PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

To me, playing PES2019 on any level below "legend" is pointless. Only there you get a halfway decent interpretation of real life defensive behaviour.

The amount of passing error by the CPU is quite okay to me, given the resulting challenge.

To me, playing PES2019 on any level below "legend" is pointless. Only there you get a halfway decent interpretation of real life defensive behaviour.

The amount of passing error by the CPU is quite okay to me, given the resulting challenge.
Question about that, is legend not cheaty as fuck? How would you say legend compares to superstar in terms of difficulty and cheating AI?

i started a superstar african nations cup last night - and one of the lower teams put two past me with 5 mins on the clock - two attacks each having around 10 perfect passes then in the back of the net

What a joke update. no transfers and gervinho still not on game!
Have you applied an OF in parma with squad edited? I insist that he is in there, maybe something went wrong with your OF or with the live update.He is still in my Parma.I can post screenshot in the afternoon if you want.Do you play in console? Who is wearing shirt-number #27 in your Parma?
https://www.pesmaster.com/y-gervinho/pes-2019/player/36986/

UPDATE
@PRO_TOO AFTER SOME hard work i found it pal.

Last edited:
I watched @Matt10 's video and I think I might actually do a ML on console just so I don't have to edit every like I would before making a proper BAL save.

At least until I get the PC version. His fix looks promising.
I think you should,I hated this game ,but since fixing the lines/tactics for a few leagues I started my ML,and I'm enjoying it.
Easier to defend the Cpu bs scripting,and tougher to score.

something has clearly gone wrong with my updates. i have no gervinho and after applying updates to edit data i lost all my manual transfers and now higuain is at ac milan and morata still at chelsea

cant even uninstall/reinstall because i am not redoing manual transfers for 3rd time!

something has clearly gone wrong with my updates. i have no gervinho and after applying updates to edit data i lost all my manual transfers and now higuain is at ac milan and morata still at chelsea

cant even uninstall/reinstall because i am not redoing manual transfers for 3rd time!
Ps4/PC/Xbox?
Patched or not?

Love being an elitist.
Looking down on people is my passion.
#elitist
That made me laugh so much I dropped my Martini and got it all over the Rolls Royce. I'll get my people to contact your people vis-à-vis cleaning costs.

I've had some issues with the update - I knew it'd mess everything up (after applying a patch from PESgaming.com and making my own changes) but went for it anyway.

The stuff I expected was e.g. I've renamed the stock Man United manager (which was a fake Mourinho) to Solksjaer (complete with photo), and that manager has been thrown into the free agent pool and replaced with a "Live Update" manager (a fake Solksjaer), so now I've got two Solksjaers and I'm making the old one into Mourinho.

Confused yet?

The stuff I DIDN'T expect is that some managers have seemingly randomly swapped clubs, when there's no link between them I can find. For example, Paul Le Guen (a "licensed" genuine manager) moved from Bursaspor (where he was manager in real-life) to a Ligue 1 team he's never managed (he's currently unemployed).

It doesn't make sense - the guys who made the option file might have overwritten him and placed him somewhere else as a different manager, but A) resetting him shows he has always been Paul Le Guen, and B) why would a live update assign Paul Le Guen (in any form) to a Ligue 1 team? The game "knows" he's Paul Le Guen so how did it happen?

You're definitely confused now...

In conclusion, I'm going to be editing for the weekend to fix this mess... This better be the last update...

Last edited:

usually on older games, the highest difficulty is often a little tamer then the one below it, but on 2019, Superstar is a bullshit fest and i hope my theory is the case. Gotta win 5 games on Superstar though first...

i started a superstar african nations cup last night - and one of the lower teams put two past me with 5 mins on the clock - two attacks each having around 10 perfect passes then in the back of the net

Yup it's one of the things that puts me right off this game. Professional is just too easy but Superstar just isn't fun or satisfying at all. The way this game is designed there's no skill gap what so ever. Every time you lose possession, Even when it's in the opponents half, it's an insta-counter attack with a guaranteed attempt on goal.

Can not at time,as i did not comment. @MafiaMurderBag maybe can provide the link if he wants ,through his notifications in reddit maybe. i am new there and not familiar with reddit mechanics

I found Reddit a confusing mess at first but some of the Sub Reddits are quite sophisticated and brilliant. I like how you can just follow actual boards instead of people but there are some community's that are full of immature parrot twats who contribute very little and derail discussion constantly. The WEPES reddit isn't really know for strong discussion or analysis of Football games, it's mostly just a myClub bashing board.

Are we still up to speed on the polo and Yacht weekend old sport?
Indeed old bean! Tally-ho!

But please leave the speedboat at home, remember what happened last time!

giphy.gif

Question about that, is legend not cheaty as fuck? How would you say legend compares to superstar in terms of difficulty and cheating AI?

Can´t say too much about cheating on superstar as i moved to legend as soon as i got my 5 necessary wins together.

The main difference to me is the added attention and pressure of the CPU in midfield, which does more than just increase the difficulty - it finally gives a look & feel of real football to it. The is no more marching through the midfield without thought, you have to rebuild attacks in order to find space or wait for a gap to send a teammate. Best of all, you see a big difference between top and low teams regarding their effectivity.

The only thing which looks cheaty to me are the massive and precise attacks at the start of the game, which don´t stop before minute 25 unless the CPU plan works out and you conceed.

usually on older games, the highest difficulty is often a little tamer then the one below it, but on 2019, Superstar is a bullshit fest and i hope my theory is the case. Gotta win 5 games on Superstar though first..

So true on older games.
I got my ass kicked on Pes 11&12 before playing it's hardest difficulty,and finding it better.
For 16/17/18 I found TP to be the best one,still on TP for 19 ,SS is quite ok though,at least Vs better teams,lower rated is OP as hell on SS
Let us know once you've played some games on the hardest difficulty

The only thing which looks cheaty to me are the massive and precise attacks at the start of the game, which don´t stop before minute 25 unless the CPU plan works out and you conceed.
Wonderful description. This happens on Superstar too, and I've only recently started playing the game again so I was really shocked the first time it happened.

Because everything they do is first-time you are literally powerless to stop it, you can't get close to them because they don't move with the ball - so I start every game on all-out defence and just hope I can get enough bodies in the box to deflect the bullshit...

Team Spirit makes a difference to this though doesn't it? (Or maybe only on Superstar, perhaps it's permanent on Legend?)

I say that because, on the Xbox (PES is available on the Xbox Game Pass so I thought I'd give it a whirl to see if there were any major differences), I started a career as Sampdoria, who start with a Team Spirit in the high 60s, and it didn't happen.

As Newcastle (Team Spirit in the 40s) on the PS4... It's nightmarish, and as @rockstrongo has just alluded to, it seems to happen more when you play the worse teams.

I've gone from professional/top player manual
To strictly PA1 on TP,using gegenpress off and on,and I'm baffled how better my players are responding on PA1 Vs manual.
Don't really like PA1,but I feel that I have to sacrifice something in order to keep up with the AI

With Matt's fix in my ML,both for me and the Cpu ,I feel that the Cpu defends much better,and it's very hard to score,but I'm also keeping my scores low.
Perhaps that's why I've seen dribbling in 2/3 games so far
CPU can't really ping it easily due to a tight defense and my players being close all the time?

Not saying it's the fix for everything
But I use to hate this game,now I like playing it
I like the challenge

Can´t say too much about cheating on superstar as i moved to legend as soon as i got my 5 necessary wins together.

The main difference to me is the added attention and pressure of the CPU in midfield, which does more than just increase the difficulty - it finally gives a look & feel of real football to it. The is no more marching through the midfield without thought, you have to rebuild attacks in order to find space or wait for a gap to send a teammate. Best of all, you see a big difference between top and low teams regarding their effectivity.

That actually sounds really good. I was weary of legend because I was fully expecting it to be the cheaty shit fest that superstar is. Maybe I'll give it a go.

As for those first 25 minutes, a while ago I had the most hilarious instance of this happening. Happened during the semifinal of the Dutch cup, me being Ajax, cpu psv. So two High level teams. It was like the cpu was constantly switching between which cheat tactics to use. I withstood the initial "unstoppable one touch rampage" after which things died down a bit. After that my player switching went wonky. After I was able to withstand That my players suddenly turned to shit. After that, all deflections went to the cpu. Finally I was treated to incessant fouling suddenly going unpunished (up till that the cpu had committed 5 fouls). I STILL won, that felt so good. At one point it felt like comedy capers,, I was literally laughing out loud.

I would've been fuming had I lost though. The cheating is really, really crudely implemented.

I'd truly love if some of us actually lived nearby. I want you guys to try PES on PC fully modded, with the gameplay tweaks and all the sparks and stuff. I swear you'd enjoy this game so much more.

And we'd have a great time while we're at it...
I can vouch for that. Pc mods enable you to excavate the magic that is still very much in the game. Problem is its covered by layers upon layers of dog shit now after all the patches.

I'd truly love if some of us actually lived nearby. I want you guys to try PES on PC fully modded, with the gameplay tweaks and all the sparks and stuff. I swear you'd enjoy this game so much more.

And we'd have a great time while we're at it...
when i do enjoy it on ps4 (with the flaws)... man, i'd go nuts with the modded PC version! :LOL:

so where does my next vacation take me? Buenos Aires!? Jamaika!? :BYE:

edit: i thought of this before for european PES players from evoweb. its cheap to fly to UK or spain (from GER) these days. i wouldnt mind a weekend playing PES and meeting guys somewhere! really. costs shouldnt be more than 200 euro (incl. flights) for that weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom