PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

This! A team that struggles on 2nd division, is totally destroying a PL team who fights for top places on the league! Where in the hell is the realism on this game? I mean, I would love some serious challenge and all, but this is f#@%ing unnaceptable!

We could argue that on other leagues this might not happen, but how are we supposed to accept a game that has some broken leagues?
There is no argument there, pal. In other leagues it would not happen. They dont have 2nd division teams... ;)
...Sorry, I couldnt stop myself. :LOL:

I hope you didnt spend those two hours replaying this one match.. thats what Im telling you guys. This game is like some fucking psychological test. The only way to survive, is to let go and move on from a shit game to the next. When we get the good ones - its really enjoyable. So why torture yourself with the shit ones?

Konami scripted matches be like
i-must-break-you.gif

Dont let them! ;)

There is no argument there, pal. In other leagues it would not happen. They dont have 2nd division teams... ;)
...Sorry, I couldnt stop myself. :LOL:

I hope you didnt spend those two hours replaying this one match.. thats what Im telling you guys. This game is like some fucking psychological test. The only way to survive, is to let go and move on from a shit game to the next. When we get the good ones - its really enjoyable. So why torture yourself with the shit ones?

Konami scripted matches be like
View attachment 12271

Dont let them! ;)

At 20+mins a game that's a lot of wasted time.

At 20+mins a game that's a lot of wasted time.
True. But Im only aiming at those who are still willing to play it.
Better to have wasted/shit 20mins every now and again, than waste few hours repeating same shitty game and ending up fuming afterwards. ;)

True. But Im only aiming at those who are still willing to play it.
Better to have wasted/shit 20mins every now and again, than waste few hours repeating same shitty game and ending up fuming afterwards. ;)

The cost of running Guantanamo Bay was about $500 million.
Mankind then had an idea.
Why pay $500m when you can create Master League ....and the people pay to be inmates at the PES facility.

reserve your place at PES bay for 2020 by preordering. Special edition comes with extra soap.

Its weird coz they were, IMO, nicely ballanced up till dp4. Now its borderline impossible to score. And after switching back to basic shooting its even worse.
Freekicks - fair enough. They were bit too easy. But long range shots were fine.
Exactly, thought I was losing it. It seems deeply embedded within the game after dp 4.0 as well because even with very good stats it is nigh-on impossible. Purely governed by script and not stats etc.I looked at some of my old replays before dp4.0 and it had me scoring all kinds of long rangers. Nerfed out of the game sadly. Anything that reduces goal variety is bad but of course it stems from myclub players not wanting to concede from far out, probably. That's another 2 stats (shot power and finishing) useless then. That along with speed being useless is disastrous.

I did repeat the game for "educational" purposes, trying to find why was it so psychadelic to play. I edited tactics over and over again, and in one occasion I even was winning 2-1 but I had to stop because of the fast pace the match was flowing with. This is my third season, and every single time the 1st cup match is a unfair challenge. Now that I had a much stronger team than the CPU I expected to have a rather soft challenge, but it was even worse than playing against Man United. CPU highest player overal was 71, all the other players had 65-, my lowest one was 74, and I have 8 players with 83+, including my CB´s, striker, GK and DMF´s. Instead, this match was played on steroids, I can´t even explain how fast it was going, with perfect passing and perfect tackling. Oh, and I swear, I had a penalty, clear as water, not called on one of the matches.

Finally I won 5-2, still a shitty match, but I played a couple more to try to find a better one. But they were played on the same psych mentality, super speedy and crazy head spinning flow. I coudn´t stand it and I quit the session, I believe for a long period this time.

I remembered with older PES, were when you get faster players, the match was playing faster as well, to a point were it was unrealistic. It could be that, as all my players are quite fast, and playing this on SS the CPU gets a boost to compensate. So this it, SS is no longer for me, Pro seems boring now, TP looks like it´s weird like ou guys say. Guess this game is over for me now. Might just pick up RDR2 and have some proper gaming fun.

Sorry for putting this game down lads, as I know some of you are still enjoying, but this is just too much.

Ok, so this years PES is probably over for me then. I read your posts about shooting and went to the training ground to try it out. I gave up after 25 min of not scoring one (1) single goal from outside of the box. Or, I should say, just a bit farther out than the box just to see if it was possible. Nope, was'nt. I tried Basic, Advanced and manual, no real difference more than you could score with R2 just INSIDE the box on Basic. Yes, it might be that there are no opponents except the goalkeeper, so he see can all the shots but I have been scoring in training before from outside the box when I went back and forth with which shooting- setting I should use. I used the highest setting for the keeper which I think is the standard for online matches.

And it's of course no idea to point this out to Konami since they don't care and like mentioned before probably is a design choice to please the MyClubbers for some reason.

Feel free to try it our for yourself and prove me wrong, no one would be happier than me if that was the case. :)

Last edited:
I did repeat the game for "educational" purposes, trying to find why was it so psychadelic to play. I edited tactics over and over again, and in one occasion I even was winning 2-1 but I had to stop because of the fast pace the match was flowing with. This is my third season, and every single time the 1st cup match is a unfair challenge. Now that I had a much stronger team than the CPU I expected to have a rather soft challenge, but it was even worse than playing against Man United. CPU highest player overal was 71, all the other players had 65-, my lowest one was 74, and I have 8 players with 83+, including my CB´s, striker, GK and DMF´s. Instead, this match was played on steroids, I can´t even explain how fast it was going, with perfect passing and perfect tackling. Oh, and I swear, I had a penalty, clear as water, not called on one of the matches.

Finally I won 5-2, still a shitty match, but I played a couple more to try to find a better one. But they were played on the same psych mentality, super speedy and crazy head spinning flow. I coudn´t stand it and I quit the session, I believe for a long period this time.

I remembered with older PES, were when you get faster players, the match was playing faster as well, to a point were it was unrealistic. It could be that, as all my players are quite fast, and playing this on SS the CPU gets a boost to compensate. So this it, SS is no longer for me, Pro seems boring now, TP looks like it´s weird like ou guys say. Guess this game is over for me now. Might just pick up RDR2 and have some proper gaming fun.

Sorry for putting this game down lads, as I know some of you are still enjoying, but this is just too much.
I'm relieved to know I'm not alone in witnessing this change - and there may well be other factors than just "DP4 broke something" - but whether I win or lose, the games are horrendously fast and "perfect" now. A couple of months ago I'd just started to appreciate how good the game was after the pre-DP4 patches. I'm gutted to see it "go".

I'm relieved to know I'm not alone in witnessing this change - and there may well be other factors than just "DP4 broke something" - but whether I win or lose, the games are horrendously fast and "perfect" now. A couple of months ago I'd just started to appreciate how good the game was after the pre-DP4 patches. I'm gutted to see it "go".

Yes, I was also "in love" with the game a few weeks ago. Everything was so organic and natural, predictable on a realistic way. Then they removed everything again! IT´s crazy. I wondered if something was broken and the ML matches had no TS effect or something, or at least, there was close to no scripting at all.

Funny the way yall say dp4 tweaked things to suit MyClub people. From twitter alone I see more myClub unhappy souls than ever before. Most say dp4 fucked things up.

So my guess would be that ballancing people got it a bit wrong in general, they were not aiming to suit selected group.

On the plus side, as far as rumour goes, next dp is early April so they might redeem themselves.

I'll wait and read everyone's reports before spending two weeks fixing all the data issues next time.
You and me both mate. It's fifa for me until then, haven't given it a fair shake yet so it's high time. Both games have many flaws but in pes' case what really gets on my tits is the lack of variety. Everything - after a certain point - feels so predetermined and there are only so many ways to score or defend. This along with some key stats not mattering makes it go stale very quickly. To be fair though it has only reached this point recently; pes18 was like this for me year round and imo because of it, a very bad game. This gives me some hope - simply because it was better before - that if there is indeed a dp in April and a patch comes along with it - things might change for the better. Hopefully the myclub crowd is complaining about the things that matter. Not holding my breath though and if Konami's track record is anything to go by, it'll get worse.

What data issues are we talking about, lads?
Just pure curiosity. I had some OF installed and I didnt notice anything wrong.

I dont go to much details really, checking all the players, so there might be issues i dont see.
Kits and teams seems to be correct so im happy enough.

PC - fair enough. There are mods and stuff that can go crazy after DP's. But im trying to understand how DP's are messing console versions.

PC - fair enough. There are mods and stuff that can go crazy after DP's. But im trying to understand how DP's are messing console versions.
If anything, I'd prefer modding on PC. Not only can you edit whatever you want, but you have the tools to fix data issues, right?

I posted in this thread about all the issues I had to fix. Option files will create players who Konami then add because they're transferred to a team, for example (most recently Almiron at Newcastle), so then you have two, but it goes far beyond that.

As an example, when Mourinho goes from United, you choose a fake manager, call him Solksjaer and transfer him in (that way, you have a Mourinho in the manager pool for your ML, for when a manager is sacked). A data pack will then remove your fake Solksjaer and replace him with an actual Solksjaer with a fake name (if that makes sense), giving you two Solksjaers. So you have to undo that, keeping the new one and removing the old one, replacing him with a real-world unemployed manager if possible (e.g. Conte), until they get hired by a team in the game, at which point you'll have two (Contes)...

Then you've got duplicate managers and players that Konami have created. Without an option file being involved. Most recently there was a guy loan-transferred from (IIRC) a French club to a South American club, but they just created him twice. There are loads of examples of that. I even spotted a few dupes like this by looking at their positions/attributes, who had slightly different names for some reason and who I wouldn't have spotted if I hadn't been eagle-eyed.

That's excluding all the AFC dupes, which don't appear in the ML under normal circumstances. Thankfully. (Teams from licensed Asian leagues that also play in the AFC competition are in the game twice, except the AFC version is frozen in time and not updated.)

Then you've got fake versions of players that become reset, who have incredible stats (because they're fake versions of incredible national-team players for example), so in the ML you'll see the world's best ever striker as a free agent and it'll be a player who doesn't exist (some 89 OVR guy called WEYMARNO or something), who somehow has never signed for a professional team up to now, but signs for a team in your league and becomes top scorer... Alongside the real version...

Etc. etc. etc.

I tried to make this process easier and export all my ballache for my mates' games, but when you import them, you lose all the free agents (managers and players), and there's also a bug where Live Update-added managers appear without names until you run a Live Update again after doing an import (which then messes some stuff up again)...

Last edited:
If anything, I'd prefer modding on PC. Not only can you edit whatever you want, but you have the tools to fix data issues, right?

I posted in this thread about all the issues I had to fix. Option files will create players who Konami then add because they're transferred to a team, for example (most recently Almiron at Newcastle), so then you have two, but it goes far beyond that.

As an example, when Mourinho goes from United, you choose a fake manager, call him Solksjaer and transfer him in (that way, you have a Mourinho in the manager pool for your ML, for when a manager is sacked). A data pack will then remove your fake Solksjaer and replace him with an actual Solksjaer with a fake name (if that makes sense), giving you two Solksjaers. So you have to undo that, keeping the new one and removing the old one, replacing him with a real-world unemployed manager if possible (e.g. Conte), until they get hired by a team in the game, at which point you'll have two (Contes)...

Then you've got duplicate managers and players that Konami have created. Without an option file being involved. Most recently there was a guy loan-transferred from (IIRC) a French club to a South American club, but they just created him twice. There are loads of examples of that. I even spotted a few dupes like this by looking at their positions/attributes, who had slightly different names for some reason and who I wouldn't have spotted if I hadn't been eagle-eyed.

That's excluding all the AFC dupes, which don't appear in the ML under normal circumstances. Thankfully. (Teams from licensed Asian leagues that also play in the AFC competition are in the game twice, except the AFC version is frozen in time and not updated.)

Then you've got fake versions of players that become reset, who have incredible stats (because they're fake versions of incredible national-team players for example), so in the ML you'll see the world's best ever striker as a free agent and it'll be a player who doesn't exist (some 89 OVR guy called WEYMARNO or something), who somehow has never signed for a professional team up to now, but signs for a team in your league and becomes top scorer... Alongside the real version...

Etc. etc. etc.

I tried to make this process easier and export all my ballache for my mates' games, but when you import them, you lose all the free agents (managers and players), and there's also a bug where Live Update-added managers appear without names until you run a Live Update again after doing an import (which then messes some stuff up again)...
I lost a bunch of players as well (Djilobodji, Siem de Jong to name a few), and what's worse I have 60 players called "Players" running around in my ML. Worse yet one of my rival teams acquired one of those players because of course he had insanely good stats. Goodbye immersion.

Etc. etc. etc.

Oh jesus, this will sound ignorrant, but i honestly didnt realise there's such a mess.
I think ill go with a version in my head, that if I have same two players, the other one is his twin, or really close cousin. :LOL:

Ps. I think our need to edit all those things sometimes might not be coming from need to have perfect squads, but rather from the "need" of editing. We spent so much time in the past editing everything on Pes, that for some of us, editing is more fun than actually playing. I used to love to do this. Now I just dont have time anymore..

PsPs. I never said I would rather console version than PC. I see all the mods, turf, cameras, stadiums on PC and im really pissed off that console players cant have that. But Konami squeezed way more than they deserve from me already to even consider getting PC and PC version.

Etc. etc. etc.

Unfortunately Chris even with KONAMI's frozen AFC you cannot avoid duplicates like this.
Sad part, the real Msakni playing for KAS Eupen is "added by live update" ,so cannot mess with him a lot ,without the revert to default ability, while the "materialized-form" one , who exists in the database besides any Live update, plays for his AFC old team (Al-Duhail). Just one of the much much more cases.

Ok, so this years PES is probably over for me then. I read your posts about shooting and went to the training ground to try it out. I gave up after 25 min of not scoring one (1) single goal from outside of the box. Or, I should say, just a bit farther out than the box just to see if it was possible. Nope, was'nt. I tried Basic, Advanced and manual, no real difference more than you could score with R2 just INSIDE the box on Basic. Yes, it might be that there are no opponents except the goalkeeper, so he see can all the shots but I have been scoring in training before from outside the box when I went back and forth with which shooting- setting I should use. I used the highest setting for the keeper which I think is the standard for online matches.

And it's of course no idea to point this out to Konami since they don't care and like mentioned before probably is a design choice to please the MyClubbers for some reason.

Feel free to try it our for yourself and prove me wrong, no one would be happier than me if that was the case. :)

Totally agree. Something has changed in the new update. The other thing I've noticed too is the Keepers, they have started to make the same animation dives over and over. As in before we were getting a little variety. They have started doing that awkward one handed save over and over and its wrecking my head.

As someone above said this game has predetermined ways of attacking. The CPU is too perfect. They way they hunt you down and always say toe to toe with you.

Annoying.

Now I just dont have time anymore.
Sorry, I had to quote myself there.
I was driving to work thinking
"I dont have time anymore" - says the fella, who woke up after two nights and before third one, went online, searched and downloaded kits, stadium images and manager images from Deportivo La Coruna and Mallorca and went to edit two weak teams in Spanish La Liga just to have Mallorca and Deportivo in the game.. :LOL:
We are all insane to put so much effort into this mess.. :LOL:

like I keep saying this Konami team isn’t good enough, they haven’t got the skills especially in the AI department, more of the same shit for pes 20 I can guarantee you that, Adam doesn’t talk about the intricacies in pes anymore cos he knows in the past he gave out false information and got mauled by die hard extremists, but for me if he does talk about the AI I will take notice cos he will be very confident this time round, that’s my sign of a great pes coming, atm it’s not even worth playing for free.

for me if he does talk about the AI I will take notice cos he will be very confident this time round, that’s my sign of a great pes coming
That is true. He is keeping low profile big time and he will want to make up for all his bullcrap and prove people "wrong" next time.

Had a few
But this probably my best screamer
25 meters?

This game ended 5-4 me,and was probably my worst game so far,I've been lucky to have enjoyed 14/15 ML Serie A games
Well Napoli and #juvemerda next

Nice one mate! Maybe it has to do with the fact that the keeper can se all the shots in free training then.

With that atmosphere this game is way more playable. I've exported some chants and ambience sound from FIFA 19. It took me quite long time to prepare it, but it's worth it.

+ @incas36 gameplay and tones of other mods.

Not the best quality as it wasn't necessary to upload a few gig video.

Can't wait to start ML with this incredible addition!

I've spotted a few good animations during this game though.

Is your camera mod pal?

Same here, but I thought this had to do something with uninstalling PTE Patch and installing Smoke Patch.
Do you think it´s the DP or do you use any Patch/OF?
Importing files created after a Live Update blanked a load of manager names for me (until I reapplied the Live Update, which undid a load of work I'd done). I wonder if it does something similar with players.

Importing files created after a Live Update blanked a load of manager names for me (until I reapplied the Live Update, which undid a load of work I'd done). I wonder if it does something similar with players.
Hmm maybe.
Not a big deal yet.
It affected only one player in my squad. It´s a GK I signed from the youth team...forgot his name though.
And I have seen it in the squad of an opponent team.

Back
Top Bottom