Votes: 87 21.9%
  • WE 9LE

Votes: 32 8.1%
  • WE7 (JAP)

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • WE 8LE

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters
and with PES5 it was possible to play with more defensive-minded tactics. PES6 was a bit more arcadeish.

true can one play defensive minded in pes 2013 also? t seems to me its to easy to be beaten by amazing dribblers like messi or to lose out to through balls with fast attackers going on to them.

I played online with default master league team the other guy had crap deafualt team barre 3 players however this included Hulk and Bellamy.

I could not stop Hulk at through balls. He done a through ball and my defender wa 10yrds ahead of hulk, but hulk won the through ball due to his sheer pace and scored i could do nothing about it...

:YAWN: I can't understand poeple who vote for PES 2013...
The game has so much problems... idiotic A.I. , really bad GK, awful online and offline modes , lack of logic , and people vote for that pace of incomplete game ?
:CONFUSE:
I don't get it.. really.. that is insulting for all old masterpieces ...

Last edited:
The game has so much problems... idiotic A.I. , really bad GK, awful online and offline modes , lack of logic , and people vote for that pace of incomplete game ?

Graphics. Most people own HDTVs now and the great PES games look poor on them, which is a shame really because the gameplay and satisfaction that comes with those games is vastly superior. Not sure Konami will get there again in the HD era.

Agreed, it's nowhere near worthy of the accolade of best PES ever. For the best gameplay and all-round package it has to be something in the PES3-6 era.

Graphics. Most people own HDTVs now and the great PES games look poor on them, which is a shame really because the gameplay and satisfaction that comes with those games is vastly superior. Not sure Konami will get there again in the HD era.

Well the new patch for WE9LE with updated squads is gonna be released any day now, and it has added HD resolutions. (Full HD textures are coming soon, btw)

So there you go, the best of both worlds.
yU4NH.gif

pes 2013 is great why the hate i really really enjoy it but then again i aint played pes5/6 for ages. But when i tried pes2 on ps2 2 weeks ago the gameplay seemed kinda limited and overall the game was so old skool it actually felt eerie playing it. Like I was warped into some other world lol. Its scary playing old games its mad how much they have aged from sound to presentation etc....Felt dark and eerie playing pes2

Agreed, it's nowhere near worthy of the accolade of best PES ever. For the best gameplay and all-round package it has to be something in the PES3-6 era.

Yes, here we talk about the best PES ever ... not the best PES game for current generation . But i'm sure the big part of this who voted for PES 2013, simply have no idea of PES3-6 era, have no idea and not understood the quality of PES games in PS2 generation.
But.. anyway , every one has his opinion , wrong or right.. it's his

@Ipswich69 I have to agree , but look this :)
sansiro1.png
or
sansiro2.png

You can feel the atmosphere of only two pictures. In current gen all fell so... plastic.. so unnatural and far from what is real football atmosphere is .

Yes, here we talk about the best PES ever ... not the best PES game for current generation . But i'm sure the big part of this who voted for PES 2013, simply have no idea of PES3-6 era, have no idea and not understood the quality of PES games in PS2 generation.
But.. anyway , every one has his opinion , wrong or right.. it's his

@Ipswich69 I have to agree , but look this :)
sansiro1.png
or
sansiro2.png

You can feel the atmosphere of only two pictures. In current gen all fell so... plastic.. so unnatural and far from what is real football atmosphere is .
Which patch are you using? Thanks in advance.

WE9LE

There is no even a competition.

First let's discount the graphics here as it's not what is most important to a football game is it? Second, I would ask those who voted pes13, how many of them played older pes games as I don't think it's hard to guess that big chunk if this group are young gamers. It's exactly like one person said here. If the most recent pes was pes11 or pes12 it would still get most of these votes. The "magic" of new. I'm not saying pes123might not be the best out of next gen pes games but we're talking here about all pes games, and pes13 is not the best pes game. Simple as that.

OK now to the second place here. Pes6. This game's success is based solely on the online, it's populatiry, not on how good game it is. Add to it arcadeness of this game, which is that it's focus is high on the attack and you get where the popularity of this game is. The 2vs2 and the expansion of free pes6 servers is why pes 5 is not as popular. Had pes5 have those two things I would easily bet that the pes 5 would be todays pes 6 in terms of online popularity. Probably 8 out of 10 people if they hear that you can play pes5 online, but it's harder to find your competitor, while with pes6 there is gaming 24h a day, they will chose pes6, even if the game is worse in terms of football reality. That's the truth, and I found that out many times myself.

Now going to this place pes 5. This game's advantage over we9le is strictly based on the fact that pes5 was first game of this "series"and a mainstream edition, while we9le was very underground game so to speak. Second problem here was the online inability when the game came out. As we know pes 5 could be only played online on official server and free servers didn't come out soon. Since we9le wasexclusively Korean game, it could be played only if you lived in Korea (not exactly but I simplify here). Essentially what this means us that for 3 or 4 years there was no we9le online gaming whatsoever until turkmania released his beta of gameserver, and afterwards Juce with reddwarf did the same. But even that this game could not be played online you can still find threads from 2006 when people were in shock when they found this game (talking about the time when pes5 was the newest pes game in town). People couldn't believe how polished this game was and saw this game without a doubt a superior game than the first release of pes of that year which was pes 5. Even though this game was at first in Korean, even though it had Korean commentary, and even though it could not be played online whatsoever for gamers outside of Korea, it was still a big hit at the time FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE AWARE OF IT.

And this was exactly the reason why in the end the custom server for we9le was made, which is quite amazing considering how underground this game was.

Unfortunately by the time this game became playable online, it was too late. Most people who heard about it, either lost any interest in gaming itself, started families etc, or simply(more common reason) were simply not aware of it, like me, and I was die hard fan of this game, and I only found out this info by accident. But the point is, it was too late at this time. Had this server became available in may/june/july of 2006, you would have today we9leJ.net not pes6j.net

But that's how history works I guess, and how coincidences work.

Leaving history aside, why we9le, and not other pes game? The reason is simple, and it is almost the most repeatable reason for people who played/play we9le. The balance.

There is no second football game in human history, that was as advance(so to speak) and had as perfect balance between offense and defense as this game. I had countless players who came from pes6 community and played with me, and they were leaving the field without even couple decent chances on goal, simply because they were used to unrealistyc offensive-driven gameplay of pes6 (patches help, but they can't alter the core of the gameplay no matter how much you try), and when they came accross the realistic defensive mechanism of we9le, they found out, that dribbling, and playing 1-2 passes and RUN football, doesn't get you nowhere near the goal of we9le. You have to think, and pass, pass pass pass pass. Did I say you have to pass? I guess I did.

Ofcourse I could write here more detailed explanation, supported by arguments, but a) I won't be repeating what can be easily found on the web, and b) I simply don't have as much time or energy in repeating same things over and over again.

What I can say, is that if you voted pes5 in this thread, and you never heard or played we9le before, then do so as soon as possible. I guarantee that 9 out of 10 of you, once played we9le, will never play a single pes5 game again.

cheers
Luk

Last edited:
WE9LE...

For me, PES5 and WE9LE are more arcade compere with PES 6 and i will told you why ! First the shots in WE9 and PES 5 are to powerful, and the game is bit like ping pong,the ball to fast can fly from one penalty box to other, the passing is really strange is some reason. I think many people think that WE9LE or PES 5 are balanced because these games have a really responsive defense and you are quick and easy control your defenders, from that attacking game of your opponents become more complicated and difficult (maybe something like PES 2013 demo v.1 )
Existing thing I do not like in PES 5 and WE9LE is close control. Almost always there is no difference, if you press R2 or not, your player does the same animations, movements, side step, etc. also back drag. while in PES 6 is not so, there is a huge difference when using P2 and when you do not. But anyway , i will not to argue :) its your point we will respect it :)
And yeah, in PES 5 / WE9 has not 2 vs 2 online mode , and it's huge deal for PES 6 and pes6j.net ;) i'm playing only that mode since pes6j.net is online.

Last edited:
For me, PES5 and WE9LE are more arcade compere with PES 6 and i will told you why ! First the shots in WE9 and PES 5 are to powerful
I will take that you mean the long distance shots.

The shots should be powerful, as they are so in real world too. What shouldn't happen is allow you to make those powerful shots if you have organised midfield, and it's exactly the case in we9le. Allow me space in front of your penalty area and I will bombard your goal with long range shots, and if I have good long range shooters you will probably concede a goal in such a way.

, and the game is bit like ping pong,the ball to fast can fly from one penalty box to other, the passing is really strange is some reason.
This I have to say honestly, I have no idea why you say such things, as if we talk about ping pong games, this was term associated with pes6 not pes5. Pes5 was the game that was considered as slow and with lots of fouls, and pes6 was the exact opposite of that.

If I foul you all the time(and I can) in we9le, then how can it be ping pong game? If I condense the midfield and you won't have a quick passing options, then you can "ping pong" all you want and it will get you nowhere.

Existing thing I do not like in PES 5 and WE9LE is close control. Almost always there is no difference, if you press R2 or not, your player does the same animations, movements, side step, etc.
Incorrect (in terms of relation with R2 control)

pes6 is fun game, but calling we9le arcade, this would be the first time I hear anybody saying this game is arcade.

cheers
Luk

I will take that you mean the long distance shots.

The shots should be powerful, as they are so in real world too. What shouldn't happen is allow you to make those powerful shots if you have organised midfield, and it's exactly the case in we9le. Allow me space in front of your penalty area and I will bombard your goal with long range shots, and if I have good long range shooters you will probably concede a goal in such a way.
The shots are to powerful and to fast in PES5 , maybe in WE9LE they was fixed, yeah they was , but in PES 6 the variation of shots is much more and better for me .This balance once again talking about comes from the fact that PES 5 / WE9LE goalies are too good at times, even save and unsalvageable positions. Yeah , PES 6 is not shine with GKs.

This I have to say honestly, I have no idea why you say such things, as if we talk about ping pong games, this was term associated with pes6 not pes5. Pes5 was the game that was considered as slow and with lots of fouls, and pes6 was the exact opposite of that.

If I foul you all the time(and I can) in we9le, then how can it be ping pong game? If I condense the midfield and you won't have a quick passing options, then you can "ping pong" all you want and it will get you nowhere.

I mean the ball can fly to fast from one box to other, again like a shots, high balls or passing ball is to fast in PES5 and WE9LE , in some cases , normal pass with X is feel like through ball . And in PES 6 , if you try to passing , non stop with first touch , you will lose the speed of ball and accuracy of passing , in PES 5 and WE9LE you can lose the accuracy to some extent , but the speed of ball not so much .Players are passing ball as hard, as can reach the player to whom it is addressed, no matter the direction.

Incorrect (in terms of relation with R2 control)

pes6 is fun game, but calling we9le arcade, this would be the first time I hear anybody saying this game is arcade.

cheers
Luk

Come one dude :D its not inccorect , in PES 5 / WE9LE they do the same movements, the same animations ...
WE9LE____________vs__________PES 6
(Without R2)
47614731.gif
25783664.gif

WE9LE_________vs________PES 6
(with R2)
32230100.gif
96494924.gif
But I'm not here to convince you that E9LE bad game, I love this game, for me its one of the best PES/WE game for all time, but I agree it is better than PES 6, for many reasons :) and again I say one of them is 2 vs 2 ;)
If WE9LE was have 2 vs 2 online, it would be great because it is good game.

Last edited:
The shots are to powerful and to fast in PES5 , maybe in WE9LE they was fixed, yeah they was , but in PES 6 the variation of shots is much more and better for me.
In WE9LE you can do all sorts of shots. The difference is, that great, technical shots are so much harder to see, because the chances of making those shots is so much slimmer (like in real life). I can't say for power shots of pes5 as I played it long time ago, but I don't see issue with that in we9le.

This balance once again talking about comes from the fact that PES 5 / WE9LE goalies are too good at times, even save and unsalvageable positions. Yeah , PES 6 is not shine with GKs.
No. The balance comes from the fact, that you have to sweat like crazy to make a good goal scoring chance if you play against a skilled(in defence) player. This is balance. I had often games against very good players, that ended 0-0, with 1-2 shots on goal from both sides, because it was so hard to penetrate the opposite team.

The goalkeepers are outstanding in we9le, probably the best ai from all the series, but that is not the reason why the game is balanced.

I mean the ball can fly to fast from one box to other, again like a shots, high balls or passing ball is to fast in PES5 and WE9LE , in some cases , normal pass with X is feel like through ball . And in PES 6 , if you try to passing , non stop with first touch , you will lose the speed of ball and accuracy of passing , in PES 5 and WE9LE you can lose the accuracy to some extent , but the speed of ball not so much .Players are passing ball as hard, as can reach the player to whom it is addressed, no matter the direction.
Again, not true. WE9LE is all about timing, and many other things as well. It depends on the timing the pass is made, the body orientation, the opposite players positioning, and many other things. Granted, you cannot controll the speed of the pass, but this is not true, that players always pass with the strongest force.

Come one dude :D its not inccorect , in PES 5 / WE9LE they do the same movements, the same animations ...
You've said:
"Almost always there is no difference, if you press R2 or not, your player does the same animations, movements, side step, etc. also back drag."
I said incorect, because you implied R2 or not R2, it doesn't change nothing in terms of playing, and this is incorect.

If you meant only due to sidesteping then true. But certainly the fact, that the player movement is the same if you push side button with or without R2 is not such a big deal. In fact, people said that quick turning in pes6 is one of the main reasons why this game is so offense driven, as it makes dribbling way easier then it should be.

But I'm not here to convince you that E9LE bad game, I love this game, for me its one of the best PES/WE game for all time, but I agree it is better than PES 6, for many reasons :) and again I say one of them is 2 vs 2 ;)
If WE9LE was have 2 vs 2 online, it would be great because it is good game.
You're just proving my point (a bit) ;) 2 vs 2, popularity and server availablity should never be brought in this topic, but the fact you did just proves that people often prefer pes6, not because it has more realistic gameplay but because one of the reasons mentioned above.

I'm also not here to convince you WE9LE is bad game, quite the contrary ;) Joking aside though, I'm open to different opinions, but I had to disagree with you on the points about we9le that are not true, mainly the arcadeness of this game. Get WE9LE, and weplaywe patch, we can play couple games together (where are you from?) and then we can discuss it with some live expierience. I got often people convincing me about pes6 and how great it is, to have 180 degrees turn towards we9le when they played just couple matches. I didn't play for months, but I will do an exception ;)

cheers
Luk

The game speed in PES 6 is too fast. Can anyone suggest any mods?

Sorry for being off topic.

It's amazing how different games feel after drawing comparisons for a few days.

Been playing PES 2013 on the PC on pitchside cam before I switched to PES 6 PC with option files and gameplay patch. The thing I noticed instantly was the lack of 360 movement in PES 6, it really grated for a while. The adjustment was quite considerable. But, what it highlighted as plain as day, is the total imbalance of PES 2013 in terms of forward movement. I had become programmed to move forward with my first touch every time I passed the ball to a new player. And in kind, I had been programmed to expect the CPU to hit lightening fast counters.

It took me 8 games of adjustment to get my first win on PES 6! 8 games!?!

The other thing you notice where it's gone wrong with PES is the game balance. Next gen PES' are just SO imbalanced. Like I said, I had become programmed to not so much make space from standing players and move the ball backwards and across the pitch more, but rather to go forwards, forwards all the time. It's this frantic nature that needs changing for 2014. After a while even the 8 directions didn't seem so bad as the game more about strategy and learning to use slight adjustments on the stick to get the desired angles of passing.

The other thing that becomes crystal clear is the CPU build up play and attacking. Playing defence on PES 6 is just so enjoyable because you can cut space and it really becomes an in-game in itself. The CPU has much more of a real world appreciation of when it can burst into space, when it has to pass, when it has to stop and when it has to go back. The result is just much different ebbs and flows to the game. In one game, the CPU held the ball for around 60 seconds, this is just unheard of in next gen PES.

There are downsides though. The 8 way direction does begin to grate slightly when in tight space. There is still scripting there more so just after you score and particularly with headers from crosses and corners which your players just don't jump for.

I then went back to 2013 after a day on PES 6 and fk me, it was like I'd taken fifteen e pills. It was literally just fkin movement everywhere, all the time. Every player just not stopping, CPU insane pressure lol. Scripting was evident everywhere. Again, on Superstar I had been programmed to just out reflex the CPU in a game of fast fest.

I then went to play FIFA 13, and found that because I had just come from PES 6 the game was a piece of piss. In legendary I smashed Arsenal 5-1 by around the 75th minute before I switched it off. Also, it became apparent (only to confirm initial thoughts though) just how naff and lifeless FIFA is.

I guess my point is that although I can get satisfaction out of PES 2013 if played a certain way, there's no doubt that pound for pound the old PES games are still ahead of next gen offerings in so many ways, balance being the most important, but also player individuality, acceleration and speed, keepers, CPU possession. All this was on regular difficulty too! If they had just tweaked PES 6 here and there, by now, it would have been a masterpiece.

PES 2013 manual can be a really enjoyable experience which just gets totally ruined by the CPU's nature of not playing anything like a manual game. It's like the human has one set of world governing rules and the CPU are a bunch of cyborgs that instantly know when you haven't covered that section with your player in a nano-second.

The last point is that I've learned that to defend properly and to contain the CPU (slightly) on PES 2013 you have to be a master at jostling back and forth the human and CPU controlled players. By that I mean in any singular attack, you have to position your man manually, then switch away so that the CPU man is now tracking that player which you moved, then concentrate on another man you control in a different area of the pitch all the while running, controlling, sprinting, switching.....ahhhhhh. Tying to contain the CPU properly in 2013 is like trying to play Beethoven with one arm!

In PES 6, you have the control, it pays for you to control the main player all the time. The CPU responds as it should to your inputs with your controlled player and if you cut space and play defence well, you can contain the CPU. Where it's cleverer is that because it holds possession for longer patience is a key, and once you break the unit then it can take advantage, which it should do.

Roll on 2014 I say.

That is very sample: the next.
And next year we will say: the next.

And so on....

The one enjoyed most: PES5
The most recent i really enjoyed: PES2011

It's amazing how different games feel after drawing comparisons for a few days.

Been playing PES 2013 on the PC on pitchside cam before I switched to PES 6 PC with option files and gameplay patch. The thing I noticed instantly was the lack of 360 movement in PES 6, it really grated for a while. The adjustment was quite considerable. But, what it highlighted as plain as day, is the total imbalance of PES 2013 in terms of forward movement. I had become programmed to move forward with my first touch every time I passed the ball to a new player. And in kind, I had been programmed to expect the CPU to hit lightening fast counters.

It took me 8 games of adjustment to get my first win on PES 6! 8 games!?!

The other thing you notice where it's gone wrong with PES is the game balance. Next gen PES' are just SO imbalanced. Like I said, I had become programmed to not so much make space from standing players and move the ball backwards and across the pitch more, but rather to go forwards, forwards all the time. It's this frantic nature that needs changing for 2014. After a while even the 8 directions didn't seem so bad as the game more about strategy and learning to use slight adjustments on the stick to get the desired angles of passing.

The other thing that becomes crystal clear is the CPU build up play and attacking. Playing defence on PES 6 is just so enjoyable because you can cut space and it really becomes an in-game in itself. The CPU has much more of a real world appreciation of when it can burst into space, when it has to pass, when it has to stop and when it has to go back. The result is just much different ebbs and flows to the game. In one game, the CPU held the ball for around 60 seconds, this is just unheard of in next gen PES.

There are downsides though. The 8 way direction does begin to grate slightly when in tight space. There is still scripting there more so just after you score and particularly with headers from crosses and corners which your players just don't jump for.

I then went back to 2013 after a day on PES 6 and fk me, it was like I'd taken fifteen e pills. It was literally just fkin movement everywhere, all the time. Every player just not stopping, CPU insane pressure lol. Scripting was evident everywhere. Again, on Superstar I had been programmed to just out reflex the CPU in a game of fast fest.

I then went to play FIFA 13, and found that because I had just come from PES 6 the game was a piece of piss. In legendary I smashed Arsenal 5-1 by around the 75th minute before I switched it off. Also, it became apparent (only to confirm initial thoughts though) just how naff and lifeless FIFA is.

I guess my point is that although I can get satisfaction out of PES 2013 if played a certain way, there's no doubt that pound for pound the old PES games are still ahead of next gen offerings in so many ways, balance being the most important, but also player individuality, acceleration and speed, keepers, CPU possession. All this was on regular difficulty too! If they had just tweaked PES 6 here and there, by now, it would have been a masterpiece.

PES 2013 manual can be a really enjoyable experience which just gets totally ruined by the CPU's nature of not playing anything like a manual game. It's like the human has one set of world governing rules and the CPU are a bunch of cyborgs that instantly know when you haven't covered that section with your player in a nano-second.

The last point is that I've learned that to defend properly and to contain the CPU (slightly) on PES 2013 you have to be a master at jostling back and forth the human and CPU controlled players. By that I mean in any singular attack, you have to position your man manually, then switch away so that the CPU man is now tracking that player which you moved, then concentrate on another man you control in a different area of the pitch all the while running, controlling, sprinting, switching.....ahhhhhh. Tying to contain the CPU properly in 2013 is like trying to play Beethoven with one arm!

In PES 6, you have the control, it pays for you to control the main player all the time. The CPU responds as it should to your inputs with your controlled player and if you cut space and play defence well, you can contain the CPU. Where it's cleverer is that because it holds possession for longer patience is a key, and once you break the unit then it can take advantage, which it should do.

Roll on 2014 I say.

Interesting though I enjoy pes6 i found it much more arcade fest than pes5/we9, though I played pes6 moded for 1-2 years a few years back once I went on to we9le I couldnt go back to pes6. THough its been nearly 2 years since I stopped playing pes5 also as I moved onto FIFA11 etc.

I was lazy and could not find a recent pes only pes2 so I compared that to pes 2013 recently and a few gmes was enough to get me thankfully back on pes 2013.

FIFA 13 is shockingly 1 dimensional poor game but fun with humans.

Maybe pes2 is far worse than pes5/6. But I dont think the progressions changed that much from pes2 to pes5. Considering actually pes3 is probably the best?

tbh if Im playing vs humans I enjoy the next gen games and fifa 13 so would not dig out an old pes to play nor would my mates, especially younger mates.

If playing single player I have to admit I do enjoy pes 2013 a lot. I cant directly compare it to pes5/6 as they are not fresh in my memory so I will need to dig it out 1 day and have a proper review.

But IMO pes 2013 is a game that 2 months after release I can still play non stop for hours and against cpu, something I have not been able to do with a pes game since pes6 so it defo is doing something correct.

I agree it can be a bit forward oreintated especially the cpu and there through ball attacks and passing around and looking for and making gaps may not be as effective as pes5/6 but tbh i would need to test to see, its not that bad tbh.

rubbish

go back to an old PES and play it now after PES 2013.

they feel arcade like and too fast.

PES 2013 is stunning.

rubbish

go back to an old PES and play it now after PES 2013.

they feel arcade like and too fast.

PES 2013 is stunning.

yeh very very fast. After playing pes2 then pes 2013 seemed in slow motion. I had to put speed to +2 to feel normal.

Took about 1 week before I could go back to playing on 0 speed and not seem like game was in slomo.

I voted PES 2013.

I don't understand how anyone can go back to playing PES5/6/WE9LE these days... Yeah, WE9LE may be a nicely balanced and complete game, but the control is 8-directional and passing is completely assisted.

That just feels so archaic now, it confuses me as to why 360 degree control has only just been introduced to football games in the last 3/4 years, it's a massive feature.

Because the overall gameplay balance and deph perfected in we9le/pes6 outweights the benefits of manual controls/360 dribbling in pes 2013 for many people still.
In fact ps2 gen games also have got manual pass which very underrated by most players, bloody hard to master it tho as controls not very convenient

WE9LE

There is no even a competition.

First let's discount the graphics here as it's not what is most important to a football game is it? Second, I would ask those who voted pes13, how many of them played older pes games as I don't think it's hard to guess that big chunk if this group are young gamers. It's exactly like one person said here. If the most recent pes was pes11 or pes12 it would still get most of these votes. The "magic" of new. I'm not saying pes123might not be the best out of next gen pes games but we're talking here about all pes games, and pes13 is not the best pes game. Simple as that.

OK now to the second place here. Pes6. This game's success is based solely on the online, it's populatiry, not on how good game it is. Add to it arcadeness of this game, which is that it's focus is high on the attack and you get where the popularity of this game is. The 2vs2 and the expansion of free pes6 servers is why pes 5 is not as popular. Had pes5 have those two things I would easily bet that the pes 5 would be todays pes 6 in terms of online popularity. Probably 8 out of 10 people if they hear that you can play pes5 online, but it's harder to find your competitor, while with pes6 there is gaming 24h a day, they will chose pes6, even if the game is worse in terms of football reality. That's the truth, and I found that out many times myself.

Now going to this place pes 5. This game's advantage over we9le is strictly based on the fact that pes5 was first game of this "series"and a mainstream edition, while we9le was very underground game so to speak. Second problem here was the online inability when the game came out. As we know pes 5 could be only played online on official server and free servers didn't come out soon. Since we9le wasexclusively Korean game, it could be played only if you lived in Korea (not exactly but I simplify here). Essentially what this means us that for 3 or 4 years there was no we9le online gaming whatsoever until turkmania released his beta of gameserver, and afterwards Juce with reddwarf did the same. But even that this game could not be played online you can still find threads from 2006 when people were in shock when they found this game (talking about the time when pes5 was the newest pes game in town). People couldn't believe how polished this game was and saw this game without a doubt a superior game than the first release of pes of that year which was pes 5. Even though this game was at first in Korean, even though it had Korean commentary, and even though it could not be played online whatsoever for gamers outside of Korea, it was still a big hit at the time FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE AWARE OF IT.

And this was exactly the reason why in the end the custom server for we9le was made, which is quite amazing considering how underground this game was.

Unfortunately by the time this game became playable online, it was too late. Most people who heard about it, either lost any interest in gaming itself, started families etc, or simply(more common reason) were simply not aware of it, like me, and I was die hard fan of this game, and I only found out this info by accident. But the point is, it was too late at this time. Had this server became available in may/june/july of 2006, you would have today we9leJ.net not pes6j.net

But that's how history works I guess, and how coincidences work.

Leaving history aside, why we9le, and not other pes game? The reason is simple, and it is almost the most repeatable reason for people who played/play we9le. The balance.

There is no second football game in human history, that was as advance(so to speak) and had as perfect balance between offense and defense as this game. I had countless players who came from pes6 community and played with me, and they were leaving the field without even couple decent chances on goal, simply because they were used to unrealistyc offensive-driven gameplay of pes6 (patches help, but they can't alter the core of the gameplay no matter how much you try), and when they came accross the realistic defensive mechanism of we9le, they found out, that dribbling, and playing 1-2 passes and RUN football, doesn't get you nowhere near the goal of we9le. You have to think, and pass, pass pass pass pass. Did I say you have to pass? I guess I did.

Ofcourse I could write here more detailed explanation, supported by arguments, but a) I won't be repeating what can be easily found on the web, and b) I simply don't have as much time or energy in repeating same things over and over again.

What I can say, is that if you voted pes5 in this thread, and you never heard or played we9le before, then do so as soon as possible. I guarantee that 9 out of 10 of you, once played we9le, will never play a single pes5 game again.

cheers
Luk
where is there an updated patch with current players?

Back
Top Bottom