Sevilla's Puerta had two cardiac arrests... and didn't make it.

Re: Sevilla's Puerta had two cardiac arrests on game with Getafe

I'm simply lost for words, Sevilla being my favourite spanish team and Puerta being a player i'd earmarked for a very bright future i'm really shocked, such a tragic loss for his friends, family and his club.

I was discussing this with a friend earlier and something that came up was that unlike previous incidents with Marc Viven Foe and Miklos Feher, thanks to the presence of mind of the Sevilla players and medics he thankfully regained consciousness to the relief of everyone in attendance and watching worldwide and despite everything seemed in good shape.

It's just such a cruel twist of fate that he went on suffer a severe heart arrhythmia in the dressing room and tragically didn't recover.

RIP.

Sad news people - Antonio Puerta has died. My heart goes out to his family, especially his girlfriend who was due to give birth to his child within the next month. RIP - a devastating blow for football and Sevilla. It really brings things into perspective :(

i must be a an asshole but i don't feel anything
i can't be sad for a person who lived a good life when there's thousands of people dying in ways that i can't even imagine. who gives a s*** about all the people dying of starvation ? no one. but a player dies and everyone is sorry
i'm sorry too but that's life, i'm sad but all this talk about him makes me sick
i guess Stalin was right "the death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic"

The reason I am sad is because of the fact that Ive been watching him for so many years, and now I won't ever watch him play again. There's some sort of connection (or whatever). I might not feel that sad for millions of people dying of hunger, but if I see on of them on TV, and see their suffering, I will be as sad.

i can't be sad for a person who lived a good life when there's thousands of people dying in ways that i can't even imagine. who gives a s*** about all the people dying of starvation ? no one. but a player dies and everyone is sorry
i'm sorry too but that's life, i'm sad but all this talk about him makes me sick
i guess Stalin was right "the death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic"

i see,
so we shouldn't be sad for him coz many people in world is dying in more cruel ways?

we shouldn't feel sad coz he had a good life? does this should make his death more acceptable? and can u really say he had a good life? he died before he was 23, he died before seeing his first son...

we shouldn't feel sad coz that's life? then i guess when your girlfriend's parents or your best friend's parents or friends will die, u'll say "come on don't feel sorry, that's life!"

i don't think u're an asshole, but i think that if u don't feel sad for puerta, u should just leave us alone and don't post in a thread about puerta.
that's what i think.

p.s. stalin was a bastard, idiot and a murderer. death has nothing to do with statistic, and we all know why and when he said that phrase.

Last edited:

Brutally honest and I can see what you mean and agree theoretically with where you are coming from but cannot agree in actuality.

The thing is people find mass numbers of people and faceless statistics naturally hard to deal with, but I think that anyone would feel bad for any example of a tradgedy. You point to people starving but put a face to that and people are naturally upset. Put a face to the suffering people endured under Stalin and again people are naturally upset. Statistics are hard to deal with for anyone. Also there are some people who do care about the greater good even when it is dificult to naturally feel that way; an example is when people work for charities etc or are members of organisations that look out for people they are not aware of.

I give a lot of my time for a charity and I am also a member of amnesty international.

I don't feel bad for this player in the sense of knowing him, but it is tragic and I don't think it it wrong for people to feel sorry, that is just human.

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :( :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

something wrong is happening in football nowdays, young guys dying so often on and outside the field...(((

May he rest in peace...

His death is as tragic as th people dying of starvation.
Every death is tragic.

The fact that this one death of a young man receives much more media coverage than the childeren in darfur dying of starvation is tragic, but makes his death not less tragic.

My thoughts are going to Puerta's family and especially his pregnant girl friend...

May you rest in peace, Antoñito *sniff*

Descansa en paz, hombre. Espero que jamas olvides los aplausos de toda la gente en el estadio... una de las ultimas cosas que has escuchado, seguro.

It is indeed a very sad day. I know what all Sevilla's supporters (and, of course, all the Spanish) are going through right now; I felt the same way when one of our beloved players died, Miki Fehér.

RIP António Puerta

i'm sorry if i'm offending anyone with my honesty but that's just te way i feel

What is wrong with showing emotion towards a human being who has just so tragically lost his life and left behind a family, including an unborn child.

How can that make you sick ?

Nobody is saying this is any worse than any other death mate, we are simply paying our respects.

You may have a point, but I can't stop feeling horrible not only for a young 22-year old kid, but also for his family, friends and teammates. And you know why?

I too have cardiac problems, since I was a little kid. It came to the point that last year I was attending school, like in any day, and I had an arrythmia during a class, after playing footie with my friends during a break, and only didn't pass out because I was pinching myself all the time to not lose conscience, and when I couldn't do it anymore I asked my desk mate to do it. Diagnosis confirmed a sinusal taquicardia, not fatal in most cases, but can damage the heart in a long-term period.

And I saw how my family and friends were when I left the hospital (that same day), my ex-GF couldn't stop crying over the phone, and I just didn't know what to say. There even were rumours running around that afternoon that I had died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, but the truth is I never passed out, and when those rumours reached my loved ones, my phone didn't stop ringing.

That's because whenever I learn of a case like this, I can't help to think how the family and friends must be, to be with someone beside you now, and a second later passing away.

Foé, Fehér and now Puerta... Why?

Hasta siempre Antonio... Hasta un día en el cielo!

of course it's not usual for a young player to die like this but for me i can't feel that sad. i will feel sad if someone close to me dies
but i'm also sad about those other people who i don't know
to me the problem is not that you're here talking about puerta, it's that you don't even think about the other stuff that's happening. no one does, that's the problem
again, i'm sorry if i offended anyone

of course it's not usual for a young player to die like this but for me i can't feel that sad. i will feel sad if someone close to me dies
but i'm also sad about those other people who i don't know
to me the problem is not that you're here talking about puerta, it's that you don't even think about the other stuff that's happening. no one does, that's the problem
again, i'm sorry if i offended anyone

How do you know that nobody thinks about all the other things that happen. You cant speak for everybody.

There is no need for you to be sorry your entitled to your opinion mate, just as we all are.

Foé, Fehér and now Puerta... Why?

It can be genetics and run in families. It can be due to one off genetic flaws that result in a thin heart wall or valve that no one knows about or it can be caused by differing drugs and conditions...probably many other reasons.

I had a chemotherapy drug that has killed many people due to heart attacks. People have been just dropping down dead ten to fifteen years later as the drug was very cardio toxic (doxorubicin).

I have a heart arrhythmia, but so far I am still here and it doesn't affect me.

Sevilla fans are doing a petition to ban forever the number 16 of Sevilla shirt, the same like Benfica did in 2004 with the number 29 from Miklós Fehér.

i was planing to to buy a jesus navas shirt but changed my opinion now. do you guys know where i could get a current sevilla home kit with puertas name?

thank you total. do you know if the font is the same or does this shop have its own font?
I never ordered at the shop myself. I know for a fact that they offer CL lettering for CL shirts and Premiership lettering for Premiership shirts so I think they'll put the original numbers and font on it.

I never ordered at the shop myself. I know for a fact that they offer CL lettering for CL shirts and Premiership lettering for Premiership shirts so I think they'll put the original numbers and font on it.

Yip. Should be original numbers and font. I ordered a Berbatov kit and printing is original.

The field of football is a place for art, artists, and the football show.
It really freezes me from the inside to listen to that kind of news.

As I always say when that kind of things happen. Please be the last one.

R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom