the all things E3 thread - July 10-13

Well Sony clearly droped the ball .there lol that was terrible.
No solid dates no real new news.

Microsoft were able to take their time show indepth demos of games with release dates and news.
Nintendo had lots of new gadgets and solid news and dates.
Sony just flung lots of video previews at you with no soild dates or news.

Microsoft were able to take their time show indepth demos of games with release dates and news.
That is a real fanboy ! lol

terrible? that was clearly the best conference by far.

Speaking to GameSpot, the irrepressible Rein laughed off any suggestion that Sony might have offered Epic financial incentives to keep UTIII a PS3 exclusive. "There's nothing sinister about it," he said, laughing. "It's just the PS3 and PC version of the games are compatible, because Sony has an open-source platform." Rein didn't clarify if he meant simply the development process was compatible, or whether the game would allow for cross-platform play.

Having watched all 3 conferences. Sony was by far the most impressive. We might have known about the games but they look absolutely amazing. Sony have stepped up to the plate big time.

They actualy liked Sonys presentaion on tv because they showed you lots of games but we knew about nearly 90% of them

True, but we knew 99% of the ones on Nintendo & Microsoft.

Just the overall look of the games, the quality in the titles and ofcourse MGS4 swings it for. Imo clear winner, although I thought it dragged a little.

Sony and Microsoft are tied with regards to the conferences. you can't really split them, both have equal amounts of good games. Ninty was woeful! I also do not see the fuss about MGS!

Sony and Microsoft are tied with regards to the conferences. you can't really split them, both have equal amounts of good games. Ninty was woeful! I also do not see the fuss about MGS!

I'd go with that tbh.

I think overall it comes down to taste. I dont care much for Halo, as you dont care much for MGS.

Im definately in agreement with you about Nintendo, they've clearly forgotten about their hardcore fans. I suppose they're going where the money is.

but if you compare PS3 and Xbox 360 games that are getting released soon most are on both systems anyway but the ones that aren't.

Microsoft showed: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo3
Sony showed: MGS, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Crank, Killzone 2

Look at the history behind these games and can you truly say that Sony's games are more exciting no-way.
The best Sony has to show is MGS but even from the video you can tell its going to be an interactive movie again with some gameplay elements.

Im definately in agreement with you about Nintendo, they've clearly forgotten about their hardcore fans. I suppose they're going where the money is.

Ka-Ching.................. They are in a market of their own, and TBH, MS and Sony are almost in their own markets too, just they are chasing slightly more similar cash spenders, i.e. not the kiddy / soccer mum / generations gaming dollar that Ninty want.

Sony is slowly getting the machine into homes, but it is long process for them atm, and really, I can see developers not worrying too much, they have invested HUGE, but, and this is major, Sony dont have enough consoles in Homes to make say some multi-million dollar game sell enough to turn a profit yet. MS have an installed base now, which means they were showing their current users what they have coming this year.

I'd go with that tbh.

I think overall it comes down to taste. I dont care much for Halo, as you dont care much for MGS.

Agreed on Sony/Microsoft and agreed on taste (there's a lot of games that I'm not looking forward to but after seeing Killzone 2 and Halo 3 it's split 50/50 between the two consoles). Not agreed on Nintendo though, I don't think it was neccesarily a bad showing.

You're expecting, peow peow, tons of FPS games, explosions, driving games - they're not aiming towards your normal gamer. They're aiming at a completely different audience. They want the kids, they want the grandparents, they want the keep-fit fanatics etc... They're trying to cover parts of the market that the others aren't, and in that respect, I don't think they did too bad. Plus they introduced the fence-painting gun to keep (a few of) the FPS guys happy.

I've been quite pleased with all of it so far, actually!

(Who's Mr. Negative now, eh?!)

but if you compare PS3 and Xbox 360 games that are getting released soon most are on both systems anyway but the ones that aren't.

Microsoft showed: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo3
Sony showed: MGS, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Crank, Killzone 2

Look at the history behind these games and can you truly say that Sony's games are more exciting no-way.
The best Sony has to show is MGS but even from the video you can tell its going to be an interactive movie again with some gameplay elements.

Sony also showed Uncharted and Heavenly Sword. Dont forget about Lair too. Actually surprised that wasnt there.

IMO they are more exciting, I think we have already agreed on here it about taste. I'll also think you'll find Sony will get the accolades this year from the critics.

@ Jack, happy to see you see the good side of Nintendo, but the stuff they are doing to enlarge the market isnt really benefitting me.

The scary thing about Nintendo at the end of the conference when he kept going on about how playing games for all age groups and sexes etc.
That Nintendo would become the no 1 source for leisure entertainment.
What about going outside, playing real sports etc lol.
I think Nintendo has big pans for the human race.

Back
Top Bottom