Votes: 87 21.9%
  • WE 9LE

Votes: 32 8.1%
  • WE7 (JAP)

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • WE 8LE

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters
if you look from some distance to your TV you'll realize it looks very clear and sharp like full hd, from a very far distance of course :D

man screw the graphics (I mean, I can't stand ps1 graphics but ps2 looks still good enough for me) I've just played pes 1 on pcsx2 emulator and the gameplay is just fucking awesome! cpu strength is very balanced and the ball physics felt so realistic to me. I'll also give pes 2 a try asap and decide which one is the best of the series. until then case closed for me! :D

yeh true i just tried mgs rising demo 5feet away from my 40 inch hdtv and it looked carp. I realised it was only 720p so i sat 10-12 feet back and it looked much better. Games have to be 1080p to play on my bed at 5 feet and look good.

As for those games we/my mates at school and me used to play them non stop. They defo were the turning point in soccer video games. 1st to bring a great realism with great fun and addictivenss and varied gameplay. And IMO progressed nicely over next few years until hit ps3.

But for me pes 2013 is up there and if not is the best to date. Not far from the fun on old pes so im happy again.

pes 13 is aite but for me it don't match the fun of pes 1 to 5 though (especially 3 and 5), id play these for like hours.. but pes13 i turn off after about 2 or 3 games, also on pes1 i remember the success rate of a through ball being ridiculously high.. maybe about 63% of through balls ended up being a goal, it was proper hard to defend them against your mates but CPU didn't know how to exploit it..

Wii Pes 9-13 beats Pes 3,5 and 6 in all departments plus it has Champions league.

Even if you don't count playmaker style!

ball physics, pace, the physicality of players, animations, keepers, overall balance, player individuality were great in the ps2 time. Now it is a shitty 1 dimensional run and gun flat game with some of the worst ball physics i have ever seen and scripting written all over it.

still pes3 is thousand years better than pes1 and pes 2.

not to mean any disrespect to you guys but pes 3's dribbling, running, passing, shooting animations just suck imo. they've always looked and felt very unrealistic to me. losing the possession due to something that you can do nothing about it was just frustrating. you guys rate it high as you don't see it an arcade/easy game but I never felt any freedom playing it (which is also why I hate FIFA of ps2 era). and the pace of players was just too fast also (same goes for the ball's velocity). they could even go end to end like in just two seconds (it might be due to playing the game on a widescreen though). I don't know about the ps2 version of it but on PC, I never liked that game after pes 5 & 6 came out.

the thing is, as long as I really enjoy playing a game, I just don't care about it being arcade or sim. the best game is the one I enjoy the most. simple as.

Last edited:
PES 3 did have some dodgy animations but it also has some that are much better than pes 6/5

the volley and header animations are better and have more variety on PES 3 dont forget the game is outdated but for its time it was miles ahead its the father of PES 5/6 and paved the way for them to be made if you look at the leap it made from PES 2.

One thing which I never understand is the AI in PES 3 at times is better than 5/6 the computer at times keeps the ball at the back for long periods passing it around before suddenly going on the attack for example things you just dont see on the other PS2 versions.

I kind of like the stiff control it has it makes it more difficult to pull things off I mean on PES 6 you can just run along side the area and curl it in all the time or skin the fullback cutting inside and shoot so easily the game opens up too much, In PES 3 you get only a few moments of space and you have to use it when you get the chance because It might not come again alot like real football.I also hate the way in PES 6 you can pull off a powerful shot at weird angles while standing still it just looks so stupid to me

dont get me wrong 5/6 are decent games but in the PS2 era for me nothing got close to the playability of 3

heres a list of things PES 3 does better overall inc the small things

1.nicer textures and colours

2.nicer details in stadium models and surroundings just look at old trafford with the cameramen at the sidelines for example and the crowd looks better more detailed

3.AI has more variety in attack not just random through balls from 50 yards like in pes 5 or chips into the box pes 6

4.Master League doesnt make you play the same teams over and over as much as 6 like chelsea in the league then chelsea in the cup back to back you can also re-set the draws for european competition if you draw teams from the same league ect as the draw is made a couple of weeks after the last game meaning u save it then load until you get a group with mixed teams

5.Master League Friendlys can be played home or away in preseason

6.there is a tranfer window at the start of the season the middle and the end just like real life

7.better sound in hitting the crossbar/post its more of a THWACK than pes 6's DONK metal noise

8.fast players do not overpower the game like Henry unless in very clear space wont skin ppl alive everytime

9.Sounds great when you score (not inc pc patches in 6 i mean straight out of the game box) lets off a roar

10.no empty stadiums in master league unless you are doing really really poor

11.nets dont throw the ball back out after scoring unless and
very rare u blast it in max power then somtimes it might

12.volleys and headers give alot of variety and animations you no longer see they took them out

13.crosses are really difficult to pull of using the wrong foot you really notice average players struggling to get the ball in with the wrong foot

14.the computer when defending stays in position and the midfield hunts in packs some people dont like the way the game shuts you down so fast when in possesion but i prefer to be under pressure when i pass the ball

15.free kicks are as good as pes 5 meaning they can be scored at a good ratio

yes it has some big faults like all the games the goalkeepers can be poor on low shots, tricks dont have much effect the stepovers for example and as mentioned some animations are very stiff like the slide tackle also long shots are too difficult to get on target sometimes the ball goes wayy off goal and is annoying but the good points make it the best on PS2 for me

Last edited:
No1: Pes 5
No2: Pes 2011 Demo
No3: Pes 2013 Demo v1
No4: Pes 2008

Pes 5: For its era, was nearly perfect. Too many fouls,and perhaps fast gameplay speed were the only drawbacks.

2011 Demo: Best animation/ball physics/graphics. Realistic shooting depenting on player's body position, ball's distance from the foot, ball spin and direction. AI was a little bit dull though.

2013 Demo: Best gameplay. Freedom,variety in attacks. Clumpsy collisions and body physics plus weird ball physics was mainly the problems.

2008: A pes6 HD version.

For me pes 2010 is still my favorite, it still feels a bit like pes 6 but with better graphics, gameplay might be a little too fast imo, but it's still a good game.

No1: Pes 2010
No2: Pes 2011/2013 (can't decide between those 2)
No3: Pes 5/6
No4: Pes 2009

I didn't play pes 3, so i can't comment on it
Pes 2012 was just a bad joke.

Never played PES5, I honed my teeth on PES6 and I have a great deal of affection for that game. But I recently tried it again and it felt prehistoric compared to 2013 gameplay-wise. 2013 has it's faults too but it's still miles ahead IMO.

PES 6 for me. On the PC or PS2\XBOX. Not the 360 version.

So much so, that it is still my football game of choice today in 2013.

Hoping PES 2014 will change that with the revamp, but not overly optimistic.

In my opinion:

3Cltvwn.jpg

How can people vote for PES 2012 and 2013 over PES6 and PES5?

It's a FACT that PES5/WE9 and PES6 captured the essence and spirit of real football. You can't even put your finger on it what makes it so good... and say that "this made it" or "that made it". It's everywhere... the suspense, the game flow, the challenging (but fair) difficulty level...

I just installed PES56 back tonight (after playing PES 2014 for a while), installed the camera zoom (I use wide 900... PERFECT) and realized that they may never, ever make a better football game. So why even wait for something "new and revolutionary" when we already have those amazing games?

PS: When you use a wide camera angle PES6 doesn't even look that outdated. PES6 is a lot like NHL04 Rebuilt. It still has a HUGE following and will always have.

If I should be honest - none of them are the best for me - there are few games with their pros and cons and I constantly switch between them, because, if I should be honest, none of them satisfy me in a long run... At the moment it's PES 2010, but on other day it easily could be PES 5, PES 6 or PES 2014 - all on XBOX 360...

for me pes 2014 is a lot of fun on professional, it has the best animations by a mile, the draw back is that i never had single injury, no fouls during 3 straight games, that's wierd really, opponent hassle you off and just take the ball like nothing happened.

Pes 14 is better the older (exept pes6) but has more problems yet. I hope to fix them and to keep this gameplay

I have to say when it comes to 1 v 1 PES 5 is still the best for me. I still play competitions with my older brother using all the teams in my updated OF and we have some fantastic games. I think because we are just as good (or bad) as each other. So far we have played about 80 games in our competition and he has won around 41 and me around 39.

I wish we could still play this online on PS2, it is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom