PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I've just done this myself - the latest patch and DP3 are downloaded together when you install.

What you don't get access to are "live updates" (which create missing players) and online play - because the servers have been turned off. Thanks, Konami!

This means that when importing an option file (recommendation spoilered below), occasionally you'll get error messages because teams that were added in live updates are no longer added.

Unfortunately that means there are manual things you need to fix (as well as the stuff you always had to do manually in PES 2017 anyway, such as sorting competition names yourself).

Apologies for the off-topic, by the way - but, on-topic, the below is a huge reason why I really hate PES in recent years. Check out the amount of work you have to do upon importing an option file - which is supposed to do everything for you (so that you're more attracted to their unlicensed game).

They need to ditch their ancient database model (the same reason we can't have second divisions any more, apparently). This stuff is like having a second job.

I'd recommend Cristiano92's FBNZ All-In-One 5.0 - big thanks to @slamsoze for pointing me in the direction of it - along with this small update. This seems to be the most "compatible" option file with the final version of PES 2017, that has the least amount of issues to fix - but there's still plenty (not Cristiano92's fault though)!

If you follow the instructions to import, but leave the Bundesliga and then national teams until last, I think you've got the best chance of avoiding import errors - but I still get at least one when importing the Côte d’Ivoire, which is that the minimum amount of players isn't met, because a "live update"-added player isn't there any more.

For any cases like this, you can import the images, but not the players, which you'll have to manually rename to their real life counterparts (there are websites like PESmaster that can help with this) - as well as making sure that any "real" versions of the players that exist at club teams are swapped in with the fake ones.

After that, the following players are duplicates and need A) RESETTING and B) swapping with their club-team counterparts:

USA: B. GUZAN, G. CAMERON, B. WOOD, D. YEDLIN

MEXICO: G. OCHOA, D. REYES, A. GUARDADO, C. VELA, J. DOS SANTOS, M. LAYUN, R. RIMENEZ

JAMAICA: A. MARIAPPA, C. DONALDSON, G. MCCLEARY, K. LAWRENCE, L. WILLIAMSON, M. HECTOR, W. MORGAN

After that, somebody spotted that there is a duplicate Alexandro Pato. Resetting the one at Tianjin Quanjian will give you a fake player, who you might want to give crap stats and then release as a free agent (so that nobody picks him up in the Master League). The national team fakes SHOULDN'T appear in the ML (but I can't remember if they will, to be honest).

After this, you have to manually import the club logos for Athletic Bilbao, UD Las Palmas, LA Galaxy, New York City, Kawasaki Frontale and Tianjin Quanjian.

After that, you have to import the competition logos, and rename them as described here.

After that, you have to change the league structures so that the Bundesliga has 18 teams, the CSL has 16 teams and the MLS* has 24 teams - and then swap all the teams around into the right places, as they will be scattered amongst these leagues and the "other" continental leagues that exist, e.g. "Europe (Other)".

*Some people don't like the MLS being the American league because they get dragged into a South American competition I believe - personally, I'd rather have the MLS in-case I ever decided to manage there. If you'd prefer the Liga MX, for example, it's difficult to find but there are older files like this one that might help[/url].

After that, I think you're ready to go.

Easy peasy, right?
Awesome info Chris.Especially the DAtapack part very helpful for future moves,buying new console or pes16,15 etc.
Also good notes on Option file, even if I still have my own since 17 , only by reading the amount of work needed made me wanna cry. (Meaning the process due to KONAMI , not the OF makers work).

Yeah I agree on the scripting part,it's horrible on Pes 19.
Right now it's tricky getting to love it. The other game wins there for sure.

And the more I play it the more annoyed I am with Pes19.
18 seems so fair comparing to 19!

Is this the main teething issue left with PES after all the patches? essentially scripting? if AI wants to win then you'll force to lose?

I also want to ask you folks about ML, i'm sure you guys play the mode at one point.
  1. Do players appreciate and depreciate in value in PES 2019 ML?
  2. I read that they fixed something on their ML transfer logic and I know one for sure that they've fixed Leicester transfer bug, where AI decides to sell majority of their players, leaving close to none LOL.
    • But have they fixed AI stupid major transfer, say Mo Salah going to Norwich City? Pogba to you name it, some minority club.

Every DataPack on Pes must be like Xmas to you, @PotatoCouch .. ;) :LOL:

Hahaha it did feel like one Xmas in big bang as I just started playing again .. well PES was 84% on discount .. so it's 14 AUD few weeks ago in Sony Store ... I thought nyeehhh why not.

Will there be DP 4.03?

In regards to player faces, credit is due to Konami for taking the care to create as many unique faces as possible for players from various leagues across the world

I couldn't for the life of me find anyone important that don't have face in PES .... I'm sure Frenkie de Jong at one point didn't have face ... just like Naby Keita back in PES 2018 .. but Konami excel in this department ... I'm astonished! Need a face for Tahith Chong tho .. in saying that, I am no Man Utd fan. but in all honesty, you guys must be pleased with Konami in their face department.

Overall gameplay lacks, AI is worst it has ever been

Is this the scripting part yall talking about?

@PotatoCouch I haven't really thought of decrease/increase in player values.

Haven't noticed any insane transfers like Pogba etc to any smaller clubs.
I bet it's not fool proof,but I've seen more insane transfers playing the other game the past few days.
Can't really verify whether it's rock solid

I haven't played this one enough either to notice any crazy antic's

@PotatoCouch
I dont like to use word "scripting". I've seen clips from some people who had no losses and won the league with all points on SS difficulty. So maybe scripting is a bad word for it.

Basically, it doesnt feel fair, when you play against AI for longer periods of time. You cannot intercept their passes, your players dont react when the ball is near, they dont jump, they dont run, they are like zombies. Sometimes (see @slamsoze clip) they even run away from the ball. AI does few laser guided passes and then finish it off with a top corner missile.

Which brings me to another point. AI is so shallow and one-dimensional, that after a season in ML you will be able to predict their every single move. They dont have any creativity. When they have the ball you will be able to say exactly whats coming next.

But if you think it will get too easy - have no fear. Knowing is one thing. You wont be able to stop it, coz your own players will be having a nap when the ball goes pass them.

Add to it unstoppable top corner shots, no dribbling from AI and very few shots from distance and you start to get the picture.

So yeah, most frustrating PES game I have played in a very long time, which is due to a mix of overpowered, shallow AI and your own zombie team mates.
But to get to this point and realise how bad it is, you need to play a lot of matches (which I suppose also means that you should enjoy it at the start).

Fuck this game on SS, seriously. Back to Top Player for me.

It doesn’t matter who I am playing, the CPU decides it HAS to score a last second (not last minute, because when I kick off again it’s full time) goal.

Every time.

It doesn’t matter who I am playing, the CPU decides it HAS to score a last second (not last minute, because when I kick off again it’s full time) goal.

Every time.

Did you attempt parking the bus on few last seconds? Literally put your entire squad in your box area.

I was just watching Champions League .. Juventus v Atletico Madrid.
Who watched the game?

Ok the correlation to the game is:
  • the atmosphere in Allianz stadium ...
Boy .. it was electrifying ... and would you agree that FIFA 19 does better in creating the atmosphere than PES 2019?

Outside of the box = impossible.

I just started playing again and it was approximately my 5 - 6th game in Kick Off mode <Superstar difficulty> and I don't play FUMA (mate, I play for fun and not to stress myself :D); Frenkie de Jong scored outside of the box goal against Vissel Kobe.

So, IMO, screamer is possible; although I'm not sure whether I'm in the same setting as yours .. I'm sure you're expert and play in FUMA.

Last edited:

Every time.
send me your game and console! i'll secure the win for you! ;)
1 second buddy, you are nearly there! dont give up!

@PotatoCouch
I dont like to use word "scripting". I've seen clips from some people who had no losses and won the league with all points on SS difficulty. So maybe scripting is a bad word for it.

Basically, it doesnt feel fair, when you play against AI for longer periods of time. You cannot intercept their passes, your players dont react when the ball is near, they dont jump, they dont run, they are like zombies. Sometimes (see @slamsoze clip) they even run away from the ball. AI does few laser guided passes and then finish it off with a top corner missile.

Which brings me to another point. AI is so shallow and one-dimensional, that after a season in ML you will be able to predict their every single move. They dont have any creativity. When they have the ball you will be able to say exactly whats coming next.

But if you think it will get too easy - have no fear. Knowing is one thing. You wont be able to stop it, coz your own players will be having a nap when the ball goes pass them.

Add to it unstoppable top corner shots, no dribbling from AI and very few shots from distance and you start to get the picture.

So yeah, most frustrating PES game I have played in a very long time, which is due to a mix of overpowered, shallow AI and your own zombie team mates.
But to get to this point and realise how bad it is, you need to play a lot of matches (which I suppose also means that you should enjoy it at the start).

Mate, what happened to you? I am away for three weeks and you turn 180 degrees. You (together with @PRO_TOO) were the one who made me believe in this game. So sad to see this.

I just started playing again and it was approximately my 5 - 6th game in Kick Off mode <Superstar difficulty> and I don't play FUMA (mate, I play for fun and not to stress myself :D); Frenkie de Jong scored outside of the box goal against Vissel Kobe.

So, IMO, screamer is possible; although I'm not sure whether I'm in the same setting as yours .. I'm sure you're expert and play in FUMA.

Yes, they are possible I had one with Kroos and one with Pogba, but this after hundreds of matches. It's too difficult and I daresay scripted to not happen too often as well: you can tell when the wind-up animation of your player is suddenly slowed down just so that an AI player can jump in and intercept the ball. Infuriating.

Mate, what happened to you? I am away for three weeks and you turn 180 degrees. You (together with @PRO_TOO) were the one who made me believe in this game. So sad to see this.
i'm not jumping off the boat! :D
still having fun with it! looks like Em had a little change in mind... dont know for sure.
but i can understand them all. each his own!

Remember this small little update that came on one of the Thursdays? It was about the time you were going away. Whatever they did there was a final nail in the coffin.

My players just turned into full time retards.
I couldnt defend, I couldnt attack..
Had problems with switching, no one was interested in getting the ball. Every match I felt like I was fighting the controler, not AI.

On top of that, AI just continued boring me to death with their top corner finishes.

One evening I had enough so I switched to 18 to have a break.
Bad move, I tell you...
This really made me pissed off with 19...
You can only see how shallow and one-dimentional AI on 19 is, when you switch to 18 after longer stretch. 18 is so unpredictable and fair comparing to 19..

I dont know, they might sort 19 out eventually. Maybe next data pack or some patch will fix it. But for the moment there is nothing there for me anymore.

One thing they had this year - great game, when you are on the ball, was ruined by last update as you are no longer in control of anything..Well, apart from 10 headless chickens..

Fingers crossed they see it and will fix it (online community is complaining about it a lot as well so there'a a chance).

Untill then ill be in spanish Division 2, on Pes18.

Do you folks sleep together or what? The moment one is online, the rest goes online too. Do you guys work together hence set alarm at the same time too? Lol

Do you folks sleep together or what? The moment one is online, the rest goes online too. Do you guys work together hence set alarm at the same time too? Lol
It's what happens when you live in the same time-zone and hate your job as much as the next guy. 9am, bang, Evo-Web time. :D

Mate tell me this, those who play 18 can also answer, it's a generic question.

You know that set brightness and contrast page, with a logo in the middle and ball on left and right hand side?

So the objective is to make the logo visible but not the 2 balls? Because i can make it happen by not doing anything in-game but from my Samsung TV brightness settings.

I find the graphic a bit grainy in my TV. any suggestions?

Mate tell me this, those who play 18 can also answer, it's a generic question.

You know that set brightness and contrast page, with a logo in the middle and ball on left and right hand side?

So the objective is to make the logo visible but not the 2 balls? Because i can make it happen by not doing anything in-game but from my Samsung TV brightness settings.

I find the graphic a bit grainy in my TV. any suggestions?
Is your TV set to game mode, is my first question.

After that, make sure your "sharpness" is set to zero (otherwise your TV will apply a filter over the top that makes everything sharp and grainy).

After that, I think it's probably just the TV (a friend of mine has a plasma TV and everything appears grainy - but I sold it to him a few years ago and he doesn't notice it, so, ah well). ;)

Is your TV set to game mode, is my first question.

After that, make sure your "sharpness" is set to zero (otherwise your TV will apply a filter over the top that makes everything sharp and grainy).

After that, I think it's probably just the TV (a friend of mine has a plasma TV and everything appears grainy - but I sold it to him a few years ago and he doesn't notice it, so, ah well). ;)

My Samsung TV doesn't have Game mode :CONF:

I can set the sharpness to zero for starter.

I do have Dynamic mode, which sets the screen uber bright!!! Hence i am in the movie mode at the moment.

But the essence is the logo still need to be visible but not the balls? Or we don't need to follow that guideline?

:LOL:
It's what happens when you live in the same time-zone and hate your job as much as the next guy. 9am, bang, Evo-Web time. :D
i like my job and love what i'm doing (because it makes people happy)!
its more like a woman thing, when the menstrual cycle between two friends get synced! :LMAO:
i bet we watching football and drinking beer the same time too! :LOL:

i hope i can find the time before the big match tonight to squeeze in one or two matches (PES and the other game)!
My Samsung TV doesn't have Game mode :CONF:

I can set the sharpness to zero for starter.

I do have Dynamic mode, which sets the screen uber bright!!! Hence i am in the movie mode at the moment.

But the essence is the logo still need to be visible but not the balls? Or we don't need to follow that guideline?
my advice: turn off all the "enhancer"! stick to good basic settings in brightness, sharpness, contrast, colours!
as @Chris Davies said: a lot of tv's have the sharpen feature way to high. this gives white lines around objects and in motion the pic seems to look "frayed" (!?)!
whats your exact model of the samsung?

Last edited:
Is it wrong for me to say that i enjoy playing fifa just a little above pes? The gameplay is ping pong and the faces are limited but stadium atmosphere and commentary made me immersed into it. I just played UEFA champions league final (just a kick off game) and Lee Dixon and the other bloke is killing it. If this post is not allowed, i will delete tomorrow morning.

The full story is: i played a kick off game using Barca v Celtic kick off mode won 1 - 0 in PES. Then i thought i play 1 game of FIFA using Barca vs Juve, on which i lost in PK shoot out but i felt the crowd, i felt like i am in the stadium, i felt like watching real football match, i don't know man, i think i am going nuts.

Is it wrong for me to say that i enjoy playing fifa just a little above pes? The gameplay is ping pong and the faces are limited but stadium atmosphere and commentary made me immersed into it. I just played UEFA champions league final (just a kick off game) and Lee Dixon and the other bloke is killing it. If this post is not allowed, i will delete tomorrow morning.
why should it be!? you can say anything football related here in a civilized way! might take it to the contrast&compare thread when comparing both in more detail!
Direct link: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-pes-contrast-compare.75470/
:BYE:

I answered the Konami survey today
I fully expect to get my ass sown on to an Xbox /PS4 for not reading the terms #humancentiPad #southpark

Back
Top Bottom