Retro Gaming (football and others)

Downloaded GP2 the other day.

It's still brilliant.

Just wish you could mod the DOSbox version, you need the full one to edit the cars and tracks and you can't install it properly on anything other than 95/98.

GP2 was amazing by far the best F1 game ever released.

Played this an absolute tonne on the Amiga too. Still download versions of it now and again, but nothing captures the magic of the original.

Yeah, I've found the same. Tried a few of the sequels and the anniversary edition but they are not as good as the original. A straight HD remake of the original would go down a treat.

The console that I have very fond memories of. The one that gave me the best gaming experience in my younger days. So many quality games. Countless hours. Sometimes even sleepless nights. Great memories. Nintendo's Family Computer. It shared Nintendo's games but I think the difference is that this came with a keyboard and could be used as a "computer", as in type in commands etc.

YouTube - Nintendo Family Computer (Famicom) / ファミリーコンピュータ (ファミコン)

A few games here

YouTube - Famicom 20th Anniversary Commemorative DVD

Used as a "computer"

YouTube - Nintendo Family Basic (Famicom Basic) Overview

Not sure any here know of this console, but it surely gave me the greatest nostalgia.

Seriously thinking of getting one for the sake of old times.

amazing how far we've come with games, roll on the next 10 or so years, god knows what lies in store next :D

As for games, anyone remember Fatal Racing (Whirlpool) ? epic game :D

Downloaded GP2 the other day.

It's still brilliant.

Just wish you could mod the DOSbox version, you need the full one to edit the cars and tracks and you can't install it properly on anything other than 95/98.

I have either GP2 or GP4 at home on PC DVD. Even bought a steering wheel for it but it was too buggy under Windows XP. Would randomly exit back to the desktop with no prior warning so I had to return my steering wheel :(

I have either GP2 or GP4 at home on PC DVD. Even bought a steering wheel for it but it was too buggy under Windows XP. Would randomly exit back to the desktop with no prior warning so I had to return my steering wheel :(
I think thats due to GP4 like.. I tried it with my XBox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel and Adapter and it does the same thing when you hit Brake and Acecllerate in quick succession.

I've put hundreds of hours into the original SNES Mariokart, and I didn't even own a SNES. I was round my mates playing it all the time.

As well as this....

YouTube - SNES Super Tennis

...and this (with the SuperFX chip!)...

YouTube - Classic SNES - Stunt Race FX Part 1

....Striker....

YouTube - STRIKER (INTRO - GAMEPLAY - SNES - SUPER FAMICOM - 1993) ★ ワールドサッカー

...and of course!

YouTube - SNES International Superstar Soccer Deluxe part1

Four player ISS Deluxe is up there with some of my best gaming experiences. We played that game for many years past its sell-by date.

Striker I remember very well lad. I played that a lot with friends back in the day. I had Striker 95 on PC as well.

Grand Prix 3 is a good compromise, basically GP2 with better graphics and a better driving model, but nowhere near as buggy or complicated to set up as GP4.

I tried the game last year after a few solid sessions of F1 2010 on the Xbox. Has some great stuff but you can tell that the graphics have come a long way. Was still a very fun game back in the day. Especially with different season mods you could use!

I tried the game last year after a few solid sessions of F1 2010 on the Xbox. Has some great stuff but you can tell that the graphics have come a long way. Was still a very fun game back in the day. Especially with different season mods you could use!

I still play GP4 alot even today, as you said there are loads of mods for the game and I normally play 1991.
I have virtually ever season though from 1986 to 2012.

I have tried F1 2010 and 2012 but although 2011 was a massive improvment it really annoys me when the computer seems like it is on rails for half the track and can take corners faster than you could ever imagine to take them, but then they also go at a snails pace through other parts.

I tried F1 2011 at the shop and the cars felt too different to me compared with 2010. F1 2010 was my first racing game in a long long time so I found it hard to do well on for a while and then didn't play much with PES taking up a lot of my gaming time last year. I eventually went back and continued my career mode and enjoyed it a lot more.

It's nice to indulge in nostalgia with the old racers and seasons but after a while the novelty wears off and I prefer to play something recent. I guess high def tv's have spoilt my eyes lol.

Back
Top Bottom