PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Nope this is electrifying!

Fifa and Pes has a long way to go...

You got to admit that FIFA is shorter path than PES to this atmosphere. And you know I stand on the fence for these 2 games.

So who's watching Barca Lyon?
So jealous, your timezone would have been 6.30 pm and while we're here 6:30 am and time to go to work.

You got to admit that FIFA is shorter path than PES to this atmosphere. And you know I stand on the fence for these 2 games.

So who's watching Barca Lyon?
So jealous, your timezone would have been 6.30 pm and while we're here 6:30 am and time to go to work.
Fifa has better atmosphere in probably 99% of their leagues.
Exception being Argentina/Chile ,not very good,but better than fifa for sure.
Guess I need to email EA Vancouver on what a flare is.
Still haven't seen that in Fifa.
But otherwise, you're correct sir.
Yes watching Barca v OL
Kick off time 9pm for me

Remember this small little update that came on one of the Thursdays? It was about the time you were going away. Whatever they did there was a final nail in the coffin.

My players just turned into full time retards.
I couldnt defend, I couldnt attack..
Had problems with switching, no one was interested in getting the ball. Every match I felt like I was fighting the controler, not AI.

On top of that, AI just continued boring me to death with their top corner finishes.

One evening I had enough so I switched to 18 to have a break.
Bad move, I tell you...
This really made me pissed off with 19...
You can only see how shallow and one-dimentional AI on 19 is, when you switch to 18 after longer stretch. 18 is so unpredictable and fair comparing to 19..

I dont know, they might sort 19 out eventually. Maybe next data pack or some patch will fix it. But for the moment there is nothing there for me anymore.

One thing they had this year - great game, when you are on the ball, was ruined by last update as you are no longer in control of anything..Well, apart from 10 headless chickens..

Fingers crossed they see it and will fix it (online community is complaining about it a lot as well so there'a a chance).

Untill then ill be in spanish Division 2, on Pes18.

Sorry to hear that. I am still having a blast with 4.0 (not 4.02, mind), won 5-4 at Anfield yesterday after being 1-3 down. But yes, there is one or the other shit game among them, where you ask yourself what the heck your team is doing. But that has always been the case in PES.

I know it's the wrong forum and I don't want to start a platform discussion but you should seriously consider playing this game on a PC. Not only do you have all the amazing add-ons but you can actively decide which version and datapack you want to play with and eventually roll back to a version that you felt comfortable with when they screw it up.

Glad, though, that at least 18 provides you with your PES fix.

Kick off time 9pm for me

Primetime!!! All my life, I relocate to several countries, but unfortunately Champions League timing were never the good timing, either early dawn or late dawn.

Sorry to hear that. I am still having a blast with 4.0 (not 4.02, mind), won 5-4 at Anfield yesterday after being 1-3 down

Do folks have a blast only when human win and not AI? sometimes even the likes of Liverpool can be beaten by Newcastle. Like Madrid get beaten by Ajax and hopefully Barca win tonight, but I wouldn't mind underdog Lyon to win. I've always supported the underdogs.

Do folks have a blast only when human win and not AI?
I dont mind either way. I had few games on 18 recently, where AI destroyed my defense in such way, that I was clapping my hands.
What I do mind tho, is when AI keep scoring same way over and over again and ball almost goes through my defenders like they werent even there.

I dont mind either way. I had few games on 18 recently, where AI destroyed my defense in such way, that I was clapping my hands.

Yup .. this is called sportsmanship .. gives credit when credit is due.

What I do mind tho, is when AI keep scoring same way over and over again and ball almost goes through my defenders like they weren't even there.

Yup .. this is called bug and I understand your frustration.

Quick Q boys ...

I know this topic has been discussed over and over again .. but refresh my memory ..

In PES 2019, in clear situation (no body contact), when fast player (i.e. Ousmane Dembele, Sadio Mane etc) run, can they be chased by slow player (i.e. Pique, Vermaelen, Mertesacker (can't think of any slow defender at the moment) ?

Because yesterday when I played; through ball to Ousmane Dembele and behind me is Vissel Kobe Japanese defender ... I don't know him .. but no Japanese defender (except the one who plays for Inter) can catch him up; but this one seems to do.

I just wanted to let you all know that we are only 2 months away from the first batch of rumors/news/images about PES 2020 to start surfacing.

Please let's try to not fall in the trap again.

Be careful with this:

5c5ad7259e42b911d3055365.jpg

Unless they announce ME as the cover star, I'll be anything but impressed.

@PotatoCouch there was a moment, where players speed seemed fixed and you could really "feel" fast players. I was calling @Chuny out back then to check it.
Everything went back to "normal" after another mini patch, where they seemed to had broken everything that was working in the game.
So yes, Jimmy Turtle from FC Slomo will be able to catch Mpabbe no problem.

I've spent my evening (outside of the Bayern v Liverpool game, YES by the way) playing PES 2017, 2018 and 2019 back-to-back.

There is absolutely no doubt to me that 2019 has the worst AI of the three, possibly only because of the last patch - but either way. The AI plays the most first-time passes and the cheapest, most predictable (yet unstoppable, always out of your reach) football of the three in 2019, with very little difference between the teams you play. I'm really shocked at the difference.

On Top Player, I play Fulham in 2017 and they hoof it, I play them in 2018 and there's a *bit* more ping-pong and the odd lofted through-ball but it's still not too bad. In 2019, look - I'm not exaggerating - they play like Brazil. They never, ever need to take a touch - they know where all their teammates are at all times without having to look - and they spam the same moves over and over.

In PES's ML, you can go to "team info" and see the style of play that your opponent use. In 2017, teams stick to this style far too much (for example, long ball teams hit it long as soon as they have possession). In 2018, it's a little less strict. In 2019, on Top Player and above, I barely see that style come out through the AI's play.

It feels great on the ball, ball physics are fantastic. But the AI has turned to shit - and I can't help but wonder if it's to make myClub better (like with the other game, where defending with a second player is a thing of the past now because of FUT players moaning about AI defending being OP - it affects offline AND online).

So yes, Jimmy Turtle from FC Slomo will be able to catch Mpabbe no problem.

You don't tell lie? This would just clinch it for me if this is fact.

Though, some FIFA users also complained the same thing in their game, that slow player also catching up to uber fast player ... LOL this is getting ridiculous, folks .. it seriously is.

Playing with a created player with 90+ speed/acceleration, I get chased down by defenders a lot. And I'm playing in the Danish Superliga. Doesn't matter which direction they're facing, which direction their momentum is taking them, whether or not they are starting from a standing position, whether or not they committed to a challenge and missed, they catch up to me.

Defensive AI has insane reaction time to make up for their complete lack of positional sense and almost brain dead overall behavior.

It's been that way for years. Can't stand how defending works in this game.

Catch up "bug" (which I don't really see much of on either 18-19) happens sometimes on lower difficulty,I didn't see much of it playing TP&SS.
And I'm not seeing it on Pes 18 profesional (but on 19 occasionally)

But I see a lot of defenders zooming in fast (to fast) on strikers when trying to dribble and gain a meter,then they have super fast reactions and steals the ball

But running down the flank side by side,I haven't had that problem

Off topic, but which one out of them 3 is most fun for you, @Chris Davies ?
For me, 2017, because 2018 (despite little ML additions, such as better transfer fee negotiations) is when the AI starts to shift towards those ping-pong moments and chipped through-balls to bail themselves out of trouble. It's nowhere near as prominent as 2019 (and you can play a deep defensive line to stop it) but you can see its origins (and every team hits those through-balls with the same unerring accuracy).

Also, I've seen the lowest pass completion rates for the AI in 2017. Usually they're over 80% but I've seen lower on a couple of occasions, which is rare for me with the others.

On the ball the response times let you down sometimes (especially on Superstar where it's SUPER OBVIOUS they just do it to stop you scoring), but it's not 2014-level laggy.

Add to that all the tackles that fly in, and the weight of the ball (better physics than 2018 and better goalkeepers too IMO, they hold onto more), and it's a clear winner for me.

EDIT: Just nipped back to 2018 and, although Ibrahimovic scored a wonderful shot from distance against me, I ended up beating Man United 4-1, with Burnley, scoring four headers, two of them from Aaron Lennon who's about 3ft 2in. :SHOCK:

I had an ML that ran for years on 2017, and I've realised now why it is that I haven't done that since. Looking forward to playing it more over the next few weeks.

