the all things E3 thread - July 10-13

I thought this E3 was pretty good to be honest, what has to be remembered is that this is the first of the new E3 so it's to be expected that it might not have pleased all of the people all of the time. For myself I saw some nice trailers/screenshots of games I was looking forward to and learned of a few games I didn't know of before.

What also has to be remembered is that E3 historically was supposed to be about the publishers/developers getting their work shown and especially unsigned games getting shown so they could be signed, previous E3's had reached the point where the only people they benefited were the local strippers and hookers who could earn some cash dressing as booth babes, (and I use the term babes loosely, skanky trash would be a more appropriate reflection of my visit to E3 05).

E3 had reached a point where is was so bloated and overly populated by every geek with a tripod website that nothing was being achieved for the majority of developers and exhibitors, yes some of the bigger publishers were getting some decent exposure out of it but for the vast costs involved they could get the same exposure with TV ads or similar, the success of E3 has to be judged as a whole, not simply whether you as a gamer saw the games you are interested in.....

Back
Top Bottom