Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band 2

I'll get the Franz Ferdinand ones, won't be getting Smooth Criminal or that Allman Bros video one though.

Lego Rockband article i found

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are joining forces with the LEGO Group, Harmonix and MTV Games to make LEGO Rock Band. I hope you can remember that list of companies - I think we'll use it as inspiration for our next competition question!

The game, which will allow players to "Build a Band and Rock the Universe", and will be released on he Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii. There are also plans for a Nintendo DS version.

LEGO Rock Band combines the multiplayer music experience of Rock Band® with the fun, customization and humour of the LEGO videogame franchise packed with brilliant chart-topping songs and classic favourites suitable for younger audiences, including:

Blur: 'Song 2'
Carl Douglas: 'Kung Fu Fighting'
Europe: 'The Final Countdown'
Good Charlotte: 'Boys and Girls'
Pink: 'So What'

The game will feature some crazy LEGO-created venues, and you will be able to 'build' your band with custom minifigures.

Existing Rock Band gamers will be pleased to learn that LEGO Rock Band supports Rock Band instruments, as well as other music game controllers.

"LEGO Rock Band combines two compelling properties and creates an experience that family members of all ages will enjoy playing together as a group," said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. "Harmonix and MTV Games are the world experts in music gameplay, and we're genuinely thrilled to bring the unique and humour-filled LEGO experience to their Rock Band universe."

"We’re thrilled to offer another LEGO branded gaming experience that will deliver humorous and social play for families and friends," said Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, Vice President, the LEGO Group. "LEGO Rock Band is built around the same values of imagination and family-friendly creative role play that is present in other LEGO videogames. It will deliver innovative new elements of game play that complement the fun of the Rock Band experience."

PINK!?!

Jesus christ! Tim will cum in his pants when he sees that

what a load of shite

Nah I don't like pink. Good Charlotte should be good, plus the others on that list.

The Lego thing isn't an April Fools joke then? I remember reading about it around then.

God help us.

beatlesguitars.jpg

Harmonix and MTV today announce two new Beatles-themed guitar controllers going on sale when The Beatles: Rock Band hits stores in September - the Rickenbacker 325 and Gretsch Duo Jet.

The Rickenbacker 325 and Gretsch Duo Jet are a pair of full-bodied, classic guitars used extensively by John Lennon and George Harrison throughout their careers. The Rickenbacker was actually one of my suggestions for a Beatles guitar controller back when the box set was first announced, while I figured the Gretsch Duo Jet was a bit too obscure a name to appeal to the more mainstream fans. Goes to show what I know.

Both guitars should be available for purchase when The Beatles: Rock Band launches on September 9th, retailing for $99, €99.99, or £89.99 depending on where your store is located. This brings the price tag for the true Beatles Rock Band experience up to $450, and that's not counting extra microphones. I'll probably just use the instruments I've already purchased plus Rickenbacker for flavor.

£89.99 for two guitars?! I'll pass, even though they look very smart, it's just a complete ripoff.

I'm sure PBoreham will like this:

MTV and Harmonix are working on Pearl Jam Live: Rock Band, due out in 2010, with platforms yet to be announced.

There's no official word on what form the game will take, but the name and updates on the band's official website suggest it will be along similar lines to AC/DC Live: Rock Band.

That website update invites the band's fans to download a Rhapsody widget and listen to various live recordings.

The versions that get the most play will be deemed the best and then considered for the game's set list.

We've already seen two Beatles: Rock Band-themed guitar controllers: John Lennon's Rickenbacker 325 and George Harrison's Gretsch Duo Jet. Now, let's check out Paul McCartney's bass.

Sold in the Limited Edition Premium Bundle, this wireless Höfner bass controller is a large-scale replica of the bass Sir Paul McCartney played. The instrument, along with the other Beatles controllers, will be compatible with all versions of multi-platform The Beatles: Rock Band.

hofnerbass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Todays DLC:

HMX said:
Social Distortion - Bad Luck
Social Distortion - Ring of Fire
Social Distortion - Story of My Life
Disturbed - Stricken
Disturbed - Stupify
Steely Dan - Black Friday
Steely Dan - My Old School
Elvis Costello - Radio Radio

Rock Band: Pearl Jam Coming
The band's fan site spills the beans, and you get to pick the tracks.

Over on Pearl Jam's official site, the band is hosting a poll to ask Ten Club members (the band's official fan club) what songs they would like to see in the upcoming live "compilation" Rock Band game. The poll is sponsored by Rhapsody, and would-be voters need only need to listen to their favorite live tracks a bunch of times to get in the votes.

https://www.pearljam.com/content/pearl-jam-live-rockband-compilation-coming-next-year

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/981/981822p1.html

These news did make me wet as expected!! :LOL:

I'm away at the mo (Center Parcs!) so not got much in the way of internet connection, but I'll be back Evo-Webbing next week :))

DLC for next week is 6 tracks by Alice Cooper and 3 tracks from Taking Back Sunday, including Make Damn Sure :)).

The vast majority are locked at the start, do the band world tour and it unlocks them as you progress.

I think Rock Band has 50-odd songs and RB2 has around 85 on the disc I think? Also there's a code on the RB2 manual which gets you 20 free DLC tracks too.

Oh cool sounds good. I thought you may have to unlock them. Guess I should get cracking on GH: WT, RB and RB 2 then so me and my dad can rock out to more songs :LOL:

Don't forget there's a shitload to download from the Rock Band store as well.

MTV Games and Harmonix's Rock Band is getting a little heavier the week after E3, as the game's community 'zine has revealed that a dozen new Iron Maiden tracks will be released as downloadable content.

The Iron Maiden track pack brings 12 classic tracks and new live concert performances to Rock Band and Rock Band 2, all of which are master recordings. The live stuff is from Iron Maiden's tour documentary Flight 666, but it may be the old school metal tracks that are most drool-worthy to fans.

For the full list of Iron Maiden downloadables planned to arrive the week of June 9th, read on.

* Aces High (live)
* 2 Minutes to Midnight
* The Trooper
* Wasted Years
* The Number of the Beast
* Run to the Hills
* Can I Play With Madness
* The Clairvoyant
* Powerslave
* Fear of the Dark (live)
* Hallowed Be Thy Name (live)
* Iron Maiden (live)

Thanks to the many 'zine subscribers who sent this in! Really! Thanks.

Best. DLC. Week. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom