PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

The most frustrating thing about this game remains positioning.

Deep lines are going to be ripped apart by, the AIs favorite attacking tool the, low cross if the midfield isn't positioned to compensate for the deep line. They never are. Also deep line shouldn't mean drop all the way to the 6 yard box.

And also one touch passing in this game is excessive and frustrating. Teammates do it way too frequently as do opponents.

Quite fascinating. For both players are down about 1/3rd from their peak seasons. If I was in a responsible position, this would give me considerable pause. If I was in an executive position, this would be reason enough to fire whoever is in the responsible position.
Well...for Pes the decrease is kinda more understandable because they lost the CL.
Most players are casuals and most casuals are obsessed over licenses and most of them aren't even aware of patches or don't wanna bother with them and they just prefer to have all things correct out of the box.
For Fifa the decrease is more strange..They got the CL and still people are turning their backs to them.Seems like people start having enough with minimal to no changes year by year and a recycled product.There is even a big movement now online with hashtag changecareermode and they're pushing them to make big changes in the game and stop fucking around.There is even an issue now with microtransactions and some countries like Belgium and others want to make them illegal because it's basically gambling for kids.
Maybe all these things together will push both companies eventually to invest and improve their games for offline also and not depend only to making bucks from shitty online cards.We'll see..

Well...for Pes the decrease is kinda more understandable because they lost the CL.
Most players are casuals and most casuals are obsessed over licenses and most of them aren't even aware of patches or don't wanna bother with them and they just prefer to have all things correct out of the box.
For Fifa the decrease is more strange..They got the CL and still people are turning their backs to them.Seems like people start having enough with minimal to no changes year by year and a recycled product.There is even a big movement now online with hashtag changecareermode and they're pushing them to make big changes in the game and stop fucking around.There is even an issue now with microtransactions and some countries like Belgium and others want to make them illegal because it's basically gambling for kids.
Maybe all these things together will push both companies eventually to invest and improve their games for offline also and not depend only to making bucks from shitty online cards.We'll see..
I don’t think they care so much about this as it seems they consider their financial strategy successful.Possibly their mobile games+pes mobile+pes MC coins sales ,do the job they want to be done.Or else this is only a “media report” to act as fan-service and make happy the shareholders.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mcvuk.com/.amp/business/konamis-revenue-growth-led-by-mobile-games

I don’t think they care so much about this as it seems they consider their financial strategy successful.Possibly their mobile games+pes mobile+pes MC coins sales ,do the job they want to be done.Or else this is only a “media report” to act as fan-service and make happy the shareholders.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mcvuk.com/.amp/business/konamis-revenue-growth-led-by-mobile-games
Well at least if we want to see things positively we can hope that with all the money they made from this year's mc and mobile etc,they could invest it in the next game and really improve it.They were also hiring new stuff for different positions some months ago so maybe we'll see something better hopefully.
The thing is that if microtransactions get banned worldwide at some point as some rumors say,they will even be forced to focus much more on offline also to survive,or they're just gonna go bunkrupt lol.I hope for the first option.
Fifa will get a big hit from this also,but will survive more easily because of a much bigger playerbase.

Those numbers are wrong. There is no way Fifa lost 20 mln players.

According to both financial reports by EA and Konami, Fifa sales are a bit lower compared to last year but still sold 19 mln copies while Pes has stable sales around the usual 3 mln copies mark.

Also, Konami is extremely satisfied by Myclub performance and that should tell everyone what their focus is and will be for the future.
I got these numbers from here.I don't know how much truth they tell but they're based somewhere.They're only for ps4 and they don't take account of online income from cards etc but are based on how many people are playing based on trophies.

ice_screenshot_20190207-172926.png

C'mon, lads... im all about defending this game when its possible to defend it. Im letting a lot of things go, but you cant really call it dribbling! AI simply turned with a ball. There was no trick or skill involved. Going down this road soon we will be saying that AI dribbles when they run more than a yard without passing the ball.
Plus - this low shot was a simple tap in. Thing that AI specializes in this year. Pass and tap in. Pass and tap in. Id say 80-90% of the goals are like this.
Once you learn how to secure the back AI struggles. You dont have to be afraid of the fella with the ball, you just have to focus on his team mates and passing lanes. Because 90% of the time player with the ball WILL NOT go solo and shoot.

CPU used to dribble once in a blue moon even months ago:

It was so rare I recorded and put it up.. lol. Don't think anything significant changed in this regard with the new patch.

CPU used to dribble once in a blue moon even months ago:

Urgh, watching that reminds me why I just can't give all my love to PES - and it's the same every year.

A) Look at the way the ball instantly snaps into a new direction and locks onto a "rail" around the 2sec mark. I honestly think (and I say this as someone who enjoys the ball physics) that the ball physics get way too much credit.

B) The pass the striker makes around the 6sec mark. It's so direct, and backwards, and "locked-on" (again), and just... Dumb. The player then has to stop dead, then begin the acceleration process again (in one set direction, for a set period - it's not fluid).

It's like Scalextric football. That second one really annoys me when it's me passing to my own player, and he stops dead to receive it (meanwhile, the defenders catch up to him and just smash him off the ball).

When people say PES feels "organic" I always think "what are you talking about, this is the most robotic sports game of all sports games".

Urgh, watching that reminds me why I just can't give all my love to PES - and it's the same every year.

A) Look at the way the ball instantly snaps into a new direction and locks onto a "rail" around the 2sec mark. I honestly think (and I say this as someone who enjoys the ball physics) that the ball physics get way too much credit.

B) The pass the striker makes around the 6sec mark. It's so direct, and backwards, and "locked-on" (again), and just... Dumb. The player then has to stop dead, then begin the acceleration process again (in one set direction, for a set period - it's not fluid).

It's like Scalextric football. That second one really annoys me when it's me passing to my own player, and he stops dead to receive it (meanwhile, the defenders catch up to him and just smash him off the ball).

When people say PES feels "organic" I always think "what are you talking about, this is the most robotic sports game of all sports games".
While I agree with most, this pass was regular foot-to-foot pass, which should not even be used at this point. If it was a through pass it would look different.
But yeah, AI is not fluid enough if it comes to attacking. They stop and slow the game way too often waiting for this simple tap in opportunity.
I dont remember last time I was surprised by AI, either with uncexpected shot or some random attack.
Most of the time after loosing a goal im like
"Yup. I knew what they were planning all along, just didnt react fast/good enough"
I really miss those moments, where I was covering a defender for example, while AI had some random rocket shot from outside the box.
Pity, especially having all those dipping and rising shots this year.

Love this goals when the keeper dont even apear on the photograph like we use to say here in Brazil..

The goalkeeper literally starts running towards the ball, he easily had time to dive for it. Looks very odd like a coding glitch :BLINK: They had this right even in the PS2 days.

"Almost there." Yeah, to complete irrelevance

Fucking hell,I've edited team tactics for Serie A and Serie B(yes i have it,it's the championship originally) Scottish premiership (might play a ML there) and I'm going to edit top 8 teams in france/Spain/England and probably Eriedivise/Jupiler league to.

Then I'm ready for a ML,the tactic fix by Matt worked out good enough on my old Milan save,so here we go with a box fresh one

The quality of new stadiums is unavailable. It looks SOOOOOO real in every visual aspect. We've got every details implemented there.. In my opinion, the most beautiful and most realistic stadiums we have seen in any footy game. Ever.

The only problem is that funerary atmosphere.. Why KONAMI.. Why.. ? I wish we gonna get more stadium in future DLC either. A masterpiece.

I got these numbers from here.I don't know how much truth they tell but they're based somewhere.They're only for ps4 and they don't take account of online income from cards etc but are based on how many people are playing based on trophies.

View attachment 11352

Those numbers are simply wrong. Come on.. There is no way Fifa lost 20 Million players in one year.. I think this would be everywhere on the internet if that would be true. Same goes for Pes I think the numbers are pretty equal to the ones the last 2 years. I also think that Konami make a lot of cash with MyClub so they won't even care that much about sales. There also seems to be a huge Pes mobile fanbase.. It's everywhere on Twitter.. I also tried it after I read it everywhere but who plays a football game like that? The controls are completely sh**. Don't know how anyone can play this..

Those numbers are simply wrong. Come on.. There is no way Fifa lost 20 Million players in one year.. I think this would be everywhere on the internet if that would be true. Same goes for Pes I think the numbers are pretty equal to the ones the last 2 years. I also think that Konami make a lot of cash with MyClub so they won't even care that much about sales. There also seems to be a huge Pes mobile fanbase.. It's everywhere on Twitter.. I also tried it after I read it everywhere but who plays a football game like that? The controls are completely sh**. Don't know how anyone can play this..

player numbers will rise because the availability of tech is reaching more people.

not everyone has the means for a console, good internet and all the accessories. but lots of people own a mobile.

in business terms, I think it makes more sense to focus on the masses which is why I think we lack a superfine product on PC/console currently. if this is the case, don't expect any significant improvements to your game in the coming years.

in this forum some of us probably think we are the gaming standard - in actual fact we are the gaming elite simply because the gaming population became more inclusive in recent years

First game of my Atalanta ML
VS Napoli,and of course Insigne.
One of 2-3 dribble moves he made on me
Middle,just outside the box
Didn't see dribbling before (hardly played to b fair)

Last edited:
I watched @Matt10 's video and I think I might actually do a ML on console just so I don't have to edit every like I would before making a proper BAL save.

At least until I get the PC version. His fix looks promising.

Spot on!

"Out of the box, the attacking CPU AI was extremely one dimensional. After the patch that was supposed to fix the AI, the attacking variety is still underwhelming and predictable. Rarely shooting from distance, the CPU still spams the wings with attacks and doesn’t play to its strengths. Imagine playing Barcelona and Messi is simply just another guy. A lot of the AI behavior can be attributed to a poorly designed and implemented tactics menu, but at its core, the AI in PES 2019 needs some serious attention. FIFA’s isn’t perfect by any means, suffering from some odd animations and decision making, but the attacking variety when playing the CPU is more realistic."

https://www.operationsports.com/three-things-pes-can-do-to-close-the-gap-on-fifa/

I've had 6 games now and the AI and positioning is shocking. Wish I had some videos. Firstly there's just so much space which makes the game constant end to end. Nearly every attack there's a shot on goal. Example I've seen just is I havevthe ball unmarked in midfield. I'm now clear to run at the deffence. They just back off to the edge of the area allowing me to dribble to about 20 yards from goal. The right back runs away from me. I eventually shoot, deflection tap in

Spot on!

"Out of the box, the attacking CPU AI was extremely one dimensional. After the patch that was supposed to fix the AI, the attacking variety is still underwhelming and predictable. Rarely shooting from distance, the CPU still spams the wings with attacks and doesn’t play to its strengths. Imagine playing Barcelona and Messi is simply just another guy. A lot of the AI behavior can be attributed to a poorly designed and implemented tactics menu, but at its core, the AI in PES 2019 needs some serious attention. FIFA’s isn’t perfect by any means, suffering from some odd animations and decision making, but the attacking variety when playing the CPU is more realistic."

https://www.operationsports.com/three-things-pes-can-do-to-close-the-gap-on-fifa/
For starters, i would like the upper-right line in ML, to show us the two budgets and the current calender date, not the GP and COINS which is pretty useless in any other online/offline mode except for MyClub. Also until today,maybe i am stupid enough, i cannot still understand the point of "Co-oP room list" with L3 being available in every menu page of the game. If i want CooP i will go to the respective mode pages/menus, thanks anyway KON.

@Alx1234 Last week i saw a thread in reddit,i think it was about onilne/offline modes, where someone called us, the members of evo-web forum, a bunch of elitists! @MafiaMurderBag tried to defend the forum with reasonable posts, but you know reddit is an ocean of opinions that everything is lost and forgot pretty easy.

Last edited:
I've had 6 games now and the AI and positioning is shocking. Wish I had some videos. Firstly there's just so much space which makes the game constant end to end. Nearly every attack there's a shot on goal. Example I've seen just is I havevthe ball unmarked in midfield. I'm now clear to run at the deffence. They just back off to the edge of the area allowing me to dribble to about 20 yards from goal. The right back runs away from me. I eventually shoot, deflection tap in
Certaainly the case on Professiknal level, the midfielders AI dont track back just stand watching .

For starters, i would like the upper-right line in ML, to show us the two budgets and the current calender date, not the GP and COINS which is pretty useless in any other online/offline mode except for MyClub. Also until today,maybe i am stupid enough, i cannot still understand the point of "Co-oP room list" with L3 being available in every menu page of the game. If i want CooP i will go to the respective mode pages/menus, thanks anyway KON.

@Alx1234 Last week i saw a thread in reddit,i think it was about onilne/offline modes, where someone called us, the members of evo-web forum, a bunch of elitists! @MafiaMurderBag tried to defend the forum with reasonable posts, but you know reddit is an ocean of opinions that everything is lost and forgot pretty easy.
I’d like to read that thread!! :) can you provide a link please?

Back
Top Bottom