PES vs FIFA analytical discussion/differences

In my opinion yes it is, I try the new games every year on pc and ps3 and I never enjoy them as much. I try to persevere with different patches but still something is missing. I thought I would give FIFA a real go this year in CM mode but after half a season (not much i know)I was finding that under all the gloss I just wasn't enjoying it. PES has to be patched to be good but for me it is still not as fun for me as PES5 on ps2.

I think what I like about PES5 is that it is a proper contact game, barging people off the ball, conceding free kicks when under pressure. A lot of people dont like the whîstle happy ref but for me, a 10 min game with 5 free kicks either side is better than a 15 mins game with 1 free kick.

Maybe it's just the chemistry that me and my brother have when we play.

We played a game the other day, I was Spain and he was China, he went one nil up after about 20 mins and the it was just attack after attack from us but he was defending well and hitting us on the break. He had a man go down injured but I refused to kick the ball out until the ref stopped it. All sorts of things happening. Then Torres popped up with injury time equaliser and Silva won it for Spain in extra time.

I came out of the we9le because of the lagging but i might go back again once they have sorted out their new patch.

As I said its just my personal opinion but every year I keep going back to PES5

I agree about FIFA. For me its online only these days. It is fun multiplayer IMO.

PES is good IMO and Id rather play PES 2013 single than PES5. Though PES5 is still good with freinds I couldnt see me sitting doing a master league in it again.

That's fair enough.

Have you seen this thread http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2622165#post2622165 ?

Just ordered PES6 for pc as this patch looks very good.

I was doing a mastewr league on a pathced pes 6 last year.

I was enjoying it and even moreso with mates great game. But tbh I am really enjoying pes 2013 atm offline. And fifa online.

I wouldnt say they are better than old pes games but they are still fresh and i am enjoying them so i just play them.

are u really sure pes5 is still playable and better.

i was in we9le league but gave up as i decided new fifa was better and now also prob pes 13.

After playing a good amount of FIFA 13 on both the 360 and PC, I'd much rather play a patched version of PES 6 (or PES 2013 for that matter). FIFA is certainly more advanced than the older PES titles, but offline it's one of the most sterile, predictable experiences you can have with a football game. No thank you. If FIFA didn't have Pro Clubs, I wouldn't have played it religiously these past four years. PES 2013/PES 5/WE:LE/6 are miles ahead when it comes to offline play.

Last edited:
yes i agree i dont play fifa offline at all

but id rather fifa online and pes 13 than pes5

After playing a good amount of FIFA 13 on both the 360 and PC, I'd much rather play a patched version of PES 6 (or PES 2013 for that matter). FIFA is certainly more advanced than the older PES titles, but offline it's one of the most sterile, predictable experiences you can have with a football game. No thank you. If FIFA didn't have Pro Clubs, I wouldn't have played it religiously these past four years. PES 2013/PES 5/WE:LE/6 are miles ahead when it comes to offline play.

I totally agree with this statement.

Maybe it's more a matter of taste? Not bashing, but for my taste, as elaborated by others, FIFA is quite predictable and wooden. I can see why it's so popular though (apart from the marketing budget) - it's gratifying if you don't want to go too deep into the game, and it's ridiculously easy to score stunning goals. Plus, the eye candy factor is high.

I'm in my 40's (:SHOCK:) and I need something deeper. Whilst PES has some annoying flaws and absurd restrictions, gameplay-wise it is more difficult to pick-up but oh-so satisfying and EXPRESSIVE once you've become accustomed. Every now and then I will try to get into another game, but I always come straight back to PES. However I only play online. Offline in both games is pretty soul-less and predictable.

I've converted several of my friends from FIFA to PES based purely on gameplay and we regularly meet-up online for sessions. It's simply fantastic fun when you are playing like-minded people on zero-assist.

I used to spend hours analysing PES over FIFA, literally full pages on here and PES Gaming and WENB about this and that, with video footage and comment.

I just don't care about the debate from my side anymore. FIFA can't do anything better apart from the presentation. Playability, I honestly can't even begin to understand people that can play FIFA, season after season, in comparison to PES. So I don't even try anymore.

im the same, i used to love PES and defend it to the hilt and slate FIFA users..now I only play FFIA..PES for me has too many aspects that spoil it weather its the lame keepers or the constant through balls...i just except each to their own

Back
Top Bottom