Russia World Cup 2018 Thread

@Madhu Chettri I agree, I thought he looked a great player and I enjoyed watching Peru, another team unlucky to be going home, alongside Morocco I think.

@WhoAteMeDinner No. Unfortunately most of the time England fans abroad are an embarrassment. We've looked good so far but against two weaker teams. Looking at all the teams so far we have as good a chance as we've ever had but we'll probably beat Belgium and go out to Japan or something. It's just what we do!

@mattmid , in fairness, the UK police seem to have travel-banned and stamped out almost all English football hooliganism, the "English disease" looks like a thing of the past. And very true, Japan or Colombia are very tough opposition, that group also had Senegal, not an easy group to get out of.

France vs Denmark's boring match this WC except this girl :LOVE:

wc.jpg

Germany out!

Indeed, deservedly so.

They have not been very good this tournament and now gone out, and with France v Argentina in the next round the tournament is opening up.

No one has been amazing this tournament, and with some luck or bad VAR call anyone could go all the way.

@bsmaff I was just thinking how open this world cup is. It really is there for the taking. At least I was thinking that until I saw @mvs2k9 's post now my mind has wandered :LOL:

France vs Denmark's boring match this WC except this girl :LOVE:

wc.jpg

I think the Swedish babes have been the most beautiful ones so far.
I thought Russian ones were going to be the hottest but yeah... Swedish girls got me.

Indeed, deservedly so.

They have not been very good this tournament and now gone out, and with France v Argentina in the next round the tournament is opening up.

No one has been amazing this tournament, and with some luck or bad VAR call anyone could go all the way.

I was totally in favour of VAR until Argentina V Nigeria.
When you experience it first hand, you realise it does bring justice (to a degree) but it also kills the spirit of the sport.

Problem with VAR (except it exist att all of course) is that it takes away refs actually calling some calls,because they've been give certain orders etc,or decisions are taken for them.
Which makes their role very strange.
Just look at the game we (Sweden) played Vs Mexico,the ref didn't call a pen,then he got the info from the VAR room to check chicharitos handball,and it's a clear penalty,no doubt in my mind all,ref override VAR and says no pen.
Why?
Because he's pissed of that he's first instinct got questioned by them?

Then he decides to give a very soft penalty in the second half instead
Everything things is so unclear with this system
Use it for suspending or clearing players that got red cards instead.
And if a clear penalty is called by VAR,it should be a pen.
I hate this.
And @Chuny Swedish girls are always top of the league

Germany out of group stage => WC Champions curse continue ...
That's deserved result, Germany played so worst in every game this WC. Everybody always said Germany comeback after late winning vs Sweden but I don't think so when see lineup this match vs Korea Repbulic: Özil & Khedira start, Müller & Gómez in the bench. Success of generation in this team in the end and we want new generation with Kimmich, Süle, Goretzka, Brandt, Werner and Sané ....

Uruguay vs Portugal also interesting match in RO16 beside France vs Argentine, maybe have more red card imo :D. And today Belgium & England will be fighting for ... 2nd place in group stage because one of Switzerland, Sweden, England, Belgium, Colombia, Japan or Senegal will be in the semi-finals of the World Cup. (2nd place in England & Belgium's group will be in this part of the draw & the winner of Colombia/Senegal/Japan). And other part so fuck off: QF1 between winners of Uruguay/Portugal vs France/Argentina. And winner of this QF1 fighting Brazil (maybe) in semi-final :SHOCK:. Now England want to be 2nd place in group G :PP

@mvs2k9 It certainly looked the worst Germany side in many years. Leaving Sane out of the squad now looks an even worse decision than it did at the time. The England team say they want to keep momentum by winning tonight but you're right 2nd is the place to be. But then again this is England so we're just as likely to go out to Japan should it be them :LOL:

Germany out of group stage => WC Champions curse continue ...
That's deserved result, Germany played so worst in every game this WC. Everybody always said Germany comeback after late winning vs Sweden but I don't think so when see lineup this match vs Korea Repbulic: Özil & Khedira start, Müller & Gómez in the bench. Success of generation in this team in the end and we want new generation with Kimmich, Süle, Goretzka, Brandt, Werner and Sané ....

Uruguay vs Portugal also interesting match in RO16 beside France vs Argentine, maybe have more red card imo :D. And today Belgium & England will be fighting for ... 2nd place in group stage because one of Switzerland, Sweden, England, Belgium, Colombia, Japan or Senegal will be in the semi-finals of the World Cup. (2nd place in England & Belgium's group will be in this part of the draw & the winner of Colombia/Senegal/Japan). And other part so fuck off: QF1 between winners of Uruguay/Portugal vs France/Argentina. And winner of this QF1 fighting Brazil (maybe) in semi-final :SHOCK:. Now England want to be 2nd place in group G :PP

I agree. In fact, one of my first posts in this very same thread was about not believing Löw left Sané out of the squad. That was a poor decision.
What do you and other germans say right now? Do you want your coach to continue or do you think you need a change?.

I must confess I was a liiiiiittle glad to see Germany out like this. Because for once they won't get the chance to beat us and kick us out of the WC.
(At least it will be France now :P)

There is no way any team should be in a position where they can pick and choose who they will play in the next round. I think the second round draw should be random.

A random draw would make it more interesting but at the same time, it makes for a likelihood of repeat matches coming earlier than they would in the current system.

B......o.......t.......h s.....i.........d.......e......s t.......r.........y.......i.........n.........g t...........o f........i..........n..........i.........s..........h s.........e.............c..........o..........n...........d?

Did you have more fun reading this or watching the first half of what was supposed to be one of the best matches of the group stage?

Last edited:
Well a lot of people wanted second place but that means Colombia now. Will be very tough.

There is no way any team should be in a position where they can pick and choose who they will play in the next round. I think the second round draw should be random.

A random draw would make it more interesting but at the same time, it makes for a likelihood of repeat matches coming earlier than they would in the current system.

What they could do is do the draw as now in that two groups will match up in the first knockout stage but do not draw which team is which until after the group stage is done. So you'd have England/Belgium v Colombia/Japan but they'd be drawn out to see which plays which

This is first time fair play point used to decide standing of teams in group stage & Japan so lucky but deserved it? Someone say yes also someone say no especially when Japan play in last 10 minutes this match anyone see Japan players always pass & pass each other in half of yard. Poland not attack because this team knocked out & Japan too (exactly don't want attack) because if conceded one more goal Japan gone home. Mark Lawrenson said "It was a farce, absolute farce" to Fifa rules in his tweeter but I think that's rules of tournament every teams know it & Senegal too. Yeah it's unacceptable if your team knocked out with this rule, instead of this anyone want flip coin to decide ranking of teams? That's gamble.

I want random draw in next round look like UCL & UEL, why always 1A/2B; 1B/2A ... why not 1A/2H or 1B/2F etc. After finish group stage tournament we have one day-off Fifa easily can draw again, it isn't make more time. And after RO16, quarter-finals finished we still draw again, maybe extend day-off for traveling between teams (only 2nd place teams in group stage with RO16 situation) but i think it isn't problem.

And about Germany I think if Löw still coach, he need big change, some players look like Özil, Khedira, Müller, Boateng, Hummels, Neuer, Gómez, Kroos can say goodbye if they feel can't help this team. I don't see no one in this list play good with their inform at this WC, Kroos scored "important goal" vs Sweden but his performance all match so terrible. They said "We'll be back stronger" but i don't think so :D. I really like Germany team in Confederations Cup 2017 : very young & talents. We need next generation Joachim Löw :RANT:

This is first time fair play point used to decide standing of teams in group stage & Japan so lucky but deserved it? Someone say yes also someone say no especially when Japan play in last 10 minutes this match anyone see Japan players always pass & pass each other in half of yard. Poland not attack because this team knocked out & Japan too (exactly don't want attack) because if conceded one more goal Japan gone home. Mark Lawrenson said "It was a farce, absolute farce" to Fifa rules in his tweeter but I think that's rules of tournament every teams know it & Senegal too. Yeah it's unacceptable if your team knocked out with this rule, instead of this anyone want flip coin to decide ranking of teams? That's gamble.

I want random draw in next round look like UCL & UEL, why always 1A/2B; 1B/2A ... why not 1A/2H or 1B/2F etc. After finish group stage tournament we have one day-off Fifa easily can draw again, it isn't make more time. And after RO16, quarter-finals finished we still draw again, maybe extend day-off for traveling between teams (only 2nd place teams in group stage with RO16 situation) but i think it isn't problem.

And about Germany I think if Löw still coach, he need big change, some players look like Özil, Khedira, Müller, Boateng, Hummels, Neuer, Gómez, Kroos can say goodbye if they feel can't help this team. I don't see no one in this list play good with their inform at this WC, Kroos scored "important goal" vs Sweden but his performance all match so terrible. They said "We'll be back stronger" but i don't think so :D. I really like Germany team in Confederations Cup 2017 : very young & talents. We need next generation Joachim Löw :RANT:

I agree with the draws..
After the group stage the group winners should play a runner up but be random..
Then in Quarters and Semi's then just do a normal out the hat FA Cup draw.

But FIFA does not want this, as they just like everything seeded and everything kind of planted to make sure the right teams always go through.

Personally I think from the very start all 32 teams should be in a hat and drawn at random, if Brazil, France, Germany and Argentina are in the same group so be it.. Everyone got to the WC so everyone should have an equal chance of getting out the group, rather than POT A, B, C, D depending on your seeding and world ranking.

Back
Top Bottom