Request Patch to Remove Crowds - Fps performance-

I play in WIDE cam always have with a in cam setting of 9, in PES2008 WIDE cam, LOW looks like a PS1 games, in MED and HIGH in WIDE cam look not that much better, in fact PES6 looks sharper and kits clearer in WIDE than they do in PES2008.

The optimal thing to do is actually not remove the crowd, but replace it with some sort of 2d image/texture or something like that. Empty stadiums are horrible to play at, although i prefer that to sluggish and slow motion gameplay.

I really can't believe Konami always screw things like this. Remember PES6 also had a problem with jerky gameplay due to an antipiracy security code in their .exe. I remember having to download a no dvd patch to fix this problem, and finally been able to play with smooth flow.

I find it funny that I get better FPS in medium settings than low. For some reason on low, the game is capped at 30 fps, and when running at the cap, still looks choppy. On medium i get 45-60 depending on where I am on the pitch. God, what an awful game.

great it realy is better now i didnt turn hardware acceleration all the way cause its kinda i dont know kinda stupid without sound i just lowered it to basic acceleration and now finnaly i can play it the way i want it.

4 mjsmith2k mate in dxdiag go on sound and ull see hardware acceleration bar then do with it what u want cheers.all we have is hope PATCH PATCH PATCH

Alright mate, could you post a screen of your dxdiag so I can compare them. I'm running Vista btw.. anyone know where I am going wrong?

Thanks

dxdiagyz3.jpg

Here u go

Cheers. That's in XP. I have Vista and the dxdiag for DX10 doesn't give you those options... which is annoying. Hopefully this supposed patch Konami bring out will sort out all these game play issues.

WHy don't you disable sound in Konami ingame options at menu screen and see if it will increase game framerate in Vista?

Thanks, did that Dukelord, but it still didn't make a difference. However, my game appears to be running smoother today and I didn't change anything. Still get smoother gameplay in training mode but it is still playable in exhibition. Hopefully this forthcoming patch will sort this all out.

Its strange that people say its not a 'crowd issue' with the FPS... However my training mode always has 60fps which is nice and smooth on Medium settings. However go into an Exhibition and the FPS goes down to 30fps?

I'm getting FIFA 08 tomorrow.

actually im waiting for next year's fifa next gen to see if it can be compare to pes's next gen. if they do a good job with it i might be playing fifa till pes fix this game!

And I suppose pro evo 2008 gameplay is much better

u muppett!!!

Everyone get back on pes6 and tell Konami to stick there 08 up there arses

Come on guys, both have their negative points... it's just PES 2008 is more of a disappointment as you expect a lot more. However, you expect FIFA to be shite so anything better than shite is an improvement. FIFA is like a polished turd this year... still feels like the same old shite but with new tricks.

Got my game running really smooth now. Don't get any slowdowns or jutters. Only thing is I achieved this by reducing the resolution. I used LOD mixer released with the new kitserver, and reduced my resolution from 1280x800 to 720x480. A MASSIVE difference in gameplay. It actually feels like PES again, I can get into the game and the replays are really smooth I can actually bare to watch them to find out if I've been booked or not lol.

agree with skyblue game in empty stadium is nonsense, the only PATCH we need is that F***** CROWD from 3d to 2d, and there be no slowdowns anymore

(example in WIDE camera we see more crowd than in FAR camera, so the game on FAR camera is more more smooth 2example play in San Siro on FAR camera dont see the crowd and game is wery smooth but when U play on Santiago Bernabeu U see crowd and game SLOWDOWN in penalty area)

Last edited:
Got my game running really smooth now. Don't get any slowdowns or jutters. Only thing is I achieved this by reducing the resolution. I used LOD mixer released with the new kitserver, and reduced my resolution from 1280x800 to 720x480. A MASSIVE difference in gameplay. It actually feels like PES again, I can get into the game and the replays are really smooth I can actually bare to watch them to find out if I've been booked or not lol.
You can lower the resolution in the normal Settings.exe, and where did you get LOD mixer?

whats the aspect ratio for 720 x 480

whats the aspect ratio for 720 x 480

I have mine at 16:9. I have a widescreen laptop so any other resolutions apart from 1280x720 and 1280x800 look stretched.

My game also runs smooth on 1024x768 and the quality is a bit better but as I said it looks stretched.

These are screens of my dxdiag. There's no bar mate

Vista / DIrectX 10 do not use hardware acceleration for audio, hence the lack of audio acceleration bar :)

I noticed that the 3D crowds are more CPU intensive than VGA hungry. I have no reason why they are so CPU hungry though. Any ideas?

I think a Konami patch could fix this issue without removing the 3d crowds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom