Sony PSP/Vita

So are people still enjoying their Vitas? I'm thinking about getting one, mainly for the fact that it hooks up with the PS4 and I can get tons of stuff for it via PS Plus. Seems a shame to have free vita games available each month with nothing to play them on.

Yep, enjoying it a lot more than I expected to. Very nice graphics and works great with the PS4. Could do with better battery though.

Lami bought one this week and he loved it so much that he´s playing it for 72 hours without sleep... He will end up fired from evo-web because of that!

I've had mine for about a year and absolutely love it. I use it all the time, was a little disappointed initially with the games,. but Tearaway and Killzone are superb. I use it as my main multimedia device, as a commute to work it very handy for watching movies etc on the train. Cross play is also a bonus, thought that it would be a gimmick but some of the games work really well, especially FIFA. So it is great having that flexibility to be able play anywhere where there is a wifi connection available.

Broken Sword 5 is out today on Vita

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-serpents-curse-ep-1-out-tomorrow-on-ps-vita/

The cutscene animation looks a bit shit but an old style adventure game coming to the Vita is something I very much approve of. I'll get it soon. I was going to get Lone Survivor (on a Christmas deal price now) but I think I'll save my money and wait for it to go free on plus.

And yes I love the Vita, right now I just don't have enough time to play on it cause I have accumulated some nice games!

It has also shifted my gaming habits a bit from the big leagues and into Indy, Spelunky gets a regular look in while stuff like Uncharted and Gravity Rush are left relatively untouched.

Last edited:
So if I buy a VITA and I'm on holiday in January, with wifi in the villa, as long as my PS4 is on standby with the disc in the drive (or the digital version of a game downloaded from PSN) at home I can play it from my sunlounger on the VITA with a rum cocktail?

This sounds all sorts of cool if so.

Lami bought one this week and he loved it so much that he´s playing it for 72 hours without sleep... He will end up fired from evo-web because of that!

drooling_homer-712749.gif2.png

Yes. I have ditched the PS4 and got a Vita instead. Great piece of tech this is. Love it. Remote play across the internet is awesome as well. Will come in handy whenever I do get a PS4.

Persona 4 is on the last 12 deals of Christmas deal. Not really my type of game (I think, I have no idea what it is) but probably worth the heads up.

Haha I'm still mulling this over. One the one hand I feel like I might not really use it too much as I never really use my 3DS, but to be honest, that might be because I never buy any games for it as they cost virtually the same as full console games.

With the Vita, I pretty much get two or three free games a month through PS Plus. I've downloaded them in the past in case I ever buy one, so I'll get about ten free games if I choose to get one. Not having to pay for games is a pretty big draw.

Plus, GAME in the UK seem to be offer a Vita with Little Big Planet, Tearaway and a 16GB memory card for £150. That's a pretty sweet deal.

That's a sweet deal, especially with the memory card. You should get that, or just forget the whole thing... until there is another deal somewhere down the line.

Haha I'm still mulling this over. One the one hand I feel like I might not really use it too much as I never really use my 3DS, but to be honest, that might be because I never buy any games for it as they cost virtually the same as full console games.

With the Vita, I pretty much get two or three free games a month through PS Plus. I've downloaded them in the past in case I ever buy one, so I'll get about ten free games if I choose to get one. Not having to pay for games is a pretty big draw.

Plus, GAME in the UK seem to be offer a Vita with Little Big Planet, Tearaway and a 16GB memory card for £150. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Almost same reason I got mine. Found the price real tempting plus the fact that I don't have to pay a dime for any game. All free on ps plus. Had about 7 games already waiting for me. If you got plus earlier and had vita games on your download list then you should have even more free games waiting for you. That's plenty. Got a batarang like grip for it a few days ago and it's just awesome. Quick, multitasking mobile gaming with good enough graphics.

Love it.

I finally got to try one today with Uncharted and Gravity Rush loaded up, I must say it was lovely. I was actually surpised at how good Uncharted looked. I think I'm going to get one.

GAME aren't doing their offer anymore but John Lewis are offering the wifi console with a 16GB memory card, Tearaway and Little Big Planet as downloadable games for £180. Plus John Lewis always offer a free 2-year warranty on their electronic products, so an extra-year's warranty is always good. Plus if I'm going to get one, I'd better hurry before the Vita 2000 comes out - I definitely want one with the OLED screen.

The OLED is fucking sexy. Just a shame there's barely any software to play on this.

Might have to take a dip into the PSP's library or even get some PS1 classics to get my money's worth out of this.

Personally I think there's quite a bit on the Vita, spoilt for choice.

Tempted to pick up OlliOlli.

I was initially put off by the apparent general lack of games but as a mobile device it will take me ages to finish each one. I'm interested in getting:

Tearaway
Little Big Planet
Football Manager Classic
Dragon's Crown
Motorstorm RC
Little Deviants
Marvel v Capcom
Injustice
Batman Black Gate
Escape Plan
Limbo
Hotline Miami
Jet Set Radio
Killzone Mercenary
FIFA (maybe)

I'm sure there are other games but I can't remember right now....

and already on PS Plus I have access to:

Uncharted
Gravity Rush
Modnation Racers
Flower
Oddworld
Guacamelee
Rayman Legends

Plus a whole bunch of other games I can't remember!

Plus, I plan to use it as a second occasional controller for my PS4, and as a second screen for stuff like Battlefield 4. And remote play is pretty cool too.

Last edited:
I tried the Escape Plan demo, didn't like it all that much. Otherwise the list looks good - I'd get Spelunky on there though. Speaking of which, who is up for the Spelunky daily challenge? Get your usernames in here!

Also Suuuuuuupes, you'll want a big memory card. I'd say 16gig at the least. I have 8 and I'm deleting games regularly to make space for new ones (I can re-download them, but still).

Yeah I'm going with the 16Gb card, it comes with the vita bundle and the 32gb ones are way too expensive. Just a thought, but is it theoretically possible to have two 16gb cards with different games loaded up on both, then just swap the two cards around when needed depending on which game was on each card? That would be awesome, I could keep one in the vita and one in my wallet.

That would be the perfect solution to carrying around game discs. I have a 3DS which I'm thinking of selling, it's a nice machine but I get fed up of the game prices and carrying around those tiny cartridges. Plus apart from Zelda and Mario, I'm not all that interested in the other titles.

If I could swap out the memory cards then I could effectively carry around a large library of games without having to keep track of the physical games, all while mostly being 'free' as part of PS Plus!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm going with the 16Gb card, it comes with the vita bundle and the 32gb ones are way too expensive. Just a thought, but is it theoretically possible to have two 16gb cards with different games loaded up on both, then just swap the two cards around when needed depending on which game was on each card? That would be awesome, I could keep one in the vita and one in my wallet.

That would be the perfect solution to carrying around game discs. I have a 3DS which I'm thinking of selling, it's a nice machine but I get fed up of the game prices and carrying around those tiny cartridges. Plus apart from Zelda and Mario, I'm not all that interested in the other titles.

If I could swap out the memory cards then I could effectively carry around a large library of games without having to keep track of the physical games, all while mostly being 'free' as part of PS Plus!

The 32gb is expensive because of short supply

Cost me £68 for a 64GB card from Japan. I'm trying to go digital as much as possible on the Vita and 3DS, carts just annoy me now.

Aye, I thought sod the carts and imported one as well. Fucking Sony and their proprietary bollocks.

Only problem for me is that when I want to play the US 60Hz versions of PS1 games on mine, I have to switch out the memory cards and put in the original 8gb one which is tied to my US PSN, as well as reset the system.

Would've been nice if they'd just implemented the PS3's unrestricted account system.

Got mine today with a 16GB memory card and ten games (some decent ones on there, Motorstorm RC, Little Big Planet, Wipeout, Little Deviants, Lemmings) for £155. I initially asked them for their £155 bundle with a memory card and Killzone, but I assume they've been losing sales because Killzone is out of stock, so to persuade me to buy one they offered the ten game pack that I think is quite a bit more expensive at closer to £200, for the same price as the Killzone bundle. I think I haggled them down without actually realising it.

With those ten games, my ten or so PS Plus games I've saved recently, and more to come, I'm not sure I'll ever need to actually but a game at all. Plus it's just covered the cost of a second PS4 controller I now don't need to buy :D

Last edited:
So, I'm trying to just transfer some games from my PS3 to my Vita, but it's instead downloading a 500MB update file. It seems to do something similar every time I transfer stuff. Does anyone know what that is?!

Fuck sake. I just paid £15 more for the same bundle minus the starter kit yesterday. Oh well, that's buying technology for you. I waited ages for a good deal, decided eventually to just get one as no amazing offers were going round, then the very next day after buying one, an amazing deal comes out. Always the way.

Last edited:
So tempted!!!

Had one before, did like it, but didnt really use it. Now I travel more, I have PS+ and will be getting a PS4 later in the year.

Too good to resist??

Back
Top Bottom