Retro Gaming (football and others)

Wasnt a big fan of Stunt Race FX like. It had a lot of Frame Rate issues.

Virtua Racing on the MegaDrive on the other hand was a pretty cool game I thought. Using SEGA's response to the FX Chip with the SEGA Virtual Processor that was in the Virtua Racing Cart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGQT_pzfs0&feature=related

I remember that game coming out and costing £70. Crazy days. Games are much better value than they were then, that's for sure.

And then there was the Neo Geo weighing in at £200 a game!

Full motion video as well

loved that and it was a big thing those days :LOL:

All three of those games were quality Coopz! Great memories of them.

Micro Machines was brilliant fun in multiplayer, I used to play it against my dad all the time and it was a blast!

Pete Sampras Tennis was one of my faves - I still remember the secret world tour game mode that would only be enabled randomly on startup - I would spend ages just resetting the console to try and access it, often to no avail :LOL:.

Some other classics I owned on MegaDrive:
Sonic 2 (was the first game I ever owned)
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
Super Hang On
Gunstar Heroes
Earthworm Jim

One of my uncles showed me an MS-DOS game when I was very young, that's probably what sparked my interest in gaming/computing, it was a point-and-click game called "Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders".
It was so difficult! You really had to think deeply and even read the manual to crack codes!

YouTube - Zak McKracken FM Towns longplay Part 1/8

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL: My Brothers used to take the piss out of me when I watched that "GamesMaster, how do i get past level 40958305" :P

Forgot about this thread..

The Desert Strike series were amazing back then.

I came across this site http://www.retrogamer.net/game-format/ brings back a lot of memories of games id forgotten.

Rampage, Tazmania on the master system and can anyone remember a arcade game called Snowbros?

I used to play this all the time when my dad used to take me to the pub with him, probably could have had another couple of pints if i hadn't been hammering his 10ps in to this :LOL:

YouTube - SNOW BROS ARCADE GAMEPLAY

This has to be the best loading tune on the Commodore 64.

Sanxion...Rob Hubbard at his best, especially between 2:50-4:10

I still play Road Rash every now and then. The game works perfectly on Windows 10.

Also, House of dead and House of dead 2 works great using emulators. Playin the Arcade machine versions, looks much better. And playing Earthworm Jim SE in Sega CD emlator (Win 95 version has issues).

And playing some of the games which are working on new pc:

Jazz Rabbit2
Fifa 2001 (Works without an issue).
Fifa 2002 (Made it work atlast on modern cpu. But glitches are making it cumbersome).
Fifa Wc 2002 (Didn't work, needed sone workouts. Now playin fine but stuttering because fps doesnt go above 53).

Edit: upscaling Window mode of old games that are limited to low gets rid og the stupid linear filters on LcD monitors on Non native res:

A lot of old games can look clear using this method. Just like how consoles upscales 720p to 1080p without looking that blur and sone pc games like Quantam Break (broken game but ..)

Back
Top Bottom