PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I did another two games in the chinese ML I started (game modded, SS etc.). Given the tone of the last two pages I feel almost guilty to say that I enjoyed them more than I tought I would have :LOL:. The first was a rival game in which I lost 1-0, but was a good battle nonetheless, I've even saw the cpu attempt dribbling more than once. Then the asian champions league.. usually, regular CL is where the ML jump the shark for me, with medium teams bombing me like the latest 0-5 against Lyon in my Tottenham run.. this time instead it was a nice balanced 0-0.

Yeah not many goals so far, but that's part of the charm honestly. With the limits and the flaws of the case, CPU feels a bit more human and tries different/fails stuff. It truly gives it all a low league feel- then, I'm prepared to see it all disappear the next game but this whole experience to me it's the proof that with a bit of a right focus they'd give us a fun game from the get go.. even with this engine and possibilities.

Yea, I´ve built a pretty decent attack, but maybe my defense wasn´t as solid as needed for PL. Season is over now, and I decided to go with Huddersfield on more year (none of the offers convinced me to change club). Will work on the starting transfer market to build a proper team and see what I can get from there.
If i decide to have a 5 season run I usually focus on rebuilding Def first season ,mf 2nd season and so on until a have a good lineup with a young backup 11 behind them,and around season 5 or so,the young players are good enough for a starting 11,then sell my aging players for a young backup squad.

Didn't do that with Atalanta since it was a test run more or less

I did another two games in the chinese ML I started (game modded, SS etc.). Given the tone of the last two pages I feel almost guilty to say that I enjoyed them more than I tought I would have :LOL:. The first was a rival game in which I lost 1-0, but was a good battle nonetheless, I've even saw the cpu attempt dribbling more than once. Then the asian champions league.. usually, regular CL is where the ML jump the shark for me, with medium teams bombing me like the latest 0-5 against Lyon in my Tottenham run.. this time instead it was a nice balanced 0-0.

Yeah not many goals so far, but that's part of the charm honestly. With the limits and the flaws of the case, CPU feels a bit more human and tries different/fails stuff. It truly gives it all a low league feel- then, I'm prepared to see it all disappear the next game but this whole experience to me it's the proof that with a bit of a right focus they'd give us a fun game from the get go.. even with this engine and possibilities.
It's pretty great that it's individuality in the different leagues.
Yeah,SS is to me the most life like difficulty,even though it triggers the better teams in to almost Impossible ones,still they make bad decisions quite often

It's pretty great that it's individuality in the different leagues.
Yeah,SS is to me the most life like difficulty,even though it triggers the better teams in to almost Impossible ones,still they make bad decisions quite often

I've no idea if it's really like this tho. I've played with this mod only in chinese ML. Is the feel different in PL or Serie A? Would indeed be great if it was.

I've no idea if it's really like this tho. I've played with this mod only in chinese ML. Is the feel different in PL or Serie A? Would indeed be great if it was.
I only play Serie A,but the last time I tried both was PES 15,and then the difference was huge.
I generally feel they've nailed the pace in Serie A well

I only play Serie A,but the last time I tried both was PES 15,and then the difference was huge.
I generally feel they've nailed the pace in Serie A well
So far I've tried dutch league, serie A, spanish league, EPL, fake Bundesliga and scottish league.
And personally I dont see much of a difference between them from the 'flow' or style point of view. Not nearly enough to what Id like to see. In order to achieve this we would need proper player and team ID and this is severely lacking in Pes19.

What I did see tho, is difference in stats. Smaller, weaker leagues are way more fun. Heavy touches, physicality, randomness, misses.. you can see more "scrap" football in smaller leagues, which makes matches way more fun.
I have less goals in scottish ML (last three games were 0-1, 0-0, 2-0) but at the same time I have more chances (average both teams have +10 shots on goal).

We could say - ah yeah - thats down to profesional difficulty. But I also tried all the others on Profesional.

So far I've tried dutch league, serie A, spanish league, EPL, fake Bundesliga and scottish league.
And personally I dont see much of a difference between them from the 'flow' or style point of view. Not nearly enough to what Id like to see. In order to achieve this we would need proper player and team ID and this is severely lacking in Pes19.

What I did see tho, is difference in stats. Smaller, weaker leagues are way more fun. Heavy touches, physicality, randomness, misses.. you can see more "scrap" football in smaller leagues, which makes matches way more fun.
I have less goals in scottish ML (last three games were 0-1, 0-0, 2-0) but at the same time I have more chances (average both teams have +10 shots on goal).

We could say - ah yeah - thats down to profesional difficulty. But I also tried all the others on Profesional.
That’s down to professional mate...:)
I might speak from a view that I have all my teams set up via the “line fix”
Might have something to do with it.
But I feel that the ML I had on professional/TP in Scotland plays more frantic than my Serie A on SS
The ML I had with Aberdeen was from day one gameplay.
Then again ,when on the stats that you mentioned ,they do matter how teams play,as you described,that’s why I’m still believing that a smart Defensive Italian side/league plays different from a more frantic Spanish/ English team.
I’m noticing a big difference just by switching from Atalanta to Milan

But I feel that the ML I had on professional/TP in Scotland plays more frantic than my Serie A on SS
The ML I had with Aberdeen was from day one gameplay.
Now that might have something to do with our experiences.
Dutch, spanish, italian and bundesliga were all done before all the patches and fixes.
So now they might feel different.

EPL and scottish were both after the patches and they do feel different indeed. But I think its just because of team strenghts.
(Im not counting my recent SS/Legend trials. Thats a whole different story)

Now that might have something to do with our experiences.
Dutch, spanish, italian and bundesliga were all done before all the patches and fixes.
So now they might feel different.

EPL and scottish were both after the patches and they do feel different indeed. But I think its just because of team strenghts.
(Im not counting my recent SS/Legend trials. Thats a whole different story)
Its probably team id/strengths
Still believe that difficully matters,my experience is Profesional plays calmer
Maybe harder difficulty gets team I'd/strengths more unlocked.

My players play more to their stats on higher difficulty,than on profesional,I don't get caught by defenders as easy on SS than on profesional/TP,on the other hand CPU plays to their strengths more to.
Don't know mate.
I'm quite happy right now tho,never believed that would happen
You ok with your ML?

Last edited:
More an "editing" topic, but just to put a little bit more work for guys who like editing!! :P
This year i discovered channels at youtube through a topic in "pesgaming", which proposed "basecopy" "scanned-face" players to give likeness to players that have a "fake" or irrelevant face in-game.The in-game editor does a good job, but only with some players ,cause it has aged bad and it is a little bit out-dated now in 2019.
The process is simple. You have a player with "fake/bad" face. He can be a Brasileirao Player, or a fake player from an Unlicensed National team or whoever you like.
* It does not work, with the players with scanned face already, as the basecopy option is locked for them as you know. So you go to:

1)edit player, find the player you want to edit,
2)pick basecopy,
3)find the player who has already scanned face in-game and looks alike him,
4)you apply the basecopy and then
5)you go to each separate section and you Revert to Default each part separately.
*6)If he has fake name, you correct the name.
*7) If he is a player add through LIVE UPDATE, he cannot revert to default, so keep notes or see pesmaster, but you will miss important parts of him ,like player motion, Freekick style, body-type,etc.

The process is quit simple and quick. You can see an example HERE
Some awesome guys (most from Brasil who do this process are THIS , THIS2 and THIS3 youtube channels.
UPDATE: Also some great work on individual players HERE.

Last edited:
Yeah, Im happy enough with both of them actually - wolves and kilmarnock.
They both play fairly ballanced, slow build up, nice style. There are flaws, we all know them, but I have more enjoyable matches than frustrating ones, so happy days.

Dont know, maybe im just too shite to play on SS..
That's the key,more good games than shit games

More an "editing" topic, but just to put a little bit more work for guys who like editing!! :P
This year i discovered channels at youtube through a topic in "pesgaming", which proposed "basecopy" "scanned-face" players to give likeness to players that have a "fake" or irrelevant face in-game.The in-game editor does a good job, but only with some players ,cause it has aged bad and it is a little bit out-dated now in 2019.
The process is simple. You have a player with "fake/bad" face. He can be a Brasileirao Player, or a fake player from an Unlicensed National team or whoever you like.
* It does not work, with the players with scanned face already, as the basecopy option is locked for them as you know. So you go to:

1)edit player, find the player you want to edit,
2)pick basecopy,
3)find the player who has already scanned face in-game and looks alike him,
4)you apply the basecopy and then
5)you go to each separate section and you Revert to Default each part separately.
*6)If he has fake name, you correct the name.
*7) If he is a player add through LIVE UPDATE, he cannot revert to deafult, so keep notes or see pesmaster, but you will miss important parts of him ,like player motion, Freekick style, body-type,etc.

The process is quit simple and quick. You can see an example HERE
Some awesome guys (most from Brasil who do this process are THIS , THIS2 and THIS3 youtube channels.
Love it!!
if they would add the 2 names of the players (the one with the generic face and the one i'm grabbing the face from) in the video description, that would be helpfull!! Maybe a list with all players would add too!! I’d do that editing! And thanks for hinting!!
for the first example video it would be: Gilberto > B. Yilmaz (Trabzon)
nic-cage-face-off-gif.gif

if they would add the 2 names of the players (the one with the generic face and the one i'm grabbing the face from) in the video description, that would be helpfull!!
for the first example video it would be: Gilberto > B. Yilmaz (Trabzon)
Yeah truly. Some do, others do not. The first channel Ls Silva does what you say in his descriptions. I am working basically based on his Brasil/ClassicTeams, as the description has all the info and helps do the job faster. The others are just for diversity, as they have Argentine etc individuals.

UPDATE: EXAMPLE
Vl5z9kE.png

Last edited:
Yeah truly. Some do, others do not. The first channel Ls Silva does what you say in his descriptions. I am working basically based on his Brasil/ClassicTeams as the description has all the info and helps do the job faster.
Let’s create an online document for us all to fill out. Add players n such.
Or you can forward that idea to those guys!! One list to see them all.
The way of editing is easy as pie. Seen it once and it’s all clear.

Edit: back in the days I was looking for face creation videos online. Where some users created famous player faces from scratch using the ingame editor. I wanted the face of, for example Robben, to be better/right! Lot of work but worth it, imo.

Last edited:
Let’s create an online document for us all to fill out. Add players n such.
Or you can forward that idea to those guys!! One list to see them all.
The way of editing is easy as pie. Seen it once and it’s all clear.
To be honest i started doing a .doc file with LsSilva descriptions, but is a lot extra work added to the already extra work, we have to do to full edit the game. :( :( So i abandoned the project and i just follow the videos notes/images.
I also commented to them in some cases but did not take a response, but no offense to them, they do already a lot more job just to play a game. :) Maybe someone who speaks Portuguese/Spanish could contact them with better luck, as they are most Brasilians/Argentinians.

Also @PRO_TOO 1 point i forgot to mention. We discussed it with @Chuny in PC section weeks ago. Do not revert the equipment section"boots/bands/tapes/sleeves/socks lenght?etc" to default, but edit them manually, cause the process,at least in PS4 is bugged by KONAMI and locks you out of using a specific pair of boots. Try do edit this section manually.

Furthermore KONAMI could make our lives easier, if they would let us basecopy only the "face" or if we could Revert to default the stats section "stats/skills/playingstyle/COMplayingstyle" all at once, or even better if we could combine different faces with hairstyles as pre 2016.

Given this season performance i afraid the partnership between Schalke 04 will be a one-off only..
I dont think they have a luxury of picking teams by performance. They are happy enough with every single team that they can get, especially from Bundesliga.
So I reckon the deal will last as long as Schalke (not Konami) wants.

Has anyone had any success scoring goals from 25+ meters out after dp4.0 ?
Its weird coz they were, IMO, nicely ballanced up till dp4. Now its borderline impossible to score. And after switching back to basic shooting its even worse.
Freekicks - fair enough. They were bit too easy. But long range shots were fine.

My 3rd season is now on the way and after upgrading my defense, it seems like I have more chances now. Got 2 draws against M. United and Leicester, really tough matches, but it was fun to notice that now, with my two good CB´s, CPU can´t abuse my defense as easy as before.

My 3rd season is now on the way and after upgrading my defense, it seems like I have more chances now. Got 2 draws against M. United and Leicester, really tough matches, but it was fun to notice that now, with my two good CB´s, CPU can´t abuse my defense as easy as before.
Huge difference right.

2016 isn't even the same game base as 2019. Its like building something completely different every few years. No wonder PES isn't that good. Konami doesn't build on their latest release. 2016 has good AI attacking and defending also smoother dribbling animations. Its completely mental.

Huge difference right.

Indeed! I played the last 10 matches on my last season with no trust at all, but now it seems there´s a lot mre confindence on the team, both on attack and defense, and it´s very noticeable on AI behaviour as well. Might have a good run on this one. Lets see how it goes.

Wow, I think I´m really going to quit this. When I come here to praise the game, or when I think I´m settled with certain dificulty, this games proves me totally wrong!! What the Hell is this game!? Seriously.

The past two hours I´ve been having one of the worst experiences ever with PES. I´m on the first Cup match, against Rotherham, a 64 average team, against my 78ish... First thing I noticed, they come to my turf on a 4-3-3 formation, and as soon as the match starts, they are attacking with gegenpress all over the place, the damn whole match!!! They´re all over me, Dembele and Rashford can´t outrun anyone, they´re pressure is pure perfection, same as their passing, wich is soooo fast and effetive that it would leave Barcelona´s tiki taka ashamed!!!

Seriously guys, this is indescribable!!! This! A team that struggles on 2nd division, is totally destroying a PL team who fights for top places on the league! Where in the hell is the realism on this game? I mean, I would love some serious challenge and all, but this is f#@%ing unnaceptable!

We could argue that on other leagues this might not happen, but how are we supposed to accept a game that has some broken leagues? It´s not the fact that I will loose a certain match, but it´s more about how hopeless I am when the game decides I have to loose, just because it´s a cup match! I´m done with this now.

Back
Top Bottom