Sevilla's Puerta had two cardiac arrests... and didn't make it.

Lucarelli's Website said:
Cristiano Lucarelli e lo staff del suo sito ufficiale esprimono le loro condoglianze ai familiari, ai compagni di squadra e a tutti i tifosi del Siviglia per la scomparsa di Antonio Puerta.

nice gesture.

WTF's going on at the moment??

"Nottingham Forest's Carling Cup tie at home to Leicester was abandoned at half-time after Foxes defender Clive Clarke collapsed in the dressing room.

Paramedics rushed down the tunnel to attend to the 27-year-old shortly after the half-time whistle.

"Clive was very seriously ill," said Leicester chief executive Tim Davies.

"He was taken away in an ambulance to hospital. He did offer a few words in the ambulance. Our thoughts and prayers are with Clive and his family."

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6963502.stm

Just read about this story involving Clive Clarke, just hope he is ok, this is becoming rather concerning.

Would it be improper of me to post a goal that I scored with Puerta, I mean no disrespect?

It's a Sad Day for Football, but a devastating one for Puerta's Family. My thought's are with them. It reminds me of when Marc Vivien Foe died. Again it's a player who didn't represent my team, but as football fans i think it transends Team Rivalry. He played the game we all love. To lose a 22year old in this way is deeply shocking.

I shouldn't think there would be a problem with that, not at all mate.

I still haven't got my head around it at the minute, it's just unbelievable, so so sad.

I just heard on SSN this morning that his girlfriend is due to give birth in a month, I wont bother posting the goal anymore it just gets worse.

:(
07.html

09.html

10.html

It's a sad moment for this sport, his family must be devastated, it's so sad giving that his gilfriend is pregnant. R.I.P. PUERTA! :(

Earlier on in this thread i posted about the posssibility of drugs in Spanish football and a possible link to Puerta (i was never affirmative about it, just wondered about it).
Now i've read in Dutch what really happened with Puerta. That post was not necessary, i want to appologize for it. There was no need to expect a link with drugs.

Terribly sad moment, I heard that news when I came back from training and it shocked me, I couldn't even sleep tonight.
He was one of my all time favourites, too.
When these things happen, I'm angry because it could have been avoided...if he really had previous faintings, why the medical staff or anyone involved didn't do anything? Unfortunately, in Spain (as well as many other countries) the medical tests are quite superficial.
Anyway, these talks are pretty useless when a young life is lost. I feel very sorry for his family, his friends and the little baby that will never see his father.
I would like to remember him as a good, humble and strong guy, we'll miss him.

Descanse en Paz, Antonio.

Last edited:
The brightest stars shine half as long...

Such sad news, Im lost for words.

wow wtf is causing players die like this, it could happen to anyone playing footy nothing is guaranteed hopefully they can fix future causes.

R.I.P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom