PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

I can only think of English based players (ie players from English clubs) eg Elvis Hammond (Fulham - RBC) and Youssef Sofiane (West Ham - Roda JC)

Professor Nutmeg said:
I can only think of English based players (ie players from English clubs) eg Elvis Hammond (Fulham - RBC) and Youssef Sofiane (West Ham - Roda JC)

Yes, or Sean Doherty of ADO Den Haag (ex Fulham) who is infact an Englishman.

Oh yes, I have seen the match of Hercles Stringer. That stupid german GK scored against my club :| ;)

GFK said:
Yes, or Sean Doherty of ADO Den Haag (ex Fulham) who is infact an Englishman.

Oh yes, I have seen the match of Hercles Stringer. That stupid german GK scored against my club :| ;)

Bit like Jimmy Glass as Dave Farrah pointed out on Eurogoals!

db

Here is the current Saints line up: -

GK Landreau (excellent), Niemi.

Def Glen Johnson, Chris Baird (Ex), Hietinga, Farenhorst (Ex), Lundekvam, Kompany, Hejduk, Chiellini.

MF Kosowski, Matt Le Tissier (I know), Walcott, Oakley, Svennson, O’Brien, Simons, Prutton.

FW Rooney, Pahars, Tavano, Kuyt.

I might have got one or two of those in the wrong position but that’s my current squad and we are sitting 2nd after 9 games. Won 5 drawn 2 lost one (to Portsmouth!!!!!!)

First game of the season was against Man U and after going 1 up through a Le Tissier penalty we concede a 25 yarder from Scholes.

Step up Rooney, after feeding the ball to Kosowski on the left wing Rooney turns and runs toward goal, Kosowski to Walcott who deftly flicks it into the path of Rooney who curls one from the edge of the 18 yard box past the outstretched glove of Van Der Sar.

Rooney goes to the crowd and kisses the Saints badge. It was almost “scripted” that he should get the winning goal!

Stringer i can't exactly remember names of English players, but now and then there is the odd English player in Holland...The only name i can remember is a long, long time ago (Bryan Hughes, later on he was a popular coach in Holland and Belgium).
In Belgium there was Mc Donald at Anderlecht in the 70's and later Liverpool's super sub Fiarclough in Beveren (but that was long ago too).

In my ML Standard had a very bad match against Anderlecht: 0-0 at home with a missed penalty by Conçeicao...a victory would have been a stolen one...this must have been the worst match ever played in PES (and that means something coming from me) with scarely shots on goal...lots of fouls...injuries and this against an Anderlecht team without Kompany, Vandenborre, Wilhelmsson, Zetterberg, Goor, Serhat Akin, Tihinen, Mbo Mpenza and Proto...shit match...
After that dismal performance something must have happened in the Standard dressing room because the much feared away match against Dynamo Kiev went relatively well...Standard were the better team throughout the match but once again they conceded a goal from a solitary counter from the ligthening fast Verpavkovkis....Striker Tchité who had not yet scored a single goal this season saw all his attempts stopped by the Kiev goalie..Deep in the second half Standard finally was able to equalise by Tchité's well deserved first goal...Result 1-1 (attempts on goal: 2 from Kiev and 21 by Standard)...

I have a question for the regulars of this thread. Earlier on i was reading a thread about online rankings, a thread full of bragging...which made me happy that i don't play online. But i have read somewhere in an interview with Seabass that Konami will have online ML on the next-gen consoles...If that would be possible would you guys consider playingan online ML???

Stan that will be hard to implement, online ML lol...will they do something like if you buy a player your the only one who can buy that player for example me buying Zidane and i'm the only person in the online ML to have him and it's up to me if i want to sell....or something like that lol.

It's a good idea, but i prefer to have ML as a one player game and have A ONLINE MODE....instead of putting the two together....but Konami should be able let you play with you ML team online...that would be a good idea.

But surely that's where the fun would be? Someone offering you money for your players, just like in the real world.

I think it'd be cool IMO.

Stringer Bell said:
Stan that will be hard to implement, online ML lol...will they do something like if you buy a player your the only one who can buy that player for example me buying Zidane and i'm the only person in the online ML to have him and it's up to me if i want to sell....or something like that lol.

In the interviaw with >Seabass that i mentioned in my post, he said that that was the problem Stringer...he talked about Rooney...he said that most of the online players would want to buy players like Zidane or Rooney...honestly i don't see the problem...It is very realistic if only one player can buy Rooney (a better buy than Zidane because Rooney is young)...And the real ML freaks don't give a damn about the big stars...there aren't many people over here who have the likes of Shevshenko, Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho (well you all know them) in their team...But anyway Seabass' team is workingon that "problem"...i personally would like to try it...i can imagine that a ML with the Nutmeg, Db, Stringer, FD, nerf,...would be a lot of fun...

Okay, if they do make ML online, lets just see how they would implement it. It's not a bad idea but it'll be a bit weird to know i am the only one in the world who's got Rooney and there will millions of people trying to buy him of me lol...also how about which team you pick, do you make up teams or not...well lets see in the future. But i think ML should be a one player game and there should be a option that lets you use your ML team ONLINE.

League A | Week 6
Shevchenko & Gilardino gave AC Milan 3 Points from Paris SG
gilardino9jt.jpg

Paris SG 0-3 AC Milan
Gilardino 46'
Shevcehnko 61', 90'

Gilardino start the goals in the 2nd half of the match
He crossed 2 defenders the scored a strong goal in the left of the goal keepers
After 15 minutes Gilardino assisted a long pass (triple o) to Shevchenko and Shevchenko Banged it to the goal.
In the lost time Maldini Assist a long paa to Shevchenko and shevcehnko scored a goal by acrobatics kick.

milani2xd.gif

Watch Shevcehnko 2nd Goal

Click here to Downlaod Shevcehnko Goal (1.27 MB)

cu1.gif

week 5
AC Milan 2-1 Sampdoria

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
Okay, if they do make ML online, lets just see how they would implement it. It's not a bad idea but it'll be a bit weird to know i am the only one in the world who's got Rooney and there will millions of people trying to buy him of me lol...also how about which team you pick, do you make up teams or not...well lets see in the future. But i think ML should be a one player game and there should be a option that lets you use your ML team ONLINE.

It wouldn't be millions it's be 20 just one league with 20 peeps in it. I guess anyway.

Of course it would only be a limited amount of people (never more than there are teams in PES/WE).

Stan said:
In my ML Standard had a very bad match against Anderlecht: 0-0 at home with a missed penalty by Conçeicao...a victory would have been a stolen one...this must have been the worst match ever played in PES (and that means something coming from me) with scarely shots on goal...lots of fouls...injuries and this against an Anderlecht team without Kompany, Vandenborre, Wilhelmsson, Zetterberg, Goor, Serhat Akin, Tihinen, Mbo Mpenza and Proto...shit match...
After that dismal performance something must have happened in the Standard dressing room because the much feared away match against Dynamo Kiev went relatively well...Standard were the better team throughout the match but once again they conceded a goal from a solitary counter from the ligthening fast Verpavkovkis....Striker Tchité who had not yet scored a single goal this season saw all his attempts stopped by the Kiev goalie..Deep in the second half Standard finally was able to equalise by Tchité's well deserved first goal...Result 1-1 (attempts on goal: 2 from Kiev and 21 by Standard)...
Hey Stan, quite a while since our last talk pal ;)

Anyways dude I have a small suggestion/tip u can call it maybe, dont take it wrong way at all but I would like to follow your ML stories just as much as the others but find it a bit hard to sometimes because of the way you structure your paragraphs or the lack of it :p. If you use less of this stuff like ............ and make more spaces between lines/paragraphs mate it's way easier on the eyes to follow long strings of lines and would make it for me personally a lot more enjoyable to follow your ML story! :)

Perhaps this is something I even should take into consideration myself though as I find I do that myself sometimes but anyways dont take it wrong way hopefully it'll just make it easier for all of us to read and follow :)

take care Gerd.

You're rigth PLF...i will give it a try (oops, the .... are there again).

Anyway, about Standard. Things are going better than last time.

First the bad news: Standard will certainly be eliminated in the Division I Cup. Lost their home match 0-2 against Dynamo Kieve. It would be a huge surprise if they would win 0-3 in Kiev.

In the competition things are going very good after two consecutive wins.

Standard - Panathinaikos 2-0 (Conçeicao and Tchité)
Standard - Ajax 2-1 (Anastasiou, Tchité and Moreira)

Standard is playing better since Afanou is playing as CB, Geeraerts as DMF, Barreto as CMF and Moreira as AMF. The inclusion of former Boavista and Hamburg player Morreira in a central position gave the team a real boost. Defensively Onyewu is beginning to be a big asset for the team aswell.

Last edited:

I thought i'd post my current squad.

All players are default match mode, unless otherwise stated.

SEASON 3 2007/2008

Goalkeepers

Bonano
Ardouin

Defenders

Oscar Téllez
Juanito
Nuno Morais (€3.9M Chelsea/Maritimo 2005 - 5 year contract)
Coromina
Póli
Sarriegi
Abel
Pellegrino

Midfielders

Edu Alonso
Astudillo
De Lucas
Wesley
Leandro B. (Free. Released, Sao Paolo 2006 - 4 year contract)
Lacen
Josico (Free. Released Villareal 2006 - 1 year contract)
Nene
E. Costa (€1.5M + trade, Espanyol 2007 - 3 year contract)

Forwards

Ruben Navarro
Bodipo
Mena
Antchouet
Jandro
Thiaw

Ex Players

Aloisi (Released)
Carpintero (Trade Espanyol)

By the end of this season it's likely to look a bit different.

Veteran keeper Bonano signed a 1 year extension for this season and at 37 years of age, it's likely to be his last.

In addition, 36 year old defender Pellegrino will be free at the end of this season, although he may choose to retire from football altogether.

Josico who was brought in on a free, on a 1 year contract last season, earnt himself another 1 year extension this season. But he may also look set to be released, if further cover is found.

Strikers Thiaw and Bodipo look increasingly surplus to requirements at the Mendizorroza, however the latter has featured this term.

Last edited:

3 Current Formations i use:

4-4-2

-----------GK

-------CB------CB
RB--------------------LB

-------DMF----DMF

AMF------------------SMF

-------CF------CF

4-2-1-2-1

-----------GK

-------CB------CB
RB--------------------LB

-------DMF----DMF

-----------AMF

---SS-------------WF

-----------CF

4-1-3-2

-----------GK

-------CB------CB
RB--------------------LB

-----------DMF

---AMF----AMF----AMF

-------CF------CF

Nice set-up Nutmeg.

Do you use the Stragety where you press :r1: & :x: or :square: or :triangle: or :circle: , to change formations during the game?

This a really good thing to use guys...i just use three different formations. One is a default, the other is a attacking one when i need to get a goal and the other is a defensive one when the COM gets happy.

Last edited:

23new.gif

Liga Nacional: Primera División 07/08
Deportivo Alavés News

"Ten Man Alavés Stun Barcelona"

050909153819.hukkx3fm0b.jpg

Astudillo and Deco Clash

Day 7:

Alavés 3
Nene 15' Astudillo 55' Jandro 74'
(Nuno Morais Sent Off)
Barcelona 1
Iniesta 49'

Barcelona went into this match on a run of six straight wins. However, Professor Nutmeg's side weren't going to be overawed by the Catalan giants. What followed is surely to be one of the most memorable matches of the season.

Barcelona had clearly underestimated their opposition and it was realised in the 15th minute when Nene netted the home side's first goal to send the crowd into a frenzy.

Early in the 2nd half, Nuno Morais was judged to have cynically brought down Ronaldinho. The referee brandished a straight red at the Portuguese defender. Irate at the referee's hasty decision, El Professor had to be cautioned by the 4th official, and told to return to his team's bench. From the ensuing free kick, Barcelona got their equaliser. Ronaldinho went for goal with a whipped in effort. Having beaten Ardouin in goal, it rebounded off the post and back into the path of Iniesta, who made no mistake with a close range header.

With Alavés down to 10 men and Barcelona drawing level, it looked to be a bumpy ride for the home team in the second half. But in the 55th minute, Astudillo lashed in a bullet from just outside the box, beating Valdés with its sheer ferocity, as it found its way through the crowded box.

Frank Rijkaard's response was to bring on more forwards, effectively playing a 3-3-4 formation, featuring Ronaldinho, Ezquerro, Eto'o and Giuly and later Messi. This left the visitors vulnerable from counter attacks.
Alavés sealed all 3 points with their 3rd goal in the 74th minute, Jandro's slightest touch of a header bamboozling Valdés.

Ronaldinho1.jpg

Ronaldinho: Dismayed

With this win, the small Basque club subjected Barcelona to a humiliating defeat and ended their run of 6 straight victories from the opening day. Surely a night the Mendizorroza will remember for years to come.

In a post-match press conference, El Professor later said: "It was clear they underestimated us, after all, we are only a small club who have just won promotion to the Primera Division. But we showed great resilience, organisation and determination, even after Nuno Morais' sending off. And yes, we will be appealing against his red card"

The win sees Alavés move up into 6th position in the table.

Watch Super Extended Highlights 27Mb (includes all build up play)

Last edited:

Very nice clip Prof. and some really nice goals. A disgrace that the stadium is not full(like always) against Barca!
Oh, why did you gave barca the red shorts?

Great clip, my friend...nice goals to...hope you beatReal Madrid too...

Awesome work on those extended highlights Prof!!

Very entertaining to see and especially with recording of voice as well which has crowd noise and commentary, it adds a whole bigger dimension/feel to it! :)

GFK said:
Oh, why did you gave barca the red shorts?
Because i could. Oh the power of the pre-match screens! :mrgreen:
Well, actually it was so that their dark blue shorts didn't clash with my blue shorts....No, the first answer.

Agreed PLF, i prefer the whole build up and celebrations in the highlights. Just doing my bit to make things more fun :D

Professor Nutmeg said:
23new.gif

Liga Nacional: Primera División 07/08
Deportivo Alavés News

"Ten Man Alavés Stun Barcelona"

050909153819.hukkx3fm0b.jpg

Astudillo and Deco Clash

Day 7:

Alavés 3
Nene 15' Astudillo 55' Jandro 74'
(Nuno Morais Sent Off)
Barcelona 1
Iniesta 49'

Barcelona went into this match on a run of six straight wins. However, Professor Nutmeg's side weren't going to be overawed by the Catalan giants. What followed is surely to be one of the most memorable matches of the season.

Barcelona had clearly underestimated their opposition and it was realised in the 15th minute when Nene netted the home side's first goal to send the crowd into a frenzy.

Early in the 2nd half, Nuno Morais was judged to have cynically brought down Ronaldinho. The referee brandished a straight red at the Portuguese defender. Irate at the referee's hasty decision, El Professor had to be cautioned by the 4th official, and told to return to his team's bench. From the ensuing free kick, Barcelona got their equaliser. Ronaldinho went for goal with a whipped in effort. Having beaten Ardouin in goal, it rebounded off the post and back into the path of Iniesta, who made no mistake with a close range header.

With Alavés down to 10 men and Barcelona drawing level, it looked to be a bumpy ride for the home team in the second half. But in the 55th minute, Astudillo lashed in a bullet from just outside the box, beating Valdés with its sheer ferocity, as it found its way through the crowded box.

Frank Rijkaard's response was to bring on more forwards, effectively playing a 3-3-4 formation, featuring Ronaldinho, Ezquerro, Eto'o and Giuly and later Messi. This left the visitors vulnerable from counter attacks.
Alavés sealed all 3 points with their 3rd goal in the 74th minute, Jandro's slightest touch of a header bamboozling Valdés.

Ronaldinho1.jpg

Ronaldinho: Dismayed

With this win, the small Basque club subjected Barcelona to a humiliating defeat and ended their run of 6 straight victories from the opening day. Surely a night the Mendizorroza will remember for years to come.

In a post-match press conference, El Professor later said: "It was clear they underestimated us, after all, we are only a small club who have just won promotion to the Primera Division. But we showed great resilience, organisation and determination, even after Nuno Morais' sending off. And yes, we will be appealing against his red card"

The win sees Alavés move up into 6th position in the table.

Watch Super Extended Highlights 27Mb (includes all build up play)

Evidently the Culés don't like it up em!

Good work fella, i'll watch the vid at lunchtime

23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Primera División 07/08

Deportivo Alavés News

"Giant Killers!"

"We don't fear the big teams"
-El Professor

Day 10:

Real Madrid 0
Alavés 2
Jandro 76' Wesley 82'

Real Madrid has suffered its first home loss as Jandro's and Wesley's goals saw Alavés steal a 2-0 victory over the title contenders. This astonishing win comes just 3 weeks after the memorable victory over Barcelona at the Mendizorroza. With more than €80 million worth of transfers on display to its fans for the first time, the script suggested Real would dominate the newly promoted club.

Both teams fashioned chances throughout the match, but it wasn't until the introduction of substitute Wesley, that the match saw the first goal. Wesley's 76th minute effort was well saved by Casillas, only to gift Jandro with a second chance glimpse at goal from a tight angle. The Spaniard finished well, to nudge the visitors ahead with under 15 minutes left.

Sensing humiliation, Ronaldo was brought on for Salgado in order to bolster Real's attack. However, this played into the visitors hands, and minutes later Wesley had another chance on goal with his favoured left foot. Again, it was well saved by Casillas, but Wesley then struck the loose ball with his right, making no mistake with a well driven finish that bulged the net.

071130news.jpg

A painful loss for the
Galacticos

In the post-match press conference, El Professor said: "I'm proud of my players, because we fought hard in a game everbody expected us to lose."
El Professor's Alavés are slowly making a name for themselves in La Liga's top flight as "upsetters." Some critics are now even tipping the club as dark horses for European qualification, something the manager is quick to play down. "We are not thinking about Europe at this point. Our main objective is to remain in the Primera División. Anything after that is a welcome bonus."

Watch Super Extended Highlights 22Mb (includes all build up play)

Last edited:

Leahue A | Week 11
Juventus vs. AC Milan

juve2.jpg
-
a.c%20milan.gif

Juventus: Psoition 1st
Start linup:

Buffon

Thuram
Cannavaro
Zambrotta
Chiellini

Emerson
Vieira
Nedvid
Olivera

Ibrahimovic
Trezeguet

AC Milan: Position 2nd
Start linup:

Kalac

Kaladze
Stam
Dario Simic
Cafu

Rui Costa
Gattuso
Seedorf
Kaka

F. Inzaghi
Gilardino

Match Report...
Juventus start the match with highly press zone one AC Milan area
Ibrahimovic cause a lot of trouble to AC Milan defenders, while terzeguet tried to score many times, but Kalac saved all the shoots.
AC Milan defenders was like an open street, shoots from every where.
in the 2nd half AC Milan Coach changed Stam position from CB to SB
and the Defense line was Good after the editing.
in the last 15' minutes Gilardino scored a shocking gaol from outside the box. after the goal AC Milan tried to score another goal by Filipo Inzaghi, but Buffon was awake.

seriea25septembergilardino7jk.jpg

the match ended Juventus 0-1 AC Milan [Gilardino 75']
and AC Milan now the 1st of the League for the 1st time.

Rankings:
AC Milan 28
Juventus 27
Inter 25
AS Roma 21
Marseille 20
Lyon 19
Monaco 18
Paris SG 17
Lazio 15
Fiorentina 13
Parma 13
Auxerre 13
Udinese 10
Sampdoria 10
Palermo 9
Chievo 9

Last edited:

Winter Transfers

I Traded Rui Costa out, Aimar in [cost me 2500]
and also I Traded F. Inzaghi out, Forlan [cost me 2500]
for the defense I Traded Kaladez out, Gabriel Heinze in [cost me 2500]
Finally I Traded Dida out, Cech in [[cost me 1500]

Retirement announcement ??
Costacorta 39 years

==================
note: I Started the master league with 50,000
I'm Millionaire :D

and Mussav Promis AC Milan Fans with a Suprise in the Summer Transfers

Mussav list: one will come to AC Milan
1) Steven Gerarrd
2) Ballack
3) Zidane
4) Nedvid
5) Totti

==================
AC Milan: In
Aimar (Valencia) [2500] + Rui Costa
Forlan (Villreal) [2500] + F. Inzaghi
Heinze (Manchester UTD) [2500] + Kaladze
Cech (Chelsea) [1500] + Dida

AC Milan: Out
Rui Costa (Valencia)
F. Inzaghi (Villareal)
Kaladze (Manchester UTD)
Dida (Chelsea)

goal.com

Bayern Put Ballack Up For Sale
fhdh.jpg

Bayern Munich have officially withdrawn their offer of a contract extension to Germany captain Michael Ballack and will now contact interested clubs to see if a suitable transfer can be arranged, it was confirmed today.

"We officially withdrew our offer today," said Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge at the club’s annual meeting in Munich. After meeting with the player and his representative on Monday, Rummenigge found that Ballack had still not made his mind up on the offer.

"That does not necessarily mean that Michael will leave us but I say point blank that we will immediately sound out the market to look for a replacement," the striking legend told the AGM.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, AC Milan and Juventus have all been linked with a move for the 29-year-old German skipper.

lequipe.jpg

C'EST INCROYABLE!

The world of European football was in shock this morning, after underachieving French side Metz presented their new manager to baffled journalists and reporters.

When the Lorraine based outfit announced that there would be a press conference at the club's training complex, the assumption was that ex-Maritimo manager Monsieur Simon would be dotting the I's and crossing the T's after his fairly public and seemingly amicable split from the Madeirans.

However it is now understood that the President Molinari received a letter from the Englishman in late October. The contents of which have not been revealed, but were enough to force the Frenchman's hand into a rapid reassesment of his recruitment policy.

Therefore just after 11am CET this morning, the club's rotund owner unveiled none other than former Southampton & Elfsborg midfielder Anders Svensson to the assembled press.

s3-fotbollssnackis-anders.jpg
- Turning his back on Elfsborg

The Swede who had gone to ground after mysteriously arriving at Germany over a week ago, seemed destined for a final swansong in the Bundesliga, with Mainz being the favoured destination, due to their proximity to Saarbrucken airport. But it now transpires that the Scandanavian hearthrob was just biding his time until the 15th, when the sensational news could be made public.

With the club also announcing the launch of their new (semi complete) Official website FCMETZ, a brand new era in the club's fortunes seems destined to take shape.

Back
Top Bottom