* Pro Evo 2008 (XB360) First Impressions and Thoughts Thread *

Don't know what the rest of you think but I have sent a strongly worded letter to Konami to air my views you could all do the same - Probably won't make a difference.
I won't be satisfied until seabass has paid for my vision camera!

There is a note from Konami on one of their websites (the Japanese one I think, which is where PES2008 is made) and it says "we instantly delete emails that contain suggestions about our games", same applies for letters.

Complaints can be considered suggestions as well (e.g. "the player sometimes passes to the complete wrong man, it would be nice if they didn't" - suggestion, alert, delete).

But I sent letters to them every year from 2000 til 2003, I never got a response and none of the issues I raised have been addressed (such as, how come every other Japanese football game includes English lower-leagues even though nobody in Japan would care about that, and you don't despite the fact that your game is released in England?).

WENB is having a Q&A session with Seabass soon, but I'm guessing the questions will be along the lines of "why are you so great" and "no seriously, why are you so great". No offence to WENB, but everyone does the same, even the big magazines - purely because if they ask any serious questions that Seabass doesn't like, they won't be getting any screenshots the next year.

Last edited:
There is a note from Konami on one of their websites (the Japanese one I think, which is where PES2008 is made) and it says "we instantly delete emails that contain suggestions about our games", same applies for letters.

What a bunch of arrogant pricks. No wonder after 10 odd years the game is still immensely flawed.

I think it's to avoid legal issues. If someone said "you should make the boots shinier in PES2009" and then they went and did that, the guy could then go to court and say "I told them to do that, I demand money". Unfortunately, the same legal crap that killed off SWOS ("we demand money for using these names, let's call it licensing") is going to kill off PES ("we can't listen to you or you'll try and sue us").

I think it's to avoid legal issues. If someone said "you should make the boots shinier in PES2009" and then they went and did that, the guy could then go to court and say "I told them to do that, I demand money".

That can't be the reason. Many developers are happy to take feedback on board.

they don't care about customers around the world as simple as that.Bunch of Lazy bastards i hate them ,70 euros for this shit!!
No English stadium,before a league game we can't even choose the kits:roll:
well done konami :applause:

Its not what we was waiting for ok its funny to play but this is not Proevo, its fifproissevo for the masses! Mr. seabass has finished this series!That it was no more trust into Konami, after the unbelivable poor PES6 now this! i am asking myself is konami so stupid??? Has no one played this crap??? onlinegaming is desaster, lags and funny things like you shoot and same time the opponent has the ball running to your box! Thats perfect ballanced onlinegaming!
Poor very poor! But the best is Konami has no opponent in football, watch around! Fifa is crap.... not even 75% of what Konami did! Its better they do a game together!

Tackling is practically impossible. Every single time the ball goes to the opposition,I find my players no where near the ball at all,its like a major panic,and when you finally catch up with the player in posession,you press a like mad,and NOTHING happens!. players are literally ballet dancing around with ball and you have no chance of getting it back.

Another question:

Have you notice that there you can`t change the CAMERA ANGLE like old PRO's?

This game have no details...

My first impression is that i find myself disappointed by the game. I'm giving it time and playing all sorts of different teams, but i'm not warming to it.

It's far too fast for a start. The gameplay descends into a mess, too often for my liking - the ball pinging around amongst a ruck of players etc. There seems to be huge gaps that you can exploit and dribble almost all the way to the opponents box.

I'm just not feeling this game. IMO, it's a step back from PES6. Not a classic. I'm tempted to say this is the 'PES2 of the next gen.' I certainly feel a bit like i did when i first played PES2. I stopped playing that edition and played WE6FE exclusively.

Well personally I'm enjoying it. I don't think the game runs fast, I use a Sony HD LCD, I wonder if it depends what connection and TV you use? the editing mode is improved over PES6 even though it's not perfect, at least you can update transfers and team names again. The most annoying thing is the low frame rate on replays, although if you view in wide mode (the view I use in game) they look fine. It doesn't feel like a huge improvement over the last one and like most people I wish they would improve the master league mode (proper lower leagues, maybe the possibility of getting sacked as manager or job offers from other teams would be good) but at the end of the day it's the gameplay that counts and that's still top notch. I can fully understand why people are dissapointed because it's not everything it could have been but that shouldn't put fans off giving it a try :)

IN THE WIDE CAMERA:
I used to like changing the angle of the wide camera angle to 9.

Now in pes 2008 it´s impossible.

they probably have a 5-year plan for next gen pro evo.

if they really wanted to, i'm sure they could have produced a game this year that would have hit all the targets for year number 5. but why would they do this? they would struggle to make money after that point.

they are there to make money, by hook or by crook. the fact that they release a utter turd of a game is irrelevant. you have to ask is it an improvement on pes6, and it is...

next year it will be better again, but still crap. the following year it will be better, and maybe good, then the last year of the 360's lifespan, it will be nailed...

it makes sound business sense to do what they do, especially when they know it will still sell, regardless of how much it stinks.

Not that impressed. In possesion its ok, passing is ok, headers etc are fine, but when you shoot or make a high crossfield pass the ball zips like a rocket!

I was playing with Juve yesterday and Iquinta (sp?) hit a rocket shot along the ground that the keeper parried back to him i hit the shoot button again and he rocketed it back past the keeper along the ground so fast the camera couldnt catch up wit it! It was bloody ridiculous!

The keepers are pants too. Its just soooo arcadey its unreal, i have no idea what they have done but they have absoloutely crucified this franchise.

I just don't understand how they can sell this game at full price?!!

You have to do loads of editing etc to make it relevant to todays teams - it misses out one of the biggest leagues in the world -Bundesleague.

I'm not sure how it works but obviously they would need to spend shit loads on licenses? but they can't be bothered to?

Therefore they should sell the game at half price I reckon - its an incomplete game.

I haven't played it - First Pro Evo I haven't rushed out to get. But it just seems like a half arsed attempt - really lazy!!

I might buy it second hand in a couple of months if its a lot cheaper - but I'm really not fussed and that is a crying shame.

So excited about the next Gen especially for PES and they have let us down.

I am probably one of the few who like it, i have fifa, and really really like it, i have played around 160 odd ranked games in fifa, so i have played a bit, and i sometimes get extremely frustrated playing fifa, a hell of a lot of interceptions, and a through ball, is never a through ball, its always straight to the defender who is between you and the guy your trying to pass to, only occasionaly does it actually reach him. but dont get me wrong i love fifa, but it was very refreshing to play pes2008 and zip a through ball to the wing and have the guy just bomb on to the dead ball line and get a cross in. replays are pretty poor, agreed on that. dribbling is quite easy, personally i like that, as i have no real problems tackling other people when they dribble. i hear people sayin free kicks are terrible. i practiced them for 20 mins then in my very next game scored a swerving dipping belter with pirlo. my only real gripe is with the lag, it is absoloutly horrendous. makes it virtually unplayable online. apparently their working on a patch and are hopeful on getting it out asap.

just my opinion, everyones is different, but personally i really like it!

It's not the big step forward I hoped for, but I like it so far. Of course the editing side of the game is still not good enough...

a few people that actually like it, at last, too many grumpy arses on here who want to feel the wind in their hair whilst their virtual players are running :)

My impressions were that the game is way too fast, however with a little bit of tweaking this has done wonders to my enjoyment of the game. The proof (and i urge you all to do this), is to first play an exhibition match with England and France(Doesn't matter who you are)and watch the game speed. After 5 or so mins quit out and play an exhibition match with any 2 teams from "Other League C" (They should all be default players unless you have edited them, all the players stats are 70 in every category). Notice the difference in the speed of the game and how much more enjoyable it is (for me at least). Huge difference. The only problem is that it requires someone to tweak the enitre database of players and reduce their respective speeds by an equal factor. I wish that there was an easy way of doing this but am not optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom