Sony PSP/Vita

It's lambing season here at home, the reason I'm saying that in here is that I get very sleep deprived these days and tend to do things like buying stuff I don't really need - In this case the Vita. I almost had this instant regret the moment I pressed "confirm" on my purchase, but now I have it, that regret is fading away cause this thing is very awesome! I picked up Everybody's Golf and am in the process of moving over my PSN+ games. Uncharted is being a bit of a git though, I get an error message when I try to copy it over. At first I feared it had some dumb system that wouldn't allow me to copy games no longer in the PS+ Instant game collection, but I got Gravity rush over with no problems, so it's not that.

I'm thinking of getting one too, I'm already using my 3DS quite often so this'll just make me even more sleep deprived than usual.

Surprised at the lack of love for handhelds on here. The 3DS has a very solid stream of good games coming out these days and the Vita has improved in terms of game choice, especially if you have PS Plus.

Sony has announced plans to release a new revision of its PlayStation Vita hardware to the Japanese market next month, as part of its pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference.

The new model will reportedly be 20 percent thinner, 15 percent lighter, include 1GB of built-in memory, and provide an additional hour of battery life--for a total run time of six hours of use. The new model appears to abandon the previous model's OLED screen in favour of a 5-inch LCD.

The new model (PCH-2000) will be available in six colours: pink, white, brown, light blue, black, and yellow. Sony also announced plans to drop its proprietary PS Vita charger, moving to a more common micro-USB type. The company also announced that it would be reducing the costs of the entire range of its PS Vita Memory Cards, as well as introducing a larger-capacity 64GB model for 9,980 yen.

The new PlayStation Vita will be available from October 10 for 19,929 yen, including tax. No Western release dates were confirmed.

Gamespot

The new Vitas look nice, I just hope they catch on and Konami realize there is space for a football game there! (EA don't give a shit and just release the same Fifa game year after year)

Even though I own a Vita myself I struggle to come up with "essential" titles on the system. I suppose I can mention some good games though,

Everybody's Golf, but I am a sucker for that series.
Lumines is pretty cool, but I got it for free on PS+
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery has very nice puzzles and brain-benders. Only the first episode is out, but it's very cheap.
Uncharted is fine, I haven't finished it, but I think it's free along with Gravity Rush on PS+ throughout the year.
Spelunky is great fun but the difficulty level murders my soul. It's like old timey games where no matter how far you got, get a fatal hit and it's back to the very start. It's still an oddly fun game and I don't regret buying it.

The new PS Vita look nice but Sony changed psv quality screen..not OLED anymore now have LCD like on old psp..this being the reason for which we now have a longer life battery..!Triky Sony so did the ps3 that faty:KING: with a lot of pluses and now this horrible super slim..good guys!

A few more words about Spelunky - It's a fantastic game. But man, it is hard! I had opened up 2 shortcuts to later levels (which means you don't have to start from the very beginning when you die) and that was massively hard, you have to get these items to a digger which then makes the shortcuts. The final item for opening level 3 was a shotgun, so you had to take out a shopkeeper and take his gun. These dudes don't f*ck around though, the moment you throw a bomb at them they jump around firing at you with their stick of death.

I somehow managed that and when it was time to open up a shortcut for level four, the digger asked for a golden key from the first level. Ho-LY-SHIT. Seemed impossible (you have to carry such items around, and put them down every time you have to pick up something else) But it did it eventually, lugging that thing around throughout multiple stages (Level 3, the Ice caves, is not that hard compared to the first 2) Then I could start on Level 4, which was great but... if you haven't accumulated any items from the previous levels, you are pretty much F*CKED! I have made it to the third stage of this level but that's it. If I want to go any further I have to start earlier. Man this game is a bastard but there is something about it. I reccommend it, but for the love of God try the demo first.

A few more words about Spelunky - It's a fantastic game. But man, it is hard! I had opened up 2 shortcuts to later levels (which means you don't have to start from the very beginning when you die) and that was massively hard, you have to get these items to a digger which then makes the shortcuts. The final item for opening level 3 was a shotgun, so you had to take out a shopkeeper and take his gun. These dudes don't f*ck around though, the moment you throw a bomb at them they jump around firing at you with their stick of death.

I somehow managed that and when it was time to open up a shortcut for level four, the digger asked for a golden key from the first level. Ho-LY-SHIT. Seemed impossible (you have to carry such items around, and put them down every time you have to pick up something else) But it did it eventually, lugging that thing around throughout multiple stages (Level 3, the Ice caves, is not that hard compared to the first 2) Then I could start on Level 4, which was great but... if you haven't accumulated any items from the previous levels, you are pretty much F*CKED! I have made it to the third stage of this level but that's it. If I want to go any further I have to start earlier. Man this game is a bastard but there is something about it. I reccommend it, but for the love of God try the demo first.

Yea got it on Steam a while back, its superb.

Also, Super House of Dead Ninja's is a brilliant, similarish rogue-like. Recommended!

Just bought a Vita from eBay. £106 for the console and four games. Going to sign up for PS+ tomorrow, get a 16GB memory card and keep my eye out for Persona 4 going cheap.

Any recommended games?

Just bought a Vita from eBay. £106 for the console and four games. Going to sign up for PS+ tomorrow, get a 16GB memory card and keep my eye out for Persona 4 going cheap.

Any recommended games?

Uncharted
Gravity Rush
Killzone Mercenary
Persona 4
Limbo (it´s free on US PSN, not sure if it´s free or if it will be free in UK in the near future)
Motorstorm RC
Little Big Planet
Rayman Origins (i think it´s in PSN+)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Also with the PSN+ you will have new games every month. Already got more than 20 Vita games only from PSN+ in about one and a half year.

Cheers Honome.

Abou, I've got 999 on the 3DS, which is the prequel so I need to work through that I think. Cheers for the suggestion though.

I have Virtue's Last reward on my Vita, I caught it on PSN+ back in May. Yet to check it out though. Persona 4, I have looked at some walkthroughs and can't really make out what it's about. Teenage-communication-sim?

Assume you know its a 'double play' purchase? So you should be able to log into your PS3 account (if you have one) and download the PS3 version on that for free?

Yeah cheers, I find it much easier to play on the Vita though. The medal syncing is a bit laggy as well. Great game though.

I have also got LBP and Everybodys Golf which is excellent. Really hope they release more titles for it cos the Vita is brilliant.

I got Super Sidekicks (Neo Geo, game from 1993) a while ago on PSN. I was playing it on Vita not long ago and I couldn't help but laugh when I had a game with rain in it. That's a 20 year old game, Konami!!!

Tearaway on the PS Vita gets a 10/10 from me. Absolutely brilliant game and just pure fun. Worth buying a Vita just for that. Incredible.

I just bought Killzone Mercenary last month and loved the game, i am not a big fan of FPS but it played surpeisely well for a handheld console.

I will get Dragon´s Crown tomorrow on Xmas sale for 26usd and will wait for a Tearaway sale to buy it too.

Back
Top Bottom