PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

They are selling it at 10€ on EU ps store. Bit tempted to buy it but i won't. I just don't want to support a software house that removes leagues because "space". That Italian and Spanish D2 removal still stings.

I think if you preordered you are guilty of supporting bad developer habits (hence don't preorder).

I've established the ML and MC are just wastes of time so I'd probs be paying just for league and exhibition mode and the occasional online match.

At this price, for me, I think its okay and this discount was what I was expecting and holding out for.

T

your generous with 6 months work, I reckon it’s 3 months work at most spread out in 10months
I think it's more that devs are so few that they work almost all year but they manage to make so little. It's the usual argument about Konami wanting to invest nothing, it reflects on dev times and quality of the game.

Isn't that a general trend this year/ season?
I saw Fifa/NHL/Madden/NBA live going on sale before new year on Xbox.
I bought both NHL 19/NBA live 19 for around $30 in January.
I genuinely think all big games are struggling to sell at the moment*. The new Battlefields have struggled, and now Anthem is getting panned by reviewers and gamers alike (Eurogamer reports that physical sales are really poor). It feels to me like gamers are starting to get burned out by AAA titles and that great graphics might be starting to mean less (fingers crossed).

*That being said, FIFA has been in the top ten sales chart ever since release... I think FIFA being on sale is when microtransactions dip, rather than game sales dip...

Last edited:
I genuinely think all big games are struggling to sell at the moment*. The new Battlefields have struggled, and now Anthem is getting panned by reviewers and gamers alike (Eurogamer reports that physical sales are really poor). It feels to me like gamers are starting to get burned out by AAA titles and that great graphics might be starting to mean less (fingers crossed).

*That being said, FIFA has been in the top ten sales chart ever since release...
I think so to Chris.
Which makes it strange that Fifa was in sale very early on,I remember both Fifa 17 and 18 were full (or thereabout) price all the way up until march/April the years they were out.

Either gaming companies are struggling,or it's a business decision (Fortnite etc are free) or PSN/Microsoft are trying to move in on the gaming market full steam ahead,selling cheaper digital copies than GameStop/Game does!

I remember most digital copies being quite expensive Vs disc ,but this season (August-now) it has changed (at least on Xbox)

And I'm using fifa as an example since it stays full price longer than Pes usually!

Ahh I miss the old days. When games came out and we knew it was the finished product. Now they sell Beta versions and hope to finish the products throughout the year and we, as costumers, are always scared that the next update might screw things that are actually working.
Thats the biggest problem. They are playing catch up for many years now. Finishing current game while working on half arsed next one.
Id seriously rather if they took a year off and got their shit together.

Ahh I miss the old days. When games came out and we knew it was the finished product. Now they sell Beta versions and hope to finish the products throughout the year and we, as costumers, are always scared that the next update might screw things that are actually working.
...and we read about these games in magazines made of paper before hiking to a store. We then got our copy (cartridge, disc) handed over by an employee and we were smiling like a child (cause we were kids back then)! We went home as fast as possible (by foot or bike), inserted the game and started playing.
Day one patches, online subscription services, loading the controller...?! anyone?! ;)
But I’m drifting away... :D

Thats the biggest problem. They are playing catch up for many years now. Finishing current game while working on half arsed next one.
Id seriously rather if they took a year off and got their shit together.
I think NBA Live did that,and it became better (still inferior to 2k)
Pes problem (in guessing here) is that it feels like they're starting from scratch each year,even though I think it's becoming better each year.
To bad patches screws it up and they save the game at the end of it's life span.
I'd rather see them keep the base of Pes 19 for Pes 20,and keep building from that.

Or like I've mentioned before,do it like NHL does update the game (kits faces etc) separately and then have tuner sets (game play patches ) separately and then being able to chose which one you want to play with.
My choice is 1.01(out of 5 sets) since it suits my gameplay the best.
They even brought back the beta set for a few weeks to gather info/feedback and then created a new set (which I haven't tried yet) don't know why more games have that option

Anyone remember Adam praising this new and exclusive feature adaptive AI. What happened to that feature.. That dude is fun.. :D:D
What are you talking about?
It's still in the game.
If you pay attention the cpu change it's advanced instructions through the game according to how you play.
For example if you score with someone and he's a threat they put Tight Marking on him or if you attack a lot they may put Deep Defensive Line etc.
That's what adaptive AI is.

bad patches screws it up and they save the game at the end of it's life span
See, I wouldnt agree with you there,at least not entirely. I think that, throughout the year, they test and tweak some things trying to find the right ballance and at the end they get there. Pes18 was a really decent game at the end, even tho I hated it for over half of its life cycle.
So Im really hoping they will get 19 right at the end. Especially that I wont be in any hurry getting 20. After few months I might get it for pack of peanuts anyway.
So ill be most likely playing 19 for a good while, since other game is breaking my balls..

Edit: im reading your post again and I think thats what you actually meant. That they save the game at the end.
Apologies, after weekend nights and switch to days my head is still wrecked

...and we read about these games in magazines made of paper before hiking to a store. We then got our copy (cartridge, disc) handed over by an employee and we were smiling like a child (cause we were kids back then)! We went home as fast as possible (by foot or bike), inserted the game and started playing.
Day one patches, online subscription services, loading the controller...?! anyone?! ;)
But I’m drifting away... :D

Man those games back then were timeless! We knew what we had, and were never crying about "oh update this, oh update that please!". That was the finished game, period. We enjoyed it for what it was. If it was good, we played it. If it was bad, we would regret a bit and move on. Now we´re stuck to the "hope they fix this soon" sindrome. Hate it!

Man those games back then were timeless! We knew what we had, and were never crying about "oh update this, oh update that please!". That was the finished game, period. We enjoyed it for what it was. If it was good, we played it. If it was bad, we would regret a bit and move on. Now we´re stuck to the "hope they fix this soon" sindrome. Hate it!
We even played it when it was bad. Because we had spend our hard earned birthday-, paperboy- or piggybank-money on that one game, say every few weeks/month. :D
If it was really bad we tried to exchange it with friends games at school or the playground (that’s the place where we played for real most of the time)!
platzsw.gif

Last edited:
See, I wouldnt agree with you there,at least not entirely. I think that, throughout the year, they test and tweak some things trying to find the right ballance and at the end they get there. Pes18 was a really decent game at the end, even tho I hated it for over half of its life cycle.
So Im really hoping they will get 19 right at the end. Especially that I wont be in any hurry getting 20. After few months I might get it for pack of peanuts anyway.
So ill be most likely playing 19 for a good while, since other game is breaking my balls..

Edit: im reading your post again and I think thats what you actually meant. That they save the game at the end.
Apologies, after weekend nights and switch to days my head is still wrecked
No worries mate.
Yeah I think they do a good job making the game better and better throughout its lifecycle
That's why it's so strange that they start off being weird as hell.
This year must have been the worst?
Low cross broke it after (for me) after 3-4 games.
Now I'm having great fun playing it
Strange company

What are you talking about?
It's still in the game.
If you pay attention the cpu change it's advanced instructions through the game according to how you play.
For example if you score with someone and he's a threat they put Tight Marking on him or if you attack a lot they may put Deep Defensive Line etc.
That's what adaptive AI is.

Don't know never experienced it but don't play that much against the AI anyway. But it was bull*** to praise it as the New big and exclusive feature. Nba 2k does this (in a way better Form) since about 5 or 6 years. And the advanced instruction changes are no adaptive AI for me. It's almost the same as the offensive or defensive setting and that's in the game since don't know Pes 2 or something like that.

yeah, i bought Fifa and Nba2k and i'm not impressed. Only 50$ down the drain for me. IMO sports games suck this generation.
Yes and no for me.
I think 2k is in a really bad state with the VC crap (only play Myleague)
If I had a PS4 I'd probably go all in on MLB.
Still ok and really liking NHL though,but yes I agree,but I don't think it's because they're bad,it's the time we live in right now.
This is what the majority (not us) want

No worries mate.
Yeah I think they do a good job making the game better and better throughout its lifecycle
That's why it's so strange that they start off being weird as hell.
This year must have been the worst?
Low cross broke it after (for me) after 3-4 games.
Now I'm having great fun playing it
Strange company
Strange culture..
Strange adult movies..:BLUSH:
Strange company..

It's all connected.:DD

Strange culture..
Strange adult movies..:BLUSH:
Strange company..

It's all connected.:DD
If we think that Pes got a rough deal by Konami.
How about MGS,last game was a joke.
Think Pes 19 is a fun and good game (now) and hope they patch it better.
But needs D2s for next one,otherwise I'm not sure I'm aboard for it.
Yeah...very far from our culture,for better and worse :)

I think that KONAMI very often uses (i was called this thing) "cheap drama" effect in PES 2019:
- when your shots hit the bars with terrifying frequency
- when an opponent (AI or real person) compares the score after your significant advantage
- when your players do not get the goal from a vantage point, from which it is easier to score than to miss
- when a game script comes into play that creates the needed situation, which is almost impossible to influence with any your's actions
- when the goalkeeper catches all the impossible balls
- when a player instead of strongly punching from a good position makes a heel kick like a dandy

Yes, of course it all makes the game quite spectacular, but not always realistic.

Haven't played for a couple of days, came home for lunch to play, really excited to carry on the ML after reading @rockstrongo's ML stories.

First thing that happens?

That's on Top Player too (got fed up of losing every header etc. on Superstar, and it turns out there's no real difference).

Immediately wanted to turn it off - these AI kick-off goals are happening to me every other game.

I didn't, and I ended up drawing, but it felt shit to play. No joy whatsoever. The response times were fucking awful - I ended up playing on +2 just to elimate the lag, and it still prevented me making relatively simple passes and/or taking potshots.

Think I'm done now. Feel a total moron for spending the last 2-3 weeks editing everything...

(By the way, the frantic cursor-flicking - that was me fighting the game, trying to select Shelvey, and it kept deselecting him.)

I know the feeling mate. The most frustrating thing in the world right now is the way the AI defends. They have no positional sense so to make up for that, they have ridiculous speed and agility and strength.

The worst thing about this is your inability to react quickly to marauding defenders.

Every challenge is a win for the AI defenders. They'll chase you down even if you're faster than them. They'll outmuscle you even if you're bigger and stronger than them.

And for whatever reason, even though I see the defender or the challenge coming, my player will not react in time or goes into some animation that doesn't reflect what I want him to do in that moment.

It's a frustrating mess.

..hmm.. another update today 1.11 just installed.. 'to fix some issues' it says..

Yeah they've never been known for getting into specifics

Tried a quick half on profffesional in a j league game. Too quick to tell but initial thought was it was quick and I conceded a goal like I did first time on release 3 quick passes with one back heel square ball back of the net.. Oh oh . Hope its just a coincidence

Back
Top Bottom