SSX 4 news

oh my the Demo certainly had promise! Just played it and loved it. Delightfully frantic at times. Looks like a day one buy!

Glad to see you can change the controls back to the classic way, I can't really abide by Skate-type controls. Applaud what they're trying to do but it's just not very fun.

Downloading the demo now after finally finding it on the PS Store, surprised it's not advertised on the front page.

I'm gutted because I appear to have lost SSX3, I might just have to D/L On Tour and have done with it.

Matherto, On Tour is the worst game in the series. It has lots of bugs that are gameplay killers...after a while you will get frustrated by it. Better to wait a couple of weeks and buy the new one.

I love the demo, even if i'm very bad at this game...when i want to do tricks, somehow i always end up pushing the rewind button (L1)...just gotta replay the tutorials quite a few times...i think they are very good especially for game dummies like me.

Do you guys now how to use the wingsuit on classic controls? I can't seem to find it in the control overview.

I don't really understand why the left stick can't be used for rotating tricks in classic controls, but I suppose that may have been like that in the old games.

Jumpsuit is R1 (or RB), no matter which controls you use.
If i'm not mistaken you can mix both classic and new controls, but i'm not sure. I scarcely had the time to try the demo's, my kids have vacation and are camping before the game consoles...

It's not R1, that's a grab.

I'm surprised people aren't asking about it at the gamefaqs board, apparently I'm the only one braindead enough not to figure this out.

...then again, general excitement for this game seems very low. Don't know why that is. Such a huge franchise on PS2.

Edit: There was a question about it at Giantbomb.com. Apparently, you can only use it during the tutorial bit. Where it is utterly pointless. Strange too ignore this new addition in the demo.

Last edited:
The game gets MUCH better when you have friends who have played the demo too. All the notes about high scores they've just set or that they've just beaten your score is really great. I love that their ghost is shown for you to beat as well.

Classic controls are definitely the way to go for me. I really didn't enjoy the game after playing it with the right stick. I tried the classic controls afterwards and found it better but I think because I'd just come off the annoying right stick i wasn't in the best frame of mind.

Today it's a much better game. I'm not randomly using the right stick and then reminding myself that I've just changed to classic. I keep hitting L1 by mistake though.

I've gone from 'hmmm it's okay' to 'whoa this is really good'.

No Thomas. I never liked it. Was a disappointment after SSX 3 that was a great game.
I've heard an interview (a very long one, more than 4 hours in 2 podcast, called ssx Ubercast)with the creative producer of the new game (Todd Batty) where he said that EA recognized on Tour was below standard.
SSX3 was my favourite one.
I've just played the game and this is the first game where i have to say i'm getting too old for it...i really love it and i've played the demo for roughly 45 minutes now, i'm getting slowly better at it, but i feel i can't play it very long...i'm getting dizzy.
I've had something similar with Red Dead Redemption. Just before you unlock Mexico there is some sort of machine gun sequence which i played and i ended up having some sort of epileptic fit the day after. Of course i stopped playing the game after that (i was gutted, such a great game). I've preordered it now and i wouldn't be surprised if i had to give up on it after a few days...a big shame, because i was looking forward to this game for ages...

PS: thomas, PM me your PSN identity if you want...we can race each other (you will certainly win).

Isslander, it took me forty five minutes but I finally beat your time on JT2!

Just tried it with the stick, it actually works pretty well but I was trying tricks without thinking, rather than knowing what I should be doing to achieve them.

I'd imagine it's easier to know what button combinations are right.

I like it though, not sure I'll get it on release date but I'll pick it up at some point.

Isslander, it took me forty five minutes but I finally beat your time on JT2!

It took me some time, but I could beat yours! For some reason, I got stuck in the snow in the last 100 meters and I lost a lot of time, because I reached the last 100 meters way ahead of the GOLD ghost and finished 1 sec behind him. I don't know much of what I do while in the sky, I simply pull both sticks frantically until I touch the ground. Maybe I should think a bit more what I'm doing.

Hey Alex, i alos beat tobi's time on JT. After a lot of practising the racing suits me fine, but i'm horrible for the tricks.

challenge-accepted.jpg

Last edited:
Oops...i'm getting nervous.
I've tried to do better than that time, but i never even came near...might be a one off.
I had Super Tricky for a relatively long time and could use the boost from the rail section until the finish.

In my other runs i always got stuck near the train wreck...

About the trick mode: on Mercury City i saw a video of some guy who had a total of 40 million points.

PS: i'm really looking forward to the full game.

1- I dont use rails that much. If you follow my ghost you will see that. Plus, the last rail really slows me down, and its the main reason I didnt beat gold. I will try to find an alternative route.

2- Its there a trick level in the demo? I thought there was only that course!

Does anybody know if this will be available to download on xbox live straight away?

I think they only put games to download after some months, but I was hoping that they do them earlier for some games? (is there a way of finding out? I tried googling)

I'm in Israel and they all play Ps3 here so barely any shops that stock xbox games :ROLL:

I'm pretty sure there will be no immediate download (at least not here in Belgium) Bobby...
If you want the game for Xbox, i'm prepared to buy it for you and to send it to Israël for you...tomorrow i have to go to Holland and i will certainly come across shops with the game (i hope, otherwise later on).

I'm pretty sure there will be no immediate download (at least not here in Belgium) Bobby...
If you want the game for Xbox, i'm prepared to buy it for you and to send it to Israël for you...tomorrow i have to go to Holland and i will certainly come across shops with the game (i hope, otherwise later on).

That is very kind of you Gerd, but if I need to, I will just get someone in Blighty to send it over. really appreciate it though thank you :))

I set new records this morning using the right stick and I realised that they've limited the face buttons.

Back
Top Bottom