PES2008 is getting boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how you are suggesting FIFA 08 *360* on the *PC* forum here. That said, PC FIFA 08 seemed awful to me.

P.S.: The modes where you are limited to controlling one player seem to suck in both franchises (FIFA 08, JLWE2007CC) due to the absolutely moronic AI of your team's players. At least FIFA lets you do that with friends and gives you objectives to beat, but I have no friends who'd voluntarily play PC FIFA.. I asked them and they all refused to even try it! :D

I like how you are suggesting FIFA 08 *360* on the *PC* forum here. That said, PC FIFA 08 seemed awful to me.

P.S.: The modes where you are limited to controlling one player seem to suck in both franchises (FIFA 08, JLWE2007CC) due to the absolutely moronic AI of your team's players. At least FIFA lets you do that with friends and gives you objectives to beat, but I have no friends who'd voluntarily play PC FIFA.. I asked them and they all refused to even try it! :D

Blasphemy!

Hey guys.
I'm new here and Idk , my account isn't activated yet to make new threads.
PES2008 Offline matches are making bored to me too.
NETWORK doesn't work.
IDK it some kind of Error like this:
"""Different Client Version.
Download the latest client version than reconnect."""
But the page where it redirects me to, i cant find nothing in there.
Can somebody help me with something useful or give me a working download link for the LATEST Client Version availbe for PES2008 To play network matches.
Thank you very much EvoWebs!

WARNING - LONG POST.

For someone that was once a longtime fan of the PES series I genuinely find it peculiar that you would turn on it so easily?

Firstly; PES is not arcadey. Far from it. That's just silly talk (especially when comparing it to FIFA). Furthermore it was never meant to be a hardcore simulation, those aspects are merely by-products of a design ethos providing depth in the core gameplay (something that FIFA lacks - despite pretending/lying otherwise). Thirdly; the underlying gameplay of PES 2008 is exactly the same as the underlying gameplay shaping every single one of the previous games. How you, someone who enjoyed the previous iterations, can stand there and tell me that it has suddenly transformed into a completely different game and that FIFA has managed the same feat at precisely the same time I really don't understand!

PES 2008 is different, yes, but mostly superficially. The gameplay remains the same. PES2 is different to 4 and 5 also, but the gameplay remains fundamentally the same. As a long time fan I'm sure you will agree with this (even if you have your preferences as to which is the best), but why then do you suddenly assert that PES is ULTRA ARCADE.
...and how can you then move over to FIFA with a straight face? I'm not sure how to take that kind of reasoning.

As I've said; I have nothing against people liking FIFA, enjoying FIFA, recommending FIFA. I do have something against people making completely inane arguments for it however and this is where the point of contention is. Are you liking FIFA purely because you don't like PES 2008, which is fine, or are you liking FIFA because you genuinely believe it's better than PES.

I think I read that you've said that previous PES games are better than FIFA, are they also better than the 'next-gen' version of FIFA in your opinion then, or do they also fail to compare?

Players actually feel like they have weight and that you have to work with them
At what point did the attributes system of PES disappear and become meaningless?

FIFA has one nice feature, it's called momentum. PES also has this feature but it's not as linearly/overtly used - you won't notice it if you don't look for it basically. In my opinion that's good design because it's still occurring but you aren't being reminded every time you control your character that it has momentum - FIFA likes to rub your face in it, hence why they have 'weight' and are 'hard to control'.

PES has an attribute system which is unequalled in the genre. You don't have to work with THEM, you have to work with each INDIVIDUAL. It's one of its selling points in fact.

They dont feel like they are on a scripted CPU path and get 'Stuck' (always happens on PES)
First; I've never once seen a player get stuck, you say it always happens but it can't because I've never seen it once in all my years of playing. Maybe our definition of 'stuck' differs?

In so far as criticising the movement in PES you're quite right, and you'll find a friend in me. I personally believe the computer cheats and I also believe it uses an outdated defensive model which if they fixed would make playing PES far more entertaining & realistic.

(Defenders/goalkeepers all run to where the ball was LAST, which if you run that simulation in your head clearly illustrates just how shit a way it is of doing things. That they've never bothered to enhance this is disappointing to say the least!)

But... both games have different control/movement schemes and that doesn't mean one is better than the other - it just means they are different. Without getting bogged down (as I agree with your criticism on this) the FIFA engine operates differently to PES, and both have their pros and cons but as a game player I can differentiate between them easily and know which I'd rather play in.

Neither is perfect but PES in spite of its flaws offers more freedom of movement and choice - the fact that it's dynamically tailored to the individual and the cirucmstances is also a big plus point. It's simply not the same in FIFA which still to this day feels 'scripted' not just in movement but in physics.

he shooting on PES2008 in particular is Diabolical.... The keepers are 100% Retards and cant save simple shots, the gameplay engine feels lifeless and not like PES6 did.
The keepers are fucking great!

The problem with keepers is simple; they still use that outdated defensive model - which is a real killer in one-on-one situations - and the fact that all goalkeepers have the same 'style'.

I believe it's far more realistic to have keepers that make mistakes, that are vulnerable and less 'uber' than the previous PES keepers. It adds an interesting dynamic to proceedings.

The problem with this is that ALL keepers, including safe hands like Buffon have this style of keeping which is obviously not good. They need to develop this idea further to provide a better spread of styles and skills. But they are moving in the right direction at least and I don't think it's the gamekiller some people are suggesting.

Konami are not moving with the times or making the MOST of the hardware thats available to them.....
True, this is why competition like FIFA is vital. Unfortunately nobody has come close to really challenging them - one only hopes that the last two 'next-gen' releases have given them ample opportunity to now focus on the GAMEPLAY.

Um you have NEVER seen a player continuosly run in a direction and no matter how much you HAMMER the opposite direction he continues to run? this has happened since ISS Pro Evolution!! Thats my definition of Stuck.... the goalies on PES2008 are NOT great.. they are fucking shite! fumbling the simplest of shots and giving you too many tap ins!

No? I've never seen that at all, don't you know about 'SUPER CANCEL', it gives you complete control of your player in situations where it is automatically trying to get to the ball for you.

As for the goalies - I believe again you've just ignored everything I've said - I'm not sure you have an opinion, you seem more intent on just saying NO, PES IS BAD, but anyway...

Tap ins and fumbles are a part of football. In previous PES games (you do remember them right?) the goalkeepers either SAVED a shot, or let it in. The goalkeepers now have a better range in involvement, but it's not perfect, far from it. However it is better in the sense that I described.

Um you have NEVER seen a player continuosly run in a direction and no matter how much you HAMMER the opposite direction he continues to run? this has happened since ISS Pro Evolution!! Thats my definition of Stuck.... the goalies on PES2008 are NOT great.. they are fucking shite! fumbling the simplest of shots and giving you too many tap ins!

to be fair to the gks after editing their stats they improved drastically. Not easy to score from headers tap ins or 1-1s anymore. I've done major stat editing though and i'm quite sure not many people have the patience to do so. But in the end its a better game for me now :)

No? I've never seen that at all, don't you know about 'SUPER CANCEL', it gives you complete control of your player in situations where it is automatically trying to get to the ball for you.

As for the goalies - I believe again you've just ignored everything I've said - I'm not sure you have an opinion, you seem more intent on just saying NO, PES IS BAD, but anyway...

Tap ins and fumbles are a part of football. In previous PES games (you do remember them right?) the goalkeepers either SAVED a shot, or let it in. The goalkeepers now have a better range in involvement, but it's not perfect, far from it. However it is better in the sense that I described.
Yes Cigol.. or Seagull! I have heard of super cancel. Your talking to me as if im a noob at this game. Ive been playing this for over 10 years my friend. Super Cancel doesnt do jack shit when the CPU decides your playing has got the ball, running towards a touchline and you cannot stop them WELL BEFORE the touchline and your player stupidly runs it out of play..... this happens even in PES 2008.

Check out Jack Bauer's sig videos, you can see enough there to backup what im saying.

I have listened to what you say and I used to LOVE PES's past and present but I think PES 2008 is a disgrace for so many reasons....

Anywayz :) enjoy PES 2008

PES is agood game but the last version was really disappointed not only in the online mode but for the whole game as well. We have to wait the upcoming version (pes 09) . At that time, we can say whther this game is doing good or bad on the next-gen games.

regards,

Game is still 100% Arcade Bullshit...... Anyone who thinks this is a simulation obviously DOESNT know what a Simulation is...
You are right 100% :)

agreed fifa 2008 is much better than pes 2008 but pes 6 is better than them all
You're mistaken...

Listen... PES2008 is a arcade shit game... Like Fifa :/ I remember ISS/PES/WE in PSOne. Why Konami don't use the same brain of game? Why they don't make better graphic on the same gameplay/phisic engine? They one's way to EA and Fifa... The last PES in great engine this is PES3. PES4,5,6 one's way to Fifa and PES2008 is similar like Fifa...

Do you remember ISS in PSOne? This brain was the best! :)) I remember how with my mates we take PSOne console, TV, PES2, go to basement (our club :-pp ) drink beers :DRUNK: and play tournaments all the nights :SMOKIN: Do you have that remembrances? :coolpink:

I have solution for you :EASY:

We can play ISS from PSOne ONLINE! on our PC! :beer: Online game is awesome, gameplay is unbelievable :DANCE: Much better than bug&cheat&lag PES2008... We play League, Rank, Tournaments, servers are full :COOL: My remembrances alive! :)) We create patch which update teams to 2007/2008 season! :)) The best football simulation is eternal and I do everything for this :))

So, if you are interested I invite you to my thread ->
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46816 :))

PS. Sorry for my english...

Last edited:
Your talking to me as if im a noob at this game. Ive been playing this for over 10 years my friend.
This is why your posts are so confusing but I won't labour the point.

Super Cancel doesnt do jack shit when the CPU decides your playing has got the ball, running towards a touchline and you cannot stop them WELL BEFORE the touchline and your player stupidly runs it out of play..... this happens even in PES 2008.

I'm sorry, this is your definition of stuck? I suppose momentum and player mistakes are out of the realm of possibility then huh? This happens all the time in football, it's a common occurrence (!) find me a match where it doesn't happen at least once and you'll be a rich man indeed (okay exaggeration but it's an exercise in futility for the most part).

I have listened to what you say and I used to LOVE PES's past and present but I think PES 2008 is a disgrace for so many reasons....

...and I have listened to what one must assume are your main reasons and found them laughable as a precursor to switching to FIFA.

Cigol, we have differing opinions mate. If momentum means I am No where Near the touch line and im trying to run in completely the opposition direction and the CPU gets me stuck running totally the wrong way when I am quite clearly hammering the opposite direction and NOT press sprint then Shit I know nothing about physics and someone should shoot me now :)

Can you show me one of those youtube videos because I've honestly got no idea what you're talking about.

Also; differing opinions are fine as I've said - I've got nothing against you disliking any version of PES. I just find your rationale to lack substance.

to be fair to the gks after editing their stats they improved drastically. Not easy to score from headers tap ins or 1-1s anymore. I've done major stat editing though and i'm quite sure not many people have the patience to do so. But in the end its a better game for me now :)

which stats in particular did you edit mate?

cheers

PES 5 IS THE BEST VERSION SO FAR - GREAT FOR REALISM - JUST NEEDED A FEW TWEAKS, LIKE COMMENTARY, AND BETTER GRAPHICS EG; PITCHES.

PES 2008 CHEATS WITH THE AI - even your own players aren't on your side, they don't run into space looking for a pass and run away from apponents when they have the ball - IT'S A JOKE!

WHY CAN'T THEY PRODUCE A GAME THAT DOESN'T CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!

which stats in particular did you edit mate?

cheers

Players:
Increased stamina 10 - 20

Decreased speed and acceleration 20 - 30

Decreased agility around 40 - 50 (Excluding GKs)

Decreased short pass speed 20 and long pass speed around 20 - 30

Increased Mentality 15 - 20

Increased condition/fitness 2

GKS:
In addition to edits above,

Defence, Response +10 or 15

Agility, Jump, Technique +10

GK skills +10 or 15

Players:
Increased stamina 10 - 20

Decreased speed and acceleration 20 - 30

Decreased agility around 40 - 50 (Excluding GKs)

Decreased short pass speed 20 and long pass speed around 20 - 30

Increased Mentality 15 - 20

Increased condition/fitness 2

GKS:
In addition to edits above,

Defence, Response +10 or 15

Agility, Jump, Technique +10

GK skills +10 or 15

I am not sure why you would want to make such changes when someone has already made a quality option file with very well thought out stat changes and had people testing it.

I used chimps OF's in PES6 and it improved the game so much so it was like a new game and his work this time is equally as good.

Also this will just make the game slower and thats all. Ok the goalies may also get a bit better but this still doesnt change the fact that the game has a lot of flaws which spoil it for Former HUGE PES Fans like myself....

Well thats true both of you. But DJ my fifa copy isnt working properly and most of the time it doesnt so i had to play this. Tbh i cant go without playing a football game so i had to do that.

About chimps OF well i have the 360 version so not sure how ill transfer his OF onto it?

fifa one month ago in carrefour was 19.50 euro, and pes 2008 39 euro... i still play pes from the day i found it...

PES 5 IS THE BEST VERSION SO FAR - GREAT FOR REALISM - JUST NEEDED A FEW TWEAKS, LIKE COMMENTARY, AND BETTER GRAPHICS EG; PITCHES.

PES 2008 CHEATS WITH THE AI - even your own players aren't on your side, they don't run into space looking for a pass and run away from apponents when they have the ball - IT'S A JOKE!

WHY CAN'T THEY PRODUCE A GAME THAT DOESN'T CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!

Agree completely. I used to play FIFA, but I used to play for hours PES demos of PES 3, 4 and 5, then I bought PES 5 finally in 2006, and it was just like crazy, so perfect! I buy PES every two years, so that I'm not buying a shitty game every year. But I might buck the trend if FIFA on the PC is not next-gen...:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom