The Beatles : Rock Band

Get out more? I'm off work sick mate :LOL:

It's hardly a long game to finish all of the songs is it? 43 songs and probably around 3 mins a song for the most part?

It's not about getting through all the songs anyway, going to want to get 5 stars on them, plus go through the different instruments, and it's a good party game as well :)

Well done Dags - and he's by no means 'completed it'.

I never consider these games completed, its like listening to an album and saying 'thats completed' and never listening to it again! Rhythm games are so you can play your fave songs over and over.

Plus as Dags says, plenty of other achievements, unlocks and the leaderboards too.

Great game - my PS3 version is sitting on my desk staring at me, but I've only managed to jump on for 5 mins at lunch, so busy today...

I've had Beatles songs stuck in my head since I stopped playing :LOL:

Just looking at the track list and it really is a good selection, even the songs I thought weren't great were definately more playable than a lot of stuff on RB, very pleased with the whole package really.

Just looking at the track list and it really is a good selection, even the songs I thought weren't great were definately more playable than a lot of stuff on RB, very pleased with the whole package really.

x2

Ma fingers are knackered today from too much typing, but just had a longer go for the first time on PS3.

Improved graphics are a big bonus over the Wii and despite the clicking I prefer the GHWT on PS3 to the RB1 guitar on Wii (still so tempted by the Hoffnar bass, though its got mixed reviews).

My fingers are pretty much f*cked tonight so kept missing easy notes and multipliers and struggled to get near many of Dags' scores, but beat a few in the end (Here Comes The Sun for one!). Love the instant leaderboards and really gives you a goal to aim for.

Looking forward to drumming and singing tomorrow.

Eurogamer rocks the Cavern Club

Gamers grab £9.99 Beatles at UK launch

Beatlemaniacs young and old descended on Liverpool's Cavern Club last night for GAME's Beatles: Rock Band launch event, lured by the promise of playing the same venue where the Fab Four made their name, and left with vouchers to grab a copy of the game for a just £9.99.

Anyone who pre-ordered the title from a GAME or Gamestation store in Liverpool received tickets for the bash and the chance to live the Beatles dream, but the retailer kept the one-off discount up its sleeve until the night itself.

"Everyone here tonight who's pre-ordered will get it tomorrow for £9.99," Neil Ashurst, GAME's UK PR head honcho, told Eurogamer, explaining that the figure was designed to reflect its 9th September 2009 release date.

"The customers are so excited, Liverpool's really behind the game, so the Cavern Club is the only place we thought we had to do this and fortunately we were able to take the place for the night."

As well as a chance to play the game on stage, attendees were also treated to an energetic performance of early Beatles hits by local tribute act, The Beatles Experience. After which, and to the genuine surprise of your correspondent, he was called up on stage to perform a song live with the band, without the aid of a plastic toy or words on a screen or anything. You can see the results on on Eurogamer TV.

This was followed by a boisterous, fiercely competitive 'battle of the bands' clash between rival local GAME and Gamestation stores, each putting forward an all-star team, with the latter emerging victorious.
'Eurogamer rocks the Cavern Club' Screenshot 1

Johnny shows everyone how it's done.

"The better team won," conceded crestfallen GAME store manager Jason Stronstad. "We came to have a laugh, they came to have a laugh. Our best players weren't good enough."

"We've been playing the game and it's absolutely brilliant," chirped Christian Bell, a tired and emotional customer service manager from Liverpool, who waved his discount voucher at us while shouting "£9.99" and something about ASBOs. "You actually feel like you're with The Beatles singing," added gym instructor Paula Nixon. They then performed exclusively for EGTV.

The expectation that a Beatles game could appeal to an audience far beyond that of previous music games also appeared to be borne out on the night. "I'm a gamer myself but I've never been near Guitar Hero. I'm more into Arkham Asylum, games like that," revealed the mysterious Cav, who described himself as a "bass player".

His friend, a barman and stand-up comedian who insisted on calling himself "Fat Mick", agreed: "I'm an absolute Guitar Hero virgin." But they were both rather taken with the look of the game, Fat Mick adding: "If someone said to a child 'draw Ringo', that'd be what it would look like. It's boss. It's like having another Beatles album, because it's so true." So were they planning to buy the game the following morning? "We're down there like a shot."

