PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

So apart of manual shots Im on the exact same settings. It looks really good. Nice build up from AI, slow tempo, no craziness.
Exibition tho, right?
Seems like its lacking a bit of ML sauce-script on top... ;)
Whenever I meet Man City they seems to be after few enegry drinks. ;)
I could swear this is down to tactics and how I play them. I let it loose a lot of the time, using single and team pressure wisely (I try). ;)
Not good with the manual passing a lot, but hey...

Here is another one from tonight.

Highlights:

Full match:

Hey @Chris Davies . I thought of you. There are some nice looking manual long balls in the latest videos.

Last edited:
So I tried professional. Celtic v Hamilton 20 minutes. Ended up with very similar stats to when they actually played.

Saw a lot less tiki taka and end to end sprint type play too. I think I might be sticking with it. Hopefully with matt10s fix, they'll defend better too. Next game is against Lazio. Hopefully better opposition will give us a better challenge because we smashed Hamilton in the end.

I also replayed the game against Hamilton on Top player and it was a sprint fest. Almost thought I was playing online.

So I think I might actually be at my wits end with BAL. The AI decision making tactically is remarkably poor overall, especially in cup matches.

I played my match against Lazio in the Europa League. After taking a 3-1 lead, Lazio went ultra attacking and, as per usual, my AI teammate defenders were unable to cope. Lazio managed to tie it up on a corner and an indirect free kick. Fair enough.

With 15 minutes to go my team started also playing ultra aggressive, essentially leaving 2 players back while everyone else charged into the final 3rd. It was tied. In the first leg.

This behavior makes absolutely no sense and has been in this game for at least the least 3 games; if an AI controlled team isn't winning in the second half a cup match they will go attacking, regardless of the context of the match, throwing away whatever defensive stability they have to begin with. And they don't have much to begin with.

I think my overall enjoyment would increase if I were to maintain some control over my team tactical decisions in match. It's a shame because BAL has been my favorite mode since PES2009.

Strange that everyone's reporting the game to be faster. Because the online game play is the slowest it's been since release (and it's nice). Speed is closer to demo now

@koningfrikandel quick question, pal.
You said on few occasions, that your style is to start your ML somewhere, and then go to Ajax at some point.
How are you ending up in Ajax?
Is there an option to "apply" for position in specific team, or do you have to wait and hope that one day Ajax will come knocking?

@koningfrikandel quick question, pal.
You said on few occasions, that your style is to start your ML somewhere, and then go to Ajax at some point.
How are you ending up in Ajax?
Is there an option to "apply" for position in specific team, or do you have to wait and hope that one day Ajax will come knocking?
Yes there is mate. I forget what the option is called but if you go to management options and then the bottom right option (again, forgot the name) then you can request a transfer anywhere you want). No guaranteed succes though! It's actually quite hard and realistic and tied into your current clubs club ranking.

Yes there is mate. I forget what the option is called but if you go to management options and then the bottom right option (again, forgot the name) then you can request a transfer anywhere you want). No guaranteed succes though! It's actually quite hard and realistic and tied into your current clubs club ranking.
Savage, I didnt know about it.
Thanks!

I also always start somewhere, 2nd division if possible, and try to get to SL Benfica. I don´t ask to change clubs, but usually I do get offers from portuguese clubs, and then it´s just a question of time unti SLB shows interest.

Most don't, I've found ;) odd Konami-ism as IMO it's a great feature that fifa lacks, and it isn't advertised anywhere!
Jesus, I remember playing Pes18 with Parma and waiting two and half seasons for offer from Ireland to manage national team. If I only knew. :LOL:
It really is a great feature. Work on developing your name and then jump somewhere you always wanted to play.

This way I'd be happy picking some big club at some stage, as I could tell myself I deserve it.

Jesus, I remember playing Pes18 with Parma and waiting two and half seasons for offer from Ireland to manage national team. If I only knew. :LOL:
It really is a great feature. Work on developing your name and then jump somewhere you always wanted to play.

This way I'd be happy picking some big club at some stage, as I could tell myself I deserve it.
exactly , that is my line of reasoning as well. Here's roughly what I've done from PES17 onwards: start in Championship with either Arsenal or Liverpool OR in Serie B with Milan (sadly not an option anymore). I've tried Monaco (I like them real stadiums, i do) in ligue 2 as well but I felt too detached from what was going on as I don't know any players or teams in France.
As soon as I reach a certain level of OPR of players (roughly equal to Ajax) OR start getting domestic succes on Professional, then I apply, move up to Superstar and move over to Ajax if I can. The added benefit is that you have to "waste" money if you want to bring any of your old players along AND the good players that were already there will have aged somewhat which opens up a raft of decisions you have to make as soon as you arrive at your new club.

Good strategy for all as it keeps things fresh, in my view. On PES17 I got Ajax to occupy the #1 spot in the world and soon after I again requested a transfer request elsewhere. Clubs were lining up by this point so I picked Arsenal and had to rebuild from the ground up....good times.

I just wish Konami made a proper occasion out of it and immerse you in a fantasy football world. EA is lightyears ahead of this. Tell me i'm a great trainer and have earned a transfer, at least ACKNOWLEDGE the damn fact ! Just now one of my players earned "best player of the world". It made ZERO sense and worst of all, nothing was made of it anywhere! No special prize, no ceremony, nothing. argh

That should be a feature in EAs game as well,especially in their player career.
"You've got an offer from Manure/Chelski/Juventus" instead of wanting a transfer somewhere you like

Anyone have any master league tips before I start one? Also is it possible to get a particular nation to offer you their job? Or is it strictly random?

I've tried Monaco (I like them real stadiums, i do) in ligue 2 as well but I felt too detached from what was going on as I don't know any players or teams in France.
Same here.
I always liked Monaco stadium. Many Peses ago it was my go-to team. Kits were also nice. But like yourself, i dont know much about french league. Plus now it has this PSG monster that doesnt fit their league at all and just annoys me.

But I have to say that Im really enjoying Scottish ML (even tho I know less about their league than french one).
Pity those new leagues are such a wasted potential. If all of those licensed leagues had few stadiums, proper atmosphere, chants, scoreboads... Id be happily jumping from one to another.
Being Russian football fan must be so fucking frustrating this year..
They lost their league in FIFA for....this!
Army of clones on generic stadiums without any atmosphere and immersion. Id be fuming... :LOL:

Also is it possible to get a particular nation to offer you their job? Or is it strictly random?
Read up. I think you can apply for national team of your chosing. They might not accept you straight away but you can apply.

My tips
(Dont know what settings you play on, so general ones)
- skip initial tournament. Waste of time and will just bring frustration.
- get ready for half a season of misery with poor Team Spirits and your players running around like headless chickens
- as much as its fun to manage national team along the club team, I wouldnt do that again. After a while it started to be really annoying. My club was fighting for champions league spot and I was getting distracted by stupid national friendly matches constantly (but that was Pes18. I didnt accept any National offer on Pes19)
- be patient and dont get to pissed off about results. I personally dont replay any matches. It just adds to your frustration. If you have a shit game just forget about it and move on hoping next will be fine
- you can change your ball in edit mode. I changed EPL ball to yellow Nike one. Small detail but change a lot to me visually.

Same here.
I always liked Monaco stadium. Many Peses ago it was my go-to team. Kits were also nice. But like yourself, i dont know much about french league. Plus now it has this PSG monster that doesnt fit their league at all and just annoys me.

But I have to say that Im really enjoying Scottish ML (even tho I know less about their league than french one).
Pity those new leagues are such a wasted potential. If all of those licensed leagues had few stadiums, proper atmosphere, chants, scoreboads... Id be happily jumping from one to another.
Being Russian football fan must be so fucking frustrating this year..
They lost their league in FIFA for....this!
Army of clones on generic stadiums without any atmosphere and immersion. Id be fuming... :LOL:
Good lord yes. Luckily I'm on pc and can enjoy great mods such as the evoswitcher mod. If (admittedly) great amateur modders can do this....then wtf Konami!! There are no excuses and they even blatantly lied about scoreboards (and more). They better step up their game big time when it comes to single player gaming for pes 2020.

edit: speaking of which, hype should start again in a month or two for the next pes. As soon as I see that tired old Master League screen I'm OUT lol.

Last edited:
Anyone have any master league tips before I start one? Also is it possible to get a particular nation to offer you their job? Or is it strictly random?
The first season you proposed National Jobs, from my personal experience, the first team is usually the Nationality you pick for your manager.At least for me that i choose to be a Greek manager,Greece plus others low-rated Nations are requesting me as Manager.
I do not know how it works for better NT teams,for example if you pick English nationality,if England NT will give you the job the first summer.

The first season you proposed National Jobs, from my personal experience, the first team is usually the Nationality you pick for your manager.At least for me that i choose to be a Greek manager,Greece plus others low-rated Nations are requesting me as Manager.
I do not know how it works for better NT teams,for example if you pick English nationality,if England NT will give you the job the first summer.

Yeah I'm trying to manage USA so hopefully I get it. Appreciate the response. Same to @Emroth

I only ever accept a national team job in ML when I feel im at the end of my career i agree its annoying doing both

I managed 8 seasons with my padova team on 2018 and retired so to speak after i finally won the league then i managed italy and simmed the club games and took italy to the world cup Q/F lost and retired to open a butchers with my sole league title medal on display

First Milano derby,lost 1-0 in a fantastic game,no OP CPU but a smart sharp CPU that pressed me so hard,once they got their goal in the 43rd minute,they pretty much switched tactics and backed off and played a solid defense.
Top three derbies for me on PES

I just got nailed by Liverpool away. They were on red mentality all the entire match, with gegenpress also. Couldn´t make a solid match and lost 4-0. Oh well, hope next one runs better.

i have been playing the xbox one version this week, as i have game pass, it just doesn't play as nice as the PC version, something just feels really off on it...Plus on PC i play at 144hz and the lower latency on PC is definitely noticeable. Even so its more than that. Can't put my finger on what it is though.

I only ever accept a national team job in ML when I feel im at the end of my career i agree its annoying doing both

I managed 8 seasons with my padova team on 2018 and retired so to speak after i finally won the league then i managed italy and simmed the club games and took italy to the world cup Q/F lost and retired to open a butchers with my sole league title medal on display

how's the customer AI in butcher mode? Do they just spam you with requests for lamb chops or do they sometimes try a few tenderloin or t-bones?

and do environmental health only ever award fixed penalty notices to you and never the baker next door?

@fregen time to break out the champagne? #iffiff

Hope you'rer enjoying Pes 19 since the update,know you're a online guy,and have no clue how it has change there

Haha, yeah! It would have been unbearable if they had somehow beaten Chelsea...

Well, I enjoy it quite a bit but I'm slowly getting to the point where the game starts to repeat itself a bit too much. Also, I'm tired of self righteous FUMA- players who still pick Liverpool and just spam through balls too Mané/Salah.

I can't say I have seen that many changes tbh

Haha, yeah! It would have been unbearable if they had somehow beaten Chelsea...

Well, I enjoy it quite a bit but I'm slowly getting to the point where the game starts to repeat itself a bit too much. Also, I'm tired of self righteous FUMA- players who still pick Liverpool and just spam through balls too Mané/Salah.

I can't say I have seen that many changes tbh

I get it.
Me actually being quite new to Pes 19,since I gave up on it early on really enjoy it.
Haven't really played online with it,a few myclub games early in,but I guess it's a big difference to normal online games.

I play a lot of NHL online,mainly getting tired of the crowd playing it.
Seems like mic'd up online gamers no matter game is 85% assholes
Is it better online than Pes 18?
Played quite a lot online with that,except always playing Liverpool kids,I liked it

Haven't played for a couple of days, came home for lunch to play, really excited to carry on the ML after reading @rockstrongo's ML stories.

First thing that happens?

That's on Top Player too (got fed up of losing every header etc. on Superstar, and it turns out there's no real difference).

Immediately wanted to turn it off - these AI kick-off goals are happening to me every other game.

I didn't, and I ended up drawing, but it felt shit to play. No joy whatsoever. The response times were fucking awful - I ended up playing on +2 just to elimate the lag, and it still prevented me making relatively simple passes and/or taking potshots.

Think I'm done now. Feel a total moron for spending the last 2-3 weeks editing everything...

(By the way, the frantic cursor-flicking - that was me fighting the game, trying to select Shelvey, and it kept deselecting him.)

Haven't played for a couple of days, came home for lunch to play, really excited to carry on the ML after reading @rockstrongo's ML stories.

First thing that happens?

That's on Top Player too (got fed up of losing every header etc. on Superstar, and it turns out there's no real difference).

Immediately wanted to turn it off - these AI kick-off goals are happening to me every other game.

I didn't, and I ended up drawing, but it felt shit to play. No joy whatsoever. The response times were fucking awful - I ended up playing on +2 just to elimate the lag, and it still prevented me making relatively simple passes and/or taking potshots.

Think I'm done now. Feel a total moron for spending the last 2-3 weeks editing everything...

(By the way, the frantic cursor-flicking - that was me fighting the game, trying to select Shelvey, and it kept deselecting him.)
Chris i feel your pain / irritation mate. This would have had me gnashing my teeth at the very least. Everything wrong with current pes to say the least. Script deciding you should concede and nothing else.
Rest assured that even with pc mods you won't ever get a perfect mix or at least that's something that's slowly becoming clear to me. You might have seen me harping on about @incas36 amazing DT files (and they are that - amazing) but even then the game has fundamental flaws. @incas36 had managed to remove part of the script and now I never feel cheated anymore. I'm not kidding, not ever.

However this also turns the cpu into tame sheep. 8 out of 10 matches there will hardly be any threat and the only satisfaction comes from being ON the ball and scoring. And even then there's so little variation in scoring. It drives me nuts that scoring from distance is impossible again! That makes shooting power and accuracy worthless and so little stats matter so little nowadays as it is.

There's a variation of the mod but brings back cpu threat in a very good way BUT here's the kicker : the cheating returns.

So roughly 2 choices: balanced but flat gameplay or more exciting but cheaty.

I think you'd be in your full rights to walk away from the game now. If nothing changes on the pc modding front I will do the same after this season and will give fifa a fair shake I think.

Back
Top Bottom