Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

I had a bunch in Chupalosa. Always some smart ass thinking he's better than me. There are also a few side missions that involve duels I think.

I think the size is perfect. Its not big enough to bore me yet not small enough to think I'm reaching places quickly. Its just perfect for me.

About Duels, am I supposed to fire once? Because I end up firing a hell of a lot of bullets that when slow-mo is up it sounds like I fired from a machine gun...

I think the size is perfect. Its not big enough to bore me yet not small enough to think I'm reaching places quickly. Its just perfect for me.

About Duels, am I supposed to fire once? Because I end up firing a hell of a lot of bullets that when slow-mo is up it sounds like I fired from a machine gun...

I just go crazy when in a dual, let all the bullets go...does seem a bit over the top :LOL:

I always disarm them and shoot their hats off. It's funnier that way, and harder and you get more rewards. And you can take their gun after the duel, when they go away holding their injured hand and humilliated. Dead eye level 3 is so perfect for this.

My duels in Mexico have been all in chuparosa.

Played online lastnight for hours and it's great.I was having a right old ruck with a couple of dudes and i started to get the upper hand until some cunt shot me from the side, fucking Jaygrim! Dirty fucker, so i looked on the map and the shithouse rat had taken off looking for banditos so i followed the fucker, he goes into a saloon and i'm not kidding you he was killing ever thing inside there, women screaming getting shot down like dogs. I waited as lawmen went in to get shot by the Grim who was on the upstairs landing, i went around and climbed up onto the balcony and started to fire like hell at Grim who returned blazing murder, then as we were blazing away he tried to flank me and i shot that motherfucker straight through the napper! Pure wild bunch shit, grim shot me dead many times then we posseed up to go looking for jonney mendoza but he ain't got it yet, but jonney when you get it, you're gonna get it big time you little Shlaaaaaaag!:P

Played online lastnight for hours and it's great.I was having a right old ruck with a couple of dudes and i started to get the upper hand until some cunt shot me from the side, fucking Jaygrim! Dirty fucker, so i looked on the map and the shithouse rat had taken off looking for banditos so i followed the fucker, he goes into a saloon and i'm not kidding you he was killing ever thing inside there, women screaming getting shot down like dogs. I waited as lawmen went in to get shot by the Grim who was on the upstairs landing, i went around and climbed up onto the balcony and started to fire like hell at Grim who returned blazing murder, then as we were blazing away he tried to flank me and i shot that motherfucker straight through the napper! Pure wild bunch shit, grim shot me dead many times then we posseed up to go looking for jonney mendoza but he ain't got it yet, but jonney when you get it, you're gonna get it big time you little Shlaaaaaaag!:P

Hahaha it was funny, I've done all the gang hideouts now though.

Jonney has a bounty on his head before he even has the game :LOL:

haha quality. anyways i tried to get a copy down morrisons and their sold out. i will try GAME etc tomorrow. Which format do you guys play on? 360?

im getting it on the 360. add me on your xbox live. Are their any online coop modes?

haha quality. anyways i tried to get a copy down morrisons and their sold out. i will try GAME etc tomorrow. Which format do you guys play on? 360?

im getting it on the 360. add me on your xbox live. Are their any online coop modes?

Got it on on PS. Co op modes dlc next month. Get it on 360 though so I won't get any messages asking to pussy up with you. Tidy.

Rockstar has said it plans to produce more downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption following the release of the Outlaws to the End co-op pack in June.

"There will definitely be more DLC packs to follow, later this summer and into the fall," the developer said on its website.

"Some exciting things are planned - we'll be announcing info including release time frames and pricing on those in the coming months."

Apparently the devs are considering a variation on Free Roam mode that locks everyone to Expert-Aim - something requested by a number of players.

"Free Roam has been designed to serve as a wide open lobby experience with as few restrictions as possible so people could play they way they were used to in single player (be it casual, normal, or expert targeting)," the developer explained.

"That said, we always listen to feedback from our players and may be including this in a future update. If it does happen, please be advised it may take a while to create, code, properly test and implement - so may not be something you see until later this summer but we are looking into it and figuring out if we can make it happen."

We're told to expect more details on the free Outlaws to the End pack soon (although we already have some details and a screenshot). Check out our Red Dead Redemption review while you're at it.

You can just disarm the guy and get more honor and fame.

I always disarm them and shoot their hats off. It's funnier that way, and harder and you get more rewards. And you can take their gun after the duel, when they go away holding their injured hand and humilliated. Dead eye level 3 is so perfect for this.

My duels in Mexico have been all in chuparosa.

Its just not working for me. Every time I try disarming a bandit he ends up dead... :RANT:

Some info on how to duel :

it's always better to draw AFTER your opponent as it gives you more Dead Eye time (more accuracy) to place your shots. When it says 'DRAW!' on the screen your opponent is drawing his weapon, so draw as soon as you see this. You can draw first, but as I said it reduces Dead Eye time!

The two bars to the side are hard to incorporate fully into your duel but are pretty important if you want to be the best.
One bar is your opponents (red IIRC) and one is yours (blue) - The aim being to fill your meter up quicker than your opponent, as whoevers bar is fullest when Dead Eye runs out will shoot first (and usually win).

Filling the bar is done by placing shots. You may have noticed the target reticle pulses from large and red to small and white.
Red reticles are less accurate and fill your bar slower (often requiring the full 6 shots to kill) meaning sloppy shooting and a better chance for your opponent to end you.
White reticles are what you ideally want - they are deadly accurate and fill your bar like nobodies business, you can easily and consistantly finish duels with one shot (both lethally and non-lethally) so try and get the timing right to pin a whitey on his hide.

A little guide to respect ratings for individual/combo shots (1 being best possible):

1. Two shot (+200 respect IIRC) - First white reticle shot to opponents gunslinging hand (non-lethal disarm shot) second white reticle shot to opponents hat (non-lethal i-don't-like-your-headwear shot).

2. Two shot (+??? respect) - First white reticle shot to opponents gunslinging hand (non-lethal disarm shot) second white reticle shot to opponents head (lethal headshot).

>>> The above shots are very luck dependant. The second shot of the first combo (double non-lethal) often either misses their hat completely or smashes into their skull. The first disarms shots will unsettle your opponent and so they may move anatomy into your line of fire.

3. Single shot (+100 respect IIRC) - White reticle shot to opponents gunslinging hand (non-lethal disarm shot). Have fun lassoing them after the duel and dragging them behind your horse until they die!

4. Single shot (+100 respect IIRC) - White reticle shot to opponents head (lethal headshot). This can be hard as your barrel has a long way to climb before you can get your shot away.

5. Triple shot (+??? respect) - First shot (white or red reticle) to leg, second shot (white or red) to chest, third shot (white or red) to head.

6. Barrage shot (+??? respect) - All 6 shots (white or red reticle) placed up the opponents body, with 3 or so centre-mass. The 'n00b' tactic, pretty random whether you win or lose.

What are you trying to disarm...his eye's?
:JAY:
Some info on how to duel :

it's always better to draw AFTER your opponent as it gives you more Dead Eye time (more accuracy) to place your shots. When it says 'DRAW!' on the screen your opponent is drawing his weapon, so draw as soon as you see this. You can draw first, but as I said it reduces Dead Eye time!

The two bars to the side are hard to incorporate fully into your duel but are pretty important if you want to be the best.
One bar is your opponents (red IIRC) and one is yours (blue) - The aim being to fill your meter up quicker than your opponent, as whoevers bar is fullest when Dead Eye runs out will shoot first (and usually win).

Filling the bar is done by placing shots. You may have noticed the target reticle pulses from large and red to small and white.
Red reticles are less accurate and fill your bar slower (often requiring the full 6 shots to kill) meaning sloppy shooting and a better chance for your opponent to end you.
White reticles are what you ideally want - they are deadly accurate and fill your bar like nobodies business, you can easily and consistantly finish duels with one shot (both lethally and non-lethally) so try and get the timing right to pin a whitey on his hide.

A little guide to respect ratings for individual/combo shots (1 being best possible):

1. Two shot (+200 respect IIRC) - First white reticle shot to opponents gunslinging hand (non-lethal disarm shot) second white reticle shot to opponents hat (non-lethal i-don't-like-your-headwear shot).

2. Two shot (+??? respect) - First white reticle shot to opponents gunslinging hand (non-lethal disarm shot) second white reticle shot to opponents head (lethal headshot).

>>> The above shots are very luck dependant. The second shot of the first combo (double non-lethal) often either misses their hat completely or smashes into their skull. The first disarms shots will unsettle your opponent and so they may move anatomy into your line of fire.

3. Single shot (+100 respect IIRC) - White reticle shot to opponents gunslinging hand (non-lethal disarm shot). Have fun lassoing them after the duel and dragging them behind your horse until they die!

4. Single shot (+100 respect IIRC) - White reticle shot to opponents head (lethal headshot). This can be hard as your barrel has a long way to climb before you can get your shot away.

5. Triple shot (+??? respect) - First shot (white or red reticle) to leg, second shot (white or red) to chest, third shot (white or red) to head.

6. Barrage shot (+??? respect) - All 6 shots (white or red reticle) placed up the opponents body, with 3 or so centre-mass. The 'n00b' tactic, pretty random whether you win or lose.
Yep, that's me :SMUG:

Thanks for the tutorial there mate. I'll keep trying til I get it.

I was definitely #6 for a good while, too. Trying to be clever with it now though and getting killed more often.

I hate Mexico!!!!!!!!

I just got used to the US part and i could take shortcuts through the wilderness to save time and know where i'm going and now i try to take shortcuts in Mexico and nearly fall off cliffs!

The US section feels like home :LOL:

hey! am I nearly finish?
i just killed bill and when i kill dutchy then will the game be over...its dragging out i wanted to finish this before wc ffs

Back
Top Bottom