PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Now that´s a new thing I´m sure Konami will announce next year! Who cares about gameplay, if you can have SIMEONE CELEBRATION!!!! Yeeeessss ladys and gentleman! Now that would be something!

You are talking about this PES2016?
(Please note: Superstar level - maxed out difficulty!)

Lol exactly.
16 and 17 were easy and every other match was a goalfest and i remember people complaining that they can win the PL with West Brom..
Then Konami made it tougher for 18 and 19,with a cost of increasing scripting maybe,but at least it's a challenge now and more difficult which i prefer.Now with a shit team you're gonna suffer and not being able to win the league which is more realistic at least.
People always gonna find an excuse to shit on the newer pes and praise some older one even if it's worse.
Saying that 16 was tougher is just cringe..
Also i'm almost sure that the team who made the last 6-7 games is the same so how come they suddenly stink now lol?

Even though I like some parts of 16,Pes 18-19 is miles ahead.
I must be playing Pes 19 wrong since I don't get that many open shots outside the box.
Who knew
Me neither. What pisses me off at the minute is start of any new ML.
I might have perfect game of football, it feels good, it plays well, i have 60-40 possession and then they have one hyper play and score. As long as TS is low the games feels like fighting with the wind.
It should be fair from the get go.
But sure, we all know thats the case in ML and its been like this for a very long time.

Me neither. What pisses me off at the minute is start of any new ML.
I might have perfect game of football, it feels good, it plays well, i have 60-40 possession and then they have one hyper play and score. As long as TS is low the games feels like fighting with the wind.
It should be fair from the get go.
But sure, we all know thats the case in ML and its been like this for a very long time.
That's a valid point.
I had 10-15 great games,had a few shit games lately,not game breaking ,but not good
You know 4-3 wins where no matter how good I play the CPU (low rated teams) it kicks in to a 85 ovr team.

I've changed my tactics when playing lower ranked teams,instead of 4-3-3 I'm playing 4-4-2.
And playing more reserve players Vs those teams have made my games better.
Right now I'm back to better games again.
Guess I'm over the scripting hump for a while.
Still having better games than any other game (yeah I've tried Pes 15-16-17 and fifa 19 past days)
But it's frustrating,to put it mildly

And btw @Emroth I played Empoli, I had 68-32 possession shots 28-7 still had to fight like a beast to scrap a 2-1 win.
Good thing?
Hard as hell winning
Bad thing?
I should have won it 6-0 if it wasnt for the scripting.
Don't mind scripting in their Def.
But the OP attacking CPU sometimes gets insane

Last edited:
TS shouldn´t exist.
Player stats should be less and 100% representative of what they can do (this once again would mean TS is not necessary).
Transfers should be way harder overall for all players (less prize money and contracts harder to agree).
Better teams should be way harder to beat than worse ones (again, with accurate stats, this would be easily achieved).

The way things are now doesn´t work. The game has a rather good ball physics and visuals, but the coding behind is messing up everything in a confusing experience.

I do have to say tho, that since I just let go, this game, overall, is quite enjoyable. Whether its a win or loss i just move on to the next. Feck it.

It will be a miracle if 2020 is good, one year at Konami is really six months of development. This PS4 generation is bad. PS5 and a new game engine with a better lead developer is what it's going to take. Better AI, player movement, and a great physical contact system is long overdue. 2024 maybe.

TS shouldn´t exist.
Player stats should be less and 100% representative of what they can do (this once again would mean TS is not necessary).
Transfers should be way harder overall for all players (less prize money and contracts harder to agree).
Better teams should be way harder to beat than worse ones (again, with accurate stats, this would be easily achieved).

The way things are now doesn´t work. The game has a rather good ball physics and visuals, but the coding behind is messing up everything in a confusing experience.
i dont want to let go that feature asap (for now)!
to me, TS could be a good thing, but only on top of what you said so rightly!
stats first! but then, hey like in real life, a team needs to adapt a little, players need to get to know each other...
so this is when TS should kick in: as a bonus after some time (and i mean some weeks or month of playing (mostly) the same team)!
so when you have 2 teams with same average team level and nearly all players are the same on both sides (just for this example) then TS should give a little bonus to the team that played in this formation and with these specific 11-14 players for some longer time! how that "bonus" is unfolding on the pitch i dont know right now.
maybe its the passes that can be received better, or runs from the striker could be better (as he knows his team mate playing the high cross), goalies could be working together more with the CB's they know (beeing a 12th field player like)... and so on...! hope you get me!
just an idea of mine.

i dont want to let go that feature asap (for now)!
to me, TS could be a good thing, but only on top of what you said so rightly!
stats first! but then, hey like in real life, a team needs to adapt a little, players need to get to know each other...
so this is when TS should kick in: as a bonus after some time (and i mean some weeks or month of playing (mostly) the same team)!
so when you have 2 teams with same average team level and nearly all players are the same on both sides (just for this example) then TS should give a little bonus to the team that played in this formation and with these specific 11-14 players for some longer time! how that "bonus" is unfolding on the pitch i dont know right now.
maybe its the passes that can be received better, or runs from the striker could be better (as he knows his team mate playing the high cross), goalies could be working together more with the CB's they know (beeing a 12th field player like)... and so on...! hope you get me!
just an idea of mine.
TS should be like Adaptive AI. Same way AI (allegedly) adapts to our way of playing, our Team Mates should adapt to our way of playing when on High TS.
Our Team Mates should "know", "understand" and "predict" what we will do next and make runs and position themselves better to help us.
For the moment its just an extra difficulty level in the background.

TS should be like Adaptive AI. Same way AI (allegedly) adapts to our way of playing, our Team Mates should adapt to our way of playing when on High TS.
Our Team Mates should "know", "understand" and "predict" what we will do next and make runs and position themselves better to help us.
For the moment its just an extra difficulty level in the background.
didnt we had that "adaptive AI" feature in PES years ago...?! afair it was officially on the packaging!
in my mind its another feature (with a lot of potential reg. the sim-route) announced but not evolved or focused on to much later on (if any from the start)!

If you remember, the good TS system was already on previous PES, older ones I think. We could see it when we bought a new player, and on the tactics screen he didn´t had the same "connection" as all the other players. I used to notice that in the first matches, that player would not be as easy to play with, missed passes etc. To a certain extent, this is the essence we need, but like Emroth says, now it just feels like a dificulty level in the background. To me, it even looks like an excuse to loose a bunch of matches on the first season.

It also doesn´t make sense at all, when you choose a new team, to have the TS so low. You´re the new guy there, but the players were there already. I think that TS is way overpowered, and instead, we should have a Team level and players stats way more powerfull than TS. It should influence the outcome in 10%, not 90%.

Funny thing though, when we buy players that "understand" our tactics, they increase our TS. A new player should need sometime to fit the team.

Totally, @xicpanad .
To be honest, the way it is now, id rather if they were honest and transparent and we could see all the players stats dropped (same way we see lower stats when player plays on unfamiliar position) on low TS.
At least we would know where we are with our team. As it is - you have players with 80+ defending and positioning and they look like they drank few shots of Lidl's finest whisky (Queen Margot. Aged 5 years)

I can sort of understand if you come to a new team and change formation and tactics and strategies. Thats fair enough - take some of my TS. But regardless if we change everything or not we still have about 50-60 at the start. That doesnt make any sense.

Even though I like some parts of 16,Pes 18-19 is miles ahead.
I must be playing Pes 19 wrong since I don't get that many open shots outside the box.
Who knew

I agree on 19, but 18 was simply awful. No fouls, no physical game, small teams playing on steroids. It felt like sterile fake football. Luckily this year they at least fixed the first two.

(not to defend 16, that had a lot of potential but unfortunately was released severely unfinished, but that's another story)

I agree on 19, but 18 was simply awful. No fouls, no physical game, small teams playing on steroids. It felt like sterile fake football. Luckily this year they at least fixed the first two.

(not to defend 16, that had a lot of potential but unfortunately was released severely unfinished, but that's another story)
I liked (or accepted 18 when Pes 19 were rubbish-low-cross inferno) 18,on release dreadful,it fell out of my grace quickly.
I played 16 a lot,and if it had fixed GK's and the fact that it didn't have fouls (penalties though) it had tons of promise.

Problem is when returning to Pes 15-16 now,is the fact that I've changed my XB1 to a XBX and having the telly set to 4k HDR 10 makes those games look like Pes 5.
I know I can fix the settings etc,but at the end of the day,Pes 19 (and for me,an updated Pes 18) is much better

I do have to say tho, that since I just let go, this game, overall, is quite enjoyable. Whether its a win or loss i just move on to the next. Feck it.
Agree.I don't understand why people replay matches and bother so much.Not only it's cheating from your side because you give yourself a second chance but it's also unrealistic as fuck.But if computer cheats you start bitching,if you cheat it's ok lol.Just move to the next match ffs.

T
It will be a miracle if 2020 is good, one year at Konami is really six months of development. This PS4 generation is bad. PS5 and a new game engine with a better lead developer is what it's going to take. Better AI, player movement, and a great physical contact system is long overdue. 2024 maybe.
your generous with 6 months work, I reckon it’s 3 months work at most spread out in 10months

Oh yes indeed. 18 in is in pes 2008 (ps3) territory for me. Absolute garbage in every way. 16 felt promising as I hadn't really played football games for a few years by that point. I really liked the "goal feel" in that one, it almost felt like pes of old. It then fell apart in a hurry though .

Totally, @xicpanad .
To be honest, the way it is now, id rather if they were honest and transparent and we could see all the players stats dropped (same way we see lower stats when player plays on unfamiliar position) on low TS.
At least we would know where we are with our team. As it is - you have players with 80+ defending and positioning and they look like they drank few shots of Lidl's finest whisky (Queen Margot. Aged 5 years)

I can sort of understand if you come to a new team and change formation and tactics and strategies. Thats fair enough - take some of my TS. But regardless if we change everything or not we still have about 50-60 at the start. That doesnt make any sense.
YES - this. There's simply too much variables. You've got player stats, form arrows, TS and all the new "preference" stats factored in. They just slapped it all together, no thought put into it at all. Back in the days was perfect, no need to change. Stats were leading, then teamwork stats and form arrows.

TS shouldn´t exist.

I totally agree on here about TS.
This must be the thing, why ML plays differently than all the other modes.

I played cup and league because after DP 4.0, my ML didn´t work cause of the OF´s, so I had to wait for a fix.
Those games felt so refreshing and really different. But I can´t say whether it´s due to DP 4.0 or no TS.
Or maybe both...can´t say.
I just can say that those league games been a lot of joy.

In my ML when sometimes I sign a costly player, I still have the feeling that he doesn´t really fit in the team, cause in the matches he doesn´t play well unlike some others that feel better.
Then either I stay patient and keep playing or I get rid of him.
Now I don´t know what´s the cause of this...TS? Or is it just me? I don´t believe that KONAMI programmed that on purpose.

But yeah, I also would say to cut TS and let the stats of a new signed player be dynamic for the good or for the bad, just whether he fits to the squad or he doesn´t.
But then again...maybe that´s what TS is about?

God knows...

The realistic optimist in me is overwhelmed by optimism!
Realistic...

CanineFaithfulBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

Be optimistic all you like! :D

They are selling it at 10€ on EU ps store. Bit tempted to buy it but i won't. I just don't want to support a software house that removes leagues because "space". That Italian and Spanish D2 removal still stings.

Realistic...

CanineFaithfulBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

Be optimistic all you like! :D
;)
I’d never go “the next game is worse than the last” when looking forward to it. It’s just my nature. Sure I had my experiences and yes, they should tell me a lesson... but hoping what COULD come is not stoping me beeing optimistic.
Same time the realist part in me had his experiences too. And that part knows how to calm down the optimistic part.
None the less... I like to spread positive vibes! :)

ps: if there wasn’t any good in the series, the realist in me would have taken over for sure. But there is still hope here, in Germany, Hessen, in a little town, in my apartment...

BTW: weekly special offer in the GER PSN store is PES2019: for 10 bucks (in words: ten)!!!
https://store.playstation.com/de-de/grid/STORE-MSF75508-DOTW2/1
Edit: ah, @Ameppe ninja’d me. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom