PES 5 Discussion

Kezz said:
I gotta disagree, there's quite some more things revamped for PES 5 than that.

mmm... only graphic and database.
About gameplay all is the same stuff (the game is a little bit faster if u play 60 Hz mode; the speed is quite the same of WE9 if u play 50 Hz mode)

jonestm said:
Any news on a ps2 demo?

thare are new faces as Robinho and Julio Baptista:

for skin type 1 there are 265 faces instead of 259
skin 2 there are 139 faces instead 138
skin 3 57 faces instead of 54
skin 4 are the same number

About Special hairs there are 264 different types instead of 252.

There isn't "Road to World Cup" with japan :D

Aragorn said:
When Konami of Europe do a conversion of the game from region jap to region euro they don't make a new game...

Your actually wromg my friend. No game is ever made perfect and there is always little tweaks/bug fixes here and there that can make a game better.

Konami are very clever in the way they release their WE/PES series. Let me explaine.
WE is released usually around the August time of year, as we all know WE is only released for the Japanese market. Doing this makes it easier as they don't need to make localization versions which can take a long time (submitting the code to Sony UK/US, Microsoft UK/US etc usually takes about 2-3 weeks, if it fails it will have to go back again for another 2-3 weeks after the problem has been rectified).
So in turn they can get this product out to the Japanese public a lot quicker, which also helps for market reaserch and feedback whilst PES is still in its product life cycle.

All the defect/bugs and genral gameplay issues that have occured on WE will then be fixed in the PES version, therefore making the game slightly different and slightly better.

It may seem to be exactly the same, but infact it is not.

j4yc3e said:
Your actually wromg my friend. No game is ever made perfect and there is always little tweaks/bug fixes here and there that can make a game better.

Konami are very clever in the way they release their WE/PES series. Let me explaine.
WE is released usually around the August time of year, as we all know WE is only released for the Japanese market. Doing this makes it easier as they don't need to make localization versions which can take a long time (submitting the code to Sony UK/US, Microsoft UK/US etc usually takes about 2-3 weeks, if it fails it will have to go back again for another 2-3 weeks after the problem has been rectified).
So in turn they can get this product out to the Japanese public a lot quicker, which also helps for market reaserch and feedback whilst PES is still in its product life cycle.

All the defect/bugs and genral gameplay issues that have occured on WE will then be fixed in the PES version, therefore making the game slightly different and slightly better.

ok ok I agree with what you are saying, but WE9 didn't has horrible bugs as WE7 or WE8.
The game was quite great in everything :), isn't it?

I think that the only important change is the game speed. Someone couldn't see this change cause of its TV, because of the refresh frequency

Last edited:
Lob through balls have been fixed, that was a big problem IMO because in WE9 they were so awfull

Been playing for the last few, man this game is frickin awesome, I'm getting cuffed but its still awesome, having rangers and celtic in there is soooo cool :)

I was just forgetting!
there aren't river plate, boca juniors and santos :(
instead of this 3 teams there are FC Kopenaghen, Djurgarden and... I forgot
lool :D

er, have the fans been removed to stop slowdown, this seems to be the general thoughts!?
I guess the only way we will know for sure is on the 21st :/

ripkord said:
er, have the fans been removed to stop slowdown, this seems to be the general thoughts!?

Maybe ticket prices are up this season as like the majority of prem clubs who are complaining about poor turnouts. :lmao:

ripkord said:

yes it's true; winning eleven 9 doesn't have any fans during the match and the same is for pes5

j4yc3e said:

That why ppl like me get all releases. Konami may fix some bugs, but maybe some new ones may crop up.

If you have the resources, get em all. They're each different, albeit very subtlely.

Cheers

can neone pls post some pics of the new faces?eg.robinho and baptista?

where can i find all the screenshots for pes5 ive only seen the 12 posted on some website can somebody please send me the link for loads more i will be grateful, excitement is setting in now and with fm 2006 out the same days its gonna be one hell of a winter!

ive got a question is it the end of the line for the likes of cellini, macco, huylens, castolo etc as i saw a guys quote saying r.i.p cellini 1998-2005 plus someone said that diogo is a new player so can any1 shed any light on this for me. ill be grateful.
thanks.

Facts.
Missing crowd not fixed.High through balls are fixed.Player movements and clashing engine is better.Less fouls,more advantage play.New Search mode is included in Registering Players for club and country.Updated 05/06 Kits for all liscenced club.New Faces included.

New faces are :
Skin 1 - Face 5 - J.Zanetti (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 26 - Diego (Brasil & Porto)
Skin 1 - Face 27 - Edu (Brasil & Valencia)
Skin 1 - Face 70 - M.Owen (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 89 - J.Cole (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 93 - O.Hargreaves (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 97 - J.Carragher
Skin 1 - Face 98 - P.Robinson
Skin 1 - Face 159 - S.Finnan
Skin 1 - Face 221 - B.Zenden
Skin 2 - Face 38 - R.Marquez
Skin 3 - Face 21 - J.Baptista
Skin 3 - Face 22 - Robinho
Skin 3 - Face 23 - Oliveira (Brasil & R.Betis)

The rest is the same.Cheers.

Last edited:
'New faces are :
Skin 1 - Face 5 - J.Zanetti (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 26 - Diego (Brasil & Porto)
Skin 1 - Face 27 - Edu (Brasil & Valencia)
Skin 1 - Face 70 - M.Owen (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 89 - J.Cole (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 93 - O.Hargreaves (Enhanced)
Skin 1 - Face 97 - J.Carragher
Skin 1 - Face 98 - P.Robinson
Skin 1 - Face 159 - S.Finnan
Skin 1 - Face 221 - B.Zenden
Skin 2 - Face 38 - R.Marquez
Skin 3 - Face 21 - J.Baptista
Skin 3 - Face 22 - Robinho
Skin 3 - Face 23 - Oliveira (Brasil & R.Betis)'

I've seen a pic of Andres D'alessandro that looked way different (And better) so i think he's enhanced too

People using play.com...wouldn't if I were you! Used it for PES3, didn't come on the Friday as promised, which made me very annoyed. I ended up buying it in a shop, then refunding the play.com one..but it was still very annoying that it didn't come!

PES5 for PS2.Huzzman...I think a few faces were touched up slightly like Rooney and D'alessandro,its not worth mentioning.The ones I mentioned are the major changes.Stringer Bell,there is an italian club which is strangely unliscenced and named Teste Di Moro,should that be Calgiari?

jamesruggieri said:
People using play.com...wouldn't if I were you! Used it for PES3, didn't come on the Friday as promised, which made me very annoyed. I ended up buying it in a shop, then refunding the play.com one..but it was still very annoying that it didn't come!
It's a very reliable site, you where just unlucky. ;)

Back
Top Bottom