PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

I wonder if the J-League teams will be in the game. I mean its such a waste with Konami having the exclusive license to it, yet they only have it for PS2 games in Japan only. I want to be able to try out some J League teams vs European teams as well.

Probably they wrongly think that nobody wants to play with J-League clubs...

Yeah. Konami must realise that all eyes are on them this year. If I don't see a significant improvement in the game from the videos and demo its goodbye Konami.
I still enjoy playing BAL but the other modes are just too easy.

I've played FIFA09 and enjoyed it somewhat. I promised myself that I would buy FIFA 2010, which will be a first FIFA for me in 12 years.

Saying the game will have an extra 200 people working on it is rediculous.

It could meen anything as it may just meen they are employing people around the globe to feedback to them on players, in that case it could be believable. However, if they are claiming to be employing an extra 200 developers, it makes them look like their lieing and stupid.

I work on a team that produces a number of software products each year, with one major release that sells in comparable numbers to PES. My team is made up of less than 20 people and to think that a remedy to dropping quality, would be to throw 200 people at it, sounds stupid beyond words.

PES doesnt need 200 people extra, it simply needs someone to take control of it properly and stop keep putting out half arsed releases.

Get someone who is passionate about the game to fight for new features.

Even using the current game engine, it can be made much more enjoyable by making it harder in single player, so someone tweaking this or making a new version can surely improve on this.

Bring someone in to sort out the online play, how come other games can do this without lag?

If your going to have positions for new teams as you lack the licences and know people add there own, why not make a lot more spaces?

Saying the game will have an extra 200 people working on it is rediculous.

It could meen anything as it may just meen they are employing people around the globe to feedback to them on players, in that case it could be believable. However, if they are claiming to be employing an extra 200 developers, it makes them look like their lieing and stupid.

I work on a team that produces a number of software products each year, with one major release that sells in comparable numbers to PES. My team is made up of less than 20 people and to think that a remedy to dropping quality, would be to throw 200 people at it, sounds stupid beyond words.

PES doesnt need 200 people extra, it simply needs someone to take control of it properly and stop keep putting out half arsed releases.

Get someone who is passionate about the game to fight for new features.

Even using the current game engine, it can be made much more enjoyable by making it harder in single player, so someone tweaking this or making a new version can surely improve on this.

Bring someone in to sort out the online play, how come other games can do this without lag?

If your going to have positions for new teams as you lack the licences and know people add there own, why not make a lot more spaces?
but is your team making a new product? Or are you maintaining an existing product and adding new features building upon the same code base? what is your product?

que tanto les cuesta hacer el juego como lo hacian en el ps2 ??? solo arreglen las graficas!!

And even if you do not work in a software company, just by looking at some figures it is pretty easy to see that 200 fully paid extra employees is just impossible...they would need to sell 3/4 times as much as they do now to cover the cost of some 200 people.

Anyway gameplaywise ps2 version is still the best game of footy, some new modes, better looking textures and a sound on line would be enough.

Since they started this PR marketing the game has gone bananas...it seems they need to create fake hype to make up for poor coding.

Tbh charlie I don't think it is wise for them to go bananas this year. It will surely break them. They've been going downhill for the last 2 years and with Fifa doing really good it is not like it used to be. Fifa wasn't a real threat before, now it is. Failing with 2010 will surely hurt them. They just can't afford it this time.

but is your team making a new product? Or are you maintaining an existing product and adding new features building upon the same code base? what is your product?

We do both and are doing both things that Konami may be doing with PES, in that we are releasing a new version with added features, whilst also working on a brand new version. Other than an increased development time given to the new version, there is no extra resource on it.

I don't want to say who work for, its not in the games industry, but there is a lot of paralels between my product and the PES series, in that its been a market leader for a number of years, release updates each year and are reliant on making it better to keep our market share.

I think next year is a big year for PES, for years games media always give the game good reviews no matter how it played, this has stopped and the public are a lot more critical of it.

One really bad release for 2008 and then an OK one for 2009, will hit next years sales, if they get it wrong for 2010, they will probably get a much sharper decline.

FIFA is improving, but through editing PES can be made better, the people who make them game need to do a bit more of the improving before its released next year and make it easier to edit on the PS3.

Football is a wierd game type though, PES is only where it is through people playing it for years. Entering the market is almost impossible as FIFA has all the licences, so no new comer can be creative and up the game. It would be brilliant if someone was able to come up with something like Race Driver Grid from out of nowhere, when everyone was expecting GT to be the game of that genre for the football market

Last edited:

Posted 2nd July 2007

171245866020070629023107.jpg

Posted 01 JULY 2008

COMPUTERANDVIDEOGAMES: First PES 2009 info

Looks like we have a while to wait for the first news
i am guessing July 2009

Apparently they're itching to bring out news earlier this time. Hopefully that is a good sign?

You people should realise that Konami plowed in a ton of resources into MGS4 and that may have had a huge impact on the last 2 next-gen PES' we've seen. Having said that....WHERE'S MY FUCKING 11 V 11 SEABASS!!!

Hahah. Chill man. Let them get to grips with 1v1 first.

I hope Konami can come up with a good intro for this game.

The last good one they had was on PES4. After that it was just some cheap shots of some guy kicking a ball around.

Thomas talks all right? I wonder if the Konami had issued an opinion in fact talking about the people in 2010? We have good news in May?

Last edited:

I lay half in English.

...don't EVER say that, your wife will kill you :lol:

About selling 3/4 times as much, why not quantify it?

200 people * 14 months * 2000€ = 5.600.000€ per year

Assuming 2000€ average wage.

Assuming 3000€ average wage, it's

200 people * 14 months * 3000€ = 8.400.000€ per year

In the first scenario they'd have to sell more

5.600.000€ per year/30€ per game that they receive = 186k

8.400.000€ per year/30 = 280k copies

Is it so unrealistic? ;)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

...don't EVER say that, your wife will kill you :lol:

About selling 3/4 times as much, why not quantify it?

200 people * 14 months * 2000€ = 5.600.000€ per year

Assuming 2000€ average wage.

Assuming 3000€ average wage, it's

200 people * 14 months * 3000€ = 8.400.000€ per year

In the first scenario they'd have to sell more

5.600.000€ per year/30€ per game that they receive = 186k

8.400.000€ per year/30 = 280k copies

Is it so unrealistic? ;)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

That´s pretty close from last 2 years:

11 people * 14 months * 2000€ + SEABASS SALARY = 5.000.000€ per year

:LOL:

Paulo Tavares...not sure you have any idea about:

how much time/money you would spend to hire 200 new people in terms of HR, interviews, contracts etc
how much money you need to spend for social benefits, for the administration of 200 new people etc
how much money for new office space, materials, technology etc

The salary you give to a person is just a part of the overall cost you have...

Paulo Tavares...not sure you have any idea about:

how much time/money you would spend to hire 200 new people in terms of HR, interviews, contracts etc
how much money you need to spend for social benefits, for the administration of 200 new people etc
how much money for new office space, materials, technology etc

The salary you give to a person is just a part of the overall cost you have...

Hi Charlie!

Sure enough, it is. Nonetheless, I'm just trying to make the point that you don't need to sell a huge truckload of copies for the investment to be justified.

Answering to your particular concerns,

- how much time/money you would spend to hire 200 new people in terms of HR, interviews, contracts etc

We can, by absurd, imagine that we'd spend the unrealistic (or is it?) amount of 3.000€ to hire each new person;

3.000 * 200 = 600.000€

- how much money you need to spend for social benefits, for the administration of 200 new people etc;

For social benefits and administration, I'll hit 1.000€ per month per person.

1.000 * 12 * 200 = 2.400.000€

- how much money for new office space, materials, technology etc

A square-meter of office in Tokyo is circa 1600€, per year. If each person has 5 square meters for its own, assuming that it is a completely new office (i.e. the current office doesn't have the capacity to hold the people there)

5 * 1600 * 200 = 1.600.000€

I'll add 3.000 more per year per person, for materials, technology, an anything that is not shareable.

3.000 * 200 = 600.000€

So, even pulling numbers out of nowhere, in the worst case scenario of the 3.000€ average wage, I'm just adding 5.200.000€ to the previous number

8.400.000€ + 600.000€ + 2.400.000€ + 1.600.000€ + 600.000€ = 13.600.000€

which, divided by the 30€ that Konami would get per copy sold, would still yield a difference of 454k copies worldwide for them to break-even on the investment.

What I'm trying to say is that hiring 200 people is NOT the end of the world for Konami in terms of money. You can tweak the numbers the way you want - obviously I'm just making up numbers, some of them more reasonable than others - but the bottomline is that it is not a huge difference in terms of sales, for a franchise that has sold around 8 million copies worldwide in the two versions that preceded PES 2009 (sales figures for it are, obviously, not final yet ;) ).

So, even though it is just a rumor, don't just dismiss it based on the fact that in your mind it doesn't make as much sense as it should.

This is business. If they hire those people, I applaud them for their guts - adding so many people to a project is a huge headache... Unless they're hiring them to develop a separate new game engine... Oops, there I am, lighting rumors in a forum :D

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Back
Top Bottom