PES2008 is getting boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is starting to look like a "whats better then PES2008?" thread...

Question: I have WE2007 cracked (can't play Online) and I was thinking about buying PES6 majorly because my game is starting to be fucked up (Pes6 crashes thread) and seeing if pes6 online thingy if better then pes2008, which i am 99,9% sure it is anything is better then it...
So, Main Question, Worth buying the game PES6 or not? Here its around 20€ maybe less then that.

OK so, back on topic...

First time I installed PES2008 I was shocked at how crap it was, though I could only run a half-way smooth game on low settings. I got a new PC recently, with a decent graphics card (GT8800), and the improvement is tremendous.

Because I'm busy paying the damn thing off :-pp, I can only get the odd online game in. The leagues and all that are boring anyway - I know that from experience.

In honesty, I've had some brilliant, glitch-free online games. I've noticed a steady improvement and most games are not so laggy. But more than 50% of games are incredibly frustrating and, yes boring.

The main problem for me are the little glitches that ruin games in a second. Mysteriously teleporting balls, sudden player slowdowns and loss of control, bizzare golakeeping mistakes; and ALWAYS to my disadvantage. Am I getting paranoid, or is there a cheating thing going-on?

Oh, and because it's so easy to score by running at the defence, or directly from a corner, some matches decend into farce.

These kids are so competetive that they play just to score by the easiest route. I play for the enjoyment and always try new stuff - I think I'm pretty good, but my rating is hovering around 300!!! But when the going's good I am a giant-killer.

On the odd occassion when I have a mate around to play :EMB: the games are just superb. When it comes to online, for me it's players that are boring, not the game itself, despite it's many faults.

I'll round off by asking if there are like-minded people organised into groups that I could join? (Yes, I'm Johnny no-mattes :-P )

xJ

Last edited:
The bottom line is......

Pro Evolution Soccer:

halloween_graveyards_36.jpg

We had some great times together but Konami & Seabass lost the plot quite a while ago.

FIFA on PC isnt Next Gen and probably wont be till most home machines have Multi Core processors and decent graphics cards... shows you how half arsed PES 2008 Next Gen was!!

Oh my god... Not again that EA :LIE: PR bullshit...
Heres a dual core:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115031
And here is a GPU that will eat FIFA alive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134040

BTW the above combo runs PES2008 at 2480x1600 x16AA/x16AF....
So no FIFA can run on average machines its just that EA doesnt give a damn about PC gaming anymore thats why they havent upgraded any of their games from NBA to NHL to Madden and FIFA....

lol ok... thats your opinion. No need to be a complete arse is there with the stupid Pinoccio Smiley?

Hey m8 i wasnt flaming you... EA devs started this bullcrap about how their footy is more demanding than Crysis...
For Christs sake how can it be demanding when its running at a 2005 toybox?

PES 2008 is such a crappy game it's unbelievable.

I think anyone who says that PES 2008 is a better game than Fifa next-gen is kidding themselves because of where they spent their money or are just being a fanboy to a game series (what's the point?).
I have thought Fifa (and other EA footie games) have been diabolical since 98, and since then I have played ISS/PE so for me to suddenly think it sucks, there must be something very bad about it, I thought it was a very bad game before I even played next-gen Fifa.

All you have to do is look at videos fo each game and compare the two with real football and see which is closest, Fifa on 360/PS3 is obviously a lot closer.
Football isn't always a fast-paced exciting game every match, Fifa tries to replicate this while still staying fun, it has a near-perfect balance between realism and fun (remember, a fully realistic game would be boring because most people only play 10 min matches on video games and not many goals are scored in the first 10 mins of matches) but PES just goes for a fully fun game, which ultimately fails (for the first time in the series imo) and is just an arcade fest.

I urge any "PES fans" who are proper football purists to play Fifa next-gen, it is a fantastic game.

PES 2008 is such a crappy game it's unbelievable.

I think anyone who says that PES 2008 is a better game than Fifa next-gen is kidding themselves because of where they spent their money or are just being a fanboy to a game series (what's the point?).
I have thought Fifa (and other EA footie games) have been diabolical since 98, and since then I have played ISS/PE so for me to suddenly think it sucks, there must be something very bad about it, I thought it was a very bad game before I even played next-gen Fifa.

All you have to do is look at videos fo each game and compare the two with real football and see which is closest, Fifa on 360/PS3 is obviously a lot closer.
Football isn't always a fast-paced exciting game every match, Fifa tries to replicate this while still staying fun, it has a near-perfect balance between realism and fun (remember, a fully realistic game would be boring because most people only play 10 min matches on video games and not many goals are scored in the first 10 mins of matches) but PES just goes for a fully fun game, which ultimately fails (for the first time in the series imo) and is just an arcade fest.

I urge any "PES fans" who are proper football purists to play Fifa next-gen, it is a fantastic game.

Ill state (again) 3 things and you can take or deny them:

1 Ball trajectories: CRAP TENNIS
2 Players running anim: CRAP (note PES2008 copied crap FIFA running)
3 Ball controlling, weight, ALL PLAYERS ARE THE SAME.....

And just icing on the cake: FIFA08 has disproportional corpses pretending playing football...while wearing pathetic bags....

PES2008 is CRAP because its too much like FIFA--->Consensus amongst ANY PESfan Ive asked about it in person....

PS: Getting speed and tactics right is NOT enough...if the bare function is crap....

Last edited:
Ball trajectories: PES' ball physics are crap (especially on long passes), Fifa's are much better and at least depend on how the player hits the ball (where they are facing/running).

Player running anim: PES players have always run like robots, Fifa's bend into turns etc and are generally more realistic, trying to compare animations between PES and Fifa in PES' favour is a bit silly

Ball controlling, weight, ALL PLAYERS ARE THE SAME....: Bullshit, real crap. I haven't even played next-gen Fifa much and players are not all the same at all.

And just icing on the cake: FIFA08 has disproportional corpses pretending playing football...while wearing pathetic bags....: Only when you look very close up and look for mistakes do you see them in Fifa's player models, and even they they are not that bad. And if you call realistic looking LICENSED kits "pathetic bags" then you are pathetic yourself...

PES is a game that doesn't even need tactical awareness or football knowledge, you just hold down the sprint button all game and run past everyone with a few passes every so often, it's crap.
Fanboy trying to argue silly points in PES' favour.

Ball trajectories: PES' ball physics are crap (especially on long passes), Fifa's are much better and at least depend on how the player hits the ball (where they are facing/running).

Player running anim: PES players have always run like robots, Fifa's bend into turns etc and are generally more realistic, trying to compare animations between PES and Fifa in PES' favour is a bit silly

Ball controlling, weight, ALL PLAYERS ARE THE SAME....: Bullshit, real crap. I haven't even played next-gen Fifa much and players are not all the same at all.

And just icing on the cake: FIFA08 has disproportional corpses pretending playing football...while wearing pathetic bags....: Only when you look very close up and look for mistakes do you see them in Fifa's player models, and even they they are not that bad. And if you call realistic looking LICENSED kits "pathetic bags" then you are pathetic yourself...

PES is a game that doesn't even need tactical awareness or football knowledge, you just hold down the sprint button all game and run past everyone with a few passes every so often, it's crap.
Fanboy trying to argue silly points in PES' favour.

Fanboy trying to argue silly points in FIFA' favour.
See I can spout crap like you WOHOOO!!!!
Again I dont give a shit about FIFA fanboys if it hurts you to read about your pathetic tennis game dont read my replies...

lol that post proves how stupid you are.
Why would I be a fanboy? I am a football fan and I like football games, whichever is the better game I will like best, simple, no stupid pointless bias is needed.
Someone with such little intelligence as you calling next gen Fifa a "tennis game" means nothing, tennis is two (or four) players hitting a small ball over a net and into a box, trying to get the ball past the opponent. Football is 22 players trying to put the ball in a net with metal posts around it. Any likeness? None whatsoever.

You are pathetic and so is PES 2008, it's people like you that make PES 2008 as bad as it is by calling it's competition (Fifa) rubbish without knowing anything about it.

So instead of reading what I posted and replying in a way to counter my points properly you call Fifa a tennis game, call me a fanboy and say I was spouting crap. Read back, it wasn't me spouting the crap mate...

lol that post proves how stupid you are.
Why would I be a fanboy? I am a football fan and I like football games, whichever is the better game I will like best, simple, no stupid pointless bias is needed.
Someone with such little intelligence as you calling next gen Fifa a "tennis game" means nothing, tennis is two (or four) players hitting a small ball over a net and into a box, trying to get the ball past the opponent. Football is 22 players trying to put the ball in a net with metal posts around it. Any likeness? None whatsoever.

You are pathetic and so is PES 2008, it's people like you that make PES 2008 as bad as it is by calling it's competition (Fifa) rubbish without knowing anything about it.

So instead of reading what I posted and replying in a way to counter my points properly you call Fifa a tennis game, call me a fanboy and say I was spouting crap. Read back, it wasn't me spouting the crap mate...

Hmm do I care about you? Nope...
Do I care about what you think? Nope...
Does the fact that Fifa is shit makes PEs2008 any better? Nope...
So get your head out of your rear and think...As a PESFAN its the last thing that I want is fifa to be crap....but it is from my perspective so PES' future looks kinda gloomy...

You can't just play it like you play PES and expect it to work, Fifa isn't just run, run, run, shoot, goal, with maybe 2 or 3 passes in between the running.
If you do that in Fifa, you lose the ball, which probably frustrates little kids (or people with the mental age of a little kid) so they just stop playing it and call it crap. Just like you did ;).

Anyway, it's your loss as next-gen Fifa 08 online is obviously the best football experience available at the moment.

The one thing that i'm in love with in Fifa is the ball physics/trajectories. I just love it.

You can't just play it like you play PES and expect it to work, Fifa isn't just run, run, run, shoot, goal, with maybe 2 or 3 passes in between the running.
If you do that in Fifa, you lose the ball, which probably frustrates little kids (or people with the mental age of a little kid) so they just stop playing it and call it crap. Just like you did ;).

Anyway, it's your loss as next-gen Fifa 08 online is obviously the best football experience available at the moment.

And you expect people to think that youre serious?

PS Oh and BTW you have some balls to come into the PC section and even spout the word "FIFA"....

Last edited:
And you expect people to think that youre serious?

PS Oh and BTW you have some balls to come into the PC section and even spout the word "FIFA"....
Just the difference in the way we post should let people know that you have a very low brain capacity compared to me (that's not me trying to be arrogant btw, just showing how low yours is), you just can't put forward a proper argument at all or post in a sensible manner.
Why does saying "FIFA" need balls? It's allowed to be discussed and it's a direct competitor in the football genre, so the two games should be compared to one another, which is what I was doing.
hellenes I think thats enough mate... Rob has his opinion and you have yours. No need to be like this about it.
Yeah, let's just leave it at that now :) No need to carry this on.

Again, you guys r making the topic huge (which i like :)) but not for the best reasons, the topic title.
It hasn't been a healthy chat, your just throwing the fire-ball at each other not getting to a conclusion, so if you guys don't quit it, i will tell a Mod to close it and start a new thread for you to flame each other. Kay?
Well back to the topic, since im sick of playing pes 2008 and more then fucked for playing online, i resorted to PES6 (I had WE2007 cracked) and started playing online, Damn i Love it! there hasn't been a game since CS (which i still proudly play) that makes me so excited while playing. Its just bad that not every1 owns a good internet connection and i already have some games ended due to connection problems... so just wondering people here are like "lets play?! i chose INTER cous im good like that"?

Yeah I too have played PES6 online a bit recently.
I used to think that was a bugged up crappy game compared to PES6, but only after playing such an awful game as PES 2008 do you realise it's qualities.
If people play fair without the lag and cutbacks, you can have some really enjoyable fast paced matches, it puts PES 2008 to shame really.

It's a shame that they took down the PES5 servers, that would have been even better to play online :) Oh well, I will have an even better game than that to play very soon :D, Fifa 08 on 360 (Hurry up play.com!!! :-pp)

PES 09 will hopefully be a whole new game and be totally different from any other PES we have played before, the series needs a kick-start again, it has stalled with it's past two titles. Konami have been a bit lazy, but I think now they realise that most people do actually think Fifa is a better game now they will be forced to do something or lose a lot of sales.

PES 09 will hopefully be a whole new game and be totally different from any other PES we have played before, the series needs a kick-start again, it has stalled with it's past two titles. Konami have been a bit lazy, but I think now they realise that most people do actually think Fifa is a better game now they will be forced to do something or lose a lot of sales.
Unfortunately the mess that is 2008 still sold a bucket load and a poor 09 will too sadly... Like a lot of people on here we will all have our fingers crossed that Konami and Seabreeze have sat up and taken notice. Though i will not be holding my breath.:anx:

i am still playing pes 6 with new patches it looks much better than pes 2008..pes 2008 realy suprised me alot,i still cant believe how konamki could make such a stupid game after great pes 4 ,5 and 6..

For me PES 2008 was a shambles, but luckily because so many people work on it and sort out the pitches, stadiums, teams and gameplay, it has ended up being the best PES yet.

Alright, my maturation detector can't take any more of this.

This thread is officially done for, thanks for your attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom