PES vs FIFA analytical discussion/differences

pes4lyfe

Champions League
4 July 2011
I know pes vs fifa threads are banned cause they are usually bashing each other but how about an intelligent discussion on the differences in the games.

I cant really pinpoint the differences well but they are two very different games yet IMO both very enjoyable with fifa 12 and PEs 13 demo at least.

PES feels in a way more open and natural whereas FIFA always has a more controlled feeling to it, which i find hard to explain. Like pes would be a nonlinear game and FIFA a more linear game.

However I still think running/dribbling in pes is a bit robotic weird.

I think the pitch and players and atmosphere seem more fun and enjoyable to look at and interact with on FIFA but on PES feels and looks more real as in the way the are and move is more real life like whereas FIFA always feels more like a game.

ANyway Im crap at explainign it but I used to hate FIFA and like PES. PES 13 seems good and FIFA is now a good game.

I dont know how they are different? WHat it is?

If you were selling the games to someone how would you explain them and there differences?

I think its bad to have two great football games. I now have to master 2 and dont have time to commit to two LOL..but I think FIFA 13/PES 13 will be best year for footy games ever.

Last edited:
pes is a simulation of the players and how they behave, also the game is trying year for year to reproduce the changes of football and and how the game shud be playd is changing

pes is a simulation of the players and how they behave, also the game is trying year for year to reproduce the changes of football and and how the game shud be playd is changing

SO yeh tries to be more life like whereas FIFA more action based.

Though FIFA is a lot more realistic than it used to be hence its now playable lol.

FIFA aint really that arcadey just some aspects.

I think the colours and atmosphere of FIFA is more bright and exciting than PES. When I play PES sometimes I think it looks dull??

I dunno, both are good games in their own right cant decide which one to commit to for single player mode

I think in PES you can think more and make more moves etc. like real life, more dynamic.

OFten in FIFA I do the same few things to score and its less random

Last edited:
I think FIFA is more fun. If you just wanna play some fun football..If you want a more slower thoughtful game PES is better?

??????

well, yes...
but u wrote about single player and thats a winner for pes
player development and master league is better than fifa, more immersion
player individualism adds to this point
then again player AI is better in fifa, your choice

well, yes...
but u wrote about single player and thats a winner for pes
player development and master league is better than fifa, more immersion
player individualism adds to this point
then again player AI is better in fifa, your choice

Yeh well you get proper leagues etc in FIFA>.though I always preffered MAster league.

With sliders I think the CPU AI in fifa is prob better. Though I think marking and finding space is a bit dodgy?

PES not played for years single player tbh.

2 player PES is great fun but so is fifa

Fifa also has running on rail logic, just try to through-pass. Receiving player will automatically run without user input and no simple running direction change can be made until game logic calculates that the ball will land 100% in opponent's foot/out of play.

PES just need to calculate things like this earlier than it currently does. In current form, PES very often give full control to our receiving player when

1. Using super cancel,
2. The ball touches his foot,
3. The ball touches opponent's foot

PES does not need to have so big change but only make :

1. Full control to receiving player at 50% of distance to the ball coming or at least three or 4 steps before he reach the ball

2. Same as above.

3. In this case, the game engine should calculate that if the intended pass will at the end 100% land to opponent's foot then deattach our receiving player from automatic rail running and gives us full control.

it looks easy in theory but probably not in engine coding, ah what do i know :COAT:

I think the main difference is that FIFA attempts to create football to fit their specific game engine, whilst Pro Evo feels like many small parts trying to create football. I think that's where the soul is that people talk about in Pro Evo,.and for FIFA its the reason it gets dull after the initial impressiveness.

Fifa is good online and shit offline. PES is shit online and good offline. I don´t see anything that shows me that this year will be any different, so i will keep playing both.

FIFA is very generic.. Players/teams all feel the same.

This is such an old argument and not true, i can certainly tell the difference when i play against Bolton and Chelsea

However PES could be special this year if only they will sort the ball physics out on a string when dribbling at times looks ridiculous as the ball stops rolling and snaps back to the dribblers feet. Its as though the ball and the foot are programmed to talk to each other and if it looks to be rolling away it will suddenly slow down. It needs to be a lot freer and less floaty too.

We cant comment on FIFA 13 yet so there's no point comparing. PES have played there cards, with a rumoured release date of 14th of September you can bet it 80-90 % complete baring a bit of polish and sound and stuff.

Eargerly waiting for FIFA 13 I loved FIFA 12. Playing PES for now but with loads of mods..the ball movement though is beginning to grate me

Fifa is good online and shit offline. PES is shit online and good offline. I don´t see anything that shows me that this year will be any different, so i will keep playing both.

With good sliders FIFA is fun and much more random and enjoyable offline. On default sliders the game is shocking

With good sliders FIFA is fun and much more random and enjoyable offline. On default sliders the game is shocking

Not for me. Not even sliders could fix the boring and totally predictable AI. Sliders seems more an illusion than a proper solution for making Fifa offline enjoyable.

Agree . And its sports games , people want to play sports game together , with a friends , that why almost every one chose FIFA ...

Last edited:
Agree . And its sports games , people want to play sports game together , with a friends , that why almost every one chose FIFA ...

I have no friends, so i only play offline alone or online with someone unknown.

I have no friends, so i only play offline alone or online with someone unknown.

MMM ok , even players like you without friends want to play online with other people , in club with other people co-op with other people , or you hate people too ?

My point is that, online mode is most important for sports game, what why fifa is more popular , if we exclude the better PR policy. But that is don't mean FIFA is better game .. every game , playing with other peoples is... fun ... even kicking dog sh*t on the street with random, unknown persons on the street..

Last edited:
I find pes offline with mates fun mayeb moreso than fifa

Well, yeah , i'm agree , i have great times playing with mates PES 6 Master League Co-op , 4 vs CPU , but this days, all friends,mates are online , big part of my friends now are far ... and online has potential to found more players . Again, a lot of my friends,PES fans , bought FIFA only to play online clubs or UT ,is not because better game, just they have only there this chance ...
Co-op ML is fantastic ,if PES can release that with online mode... will be great .

Last edited:
Well, yeah , i'm agree , i have great times playing with mates PES 6 Master League Co-op , 4 vs CPU , but this days, all friends,mates are online , big part of my friends now are far ... and online has potential to found more players . Again, a lot of my friends,PES fans , bought FIFA only to play online clubs or UT ,is not because better game, just they have only there this chance ...
Co-op ML is fantastic ,if PES can release that with online mode... will be great .

Well i dunno about pes online as I have never tried since PES5 and that was fun.

FIFA online is simple enough im sure PES is the same? It was easy to play online pes4/5 on PC with my mates/

As a 2 player game PES and FIFA are both fun...AI sinlge player PES Is better than FIFA but FIFA single player presnetation setc is prob better than FIFA...with sliders CPU AI plays ok for me....

pes4 was no online lobby but simple connector progs with chat included, so much fun back then, simple plug n play online mode and no BS stats and all this shit

dont expect anyhting that easy in the year 2012 from konami
just to prepare and warn you :))

field has given me the feeling of being very small (FIFA Soccer)

generic game, all teams play the same way.
effect skates (foot floating on grass, not walking)
shots on goal with perfect direction, always on target.
numbers in kits, totally ridiculous and small ..

I can go on all afternoon.

sorry fifa-fans

EA made $292 million from the Xbox 360, $276 million from the PC and $267 million from the PS3. This means that as one of the world's biggest publishers, EA made more money on the PC than they did from the PlayStation 3.
And this is thanks to good PR policy + great online mode!

I am not big FIFA fan, but... FIFA 11 on PC > FIFA 12 on PC.

As to why I feel that way? No bugged Player Impact Engine, no overpowered goalkeepers, more variety in goals scored, no team plays as Barcelona keeping >84% passing ratio... And so on.

Thing is FIFA 12 ruined this. The game (11), I thought was close to PES6 of new generation, turned upside-down and pissed on my head with slooooow pace (seriously FIFA 12 is Zzzzz boring piece of crap where nothing happens!), AI is absurd in defense (fullback positioning is so bad, you can hit through balls over their heads and they will let you pass them :lol:), terrible in offense (never really attacking or attempting shots from outside area), even with tuned sliders, the game does not change drastically as some people say. AI also is perfect in tackles and hardly gives fouls away.

Again, something which did not happen on 11.

Hopefully 13 will get footballing aspects right again. So many great players given up on FIFA 12 after all (Hjerpseth, FIFARalle, and co.)

If not, FIFA will have hard time with this year PRO EVO game, which got footballing aspects right. Atmosphere wrong.

But nothing that patches couldn't fix. If they nail gameplay, like back in the days... We may be in for a treat from both fronts... (and that's what TRUE football FAN should want, not stupid quarrels between both fronts!).

Hoping this year, is back on top for both games, after last years fiasco (yep, both games were bugged beyond belief, but KONAMI did try to fix it, unlike EA who sat on money and was happy with what they delivered).

FIFA anyway, is a boring game :YAWN:

EDIT:
I am honest with everyone.
I played a demo of FIFA (I think 11)
the most fun of all, is the beginning, Kaka playing with the ball.

I do not remember if it was FIFA 10 or FIFA 11, sorry.

gameplay, too soft, so soft that players "ice rink", "skate effect"(wtf!) .. in the field, let alone physical ball was on a Miami beach ..

Last edited:
FIFA anyway, is a boring game :YAWN:

EDIT:
I am honest with everyone.
I played a demo of FIFA (I think 11)
the most fun of all, is the beginning, Kaka playing with the ball.

I do not remember if it was FIFA 10 or FIFA 11, sorry.

gameplay, too soft, so soft that players "ice rink", "skate effect"(wtf!) .. in the field, let alone physical ball was on a Miami beach ..

i wonder if u all refer to fifa without edidted sliders and manual?

out the tin fifa is boring

Back
Top Bottom