It must be said, though - the one thing I don't get from any of these games is decent midfield battles. FIFA 17 is great for that (yes, I've been playing retro FIFAs too) - and then they go and spoil it all by giving everyone jelly limbs...

Last edited:
Catch up "bug" (which I don't really see much of on either 18-19) happens sometimes on lower difficulty,I didn't see much of it playing TP&SS.

But I see a lot of defenders zooming in fast (to fast) on strikers when trying to dribble and gain a meter,then they have super fast reactions and steals the ball

But running down the flank side by side,I haven't had that problem

I see it all the time in 19!

Yup. I'd see it every game on pro and on top player. I'd honestly be surprised when it didn't happen.

Also, I've seen the lowest pass completion rates for the AI in 2017. Usually they're over 80% but I've seen lower on a couple of occasions, which is rare for me with the others
I played Carpi (newly promoted Serie B Team) and they had 68% on Pes 17.
I agree it's usually between 70-82% while Pes 18-19 is around 80-85 (usually) and all fifa games ever made 88+(if lucky)

It's been that way for years. Can't stand how defending works in this game.

I see it all the time in 19!

Yup. I'd see it every game on pro and on top player. I'd honestly be surprised when it didn't happen.

I'm fairly sure this 'catch up' bug was discussed in the past (in PES 2019 era) and the topic was butchered at some point ... so this ain't the first time we brought the subject up.

I can't remember for the life of me, whether there was any issue, or if there was (whether there were rectified); but I experienced this (as I mentioned with Ousmane Dembele having got caught up by Vissel Kobe defender) so I thought I double confirm if it's just me.

I'm fairly sure this 'catch up' bug was discussed in the past (in PES 2019 era) and the topic was butchered at some point ... so this ain't the first time we brought the subject up.

I can't remember for the life of me, whether there was any issue, or if there was (whether there were rectified); but I experienced this (as I mentioned with Ousmane Dembele having got caught up by Vissel Kobe defender) so I thought I double confirm if it's just me.
If the game plays scripted you will probably see alot of catch up,when not being scripted,when the game plays good,hardly anything.
That's how I see it.
But does it mean it has catch up bug,don't think so it's scripting which makes everything miserable, including this.

But... aren't we still in the PES 2019 era?, I'm confused.
And by confused I mean I think you are wrong.

:D

But... aren't we still in the PES 2019 era?, I'm confused.
And by confused I mean I think you are wrong.:D

Yeah, I just want to be extremely clear that the 'catch up bug' discussion was discussed for PES 2019 and not the earlier version of PES; considering that some folks are playing 16, 17, 18 etc versions. that's all :)

Yeah, I just want to be extremely clear that the 'catch up bug' discussion was discussed for PES 2019 and not the earlier version of PES; considering that some folks are playing 16, 17, 18 etc versions. that's all :)

The catch-up bug has been present in PES since PES 2014 or even before that. On and off. But I can't remember a PES where it wasn't there ever since 2014.

See: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/search/432249/?page=10&q=catchup&o=date&c[node]=11

It was discussed even in PES 2012.

The catch-up bug has been present in PES since PES 2014 or even before that. On and off. But I can't remember a PES where it wasn't there ever since 2014.

See: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/search/432249/?page=10&q=catchup&o=date&c[node]=11

It was discussed even in PES 2012.

On this subject, I thought I quote this guy's opinion .. agree or disagree ... everyone entitled to their opinion, right?

In case some people didn't know...
renderTimingPixel.png

1. (almost) every professional football player is fast.
  2. even "slow" defenders are fast and can outrun fast wingers and strikers depending on position, stamina, angle,... (happens a lot in real football)

On this subject, I thought I quote this guy's opinion .. agree or disagree ... everyone entitled to their opinion, right?

In case some people didn't know...
renderTimingPixel.png

1. (almost) every professional football player is fast.

even "slow" defenders are fast and can outrun fast wingers and strikers depending on position, stamina, angle,... (happens a lot in real football)

Of course everyone's entitled to their opinion.
But, facts are facts!

so you don't agree to his point #2:
even "slow" defenders are fast and can outrun fast wingers and strikers depending on position, stamina, angle,... (happens a lot in real football)

Yes I do agree!
Timing, angle and position are key!

BUT...! The problem is when the exception becomes the rule.
Which is, basically, PES from 2014 onwards.

Back
Top Bottom