* Pro Evo 2008 (XB360) First Impressions and Thoughts Thread *

why would they just show stills..if you had successfully modded pes 2008 youd be showing vids and shouting from the rooftops

EA have already released a patch for FIFA 08 that corrects many of the little problems fans were complaining about and they were by no means, big issues. Why the freak can't Konami listen to their fans for once and do something about correcting bugs???

Agreed, after playing fifa 08 with the update patch its gettin even closer to pes as an overall package,admited the control responses can be a knightmere, but all in all the gameplay has improved alot more fun to play.Fifa's strenghts are no doubt for single player manager mode were as on pes this year masterleauge to me has lost its appeal:( which is why fifa is going into my xbox more than pes at present.

Definatly think Konami need to revise there single player mode for next year

Multiplayer pes is awesome thou:mrgreen:

Agreed, after playing fifa 08 with the update patch its gettin even closer to pes as an overall package,admited the control responses can be a knightmere, but all in all the gameplay has improved alot more fun to play.Fifa's strenghts are no doubt for single player manager mode were as on pes this year masterleauge to me has lost its appeal:( which is why fifa is going into my xbox more than pes at present.

Agree completely.

:applause:

Played this a lot at the weekend over my brother-in-law's. Terrible game. Hardly any new features, gameplay is way too fast. I am so glad I didn't waste £40 this year. What a shambles.

well as far as PES2008 go, im still playign my all pacthed pes6 pc...still have a good time with it from time to time, specially with 300+ all 3d edited stadiums.
cant understand how come the game got that much worst in this new 2008 version, which i cant stand playing.

That’s what im doing I traded my 360 version in its crap! And im still playing my patched Pro Evo 6 on the PC ive all the stadiums, Banners, Chants and Fifa commentary installed. I fear the Pro Evolution series is seriously going downhill but if people keep buying it and saying its fantastic when its not they will put out the same crap next year. The speed of the game this year is ridiculous anyone who says its realistic has never played or watched a game its laughable.

Do you know what the patch EA released fixes by any chance mate? I've decided to get FIFA 08 on 360 and put up with some of the annoying things rather than get the shambles of a game that PES 2008 is. Plus I'm selling my PS3 tomorrow so I wont have PES6 anymore and I have to have 1 footie game. At least with FIFA I'll have plenty of teams to play with.

Just sold the pc version today for half the price, i reinstalled pes5 and pes3 and jesus, what games they still are. I am in love with playing real chelsea on pes5, real football out there, great moves nice ball physics. I dunno what went wrong with konami, but the old pes and the new fifa should be enough fun for another year.

Do you know what the patch EA released fixes by any chance mate? I've decided to get FIFA 08 on 360 and put up with some of the annoying things rather than get the shambles of a game that PES 2008 is. Plus I'm selling my PS3 tomorrow so I wont have PES6 anymore and I have to have 1 footie game. At least with FIFA I'll have plenty of teams to play with.

No 100% sure on the official changes but to me it feels more responsive than before the update and slightly faster,it needs a few games to get into thou before it gets fun to play, then once you have the hang of the slower gameplay than pes things start to fall in place,scored a nice passing goal yesterday excellant feeling of a gr8 goal as in pes:D

doubt very much it will be released today, the whole 19th thing was rubbish i think. someone made it up, it spread through the forums like wild fire, then konami denied ever having said anything about the 19th of november, all they have ever confirmed is that a ps3 patch is in the works to fix the slowdown and a few other things, and that basically this will be released when its released.

i myself thought the patch statement was dodgy to begin with, i hope im wrong, they never give specific dates for patches, they just confirm them, then release when they are ready, and im talking about all developers, not just konami. when have you ever heard a date given for a patch or update. never, to my knowledge. like i said, i hope im wrong, as i am desperate for it like everyone else, i just think it prob wont be until after the new year sometime.

Seriously, we should ALL get half our money back.

The online is just a piss take by seamen.

No patch by the end of the month and I'll be selling the game

I hate how easily you can square the ball for your player to finish it off in the open net. The number of times that happens is a joke.

Keep trying to enjoy this game - bought it on ps3 - sold at small profit. Now bought it on 360 from gamestation so shouldn't lose too much if get rid of it.

Something just feels wrong - in a desperate attempt to enjoy a pes game, in last few weeks iv'e bought pes3,4 and 5. They're all good with 5 probably the best for me.

What i've realised, after playing each of these, is that something is just wrong about this next gen version. Evrything feels laboured, ball too flat and heavy, and the players don't seem in synch with one another. Been playing pes5 with ajax the last few days (sneijder and pienaar bossing midfield) and the whole team is playing together - and the passing feels satisfying. In next gen it doesn't and all players seem to bunch around the opposition box.

Also, the players don't feel as unique as they used to and going back through those games, i've realised how much i hate the art direction of the next gen versions.

I don't think pes 2008 is rubbish, but it has none of the fairy dust the older ones do.

Back
Top Bottom