Sevilla's Puerta had two cardiac arrests... and didn't make it.

Re: Sevilla's Puerta had two cardiac arrests on game with Getafe

what about the responsability of Sevilla's medical staff????
yep. and not only sevilla's responsabilities.... but also spanish federation responsabilities....

each federation has his own standards, talking about the cardiac conditions required to play...
i guess u all remember about fadiga, who was bought by inter, but couldn't play here in italy, as the federation established his cardiac conditions weren't good enough.....

i remember that those days the italian federation doctors said that fadiga "could play in any league in europe except italy", as our standards are the highest.

btw it's ridiculous to play in august at 3 o'clock in spain and italy... our climate doesn't allow theese kind of physical efforts. :(

yep. and not only sevilla's responsabilities.... but also spanish federation responsabilities....

each federation has his own standards, talking about the cardiac conditions required to play...
i guess u all remember about fadiga, who was bought by inter, but couldn't play here in italy, as the federation established his cardiac conditions weren't good enough.....

i remember that those days the italian federation doctors said that fadiga "could play in any league in europe except italy", as our standards are the highest.

btw it's ridiculous to play in august at 3 o'clock in spain and italy... our climate doesn't allow theese kind of physical efforts. :(
hmm i dont know mate, climate is not always a proven factor in these kinds of issues. We play football here in america all summer long and it gets pretty damn hot and humid here. Especially in Washington, Houston, Dallas, Chicago and sometimes New York. We havent had these kinds of problems happening all the time beacause of heat... I think this paticular player had a genetic heart problem and really had nothing to do with the heat. Unless some new findings have come about... What was the temperature at match time?

hmm i dont know mate, climate is not always a proven factor in these kinds of issues. We play football here in america all summer long and it gets pretty damn hot and humid here. Especially in Washington, Houston, Dallas, Chicago and sometimes New York. We havent had these kinds of problems happening all the time beacause of heat... I think this paticular player had a genetic heart problem and really had nothing to do with the heat. Unless some new findings have come about... What was the temperature at match time?

well, actually climate is proven as a big factor for cardiac issues. in italy, france and spain the number of death by hearth attack due to the temperature always grows in summer.

of course it's not the only factor. asu correctly say, dna is another big factor, as much as our cardiac conditions.

i see your points about football in usa and u're right. but maybe MLS standards, about players hearts conditions are as high as the italian ones.

of course i can't say the temperature was a factor in this case as i don't know. but sure playing theese days isn't the smartest choice.... it's not good for our players health and it's not good for us too, as the football played theese days is usually quite poor. just compare a serie a match played in august or september with a serie a match played in january... there's a huge difference, talking about quality.
at least we could play at 8 pm.
it's not a coincidence if the palermo - roma match was the most brilliant game this week in serie a.

anyway does anybody has any news about antonio's conditions???

EDIT:
just heard on the tv the last doctors report (last night). they say antonio's conditions are going from bad to worse, as his brain and his internal organs are badly suffering coz of the lack of oxygen......
it looks like brain damages are almost sure.... damn it!:(

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/07/08/28/SOCCER_Spa-Puerta.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Last edited:

That surely is bad news my Italian friend...poor guy and i'also thinking about us pregnant wife or girl friend.
Dramatic.

Sevilla FC player Antonio Puerta has died at age 22 today, Spanish newspaper El Mundo and other media report.
www.elmundo.es

May he rest in peace, tragic loss. :(

My thoughts are with his family and friends, a young man with all his life to live, really puts things into perspective.

May he rest in peace.

RIP Antonio.

Really put's life into perspective.

R.I.P Antonio Puerta Pérez

Lost my words. Just like when Miklos Feher faded away...

RIP champion...

I don't know what to say. =/

R.I.P Antonio :(

does anybody knows if he had any pubblic email addresses or an official site with a tag?
i'd like to write something to his family.

R.I.P. Antonio, such a great footballing talent diying so young!!! I'm f'n shocked... :(

R.I.P ... very sad indeed.. i saw United vs seville last year.. i am sure he played well in that pre-season game!!!

I am shocked...!!!!!

Just came home and saw this.. F'k, the worst thing happened!

RIP Antonio Puerta..

I don't watch a lot of Sevilla team matches but i have seen how this player play and he was a talented young footballer .Only 22 I don't know what to say .REST IN PEACE ANTONIO .

RIP Antonio.
It's so sad that he's left a pregnant wife as well.
:(

Sh*t! This is just shocking, and so sad :(

My thoughts are with his family, and friends, and especially his pregnant girlfriend. He was a very good player, such a shame

I am actually crying :cry:

This is just unreal, R.I.P. Antonio

R.I.P. Antonio
God bless his family.

antoniopuertagenioyfiguxg4.jpg

:sad: so sad

Back
Top Bottom