PES2008 is getting boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a simulation, get FM08. If you just have a PC, do not get FIFA for it. They just ported the PS2 version to the PC so it is terrible. It's nothing like the 360 version.

You could always try to out-do your previous Master League. I scored 150+ goals in my previous Master League. I'm now trying to beat that.

You could also try to keep a clean sheet every game, which is a nice challenge. You know how the CPU can score from corner kicks and free kicks.

Mate, I know what you are talking about. Master League after about 6 seasons loses its fun & shine & challenge. No longer is it a challenge to face Barca in semis or final of the champions league, you win every game by 5 goals, and the league becomes a challenge to see if you can keep your goals scored average above 4-5 per game.

The problem as I see it, is that the computer teams just don't develop their squads at all. Obviously the coding for the computer to develop its squad isn't that extensive, in terms of formation, strategy, players, etc.

Thus you slowly refine and develope your team and players into an great team, whilst everyone else just turns to shit. Everything becomes easy. So it all starts out so interesting, but after a few seasons just gets boring and no challenge.

The only reason you keep playing, is that special element that PES games seem to have. Its that sort of unpredictability in games, its a certain magic that FIFA lacks (even though its a great game). Its that feeling when you score a goal you feel like ripping your shirt off and running around the room, that FIFA doesn't quite give you.

Now after 5 seasons of the master league that feeling is gone.

The only thing I can recommend to you, is to make some of your own cups. Fill them with the BEST club teams, I like 32 team single match knockout. Play as one of your favourites, perhaps avoid playing as teams like Barca if you want more of a challenge.

You'll soon find that magic that you've lost as the games are challenging and exciting.

The only reason you keep playing, is that special element that PES games seem to have. Its that sort of unpredictability in games, its a certain magic that FIFA lacks (even though its a great game). Its that feeling when you score a goal you feel like ripping your shirt off and running around the room, that FIFA doesn't quite give you.
Pro Evo USED to do that to me Pre 2008.... in 2008 you could hit a half arsed shot and watch the stupid goalie fumble it into the goal..... I am not taking my shirt off for that ;)

Yeah stay with fifa 08, you little boy. :DUMMY: Seriously, people who say FIFA 08 is better than PES2008 do really need some medical attention.
PES is (still) in every way so much better than FIFA. Till PES6 FIFA had only the better graphics, well even that is history now. FIFA cant compete with the gameplay and realism of PES since ISS (International Superstar Soccer). And it even got worse for EA since Konami released ISS Pro Evolution.
I can imagine you like FIFA games more (because its easier), but dont say its better than PES. Because you're only fooling yourself.

Mate, I know what you are talking about. Master League after about 6 seasons loses its fun & shine & challenge. No longer is it a challenge to face Barca in semis or final of the champions league, you win every game by 5 goals, and the league becomes a challenge to see if you can keep your goals scored average above 4-5 per game.

The problem as I see it, is that the computer teams just don't develop their squads at all. Obviously the coding for the computer to develop its squad isn't that extensive, in terms of formation, strategy, players, etc.

Thus you slowly refine and develope your team and players into an great team, whilst everyone else just turns to shit. Everything becomes easy. So it all starts out so interesting, but after a few seasons just gets boring and no challenge.

Now after 5 seasons of the master league that feeling is gone.

The only thing I can recommend to you, is to make some of your own cups. Fill them with the BEST club teams, I like 32 team single match knockout. Play as one of your favourites, perhaps avoid playing as teams like Barca if you want more of a challenge.

You'll soon find that magic that you've lost as the games are challenging and exciting.

turn off player development
dont reload
start with castello
Then youll never win Champions League before your 5th season at best

Now that is a challenge. I might try that once I'm done with my current ML. Thanks for the tip, hellenes.

Yeah stay with fifa 08, you little boy. :DUMMY: Seriously, people who say FIFA 08 is better than PES2008 do really need some medical attention.
PES is (still) in every way so much better than FIFA. Till PES6 FIFA had only the better graphics, well even that is history now. FIFA cant compete with the gameplay and realism of PES since ISS (International Superstar Soccer). And it even got worse for EA since Konami released ISS Pro Evolution.
I can imagine you like FIFA games more (because its easier), but dont say its better than PES. Because you're only fooling yourself.

I think I just threw up a little bit...Are you actually serious?? I don't like FIFA either, but PES is a blatant rip-off and goes against everything that PES stood for over the years. Mate, if I'm in need of medical attention, what the hell do you need? A lobotomy?

Rip-off?! Did you check if you got the right medicine?! Be specific, what rip-off are you talkin about? Besides you should try to learn read & understand, because im talkin about PES is (still) better than FIFA. Maybe you need a lobotomy yourself, huh? :X

i agree...... pes2008 is getting boring..
it's the frist year that i'm getting board from pes after 3 monthes he just released.. the best game ever that turned out to be just a game :\

I don't like PES 2008, it seems they struggled more with the graphics than is necessary and have taken many steps back in terms of gameplay.

FIFA is good for online games. I always say; a multiplayer game of noughts and crosses can be fun simply because of the social interaction (and competitive spirit within all of us). That's no achievement - and PES 2008 has poor online capabilities which prevent it from being as viable an option.

Grow Up mate!!, you ask most of Evo Web and they will tell you PES 2008 is awful! FIFA 08 Next Gen on 360 is what most people on Evo Web play!

You PES Fanboy, go suck your own dummy.... its because of people like you that PES2008 is as bad as it is! Seabass and co take your money, hear that people like you are happy and are still Anti-FIFA and they continue to churn out bullshit games. PES USED to be the best game going (even with the AI cheating) but now its an arcade fest! how you can tell me its a good game is beyond me mate.

Ive been playing PES/ISS since day 1 so I know what im talking about as well. Check out Jack Bauer's sig, that tells you more so as to why PES is shite!

Last edited:
Lol this banter is actually still going on?

Can't wait til the fifa 09 v pes 2009 banter begins haha.

Ive been playing PES/ISS since day 1 so I know what im talking about as well. Check out Jack Bauer's sig, that tells you more so as to why PES is shite!
It's not shite, it simply doesn't live up to expectations and in the engine shift it has lost a lot - but it's still the same, annoying game as every other version - and in that respect, despite all of its faults, is still better than FIFA.

...at least offline.

Grow Up mate!!, you ask most of Evo Web and they will tell you PES 2008 is awful! FIFA 08 Next Gen on 360 is what most people on Evo Web play!

You PES Fanboy, go suck your own dummy.... its because of people like you that PES2008 is as bad as it is! Seabass and co take your money, hear that people like you are happy and are still Anti-FIFA and they continue to churn out bullshit games. PES USED to be the best game going (even with the AI cheating) but now its an arcade fest! how you can tell me its a good game is beyond me mate.

Talkin about grow up. :X You should learn to read. Never said PES 2008 is great, its just still better than FIFA. Nothing about being a fanboy, just being objective. Other than you calling FIFA2008 better than PES2008. Thats not being objective, you hypocrit.
Also blaming "guys like me" (as if it should make sense) for a game being bad than before, thats what i call being childish. As i said before, you should learn to read and not just assuming things, thats for dummy's.

Ive played all Konami's ISS(snes) till PES2008(PS3/PC), and i even had some FIFA games(98-01-06 and even 08) so i know what im talkin about. EA's FIFA games never could compete with the gameplay and the realism of PES. The only advantage it had was the graphics and the team license, but even that is history.

You can have my dummy if you want?:DUMMY:

Last edited:
lol nope... I still dont know how you can say PES is better than FIFA.... OLD PES's were for sure brilliant experiences but I think EA has done a GOOD Job this time round.

And ummmm yeah thanks for that stupid Dummy filled reply you N00B!

Last edited:
lol nope... I still dont know how you can say PES is better than FIFA.... OLD PES's were for sure brilliant experiences but I think EA has done a GOOD Job this time round.

In the same way Konami should not be praised for mediocrity, EASports should not be praised for improving slightly upon a tired franchise that has been stagnant for many, many years. PES is going through a lull, FIFA is polishing a turd. There is a crucial difference that will show through in later versions.

For one, FIFA hasn't changed - it's still the on-rails experience where player attributes and tactics mean diddly squat (at least relative to the experience offered by a PES game).

Two, FIFA's engine is still positively awful (particularly on the PC). The textures are of low resolution, the players are of poor proportions and the animations/interactions are as canned as they come. They have gotten better and better in polishing this area up (as evidenced in the latest previews) but what they haven't been able to do (as evidenced in the latest previews) is mask this linerity from the user. So a dummy move is not a spontanous act, it's a 'special action' that's pulled out of the bag and plays out in linear fashion.

Certainly they are on the right track, the last few FIFA's have been ripping off PES left right and centre and that's good for competition but it's hardly inspiring.

Everyones entitled to enjoy what they want - and that's a subjective argument - but the underlying mechanics of FIFA pale in comparison to PES regardless of its faults and this is why people still persevere with it.

In the same way Konami should not be praised for mediocrity, EASports should not be praised for improving slightly upon a tired franchise that has been stagnant for many, many years. PES is going through a lull, FIFA is polishing a turd. There is a crucial difference that will show through in later versions.

For one, FIFA hasn't changed - it's still the on-rails experience where player attributes and tactics mean diddly squat (at least relative to the experience offered by a PES game).

Two, FIFA's engine is still positively awful (particularly on the PC). The textures are of low resolution, the players are of poor proportions and the animations/interactions are as canned as they come. They have gotten better and better in polishing this area up (as evidenced in the latest previews) but what they haven't been able to do (as evidenced in the latest previews) is mask this linerity from the user. So a dummy move is not a spontanous act, it's a 'special action' that's pulled out of the bag and plays out in linear fashion.

Certainly they are on the right track, the last few FIFA's have been ripping off PES left right and centre and that's good for competition but it's hardly inspiring.

Everyones entitled to enjoy what they want - and that's a subjective argument - but the underlying mechanics of FIFA pale in comparison to PES regardless of its faults and this is why people still persevere with it.
umm read my earlier post.. I said NEXT GEN on 360!! NOT Current Gen FIFA on PC! Next Gen FIFA is NOT on rails, not as much as PES is.

Jesus christ Dave leave them, they will never see the light untill they score from a lovely attacking move where 4 of your team mates help build up the play!:)

And I said particularly not exclusively. There is a difference. I'm talking about all iterations of FIFA since 2002 on all platforms. I've been playing FIFA all my life, since the very first version and I've had this discussion with many people throughout my life. Liking FIFA is a-ok in my book, I dabble with it from time to time, it does some things better. In a sense I treat it as a toy that's fun for a limited time before you go back to your sandpit (PES).

I've given you a couple of posts to respond to and illustrate why FIFA is better and you didn't bite and provide reasons, you merely argue against PES (which you could have done with every one of the previous outings fyi - but is easier this time around as EASports have made a 'better' version of their franchise and Konami have made a 'poorer' version of theirs).

I was thinking about buying something like FM2008 or something, just because i kinda like the buy players and stuff, but i seriously am sick of playing pes2008, it got so damn boring.
Well, I play both - they are two different things. Sometimes the desire to control your characters is greater, others you like the greater simulation that has much more depth and gravitas.

And I said particularly not exclusively. There is a difference. I'm talking about all iterations of FIFA since 2002 on all platforms. I've been playing FIFA all my life, since the very first version and I've had this discussion with many people throughout my life. Liking FIFA is a-ok in my book, I dabble with it from time to time, it does some things better. In a sense I treat it as a toy that's fun for a limited time before you go back to your sandpit (PES).

I've given you a couple of posts to respond to and illustrate why FIFA is better and you didn't bite and provide reasons, you merely argue against PES (which you could have done with every one of the previous outings fyi - but is easier this time around as EASports have made a 'better' version of their franchise and Konami have made a 'poorer' version of theirs).

Well, I play both - they are two different things. Sometimes the desire to control your characters is greater, others you like the greater simulation that has much more depth and gravitas.
Woah woah woah woah woahhhh!! For years and years and years and fucking more years ive hated FIFA.... Its been awful at best. Ive been a HUGE fan of PES for many years but since PES6 Xbox 360 (lots of cut content) and the arcade fest that is PES2008 ive turned to FIFA Next Gen and for me it hasnt disappointed. Players actually feel like they have weight and that you have to work with them, They dont feel like they are on a scripted CPU path and get 'Stuck' (always happens on PES) and you cant stop it. The shooting on PES2008 in particular is Diabolical.... The keepers are 100% Retards and cant save simple shots, the gameplay engine feels lifeless and not like PES6 did.

FIFA 08 has its flaws (on 360), Response times are annoying and you have the odd mad CPU moment plus dodgy keeper every now and then BUT EA are moving in the RIGHT Direction.... Konami are not moving with the times or making the MOST of the hardware thats available to them.....

Nuff said :SHAKE:

Woah woah woah woah woahhhh!! For years and years and years and fucking more years ive hated FIFA.... Its been awful at best. Ive been a HUGE fan of PES for many years but since PES6 Xbox 360 (lots of cut content) and the arcade fest that is PES2008 ive turned to FIFA Next Gen and for me it hasnt disappointed. Players actually feel like they have weight and that you have to work with them, They dont feel like they are on a scripted CPU path and get 'Stuck' (always happens on PES) and you cant stop it. The shooting on PES2008 in particular is Diabolical.... The keepers are 100% Retards and cant save simple shots, the gameplay engine feels lifeless and not like PES6 did.

FIFA 08 has its flaws (on 360), Response times are annoying and you have the odd mad CPU moment plus dodgy keeper every now and then BUT EA are moving in the RIGHT Direction.... Konami are not moving with the times or making the MOST of the hardware thats available to them.....

I feel that you purposely ignore the corpses the baggy big assed ugly players...the tennis like trajectories the ugly flat and all the same player feel....
PES2008 is bad but it has a long way down to meet the utter crap that FIFA is on its base level...

I guess we have differing opinions and we should just leave it at that. I still dont know how you can say PES2008 with its Ultra Arcade gameplay and cartoon graphics can be better than FIFA 08 Next Gen.... Yep FIFA's player models are an eye sore (only when close up) and to a degree yes all players feel the same BUT there is something about FIFA which keeps a huge percentage of this forum coming back to it... especially online, its awesome when we do an Evo Web 5 on 5 match!

@Kezz, yep good idea to close this one. The other thread was made to bait people like myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom