Pro Evo Old School Die-Hards ..................

Great balance and variety in PES5, imagine that game given the next gen makeover, animations, a few bugs fixed.....
That would be a brilliant game, i'd definitely buy it :).
dream away.....
Exactly, unfortunately it will probably never happen :(

Then I must be a PES 2009 Brothel Rob. ;0)
lol :P

I can see how some people would enjoy PES 09, but not to the extent you do to think it's the best, over PES3 and 5 (maybe 6, some people love that, I don't).
I see nothing in the PES09 gameplay that matches or betters PES5, and a hell of a lot that falls a long way short of it, the animations in PES5 were better, the only things PES09 has over it is graphics (as in when you take a screenshot, not when it's moving) and BAL (which is ruined by the AI).

You seem to see no faults in it, and if anyone says something they don't like about it you'll have a response implying that they don't like it because they don't know enough about football, which is rubbish.

PES5 was a great game too but let's not get too carried away by those memories. Back then, what PES5 made was a revolution and it blew us away with its quality. By the way, the post 'PES5 Problems & Gripes' in PESFAN had about 1300 posts.

By the time Konami made PES 2009 our expectations have been building due to the poor effort that is PES 2008 and also improving FIFA. PES 2009 did not blow us away and you can't be blown away every year.

FIFA is improving because it had a lot to improve. As far as PES is concerned, the bulk of the improvements have already been made. What is left for further versions are only tweaks and repairs. Of course, Konami can try innovating but just because they do not innovate should not mean they are making poor football games.

'Are you disappointed with PES 2009' and 'Does PES 2009 play a great game of football' are two independent questions. You can be disappointed with the game because there were not enough animations, the rosters were not updated, there are minor niggles, the menus are bad, the music is bad, the licenses are not there etc. Even I would have liked to see more.

If you ask me if PES 2009 plays a great game of football, I'd say YES. But if you ask me if I'm not disappointed, well not really. All I need is a superb football experience on the virtual pitch and PES 2009 gives me that.

Last edited:
That would be a brilliant game, i'd definitely buy it :).
Exactly, unfortunately it will probably never happen :(

lol :P

You seem to see no faults in it, and if anyone says something they don't like about it you'll have a response implying that they don't like it because they don't know enough about football, which is rubbish.

I see the faults mate but it stills plays and feels like real football. Nothing anyone says will make me change my mind as I know what I see and I know what I feel. Also I have playtested the game as much or more than probably anyone else on here Rob.

What I dont understand with you, is that you can appreciate PES 5 and it's mechanics which is the core of what Konami strive to achieve in all their games bar PES 2008, yet to say you prefer Fifa which comes from a completely different angle. You either understand pure footballing physics, or you dont. Flashy skills, beautiful animations, amazing presentation, and the ability to play with Coventry City will never convince me that Fifa feels and plays more realistic than PES, no matter how brightly it shines.

Piss poor shooting, floating ball physics, super scripted keepers and 11 players on the same team that play pretty much the same as the next man doesnt simulate football for me, no matter how good it looks.

But each to their own. But as mentioned previous, PES is the Footballers game of choice, and I couldnt agree more. And I think there is a reason for that.

Last edited:
31 here , been playing pro from day one too ! and i feel what you say . The way PES makes you feel is enough to make you think twice about staying home playing it or go shooting around a real ball with your friends like you do every week because it gives you satisfacton like you are playing for real ,Now when i say that im saying a lot because i would never swap a soccer game with my friends with anything. Fifa never gives me that feeling.

Last edited:
PES doesn't have that magic anymore either, that balance. That feeling that even near miss situations or 50/50 balls send u on an emptional rollercoaster ride cause u know how important every possesion is, let alone every goal.

We used to have 1-0 tight contests with like 4-5 shots on goal all ga,e in 1v1 mode on PES5.

Addictive.

we haven't gotten older, or over video games, I'm nearly 30...but PES has yet to recapture that magic.

FIFA never had it..FIFA09 doesn't come close to PES2009, let alone the magic of old.

Back
Top Bottom