PES vs FIFA analytical discussion/differences

The main problem I have with Fifa is that when I'm dribbling with the ball it seems to be directly between my players feet and he will take a touch randomly with either foot whereas with PES I always feel I can protect the ball properly as I know a player like Robben will always favor his left foot and I can judge how hes going to touch the ball.

I meant its realistic in the way the game plays out formation wise, randomness wise not animational wise and goalkeeper wise.

For me this game when i change formation or change players it has a huge impact on the game....I like to play 3-5-2 with 2 attacking mids and 2 wide mids adn 1 def mid...well i played a game other day with default formation of a team 4-4-1-1 with no side players and 1 atack mid..i could not get in the game at all....i changed formation and booom im dominating the macth now....i then decide that i need pace on wings so substitute fast players into wide mid positions and BOOM not only am i domiantin gi can easily get down the wing and make crosses in.

For me the players indivuailty and team formation really has huge effects on the game much moreso than fifa....also the way the game pans out,,passing abou tlooking for space etc..etc..it plays very life like to me IMO.

As for the game changing demo to retail? I am using patch jenky tool cant we use that anyway in full retail.

Overall goalies might not be great, drubbling animation unrealistic...but for me the way the game plays out on the pitch and the tacitcal stuff is very realistic

I am using patch jenky tool cant we use that anyway in full retail?

I am pleased you are enjoying Jenkey's tool. No doubt he will release one for the retail version :BOP:

That is the reason i have ordered Fifa for PS3 and PES for pc. Without Jenkey's tool i would order for PS3 instead.

When is PES due out by the way?

I am pleased you are enjoying Jenkey's tool. No doubt he will release one for the retail version :BOP:

That is the reason i have ordered Fifa for PS3 and PES for pc. Without Jenkey's tool i would order for PS3 instead.

When is PES due out by the way?

well fifa is better on pc also..i have proevo patch? thing and better gfx and faster loading...

The past couple of years in sports games all I really play is the Be a Pro, My Player type modes. I know FIFA has career mode where you can be a player on a team and PES has Become a Legend. So as someone who's really only going to be playing those modes, I'd like to know which game has the better one? Thanks!

The past couple of years in sports games all I really play is the Be a Pro, My Player type modes. I know FIFA has career mode where you can be a player on a team and PES has Become a Legend. So as someone who's really only going to be playing those modes, I'd like to know which game has the better one? Thanks!

I prefer the camera andgle and gameplay for controlling just oneplayer in pes better

well fifa is better on pc also..i have proevo patch? thing and better gfx and faster loading...

I have FIFA 12 on ps3 but decided to get it on pc aswell because of the gameplay patches but IMO I dont find much difference. I know that people like new faces and things but the main thing for me was to sort out the free kick issue that we mentioned earlier. I installed a patch which was supposed to make refs stricter but I still find zero or one free kick each match which I find the most annoying thing.

Yep the loading is faster which is good.

I think that the patches benefit PES more because of unlicensed teams and I think that the gameplay is better with a few tweaks.;)

I have FIFA 12 on ps3 but decided to get it on pc aswell because of the gameplay patches but IMO I dont find much difference. I know that people like new faces and things but the main thing for me was to sort out the free kick issue that we mentioned earlier. I installed a patch which was supposed to make refs stricter but I still find zero or one free kick each match which I find the most annoying thing.

Yep the loading is faster which is good.

I think that the patches benefit PES more because of unlicensed teams and I think that the gameplay is better with a few tweaks.;)

sure as for fifa 12 patch i am using now its free kick every minute its actually making me want to uninstall it as u get yellow cards for just walking inot a player comical,,1-2 red cards ever other game...needs balance between no fould and ott fouls/yellows

sure as for fifa 12 patch i am using now its free kick every minute its actually making me want to uninstall it as u get yellow cards for just walking inot a player comical,,1-2 red cards ever other game...needs balance between no fould and ott fouls/yellows

What patch are you using?

Probably what I recommended him :D.

Gameplay Evolution 6 from Fidel (obtainable on Soccergaming forums).

@pes4lyfe you can tune it. Will give you details tomorrow.

As found every touch turning into foul annoying too.

Probably what I recommended him :D.

Gameplay Evolution 6 from Fidel (obtainable on Soccergaming forums).

@pes4lyfe you can tune it. Will give you details tomorrow.

As found every touch turning into foul annoying too.

Thanks for the info, info0 :))

I installed patch from when you mentioned it before but game keeps crashing, it won't go past the training screen. :CRY:

I will re-install when i get a chance.

Nah, there is a trick to it.

Reinstall the game. Don't install the gameplay patch yet.

Start the game, skip past tutorial (quit it). Save your profile.

Install gameplay patch now.

Start the game. Should work fine now. (it's known issue since forever with Fidel patch for FIFA 12 and that workaround works).

Nah, there is a trick to it.

Reinstall the game. Don't install the gameplay patch yet.

Start the game, skip past tutorial (quit it). Save your profile.

Install gameplay patch now.

Start the game. Should work fine now. (it's known issue since forever with Fidel patch for FIFA 12 and that workaround works).

Hi, i did what you said and it works fine now. The foul count has much improved :APPLAUD:

Thanks info0

Did you say that there is a way to tweak the amount of yellow and red cards?

It is a bit too many now.

Lies :) There is nothing better than PES with patches on PC.. Especially with yair gameplay, 3000 faces, jenkey tools, new stadiums and thousand different mods.

Lies :) There is nothing better than PES with patches on PC.. Especially with yair gameplay, 3000 faces, jenkey tools, new stadiums and thousand different mods.

I think pes4lyfe is referring to FIFA being better on pc than ps3, the same as PES is better on pc than ps3. Because of the patches ;)

u misread fifa is better on pc than fifa on console...nothing to do with pes

Hi, i did what you said and it works fine now. The foul count has much improved :APPLAUD:

Thanks info0

Did you say that there is a way to tweak the amount of yellow and red cards?

It is a bit too many now.

Yes, I did.

Open product.ini in notepad and find those lines:

RULES_PUSHPULL_MIN_COE_STRICTNESS = -0.19
RULES_PUSHPULL_MAX_COE_STRICTNESS = 0.9

Put the values like the ones above. Run i68 regenerator after this and regenerate.

Play the game. It's v. good now :).

Last edited:
still feel like th game is a bit "scripted" and "rigged". however i love PES, much more realistic, and not as "bolgy" as EA Sports FIFA Series . but i feel like the AI cheats to score, for example, yesterday i was playing the pes 2013 demo, i was tottenham, the cpu was chelsea, torres shot the ball of the post and it hit the other post and came back, my defender and keeper froze while torres slotted home his rebound ???? -_- . ridiculous .

Last edited:
torres scored? yes totally ridicoulous lol....well jokes old and hes back to scoring lol nevermind

Yes, I did.

Open product.ini in notepad and find those lines:

RULES_PUSHPULL_MIN_COE_STRICTNESS = -0.19
RULES_PUSHPULL_MAX_COE_STRICTNESS = 0.9

Put the values like the ones above. Run i68 regenerator after this and regenerate.

Play the game. It's v. good now :).

Thanks again info0, I did what you said but still getting a lot of bookings, maybe less for CPU. One thing I have noticed is that the CPU only seems to attack through the middle not many crosses now.

having played both games for a while now i conclude:

PES is better game single player
FIFA is more fun online.

I find PES far more varied in gameplay. FIFA though it has some randomness the build up play leading to chances feels totally repetitive against CPU though not so bad vs humans.

PES even against CPU is much more variant and feels more varied all over the pitch. Not played much online though so cant comment but I find FIFA more fun online for some reason.

Maybe FIFA is the better game but the CPU AI is so poor it makes it feel crap it only comes alive when its human vs human? Whereas PES is not as great a techinal game but the CPU AI and overall AI is better excuted making the game more enjoyable than FIFA single player

Also i think the picth seems to small and player models to big on fifa. Like overscaled player size and underscaled picth size.

PEs the players are smaller and pictch bigger enables more space and feels more real.

FIFA can feel caustaphobic at times, maybe its cause i use dynamic camera though tbh but i find that the best one so??

FIFA 13 is anything but realistc.

It too arcadey now. Its just none stop end to end attacking. Defending is terrible, turning and movement is also bad.

Its too overrated.

FIFA 13 is anything but realistc.

It too arcadey now. Its just none stop end to end attacking. Defending is terrible, turning and movement is also bad.

Its too overrated.

yeh IMO fifa is non existant in the middle of the park its all about having the ball around the penalty area and try to make attack (+ counter attacks)

Pes the game plays all over the park

Having played both games now for a while on pc and ps3, I find both games have many flaws, FIFA lacks depth for me after initially seeming quite good I found myself getting a bit frustrated, couldn't quite put my finger on it. PES I find very disappointing having played patched version on pc and also ps3 version. The game engine itself is still not as good as ps2 PES'.

So I have now gone back to editing PES 5 on my ps2. Started a knockout competition with my brother with all the teams and we are having so much fun again. Which is what both games should be, fun!

Having played both games now for a while on pc and ps3, I find both games have many flaws, FIFA lacks depth for me after initially seeming quite good I found myself getting a bit frustrated, couldn't quite put my finger on it. PES I find very disappointing having played patched version on pc and also ps3 version. The game engine itself is still not as good as ps2 PES'.

So I have now gone back to editing PES 5 on my ps2. Started a knockout competition with my brother with all the teams and we are having so much fun again. Which is what both games should be, fun!

are u really sure pes5 is still playable and better.

i was in we9le league but gave up as i decided new fifa was better and now also prob pes 13.

are u really sure pes5 is still playable and better.

i was in we9le league but gave up as i decided new fifa was better and now also prob pes 13.

In my opinion yes it is, I try the new games every year on pc and ps3 and I never enjoy them as much. I try to persevere with different patches but still something is missing. I thought I would give FIFA a real go this year in CM mode but after half a season (not much i know)I was finding that under all the gloss I just wasn't enjoying it. PES has to be patched to be good but for me it is still not as fun for me as PES5 on ps2.

I think what I like about PES5 is that it is a proper contact game, barging people off the ball, conceding free kicks when under pressure. A lot of people dont like the whîstle happy ref but for me, a 10 min game with 5 free kicks either side is better than a 15 mins game with 1 free kick.

Maybe it's just the chemistry that me and my brother have when we play.

We played a game the other day, I was Spain and he was China, he went one nil up after about 20 mins and the it was just attack after attack from us but he was defending well and hitting us on the break. He had a man go down injured but I refused to kick the ball out until the ref stopped it. All sorts of things happening. Then Torres popped up with injury time equaliser and Silva won it for Spain in extra time.

I came out of the we9le because of the lagging but i might go back again once they have sorted out their new patch.

As I said its just my personal opinion but every year I keep going back to PES5

Last edited:
I dont get the time to play much these days with my job and stuff but I was thinking about it the other day when I had a bit of time to patch PES and give it another go. The best way I could describe it is PES is like playing a full game and FIFA is like playing the highlights.
I'm not calling PES a sim becuase it simply isn't but it can be sim like boring. It is still miles away from when it was in it's prime and you could get lost for hours in it. I've had enough after 2 games which could be said for FIFA too

Back
Top Bottom