PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Uploaded you the changes found ingame:

Btw. Havent played the Scottish derby by now for the lack of stadiums.
Doing it right now! It’s also nice to hear some new (to me) commentary lines the first time. :D

Last edited:
New legends :

Park Ji-sung
Emmanuel Petit
Francesco Totti
Daniele Massaro
Robert Pires
Dida
Fredrik Ljungberg
Sol Campbell
Franco Baresi
Gilberto Silva
Christian Abbiati
Hidetoshi Nakata
Dyy9GZSXgAI-T01.jpg

Dyy9HJ8WoAI_qyf.jpg

Ehh. Normally don't care about the legends crap and don't now. But if you're going to have Arsenal legends then where the fack are Bergkamp and Henry to name a few?

From editing POV ,the rosters are close to ok, i would say 90% of winter transfers are updated.Having in mind that today is 7th February, it looks like an achievement for them they did well. :P
Thai league seems updated too.New teams added and some possibility cause of relegation moved to other Asian Clubs.My beloved Airforce Central,Navy,Police Tero are some of them.I didn't check any mode so i do not know if Thai League is now playable outside exhibition mode.If it is still locked and considering how much effort was put in these teams, it would be tge biggest trolling in the history of football games development.
Finally it is heavily hinted that we will have a DP 4.01 or a DP 5.0 ,cause players who came back like ObiMikel and Ashley Cole have generic face and blank-grey formation avatar,while their cyber versions existed in the databsse from previous pes 16/17 Similar to what happened with Tevez last year.

So tested this new patch to see any changes.
Played two 20mins matches - one on Ibrox one on Celtic Park.
Stadiums are nice, but to me - stadium is a stadium. I dont really see much of a reason to get excited about.
Id rather swap couple of licensed stadiums to small ones as there is severe lack of them on Pes.
We dont get to see much of a stadium anyways.
And what is the point of bringing all the stadiums if atmosphere is same on all of them??
So to me, new stadiums - meh.

As for gameplay I had two enjoyable matches. Played them both with @Matt10 little fix.
Enjoyable, but not much changed. I did have enjoyable matches in my Wolves campaign before.

AI got a red card - thats rare for me. And in general both games had over 10 fouls in total and were quite physical, so no complaints there.

One thing I noticed, which I havent seen/felt before - on few occasions I was able to dribble pass player on a full sprint. Seemed like, for some players with higher stats, it was easier to do sharp quick turns on a full speed. Kinda like back in a good days where you could dribble pass people on a full speed.

Still - AI shot variety needs fixing. No low shots whatsoever and very few long distance shots. They had few chances to have a go from outside the box - i left them plenty of space - none of them were taken.

And no dribbling from AI.

So in general its a bit "Meh" to me.

■ Gameplay Adjustments
・Fixed an issue when using the 'Far Target' or 'Target Man' Set Piece Strategies during a free kick, which occasionally caused defensive players positioned in the attacking half to remain forward for longer than usual.
・Fixed an issue which occasionally caused defensive players that had advanced to the attacking half in the play immediately before a throw in to remain forward.
・Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented the main kicker in a free kick from shooting the ball if it had been laid off by the second kicker.
・Adjusted the way in which the opposition's midfielders position during goal kicks.

■ Fixes
・Fixed an issue that caused player Stamina to deplete considerably after performing a Dynamic one-two pass.

WOW! They used the word "deplete".
Something is changing at Konami...

They both do ,in a simple & complicated way (KONAMI) sat the same time.I can explain further if you like to dive into ocean of KONAMI. Apply both of them and you are up to date until 90% of the winter transfer window,I hope at least.
The live update should do the most job normally,but it works again in a KONAMi logic ,it updates some transfers from 1st January and after that until end of January they include some random transfers here and there,maybe based on popularity of the player of whatever.So you end up seeing players who transfereed in first week and last week of January,in correct teams and players who transferd in mid January are still in their old teams.And all these for the European club whose updates function normally,I do not insert on the equitation the awkward Brazilian and AFC ,CSL licenses.

With one word dude,and if you are still reading without having your mind explode, this is KONAMI!
Ha ha,gotcha pal.
It's a weird company

Unfortunately there is a big bug after the update which can be exploited.
The GK positioning during free kicks is changed (they put the GK in the middle of the goal line) so its harder to score over the wall...however from close range the GK stays still in the middle so its very easy to score on the side where there is no wall at all as he cant simply reach the unprotected side of the goal that quickly.

I'm acctually pumped up to start a ML in a shit league.
Just like fifa,it usually plays the best with smaller/less good teams.
Might go for SPL,which was my first ML on Pes 19 with Aberdeen,gave it up back when the Cpu just spammed me with low crosses

Meanwhile sales decline and FIFAs sales increase (and rightly so). Thing is Fifa was crap on release but, regardless of if you like it, they have slowly improved it. Not only that they have had twitter guys on daily explaining the changes and the direction they are going. That's a big thing for me. Not played pes since November now
Actually they both lost a huge amount of players this year.Here are some stats for ps4 players.

Dhhxu0s.png

QcFK2Ke.png

We can just hope that this will shake them for good and they'll finally put their heads out of their asses and really start improving their games if they don't want to lose even more customers.Offline is not dead at all,as we can see from the huge interest from people for good offline experiences like in rdr2 and re2 etc.People are thirsty for a good detailed career mode and maybe it's finally the time that they'll realise that and put some real effort into it.Or maybe not...lol

I'm acctually pumped up to start a ML in a shit league.
Just like fifa,it usually plays the best with smaller/less good teams.
Might go for SPL,which was my first ML on Pes 19 with Aberdeen,gave it up back when the Cpu just spammed me with low crosses

Attacking AI is much more organic at this stage. However i think the lack of cpu pressing and of course ai dribbling is an issue. But of course you never know how the game behaves in ML.

Unfortunately there is a big bug after the update which can be exploited.
The GK positioning during free kicks is changed (they put the GK in the middle of the goal line) so its harder to score over the wall...however from close range the GK stays still in the middle so its very easy to score on the side where there is no wall at all as he cant simply reach the unprotected side of the goal that quickly.
Oh my God, please tell me that's a one-off.

Attacking AI is much more organic at this stage. However i think the lack of cpu pressing and of course ai dribbling is an issue. But of course you never know how the game behaves in ML.
I noticed a difference in kickoff
But like you say pal,ML is a different thing.
I had some success editing my team tactics ( @Matt10 ) in my old ML.
So I’m probably going to do that for the teams in league I’m playing in

Actually they both lost a huge amount of players this year.Here are some stats for ps4 players.

Quite fascinating. For both players are down about 1/3rd from their peak seasons. If I was in a responsible position, this would give me considerable pause. If I was in an executive position, this would be reason enough to fire whoever is in the responsible position.

Played my first Glasgow derby. And what a match it was. 5:3 in the end. For me. :)
Real quick, please don’t mind the off screen footage: Here are just 2 lovely goals for the 2 time comeback I got a trophy for. :)
#thisgamecanshine

Wow! Thats a nice long ranger man! Love this goals when the keeper dont even apear on the photograph like we use to say here in Brazil.

The game feels more organic overall indeed. AI much better, animations and driblling too. I get dribbled once by the AI by the way. I finded a way to pass defenders using the R2 side step. Its kind of old gen but it works at least. You just have to take feel steps to one side and burst to another. This or making side steps or other tricks, always on side step.

The freekick bug its a let down. It can be exploited, thats a fact.

Almost there.

Quite fascinating. For both players are down about 1/3rd from their peak seasons. If I was in a responsible position, this would give me considerable pause. If I was in an executive position, this would be reason enough to fire whoever is in the responsible position.

Am I reading this wrong or are the numbers for Pes on that picture not really representative?! As it says only Europe and Australia for Pes 2019 and Europe, Australia and Asia for Pes 2018 for example..
I don't really think that the numbers from Pes 18 to 19 decreased that much tbh. My Club players are more than last year if you look into the mode itself where you can see your rating and the game also got way more attention on youtube etc. this year.. so don't know about that decrease..

Wow! Thats a nice long ranger man! Love this goals when the keeper dont even apear on the photograph like we use to say here in Brazil.

The game feels more organic overall indeed. AI much better, animations and driblling too. I get dribbled once by the AI by the way. I finded a way to pass defenders using the R2 side step. Its kind of old gen but it works at least. You just have to take feel steps to one side and burst to another. This or making side steps or other tricks, always on side step.

The freekick bug its a let down. It can be exploited, thats a fact.

Almost there.
I get it. Where do you live in Brazil? Maybe you can pm me!
And it felt so good. This is hard to describe but it really felt weighty and everything when hitting that beast.
It came kinda out of nowhere. The AI misplaced a pass, I got on the ball, not thinking to much, just hit it...
i was holding my hand in front of my open mouth. Stunned. This kind of goal is rare to me.
:D

Those numbers are wrong. There is no way Fifa lost 20 mln players.

According to both financial reports by EA and Konami, Fifa sales are a bit lower compared to last year but still sold 19 mln copies while Pes has stable sales around the usual 3 mln copies mark.

Also, Konami is extremely satisfied by Myclub performance and that should tell everyone what their focus is and will be for the future.

I get it. Where do you live in Brazil? Maybe you can pm me!
And it felt so good. This is hard to describe but it really felt weighty and everything when hitting that beast.
It came kinda out of nowhere. The AI misplaced a pass, I got on the ball, not thinking to much, just hit it...
i was holding my hand in front of my open mouth. Stunned. This kind of goal is rare to me.
:D

I live in Brasilia - DF.

CPU dribbles and gives a lovely pass:

Back
Top Bottom