PES 5 Discussion

thanks Jim, i have removed the security tag on the back of it, will this make a difference, will they still do that?

I read on other pessites, that WE9 is tougher than pes5. De players on PES5 would are scoring much easier than in WE9.:nono:

Can someone please tell me if all it's true??

Thanks

Disaster solved, managed to get a SCPH-50003 (version 10) model brand new still boxed (security tag on cardboard box still intact) for £90. Bring on friday!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

maarten said:
I read on other pessites, that WE9 is tougher than pes5. De players on PES5 would are scoring much easier than in WE9.:nono:

Can someone please tell me if all it's true??

Thanks

Here a quick review with we9/pes5beta/pes5retail

Graphics
We9: improved animation, terrible pitches
Pes5B: same
Pes5R: Same

Options:
We9: usual with nipponchallenge
Pes5B: usual without nippon challenge or euro version
Pes5R: same

Gameplay:
We9: deep sitting defense with deep sitting midfield, slow dribbling speed, slow turning circle, great shooting, slow passing
Pes5B: defense pushes up slightly, midfield pushes up far more, faster dribbling, faster turning circle, great shooting, faster passing
Pes5R: defense and midfield same as pes5B, even faster dribbling ( more responsive), faster turning circles, great shooting, even faster passing. Game seems to be going back to pes4 speed compared to we9.

Final impression:
Because passing,shooting,dribbling,ect are faster and/or more responsive it has made the game easier. To compare the difficulty i have left we9 out because of the learning curve when i first got the game. A better comparison is beta v retail. 5* beta was still a decent challenge and i handnt gone up to 6* yet. Played a 5* match with england against colombia ( started konami cup to compare actual challenge instead of friendly) and pissed all over them really. 4-0 and i wasnt really trying. yet with we9 it would have probably been 1-0 or 0-0, with beta it would have been 2-0 or 1-0. The extra sharpness in control has added speed to the game and for the skilled players has made it that much more easier

tiktiktiktik said:

Graphics

Options:

Gameplay:
We9: deep sitting defense with deep sitting midfield, slow dribbling speed, slow turning circle, great shooting, slow passing
Pes5B: defense pushes up slightly, midfield pushes up far more, faster dribbling, faster turning circle, great shooting, faster passing
Pes5R: defense and midfield same as pes5B, even faster dribbling ( more responsive), faster turning circles, great shooting, even faster passing. Game seems to be going back to pes4 speed compared to we9.

Final impression:
Because passing,shooting,dribbling,ect are faster and/or more responsive it has made the game easier. To compare the difficulty i have left we9 out because of the learning curve when i first got the game. A better comparison is beta v retail. 5* beta was still a decent challenge and i handnt gone up to 6* yet. Played a 5* match with england against colombia ( started konami cup to compare actual challenge instead of friendly) and pissed all over them really. 4-0 and i wasnt really trying. yet with we9 it would have probably been 1-0 or 0-0, with beta it would have been 2-0 or 1-0. The extra sharpness in control has added speed to the game and for the skilled players has made it that much more easier

Thanks tiktiktik. You helped a lot. I think I'm going to choose to play WE9....I like though games....It's emotion...](*,)

jamesruggieri said:
People using play.com...wouldn't if I were you! Used it for PES3, didn't come on the Friday as promised, which made me very annoyed. I ended up buying it in a shop, then refunding the play.com one..but it was still very annoying that it didn't come!

I ordered PES5 from Play, and its in my hands now, a day early.

So I am well happy.

Just need work to end so I can play it now !

bought my copy today, i work above a game shop so had one on reserve, took the company pool car home at lunch time and had a play , the realism is fantastic, the licenced teams kits are unreal!! SO MUCH DETAIL!! i might just quit my job and play PES5 full time!!

Does any one know anythin about network gaming? for example if i just plug a network cable in to my ps2 from my router.....can i just play online?? surely its not that simple!

This game reminds me of pro evo 1, where it was easier to defend and harder to attack. Which is good. Just played my first match Newcastle Vs Arsenal and won 2-1 :) the dribbling is pretty cool, it's slower but when you get it right you can beat quite a few people. The ball also bounces a bit more when there is a tackle (how i remember PES2) so you can get tackled and still manage to flick it round the defender, which looks so cool :)

Shooting seems more controled, but also more varied in shot techniques. Passing seems more realistic aswell, you cannt always just ping the ball about, you have to plan your move a bit better to make it work.

Very impressed so far. PES1 was good, PES2 was too fast, PES3 was great, PES4 was a tiny bit too fast, PES5 is just right :D

Only problem, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO NEWCASTLE'S KIT, havent looked in the editor but hopefully there is a proper striped shirt ;)

yea this could of realy been a real hit if they just concentrated on the netplay. ideas like 22 players playing online in one match "a player controling only one player from the squad" that would of made it 100% more realistic. imagin that???

also konami should have made their own game servers for 2 or more people to join in and setup a match their so NO1 gets lag, much like fps games online wen servers r pre made..

what about playing online cups/master league instead of exibition being the only thing online? konami never realized how much things r missing in the game. online play has brought up a whole load of opportunities to the table that konami ignored

How do you all feel about using arrows on players in part 5 of this series? In Pes4 I felt, the games were more realistic without the use of arrwos. Though with this game being more tactical, they arrows might come in handy now.

What are your thoughts?

Yeah i agree with you, i've noticed the arrows can sometimes make a player tired and can unbalance the team a bit. It depends how you use it i suppose.

playchart5qk.jpg

theres a new patch out on TOTALPES05 that allows to have 3 new stadiums (The Riverside, Villa Park and The new Wembley) and if that werent enough theres a patch of new balls, hair stlyes and any old iron, any old iron, any any any old iron, you look sweet talk abt a treat, you look knapper from your ladder to your feet, dressed in style brand new tie and your fathers old green strap-on, but i wouldnt give you tuppence for your old watch chain, old iron, old iron. cool eh! check it out it makes the game so much better.........

I love the game but there are a few things i hate ive had it for ages but could'nt be botherd to post but now i am so annoyed with

1 Biased refs always favour the CPU
2 Through balls alwys go straight to the goalkeeper
3 Short passing is shit players like Beckham or Gerrard who have great ability still don't pass accurate
4 It atomaticly passes to the nearest player insted of the direction you want to pass to
5 With players with 99 balance still just bounce of midget players even though they would knock the smaller guy over
6 The fact when your winning and the computer turns world class and does'nt miss a pass
7 Your players STILL don't run to the ball they wait for it to come to them
8 Your defenders don't atack the ball
9 Fouls the CPU can get away with murder but you give away a DK for just runing into him also there are to much but at least there are'nt as many as in WE9

Appart from that this is the best PRO EVO ever does anyone else agere?

I agree with most of those, also I find that you often don't have control over your players. The computer seems to control them and you can't intercept which is fucking annoying and stupid.

How do i make my CB go up for corners...ive tried everything (formationA/formationB as CF and they still stay in centre circle)
i bet ppl were complaining from the last version that they get counter attacked too easily from corners...so the developer just stop CB going up for corner to solve the problem :(

also...has anyone edited the default Liverpool formation so one of my DM becomes a CF (crouch)...however, crouch stays outside the box for corners (just like a DM would :( )

why hav konami done this....gggrrrrr

Can someone tell me if PES5 is playable on the US PSP?
I heard that WE9UE is and was wondering why PES5 would not be?
Please let me know.
Thanks

Can some1 confirm this info?

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe confirm Pro Evolution 6 for PlayStation 2.
Speaking to Pro-G at the recent ELSPA International Games Summit, David Reeves, SCEE president and COO, confirmed that Konami are already working on Pro Evolution Soccer 6 for the PlayStation 2.

"In the UK there is still 50% of the software to be sold. Konami already developing six for PS2 for this year because they are confident that as the installed base goes up they will make money from it," said Reeves.

This news will be pleasing for those not wanting to move to the next generation consoles in order to get their football fix. However, this doesn't rule out the game appearing on next-generation consoles. Check back on Monday for the full interview with the Sony SCEE chief.

tiktiktiktik said:

Graphics

Options:

Gameplay:

What's that Pes5B and Pes5R you're talking about? do you mean there are 2 versions available?

Back
Top Bottom