Although the majority of attendees were from the local area, or desperate London media hangers-on like us, some had come from much further afield to be at the home of The Beatles for the launch.

"This is where it all happened," beamed Hans Roosenbrand, who had travelled with a friend from Holland. "I have been coming here every year for 34 years. The first thing to do tomorrow is go to the record shop." And though not a gamer, he was impressed by what he had seen of Rock Band: "It's a good opportunity for young kids to get to know The Beatles."

"It's certainly taking it to another level in music games," reckoned GAME's Ashurst. "What the sales figures will be, we'll see when it comes out tomorrow, but in general the level of anticipation is huge."

Though all the media hype has been focused on The Beatles, the latest instalment of Activision's billion-dollar Guitar Hero franchise also hits this Friday. "The interest level on all the music stuff is going through the roof," Ashurst added. "We're getting old, young, all kinds of people."

As the night wore on and drinks flowed, more and more people (including us, again, obviously) took up the chance to fulfil their Beatles fantasies on stage. Why is The Beatles: Rock Band important? Just ask 12 year-old Paul McCartney fan Kristian Sudbury, dressed sharply in suit and tie, who told us: "I like the Beatles, I like Rock Band: it's The Beatles Rock Band." Amen.

And would he be inviting friends around to play the game with him tomorrow? "No, I'll just kick them out!"

Ma fingers are knackered today from too much typing, but just had a longer go for the first time on PS3.

Improved graphics are a big bonus over the Wii and despite the clicking I prefer the GHWT on PS3 to the RB1 guitar on Wii (still so tempted by the Hoffnar bass, though its got mixed reviews).

My fingers are pretty much f*cked tonight so kept missing easy notes and multipliers and struggled to get near many of Dags' scores, but beat a few in the end (Here Comes The Sun for one!). Love the instant leaderboards and really gives you a goal to aim for.

Looking forward to drumming and singing tomorrow.

I didn't think it saved the scores in Story mode. You'd have had no problems with HCTS as I was utter crap at that, my fingers were cramped so much and I just kept missing notes and having to give up for a second or two to get my rhythm back :(

I'll give it another go later though ;)

x3!

Very nice production values. It's really great to activate the "Realistic mode" that enhances the volume of female fans. Plus, if you put down a little the volume of music and put fans cheering at top volume, you really got that feeling.

So far only played a couple of songs, tomorrow will play the story mode with my girlfriend.

My main goal in this game is to buy 1 additional microphone and sing along my gf and me WHILE we play guitar and bass. Someone did it?

x3!

Very nice production values. It's really great to activate the "Realistic mode" that enhances the volume of female fans. Plus, if you put down a little the volume of music and put fans cheering at top volume, you really got that feeling.

So far only played a couple of songs, tomorrow will play the story mode with my girlfriend.

My main goal in this game is to buy 1 additional microphone and sing along my gf and me WHILE we play guitar and bass. Someone did it?

I've got a mic stand and usually guitar and sing at the same time with all these sorts of games...

Decided I was gonna get the Ltd Ed. today (already have the GHWT kit anyway).

Took a shit load of games into Game to trade in for the PS3 that i no longer play and would put any shortfall towards it. Got £130 for the games.

When I walked into Game though, they had the Beatles kit out on display, so i had a closer look and it is SHIT! So disappointing :(

I really only wanted the Hofner Bass controller, but the rest would have been nice. The drums look awful - in the pics, they look ridged round the edges, but its just a sticker and the quality of it is terrible. My missus said it looks like someone has painted tipex all over it. The bass drum 'head' also looks nothing like the picture - its like a thin material that comes out of the box all creased and just looks tacky.

I guess you could iron it, but it just looked bad.

Next, the mic is a bog-standard RB mic and the stand is pretty poor. The stand I have at home has a rotating top half so you can angle the boom at a greater angle, but the RBB mic stand is just a straight pole, so it could get in the way of your hands. Not a massive deal though.

The Hofner bass was a little smaller than I thought, but it still looks class and I will probably get it from Ebay.

In the end, I spent some of my money on the Rickenbacker of John Lennon. It was stupidly expensive (£90) and clearly a massive mark-up, BUT, its the best guitar I've ever used in these games. Just so responsive, solid and I felt I played much better with it.

Fact it looks great is a nice bonus :)

Shame about the full kit though.

Who was I kidding! :LOL:

Traded in the GHWT kit today for the Beatles Ltd Ed. God, I'm so weak!

I superb though - bar the look of the drums, the rest of it is superb (and the drums are quieter and more sensitive than the GH ones - plus I've ordered a triple Cymbal pack, so should get some authenticity back).

Better spending your money on that than more tatt's ;)

Ha! Funny you should mention that... having an elbow star done Saturday as part of my 'music' arm (Pearl Jam logo so far) and next Thursday I start my big Japanese sleeve.

I've also just got my next one sorted. Big cartoon image of the Beatles with their instruments, going on my back. Probably a 6-7 hour session.

Love it!

Ha! Funny you should mention that... having an elbow star done Saturday as part of my 'music' arm (Pearl Jam logo so far) and next Thursday I start my big Japanese sleeve.

I've also just got my next one sorted. Big cartoon image of the Beatles with their instruments, going on my back. Probably a 6-7 hour session.

Love it!
Crazy. How will they look when you're 70 odd?!

WHAT FUCKING RECESSION?

:LOL: Things are going well for web designers who work their fucking bollocks off!

Crazy. How will they look when you're 70 odd?!

Like lots of other people of our generation! Tattoo technology is different now days, so they shouldnt look as shite as 'old man' tattoos do now (blue/green smudges).

Still, who cares - could be dead by 70 so it wont matter. Live for the now!

This game is amazing.

I have yet to play online though, which I though most folk on here would do, but with FIFA 10 coming along I can see this sitting at the bottom of the pile for a while.

C'mon PS3 users, I'm topping the leaderboards for most of the songs here! Gimme something to aim for! ;)

C'mon PS3 users, I'm topping the leaderboards for most of the songs here! Gimme something to aim for! ;)

Get out of it! I'm above you on most songs :P

What are you doing, solo guitar? Most of mine are on drums, or 'band' with me singing/guitaring.

Though I got the Hofner bass yesterday and enjoyed a couple of bass too, so will do some singing/bass ala McCartney too I reckon.

We do need to get together for some online shiznit though.

Ah, guitar I should've said :)

Haven't tried drums, scared of them sounding so loud in the flat below me, and the guy who lived there is built like an NFL linebacker so I don't want to annoy him :LOL:

Ah, guitar I should've said :)

Haven't tried drums, scared of them sounding so loud in the flat below me, and the guy who lived there is built like an NFL linebacker so I don't want to annoy him :LOL:

Ha! Dont blame ya. The RB drums are the quietest yet to be honest - and actually really nice to play.

Only thing I dont like about them is that I forgot about the RB drums 'rim shots' - the pads have hard plastic round them and I kept hitting that which is annoying. The GHWT drums were just soft pad, so you didnt get a horrible crack noise.

Other than that, the pads are nice and soft, the rebound is great and they are really responsive. Get my 3 cymbals tomorrow too, so I'll report in on those.

Got the triple cymbal add-on pack today for the RBB drums. Very good - really happy with them now and dont regret getting rid of the GHWT ones.

Damn what a game this is! When you start hearing the songs you just fall back in love! I've been playing 3 hours straight and I'm absolutely loving it. My first track was Helter Skelter and played it on Expert (the first time ever on Rock Band) and I did fairly good since I've played Guitar Hero.

What difficulty do you lot play on?

Last edited:
Damn what a game this is! When you start hearing the songs you just fall back in love! I've been playing 3 hours straight and I'm absolutely loving it. My first track was Helter Skelter and played it on Expert (the first time ever on Rock Band) and I did fairly good since I've played Guitar Hero.

What difficulty do you lot play on?

Vocal - Hard (if guitaring) / Expert if not
Guitar - Hard if singing / Expert if not
Drums - Mostly hard, some expert
Bass - Expert

To be fair, RBB is a bit easier song wise compared to normal RB, where I do most on hard and only a few on Expert. Same with GH.

Back
Top Bottom