Russia World Cup 2018 Thread

Totally agree, why should it be seeded, same with qualification too. The world rankings are a joke anyway. Poland 8th, yeah right.

Great game, lots of drama at this world cup so far and two excellent goals. How you can leave Aguero on the bench I don't know. You would think along with Dybala like you say, you have to give Messi some players to play with that are actually on his wavelength, who he can do 1-2's with or slip in a through ball. Pogba turned up and Mbappe, wow, unbelievable pace, going to be some player.

Cristian Pavón so **** and the man replace him is Meza not better anymore :CONF:while Dybala on the bench :CONFUSE:. Argentina played better when Agüero coming but it's very late, Agüero should in start or at least play when 2nd half begin. Now if Messi retires in national team Dybala will be new no.10, Icardi's main striker, real no.9 right now - no doubt ( replace great striker Higuaín :LOL:), Lautaro Martínez's sub for Icardi ( we'll see him in next season for Inter), Ezequiel Barco's new winger & Santiago Ascacibar's new CDM ( replace Mascherano)

well..
Dg9ON2qWAAENEW-.jpg

@Chuny Well, yeah fair enough, not if you are from either of the countries that lost, but entertainment wise for the neutral they were really enjoyable games

Another overpaid, boring, star-packed blob of a team gets slain. Even if it wasn't nice or stylish, I can always appreciate this.

So Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia or England will be in the final. That would have sounded so crazy pre tournament.

So Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Colombia or England will be in the final. That would have sounded so crazy pre tournament.

I think Belgium has more fire-power than England!

Another overpaid, boring, star-packed blob of a team gets slain. Even if it wasn't nice or stylish, I can always appreciate this.

Yes. After Russia brought out 11 goalkeepers. They learned it after Uruguay that they are hardly a top team in this competition. But they will more likely to "play" again against Croatia which will cause probably their elimination.

Btw...a yellow card? Really for that pen?

Gutted for Denmark. I actually cheered when Schmeichel saved the penalty in extra time.

Cristian Pavón so **** and the man replace him is Meza not better anymore :CONF:while Dybala on the bench :CONFUSE:. Argentina played better when Agüero coming but it's very late, Agüero should in start or at least play when 2nd half begin. Now if Messi retires in national team Dybala will be new no.10, Icardi's main striker, real no.9 right now - no doubt ( replace great striker Higuaín :LOL:), Lautaro Martínez's sub for Icardi ( we'll see him in next season for Inter), Ezequiel Barco's new winger & Santiago Ascacibar's new CDM ( replace Mascherano)

Meza is a hell of a player.
Sampaoli always played him in the wrong positions (because he moves freely across the pitch, starting from right to center, moving behind the strikers). Plus, he was obviously limited by the context in which he had to play during each match. Argentina was its own enemy, dynamiting players self confidence week after week.

Icardi-Lautaro Martinez
Dybala-Meza
Tagliafico.

Those players will be the future hope for us. Build a TEAM from there. That's all we have.

True as ever @mattmid , mate, but 22 players against 11 is easy peasy compared to playing against the host nation and all of FIFA. Ramos and Pique are no angels, but that was a suplex duplex wrestling move by the Russians and the VAR committee said: no foul.

FIFA, UEFA, VAR. :R1:R1:R1:R1:R1:R1:R1:R1

Back
Top Bottom