. Funnily enough I learnt to play that on the real drums a month or so ago, but so hard to get the timing right for the game.

One of those that will 'click' I'm sure.

Man, Get Back is so hard on the Expert drums. Funnily enough I learnt to play that on the real drums a month or so ago, but so hard to get the timing right for the game.

One of those that will 'click' I'm sure.

You better get back to it then.

Back
Top Bottom