SSX 4 news

You can do quicker flips using the right sticks instead of the classic controls.
I read on Merqury City that you can boost your trick point by quick tapping the rewind button, it's supposed to be some kind of bug (in the demo). It doesn't work for me...

Sorry for being a lame user, but... where do I find this Merqury City level? It's in the demo? I've only played the demo 2 times and didn't pay much attention to menus, but I thought there was only one race level demo!

Does it mean I could will also beat you on tricks? :SMUG:

Mercury City is a classic level from back in the day, it's not in the game.

There is a race level and a trick level in the demo.

Merqurycity.com is a website (and a forum) dedicated to SSX (a bit like Evo-web, but more laid back).
You can find much (crazy) information about the games on that site...
Here is a link:

www.merqurycity.com

The gravitude bar is their forum.

Mercury city is a (fantastic) over the top city track in SSX Tricky.

I've been playing the full game for a couple of hours now, it's great fun.

Enjoying the game so far, not liking the 'Deadly' aspect though.

Don't like the deadly descends either tobi.
As a matter of fact i didn't really liked world tour, but i've had lots of fun with explore...can't seem to be better than you though...must have brought you up loads of credits.

Saturday i had my first gold medal in the Alps, a new track and by chance i found a serious short cut...that was a good moment....

This game his huge and better than the previous ones, but there are some tracks that are way too difficult for me (the crevasses are horrible).

I like the track in Siberia with the nuclear installation...

Whenever I think I've put up a good score there's always someone on my friends list that betters it.

I haven't done much exploring yet, I keep getting drawn into recommendations.

No track really stands out for me at the moment but I did enjoy a SP race on a track that had long rails and big empty sides.

The track i liked least was the African track "corkscrew"...without a head lamp it's all a bit of a gamble where you go...incidentally (or rather not), i did well on that track.

On the track Curnoe's Mustacchio in the Rocky Mountains there is a 1 million snowflake hidden somewhere...it can level your character up enormously...

I can't find it.

On the XMB, de select Dolby Digital and it will output in DTS.

It always gets on my nerves when a game supports DTS (or LPCM) but doesn't give you an in game menu option to change.

I've only known Uncharted and GT that do it.

On Tour was by far the worst.
Tricky and 3 are the best ones.

Agreed, love Tricky and like SSX 3 very much. Hate this new one, I think they ruined the controls, it's far too direct and it's too quick, which ruins the immersiveness.

Well I just bought...ssx 3 for my ps2 instead of this one.

It was a toss up between that and ssxc tricky but I think 3 slightly better reviews.

Anybody playing this on Xbox? I am getting a copy sent over hopefully in the next week and need more people to beat scores of etc on it? :DD

That is a shame for you, although i love the game, i'm not very good at it; so you would earn lots of credits doing better than i did in Explore.

I'm reasonably well in racing but very poor in Trick It...when i compare my scores with those of Tobi and Thomasgoal...big difference.

I've wanted to grab this game for some time now, but having an incredible crunch time at work and the fact I didnt find it in my local stores, I may pruchase it online and wait to have a reasonable amount of spare time to get on with it.

What makes me eager it's the kind of asinchronous multiplayer experience. Hope I'm right with this!

Just started playing the game yesterday, but I don't get the equipment screen? it looks like it says -20 etc on new snow boards etc that are in red writing? what does that mean?

What do those numbers mean? and why are they in red?

There was a board that cost 20,000 but had red minus numbers on all the attributes, why would I buy it?

The game compared that board with the current you are using Bobby, and yes it's evident that you should not use that board...they are randomly generated...

This is perhaps not the most spectacular game, but boy do i love it...

That's what I thought it was, but it doesn't make sense. Most of the time my original equipment is better than the new stuff?

Also when I needed a wingsuit thing for one race and my snowboarder didn't have a wing suite it still had the -20 etc in red, but there was nothing to compare it to? strange?

i'm finding the game hard, but I haven't had much time on it yet.

Some peoples race times and trick scores are ridiculous! I'm playing the offline things first to build up the snowboarders.

Bobby, it will get easier once your riders are leveling up and once you will have better gear (and you definitely will have better gear). Sometimes it also pays to buy a mod.
The best way to earn some credits is to place or collect geotags and snowflakes. In the rockies (Cornoe's Mustacchio) there is snow flake worth 1 million credits near and electricity pole...you could try to reach it with a wing suit (i haven't tried it myself).

The only region i really don't like are Antartica and Africa , to many crevasses...

I will buy it, but this is not the kind of download i was hoping for.
It's different from the rest of the game (but the game is great).

Back
Top Bottom