PES vs FIFA analytical discussion/differences

try playing pes 13 without any help, play various games.
return to FIFA. and comment. :SMUG:

any help? what u mean?

YES PES 13 is by far the best pes game since pes5..look at my username lol I am pes4lyfe not fifa4lyfe but i been enjoying fifa10/11 and before then only played up to pes5/6.

I hope pes13 full product is as amazing as it seems just need to improve dribbling animations and game atmosphere and commentary and presentations.

no, I mean the physical, movement and player animations, (FIFA) has nothing to do with sliders.

yes thats true i was reffering to the apset of shots alwasy going same direction or on target...with sliders and on manual shots/passes can go literally anywhere lots of freedom and variety.

I find the dribbling animations in fifa far superior to pes pes looks robotic and silly.

well, yes...
but u wrote about single player and thats a winner for pes
player development and master league is better than fifa, more immersion
player individualism adds to this point
then again player AI is better in fifa, your choice

Could be true I think playing agaisnt cpu in fifa is repetiive more or less..PES is more dynamic.

This year I will play PES 13 I think single player and online and fifa 13 online now and then.

played a lot pes 13 demo and fifa 12 back to back tonight and pes 13 is really a different class the on rails and linearity of fifa becomes really more noticeable. Looking forward to full game, pes has been shit for long time don tkwno excalty what they have done for pes 13 to make it good again? but long overdue

ye, compared to 012 for me its like a different developer studio made the demo :P

Its like the game pes7/2008 was meant to be....goodness knows what happeneded between pes 6 until now...this was meant to be the first next gen game...its taken about 5 years to late tho haha

yes thats true i was reffering to the apset of shots alwasy going same direction or on target...with sliders and on manual shots/passes can go literally anywhere lots of freedom and variety.

I find the dribbling animations in fifa far superior to pes pes looks robotic and silly.

I think in demo, they look more normal now at last :P

Yeah fifa is like trying to simulate each point of player's body, but it sometimes does not really look natural to me, but just like flexible, elastic or something

Try to use tall and slow defender in fifa 12 to dribble and use R3 knock ahead dribble.. tell me how you think, me it looks funny :P Though in some other part of dribbling it looks very nice.

I aint saying FIFA is perfect just when u run on pes its like a very unnatural robotic animation when watchng the game...sometimes on replays it looks normal though. Tbh that and the lack of atmosphere and the sound of the ball are my only gripes though, game seems class.

I dont like the cameras though, wide is to far zoomed out and long/normal whatever its called is to close and angled to much head down.

I like long/normal? but with a bit more zoom out and tilted a bit so its not so much angled onto the picth but angled a bit more up to the far away stand.....I guess on PC there will be a tool to fix camera like this?

As for sounds and atmosphere prob improved by a patch? BUt everytime I tried a patch in PES 2010,11,12 it just crashed my master league so thats unusable..

Last edited:
u already can boost sound with jenkey unlocker, when i play with headphones i can hear all the touches clearly and they differ from each other ;)

and u can modify cam angles and everything with the tool by mxsonic, but i play on unmodified pitch side cam, not too bad

Yup, but sometimes i find it funny how the sound the ball when a player is making several quick touches.. Sure, playing in PC just makes me realise that little tweak on the sound and such a thing like texture, pitch, atmosphere.. really brings the demo/match to a new level. This seems like an medium, low, or possiblbly no cost effort that konami can give a proper look.

Enjoying the thread, pes4lyfe.

I find both games have their good and bad points. I find FIFA 12 good and, so far, the PES 2013 demo.

I just wish that in FIFA there were more fouls committed by the CPU. I loved (and still do) PES 5 because of the amount of fouls. Sometimes a game would flow well and other times it would be stop/start just like real life. Some say that you can draw the fouls in FIFA but what about the niggly ones when one person catches another person on the heel by mistake. That used to happen in PES 5 for the human player and the CPU.

I have noticed in PES 2013 there are hardly any fouls by CPU unless for offside. I hope they sort that out and the same is for FIFA aswell. Because it is good to get a few free kicks around the box.

That is just a minor issue though.

Overall I like them both but would be easier if one was rubbish then I could stick to playing one rather than drift between the two.

Overall I like them both but would be easier if one was rubbish then I could stick to playing one rather than drift between the two.

I agree with that...funnily we complain there aint enough footy games and want a 3rd developer...but at end of day we can only really play 1...we can play 2 or 3 but better to focus/master 1.

As for fouls FIFA is crap 1 foul per game..though u can draw out fouls aroudn box by doing certain skill moves or moving certain ways, but rarely any midfeild niggly fouls as u say.

Anyway I suck at free kicks on fifa and never score...whereas on PES i am a free kick master....not played PES proparly for years but always got plenty free kicks epseiclaly on pes5 bit to many

Me and my brother still play PES 5 to this day and there are still things that happen that surprise us and have us giggling like a couple of girls. The other month my brother had a penalty against me which hit the post but my goalie thought it had gone in and he was on his knees shaking his head, only for his other player to whack the rebound at my goalie and the ball bounced in off his head. May not be realistic but it's things like that that I love about the old PES.

I am hoping to get my brother into the new PES or FIFA but he only has PS2.

What do you play yours on? I have ordered FIFA for ps3 but PES for pc as the patches make a big difference.

Me and my brother still play PES 5 to this day and there are still things that happen that surprise us and have us giggling like a couple of girls. The other month my brother had a penalty against me which hit the post but my goalie thought it had gone in and he was on his knees shaking his head, only for his other player to whack the rebound at my goalie and the ball bounced in off his head. May not be realistic but it's things like that that I love about the old PES.

I am hoping to get my brother into the new PES or FIFA but he only has PS2.

What do you play yours on? I have ordered FIFA for ps3 but PES for pc as the patches make a big difference.

I know what u mean.

Not played PEs since 5/6 tbh gave up fotty games until fifa 11 and Fifa WC as i foudn them playeable...enjoy fifa 12 with sldiers but now that PES is BACK!! I will be back on pes unless FIFA 13 offers something special not just a fifa12 upgrade.

If you have FIFA on PC, get Fidel's Gameplay Evo 6.0 patch. (you can download it from here: http://speedy.sh/Bwqrz/FIFA-12-ADV-GP-EVO-AI-6-D-pub.rar)

It changes FIFA 12 medicority into greatness. Seriously. It even tops FIFA 11 on PC now :D.

And teams do foul... a lot ;) (wouldn't be surprised if you saw 12 yellows and few reds in your game).

On consoles you're quite unlucky though ;).

Its better than placebos slider edit? I download one gameplay EVO mod but it wasnt much notceiable difference to me..enjoying placebos sldiers...but i can try this ?

Edit installed spefcial version? whats difference..said normal or special

Last edited:
Played 1 game with the patch but also edited placebo sliders..dunno if meant to play on default..

Hard to notice what excalty it does? Game seems a bit more slow tempo, randomness and realistic compared to default.

Shots on shot power 51 seemed quite weak..

Main thing I notice was keepers shocking!!! Hitting shots stratight at ehm with no power and they dive out the way and save it with there feet etc..wtf lol

If you have FIFA on PC, get Fidel's Gameplay Evo 6.0 patch. (you can download it from here: http://speedy.sh/Bwqrz/FIFA-12-ADV-GP-EVO-AI-6-D-pub.rar)

It changes FIFA 12 medicority into greatness. Seriously. It even tops FIFA 11 on PC now :D.

And teams do foul... a lot ;) (wouldn't be surprised if you saw 12 yellows and few reds in your game).

On consoles you're quite unlucky though ;).

Thanks for the info, i have down loaded it and installed but keeps crashing. It won't get past the training bit.

I download one gameplay EVO mod but it wasnt much notceiable difference to me.

Me too, i downloaded one a couple of months ago which said there was more fouls but there wasn't.

Played 1 game with the patch but also edited placebo sliders..dunno if meant to play on default..

Hard to notice what excalty it does? Game seems a bit more slow tempo, randomness and realistic compared to default.

Shots on shot power 51 seemed quite weak..

Main thing I notice was keepers shocking!!! Hitting shots stratight at ehm with no power and they dive out the way and save it with there feet etc..wtf lol

How about foul count?

I don't want to sound obsessed with fouls :CONFUSE: but...fouls is part of football :APPLAUD:

How about foul count?

I don't want to sound obsessed with fouls :CONFUSE: but...fouls is part of football :APPLAUD:

yeh there was a few more niggly fouls but nothing major, cant really see exaclty what it does but CPU seem a bit more varied and clever.

THey will even pass back or turn back and stuff rather than just always go forward..

Also game seems to be slower tempo and perhaps more random things happen?

1 game so hard to judge plus I was playing with edited sldiders maybe I am meant to play on 50 default?

Just played PES demo with Jenkey's patch, the CPU made 3 fouls :APPLAUD:

Oddly enough i was 2-1 up in the 81st minute and they had a corner which their goalkeeper took :CONFUSE: i have never seen that before by CPU.

Maybe PES IS back :BOP:

yeh there was a few more niggly fouls but nothing major, cant really see exaclty what it does but CPU seem a bit more varied and clever.

THey will even pass back or turn back and stuff rather than just always go forward..

Also game seems to be slower tempo and perhaps more random things happen?

1 game so hard to judge plus I was playing with edited sldiders maybe I am meant to play on 50 default?

Maybe you will have to play a whole season to spot what the difference is :))

Just played PES demo with Jenkey's patch, the CPU made 3 fouls :APPLAUD:

Oddly enough i was 2-1 up in the 81st minute and they had a corner which their goalkeeper took :CONFUSE: i have never seen that before by CPU.

Maybe PES IS back :BOP:

Got link to jenkey patch? didnt someone say there is an even better patch? what it do anyway?

Maybe you will have to play a whole season to spot what the difference is :))

will do my career but not sure if i should put sliders back to 50? or keep placebos?

Got link to jenkey patch? didnt someone say there is an even better patch? what it do anyway?

will do my career but not sure if i should put sliders back to 50? or keep placebos?

The main thing is there are 50 teams unlocked but i'll let you look at thread to get a better view of what it does.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68363

I think you should try with 50 sliders and then try with placebo's maybe a few games with each. I can't get mine to work, keeps crashing.

It's funny how these threads sometimes steer off topic.

To get it back on topic, i prefer the animation in fifa, it looks like a real match. But i prefer the faces in pes, fifa's faces have always looked zombie like.

The main thing is there are 50 teams unlocked but i'll let you look at thread to get a better view of what it does.

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68363

I think you should try with 50 sliders and then try with placebo's maybe a few games with each. I can't get mine to work, keeps crashing.

It's funny how these threads sometimes steer off topic.

To get it back on topic, i prefer the animation in fifa, it looks like a real match. But i prefer the faces in pes, fifa's faces have always looked zombie like.

cheers yeh ill do that on my career, evaluate it

i plY PES 13 WITH PATCH AND i love it...i go back and play fifa 12 with patch...i love it.

2 amazing footy games,

fifa13 + pes13 will be amazing....gonna be crazy..wtf? career+master league..do i have time for both?

pes 13 is the most amazing beautiful enjoyable replication of football in a video game...i am hooked on this...anyone else feeling this also?

pes 13 is the most amazing beautiful enjoyable replication of football in a video game...i am hooked on this...anyone else feeling this also?

nope, the goalkeepers are still messed up, animations are still poor although improved and the ball on a string is still happening...its beter but its far from how you describe it IMO

Agreed. The game is pretty fun at the moment, its been a while since i got that 'one more game' feeling; for the last game on an outdated engine, it's doing pretty well. However, even if pes 2013 is actually good, i kinda expected it to be like this. Im hoping PES 2014 will change that, giving that wow factor back.

Last edited:

Yeah the "PC PES 13 DEMO" is awesome, but so have previous demos from the last few years and yet somehow Konami managed to ruin the full game.

Hopefully the PC version keeps the current feel it has now and we don't get the sped-up console version come October.

Back
Top Bottom