the all things E3 thread - July 10-13

Well Sony clearly droped the ball .there lol that was terrible.
No solid dates no real new news.

Microsoft were able to take their time show indepth demos of games with release dates and news.
Nintendo had lots of new gadgets and solid news and dates.
Sony just flung lots of video previews at you with no soild dates or news.

Shakes head.

I am watching Nity one now & its boring. Dec 3rd for Smash Bros???

We aint seeing that this yaer. Ninty hate Europe. At least PS3 is region free.

The problem with Nintendo is that they are harping on about the non-traditional gamer, however; they were giving a press conference to games journalists, not to a bunch of Saga subscribers! I don't give a fuck about Wii Fit, it takes the piss, even more so because Miyamoto bloody made it.

Last edited:
E3 is dead, all 3 companies failed to excite me.

Spot on Nick they did all suck but to what degrees of suckyness we get to argue about.

Didnt get my Pricedrop or improved system news from Microsoft.
Dont care about Nintendo.
Sony didnt give me any new amazing info about games we hadnt heard of or were waiting to see.

Sony didnt give me any new amazing info about games we hadnt heard of or were waiting to see.

They nearly did it when they announced Wipeout HD. Unfortunately it didnt look as good as I thought it would :(

Best games so far from the 3 conferences.

Resident evil.
Mass effect.
MGS.
InFamous (did look a bit like crackdown tho with Jedi powers).
Assasins Creed
Call of Duty 4
Medal of Honour (looks good its about time we can go where we like do missions in any order in FPS's. Halo and Killzone Take note).

@ Jack, happy to see you see the good side of Nintendo, but the stuff they are doing to enlarge the market isnt really benefitting me.
You selfish bugger! ;)

But seriously, they haven't set out to impress you, so they're not going to. I personally was quite impressed at the idea of the exercise thing because Nintendo has got me "training my brain" every day with Brain Training - and that really does make a difference. So I'll be really interested to see if their keep-fit stuff keeps you fit or if it's a dancemat with two less "buttons".

The problem with Nintendo is that they are harping on about the non-traditional gamer, however; they were giving a press conference to games journalists, not to a bunch of Saga subscribers! I don't give a fuck about Wii Fit, it takes the piss, even more so because Miyamoto bloody made it.
Non-traditional gamers are gamers too. And Nintendo are a games company, so, you know. Besides, their stuff is now "out there", in the news etc., and so their show has served its purpose (i.e. they've advertised their latest products). I wouldn't be surprised to see the keep-fit thing headlining the BBC News RSS feed. "Non-traditional gamers" will want that.

Last edited:
But I thought EA were yet to show anything? According to the timetable, their show is starting... Right now, actually.

I thought it was a case of, Microsoft show (featuring a few "important" third-party games), Sony show (same), Nintendo show and then the developers own shows?

Jack, I know man. It will sell bucket loads. But that in itself is annoying to me. I played the wii the other day for the first time, it was Wii Sports, which you could argue is why non-gamers are buying the machine. I couldn't understand why swinging a controller in pretty much the same way in 5 games could be appealing.

Maybe it is just me. (Sorry didn't mean to go off topic)

You think Japan and Konami doesn't like europe they certainly hate americans lol.
They probably grind their teeth when they show PES at Liepzig

Last edited:
Jack, I know man. It will sell bucket loads. But that in itself is annoying to me. I played the wii the other day for the first time, it was Wii Sports, which you could argue is why non-gamers are buying the machine. I couldn't understand why swinging a controller in pretty much the same way in 5 games could be appealing.

Maybe it is just me. (Sorry didn't mean to go off topic)
I agree with you completely, but it's not all about the remote, especially if you're a normal gamer. I mean, put it like this, the PS3 has six-axis control, but that doesn't make the PS3 does it? My favourite Wii game is Mario Strikers Charged, which is such a laugh - does that require you to swing the remote around like an idiot? No, it could have been done on any console, 360 or PS3. You use the remote like you use a normal gamepad. You just push an analog stick and press some buttons (there's things like shaking the remote which performs a shove, but that could easily be assigned to a button).

But then there are games that utilise the Wiimote well. Rayman Raving Rabbids is a bunch of mini-games (you either love that kind of game or hate it), and it executes humour with having to use different skills so, so well. It's not a case of hit, hit, hit, you get running games where you have to swing both arms as quickly as possible, shooting games, drawing games, time-your-move games... WiiPlay and WiiSports are nowhere NEAR the level of fun/originality that the Wii can produce.

The machine (and the "gimmick") is the base of everything, of course, but at the end of the day if the developers are good enough, they can make a great game out of it. If the Wii wasn't capable of playing good games, I wouldn't still have it.

Last edited:
Okay then, let's see what games I want over the coming months thanks to E3.

Assassin's Creed, Bourne Conspiracy, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty 4, Crash of Titans, Halo 3, Killzone 2, Legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Mario Kart Wii, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid 4, PGR4, Resident Evil 5, Rock Band, Sensible World Of Soccer, Stranglehold, Super Mario Galaxy, Too Human and WiiFit.

How much is a 22-year-old kidney worth? Could I swap it for at least a PlayStation3?

Seriously though, they all look amazing. I've bolded Too Human because all of the other trailers were like quick-fixes, "wow great graphics, wow that's a good gun". With Too Human I was like, "who's this guy, what are they talking about, who could he be, what the HELL is that thing". I instantly wanted to know more of the story. Those kind of games are the best, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The Call of Duty 4 video is well good but what bugs me is how the main character is walking or running (pretty sure he’s running because he keeps up with the character in front of him) with his weapon not adjusting to his movement. It's facing straight all the way through. A bit silly. It ain't like that in GRAW, is it?

Take a look:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21587.html

CoD4 looks immense and its definitely a contender for game of the show, i'm sure they'll iron out that bug agent smith.

Unreal Tournament 3 will be coming to not only the PlayStation 3, but the PC as well this November. "Some of the kids didn't seem to get that," laughs Rein.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom