Retro Gaming (football and others)

Re: The Retro Gaming Thread

I agree with Rob on the challenge that old games give you.

The original Crash Bandicoot is fucking solid. No idea how I completed it as a kid cause I bloody can't now.

Re: The Retro Gaming Thread

YES!

I had it as a kid on some massive disk that came with a bunch of software with our first PC.

Never could get very far on it though.

Last edited:
I used to go down to the local video shop and play those arcade games (when someone finally got off) like Final Round, Toki, Double Dragon, Shadow Warriors. 40 cents a pop. Meanwhile dad was a couple of shops down putting on a bet. He'd come back with some hot chips and we'd hire an action film on VHS. Ah the memories :)

im 42 and have always been a gamer. pong, atari, commodore 64, you name it. installed a sega mega drive / genesis emulator on my pc and still play NBA live '95 and NHL 96 every now and then.

Cant compare it graphics wise of course but the gameplay of the NBA game is still pretty damn good.

My first footy game. Played this for hours >>> YouTube - Matchday spectrum 48k

Couldn't wait to get my hands on the sequel >>> YouTube - ZX Spectrum: Match Day 2

Loved this >>> YouTube - Footballer of the Year ZX Spectrum

I remeber this game as the first time I could edit team and player names, ability of players etc. Looked better on the C64 but only had a Spectrum :CRY: >>> YouTube - ZX SPECTRUM EMLYN HUGHES INTERNATIONAL SOCCER 1ST HALF

Oh the pleasure of a simpler time...

All of this.

My first ever football game was called World Cup, it actually came before Match Day and was for the Spectrum 16k machine. It was crap, obviously, but I loved it.

Did anyone ever play Michel Futbol Master?

And there was a championship manager game that me and my friend both owned (by coincidence) on an old Amstrad PC. It ran from a 5.25inch floppy disk. Old school - text would splash across your screen and you'd jump for joy when GOAL came up lol

Yep Golden Axe is comin back! Ive got it on MegaDrive with Mega Games 2 :) Golden Axe, Revenge Of Shinobi and Streets Of Rage :)

Super Skidmarks forgot about that game

What a dodgy title though :LOL:

Stu you don't know what you've missed.

I'd say people from about 27 have seen home gaming from its infancy.

Its mad how far it's gone when you've seen it all

Downloaded GP2 the other day.

It's still brilliant.

Just wish you could mod the DOSbox version, you need the full one to edit the cars and tracks and you can't install it properly on anything other than 95/98.

Back
Top Bottom