• WE7 (JAP)

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • WE 8LE

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters

SerieALegends

League 2
16 January 2011
I know this thread has been posted a few times but I want to do a poll to see where each game stands.A league table so to speak

the poll choices will be PES 1-13 but I have added a couple of WE games due to popularity

note ps2 games after pes 2008 will not be included in the poll

Last edited:
PES5. The complete football game.

PES2013 would have beaten it but the lack of league mode and other bad decisions means the game as a whole is rather poor.

I know PES 5 gets alot of love the only let down for me was the AI when attacking.The computer was not very dangerous going forward but as a 2 player game it was immense

my vote went to PES 3 the AI is very challenging,the challenge training mode,the hi res textures for stadiums ect overall a class game

thanks for voting get others to post if possible be interesting to see the final results not just first place but where others stack up and how 13 compares to the past

so far people really do think PES 13 is the best ever released

table so far

1-PES 13

2-PES 6

3-PES 5

4-PES 3

5-WE9LE

5-PES 10

thread had had 250 plus views only 36 voted come on lads takes 2 seconds to vote

Winning Eleven 10 = PES 6
Winning Eleven 4 (PS1) = ?
Winning Eleven 6 = PES (?)
Winning Eleven 7
Winning Eleven 7 1.5 (Final Evolution or International: There was an updated version of that one which was brilliant but I played it for only about 3 or 4 months before WE8 came)
Winning Eleven 8

pes 5 best package, pes 3 most innovative gameplay for its time.

pes6 most overrated game in the serie, where things started going seriosly wrong. arcade non sense for kids loving to score at will.

pes 2013 still does not come close to pes5/3 in terms of balance of gameplay, ball physics and ML fun.

If anyone would twitt J Murphy: pes 3 on the psn would be phenomenal. Almost 10 years have passed and i still play it from time to time. Just an amazing game which would deserve a proper editing community.

Last edited by a moderator:
i played a whole year (nearly everytime i had spare time) with Pes 6 alone, with my brother, with friends so...so i assume that is the best, but i also really loved ISS PES 2

imo pes6 is awful and i cant understand the hype it has, pes2013 is aite though, its the best pes since pes5. i vote pes5

for me, pc only:

pes3
pes4
pes6
pes5
pes2010
pes2009-pes2011

overall fun rating, no sim. rating or something
so far, id say 2013 is going to be placed between 010 and pes5

pes 5 best package, pes 3 most innovative gameplay for its time.

pes6 most overrated game in the serie, where things started going seriosly wrong. arcade non sense for kids loving to score at will.

pes 2013 still does not come close to pes5/3 in terms of balance of gameplay, ball physics and ML fun.

If anyone would twitt J Murphy: pes 3 on the psn would be phenomenal. Almost 10 years have passed and i still play it from time to time. Just an amazing game which would deserve a proper editing community.

Agree Im a big fan of pes 3 still I am more than half way through making a patch for it based on mid 90's serie A and other Europeans teams from the 90's

Like all versions of Pes it has some faults but overall for me despite it being 10 years old it plays amazing and the AI easily match PES 5/6 if not better.Just goes to show how far ahead the game was for its time

I voted for the PES5 because i was really addicted to it. It was the most fun playing this game offline and online.

I can't judge about PES13 now, maybe in a few month. From a gameplay point of view it has a lot more to offer then the old PS2 games. But will it be great and fun over the hole year like the old games? Not sure. Right now i can't play online (don't get a connection - strangely it works with every other game, no problem at all, it's just pes again), i can't play a league. So ML is all i have and i can't see me playing ML for a hole year. With PES5 everything worked fine and i played this game almost every day for the hole year.

I voted for the PES5 because i was really addicted to it. It was the most fun playing this game offline and online.

I can't judge about PES13 now, maybe in a few month. From a gameplay point of view it has a lot more to offer then the old PS2 games. But will it be great and fun over the hole year like the old games? Not sure. Right now i can't play online (don't get a connection - strangely it works with every other game, no problem at all, it's just pes again), i can't play a league. So ML is all i have and i can't see me playing ML for a hole year. With PES5 everything worked fine and i played this game almost every day for the hole year.

Much the same mate. I think out of all the PES games to date I had the most fun with PES5, both offline single player and local multiplayer with friends.

To be honest PES 1-5 were all great games in my opinion. I put a huge amount of time into each one and enjoyed them all immensely. It truly was the golden era, each game a strong all-round package.

That's why PES2013 cannot be considered on a par with the likes of PES5 for obvious reasons.

To be honest PES 1-5 were all great games in my opinion. I put a huge amount of time into each one and enjoyed them all immensely. It truly was the golden era, each game a strong all-round package.

truth.

I had best memories with pes 3-4 as I was abroad travelling when 5 and 6 were out so never played them much. Though I feel 3,4 were more fun than 5 which at time was bogged down by stop start nature due to ref and also it was harder to dribble and a slower game overall, more sim I guess. I think I preffere pes3 the most.

Memories:

PEs on PS1- This is where it all started at school with mates this game was ace, Ronaldo, Del Piero, Beckham etc...really great games on the PS1.

PES1 on ps2- Just finished school and started uni and bought this along with gta3 I think? Was one of greatest periods of my life, is that sad? My mate from across the road used to come over and wed play PES and GTA3 all day long, both addicitve.

PES2- an upgrade on Pes1 small improvements more teams

PES3- Here i think the game was tweaked a lot and much more fun. My 1st one on PC as well and I got all the mods for correct strips etc..Had 2 mates I used to play online 7 days per week as well..Was a great period in my life (sad?) again..Used to go to uni and coem home and play this with my mates online or offline..just was my social life basically.

PES4- As above not much changd from pes3.

PEs5,6- Never played PEs6 much at all really. 5 was more sim and slower and PES6 went opposite and was really OTT with shooting and running IMO when i tried it out a few years ago.

PES2008+..al pretty shocking IMO but pes 2013 seems good so far

PES1 on ps2- Just finished school and started uni and bought this along with gta3 I think? Was one of greatest periods of my life, is that sad? My mate from across the road used to come over and wed play PES and GTA3 all day long, both addicitve.

Nope. I feel the same. Lads nights playing PES were magical.

Much the same mate. I think out of all the PES games to date I had the most fun with PES5, both offline single player and local multiplayer with friends.

Yes, i feel the same. But we were much younger then :)) and life was easier somehow and we had so much more time to play this games. That's part of my good memories.

However i think with PES13 some of the old magic are coming back. It's brilliant sometimes but so much more complex then the old games. It's difficult, frustrating sometimes, you need a lot more concentration and it's ugly sometimes.

But Football is ugly sometimes too and the old games were almost never ugly. You could play the old games with ease because everything was simple (8 ways to go, not a lot of tricks, a very harmless attacking AI and so on). Of course it was easy to pick up and play but it always needed some time to master. But overall you could play the old games with ease. PES13 is some kind of hard work and maybe a little bit less fun at the beginning. But maybe once you truly mastered the game it will shine like the old ones? Thats what i hope.

When people vote pes6 are they talking about ps2 version or 360? Never played the ps2 version but the 360 was a bit of a mess. maybe that's why there is conflicting opinions?

Agree Im a big fan of pes 3 still I am more than half way through making a patch for it based on mid 90's serie A and other Europeans teams from the 90's

Like all versions of Pes it has some faults but overall for me despite it being 10 years old it plays amazing and the AI easily match PES 5/6 if not better.Just goes to show how far ahead the game was for its time

Great news!

On line pes 2013 feels like pes6, cutbacks, dribbling non sense, coast to coast, superfast players impossible to catch.

These days is all about impossibile controls, tricks, superstars dribblign etc. Back in the days you had to play football. Now is more like running and dribbling. It ha become a game for kids abusing each others on line, like every FPS.

But seeing this poll i am not surprised about the direction the game has taken, if the majority of people enjoy what i consider the worst pes game of its generation i guess it makes sense for konami to follow that kind of arcade experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
say whatever what you think about the game but you better stop insulting its fans. almost every game has its "lamers" playing the game with a kid attitude.

about those pes 13 votes, I think pes 12 would get them if this thread was posted last year, so it's not a matter of pes 6 vs pes 13 imo. pes 6 has fans of it who think that, if you don't play it like a noob (doing one-man slaloms, those unstoppable cutbacks etc), it's pretty much the most realistic & enjoyable game.. I'd give my vote to pes 5 if it wasn't for some irritating bugs in it or those obligatory dribbling animations (when turning 90 degrees) which take away from the player's movement freedom. pes 6 is easily the best for me or for a player who tries to play it in a realistic way.

Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution.

The best PES had to offer. So polished it's beyond belief KONAMI did that game!

AI both on offense and defense was ace. Goalkeepers brilliant. Individuality of teams visible clearly. Tactics did matter.

Ah nostalgia. The only thing which could be one of minuses is commentary in Korean and that game was released on Korean market only I believe (we got it later through modders).

Great game.

PES5 without a doubt.

If we had a chance to get that ai back and with modernized graphics, I'd be in heaven.

PES 5 penalty shootout was embarrassing fast-paced arcade crap without any atmosphere and suspense though... but then again it's the same kind of sh*te in the newer ones as well.

PES6 was close second. I never liked the shooting on it though... and with PES5 it was possible to play with more defensive-minded tactics. PES6 was a bit more arcadeish.

Pes 6 with Shollym Patch,Pes 11 with jenkey1002 Gameplay and some patches,Pes 13 with jenkey1002 Gamepla,Matt10 Edits and some Patches

and Games without Patches Pes 5, PES 6 and Pes 13

Back
Top Bottom