PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I really don't get all the hate Konami is getting for releasing the new stadia. I'm also not a fan of Konamis marketing but what did they wrong in this case? They got the licenses for Celtic and Rangers really late so how could they release it earlier with their very limited resources? They also never said that they will release it earlier and other companies also release DLC's long time after the game was released. But maybe a DLC sounds more professional and therefore it's okay for most of the people..:ROLL:
I really don't want to defend Konami as I also disslike A LOT of what they do and how they do it.. But in this case I just think it's too much criticism. At least they release some content unlike EA...

The quality of the stadiums (and the graphics in general) is incredible.

But I wonder if I'm alone in thinking "I'd take worse graphics and twice the stadiums, don't bother scanning the stadium if it takes this long".

Playing on the Xbox in the Italian league is (gameplay-aside) the most boring thing in the world. Every game, same commentary, same stadium (and no option file). Really deflating.

We need the stadium editor back - really don't care about any stadium licenses from that point on. I follow Liverpool and it's great seeing Anfield but if I could swap Anfield for a league of 20 different stadiums made through the stadium editor (even if they don't look like exact replicas), I'd choose that in a heartbeat.

Gianluigi Buffon
Dyow5BxUcAAZ_ZI.jpg

DypMqccWwAEpxFH.jpg

Last edited:

But I wonder if I'm alone in thinking "I'd take worse graphics and twice the stadiums, don't bother scanning the stadium if it takes this long".

Playing on the Xbox in the Italian league is (gameplay-aside) the most boring thing in the world. Every game, same commentary, same stadium (and no option file). Really deflating.

We need the stadium editor back - really don't care about any stadium licenses from that point on. I follow Liverpool and it's great seeing Anfield but if I could swap Anfield for a league of 20 different stadiums made through the stadium editor (even if they don't look like exact replicas), I'd choose that in a heartbeat.
Stadium editor is long overdue.
But when it comes to stadiums created by konami,I'd rather have them done the way they're done,instead of having bland and very dull stadiums like we have over at the other game.
And I dont agree at all playing in Serie a being boring on Pes with the stadium situation,most stadiums are suitable in that league.
What kills the immersion isn't stadium related,it's D2 related.
I don't care if the league badge says "Italian league" or not on Xbox,that's not really a "no go" thing for most of us Xbox players,

I think konami does a good job on making Italian league and South American look and sound pretty good.
Serie A over at the competition on the other hand,with all licenced teams is poor as hell.
I think konami should unlock the geographical restrictions on stadiums though since South America has great stadiums un used in European ML

Last edited:
Gianluigi Buffon
Dyow5BxUcAAZ_ZI.jpg

DypMqccWwAEpxFH.jpg

Now I don't want to discuss too much about faces as they are pretty good and not a lot of guys in here care about them anyway. But still.. why does Konami always make the eyes so small? You can clearly see in the Buffon comparison above that his eye is a lot bigger so why not just copy that?!
That's a typical Konami for me. Almost everything is superb but that one little detail ruins the complete wow package a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Completely agree. We touched on the subject of hyper realism and dev times & sacrificed content in the Retro thread, but the lack of variety just isn't worth it to me. This is what made PES 2013 awesome for me, had a fully licensed La Liga and with around 20 custom stadiums, you could assign all sorts of shapes and sizes and styles stadia to teams.

They keep citing that they removed the Stadium Editor because not many people used it apparently, i don't buy it. I think they just had to sacrifice resources to work on something else, probably scanning in stadiums they're contractually obliged to replicate that maybe even less players give a toss about then the stadium editor.

They keep citing that they removed the Stadium Editor because not many people used it apparently
Well of course not many people used it - we all waited for the option file geniuses to create everything for us so that we didn't have to... That doesn't mean we didn't use the custom stadiums themselves... I hope they realise that...

Don't get me wrong, I imagine that being in the era of 4K graphics, creating a stadium editor is pretty difficult - it would stand out much more when two stands are placed next to each other with a strange "join" and/or look so different from each other that it creates a Frankenstein-stadium. That stuff looks fine when there's half the pixels and when the other graphics are just as bad - in 4K with photo-realistic faces, not so much.

That being said, A) it's not impossible, and B) if it's easier for them, just add 50 pre-made generic stadiums of different styles, or just different sizes (which is what NHL 19 does for the reasons I mention above) - and let us delete the stupid "we're here to win" banners.

If the Master League is due to get more attention, this would be one of the big priorities for me (after gameplay and after things-to-do, e.g. players getting pissed off that they don't get played instead of happily being your reserves-slave for eternity).

No one cares.
If that was the case, they wouldn't do it.

They're not for our consumption, they're for their core audience. That's not us any more... They're hoping people who play myClub will see a face and go "that looks so realistic, I wanna buy that guy" - and that people who play FIFA for the licenses will see the faces and go "what's the point in a license when they look so much better in PES?"

Has anyone dived in to this by @Matt10 ?
I really need to start playing ML again and might restart it all after the patch!
"Can't be done in ML"... :(

Did some adjusting to tactics in my ML
I even stepped down to professional difficulty
Still the same glaring and gamebreaking issues for me

My players taking a step back for no reason when I pass them (not being in line with defenders or having them on their backs)
Which means passes goes by and wide of them

My defenders taking weird routes to the ball or just deviates when chasing for a loose ball Vs the Cpu.

My players slowing down,just slightly when on the ball,making the Cpu catch them
These issues could be related to professional level,not as evident in TP and above,where my good players acctually plays well.

Scripting,not being able to reach/intercept the ball and 3-4 passes stringed together by the Cpu and a goal,on every goal in my ML game.

So canceling out everything by playing TP instead of professional,it's possible!
The scripting on the other hand,I'm not even gonna go there and try it!

They're not for our consumption, they're for their core audience. That's not us any more... They're hoping people who play myClub will see a face and go "that looks so realistic, I wanna buy that guy" - and that people who play FIFA for the licenses will see the faces and go "what's the point in a license when they look so much better in PES?"

I guess it could by starting all over.
But the scripting will kill my fun anyway.
It's like picking up a top flight bird,and realise your "tool" is out
Or stay with the shabby one and have a functional "tool"
So I'm sticking to my shabby old Pes 17/18
Pardon the reference

Last edited:
Licensed stadia is not enough for me. I want football atmoshere during the match with very good chants supporters like in Fifa 19. Supporters in Pes 2019 looks like on PS1 era. For God sake what is a problem to make good chants in Pes like modders are doing?

Played my Milan save with a few changes.
Did set up my team as suggested by Matt.
Professional difficulty and PA1

Even though gameplay became much better a few things stood out in a negative way.
Through balls (advanced) on professional is a worse gamble than FUT,no matter how my power bar was used when passing a through ball passing were all over the place.
10% on the power bar=rocket
50% on the power bar =rocket
Obviously only happens when having a chance to score.

Professional difficulty
Shambles.
Everyone is equally shit/great.
Having a few yards/meters on a defender with a fast player=caught up.

Upside
Not much scripting at all,game was very close and good.
Acctually looked like real football
Either that or me being brainwashed by the other games poor representation of the game.
Anyone playing NHL (guess it's only me and @Chris Davies ) knows how the Attributes Effects work.
Keep it at 0-5,and everyone is the same,no one stands out,that's how I feel professional difficulty is.
Bang it up to 8-10,and good players are good.
To bad it's not a thing on Pes or FIFA
Which means if we had it,we could have solid difficulty AND player individuality.

Tried Matt10s suggestion on PES 2018 and 17.

Plays differently (more realism) but there is still that script feel going on. (i.e. when CPU decides it wants to score it will in the next 10 passes feel).

I am thinking of replacing all my swearwords with "PES".

Like : your mama is PES.

Much better on TP
But how sharp is the Cpu on defending crosses
Probably had 15 +
Not a single one connected.
In the end I gave up crossing and tried mid/long range,and we all know how many of those who goes in.
This game is really a hit and a miss

But probably going to keep at it

Right, you can't edit both teams, but as I showed in the vide, it's playable with just modifying the users lineup alone.

Well of course not many people used it - we all waited for the option file geniuses to create everything for us so that we didn't have to... That doesn't mean we didn't use the custom stadiums themselves... I hope they realise that...

Don't get me wrong, I imagine that being in the era of 4K graphics, creating a stadium editor is pretty difficult - it would stand out much more when two stands are placed next to each other with a strange "join" and/or look so different from each other that it creates a Frankenstein-stadium. That stuff looks fine when there's half the pixels and when the other graphics are just as bad - in 4K with photo-realistic faces, not so much.

That being said, A) it's not impossible, and B) if it's easier for them, just add 50 pre-made generic stadiums of different styles, or just different sizes (which is what NHL 19 does for the reasons I mention above) - and let us delete the stupid "we're here to win" banners.

If the Master League is due to get more attention, this would be one of the big priorities for me (after gameplay and after things-to-do, e.g. players getting pissed off that they don't get played instead of happily being your reserves-slave for eternity).

Yeah i remember, Klashman was a star for making the perfect, almost Konami/EA style generic stadiums with the editor. If i remember correctly, the join issue was circumvented by Konami only allowing you to combine certain stands which was fair, so you couldn't have a bowl shape portion of a stadium fuse with a terrace for example.

Problem with the master league attention is that Konami & developers in general just don't believe there's any equity in offline gaming. Their focus is online and micro transactions. The ethics towards gaming has completely changed sadly. I tried to get into myClub & online rankings but it's just too toxic, too frustrating and unrewarding and there's next to no skill gap any more. I quit that shit before i ended up smashing my expensive TV or turning nasty, it'd leave me in such a foul mood and games shouldn't do that.

No one cares.

Edit: not aimed at you t.goal but Konami. Faces faces faces.....

Boooorrrrring!

Make the gameplay better please Konami and more stadiums!

I agree. I think it's one thing players with generic faces get updated and thats cool especially for supporters of that club or fans of that league, but was Buffon really necessary? He looked perfectly fine before and always has as well as being a player who may not be around next season, yet someone or even multiple people spent a lot of time and resources modelling a new hyper realistic face for him?

How far does it need to go? I get it, it's a great looking game and the systems are more powerful then ever, but i don't need individual skin pores and hair follicle physics to be assured i made a good purchase.

Right, you can't edit both teams, but as I showed in the vide, it's playable with just modifying the users lineup alone.
THIS!
...aaand you can do it before starting ML in edit mode. or you can do it in exhibition matches by switching sides!

played against Gremio and River Plate the last night with Corinthians several times! all edited with the line height fix! love it!! :D
btw: i reset all the player values to default. playing now -1, prof., manual passing, LH-fix, 20min.!

#thisgamecanshine :BOP:

If I see another face pack preview of the DLC, I'm going to vomit.

Yeah i remember, Klashman was a star for making the perfect, almost Konami/EA style generic stadiums with the editor. If i remember correctly, the join issue was circumvented by Konami only allowing you to combine certain stands which was fair, so you couldn't have a bowl shape portion of a stadium fuse with a terrace for example.

Problem with the master league attention is that Konami & developers in general just don't believe there's any equity in offline gaming. Their focus is online and micro transactions. The ethics towards gaming has completely changed sadly. I tried to get into myClub & online rankings but it's just too toxic, too frustrating and unrewarding and there's next to no skill gap any more. I quit that shit before i ended up smashing my expensive TV or turning nasty, it'd leave me in such a foul mood and games shouldn't do that.

Supposedly, they run surveys and take information off of our systems in order to see which game modes are the most played. That's why Hosoda said BAL was to be removed.

Supposedly, they run surveys and take information off of our systems in order to see which game modes are the most played. That's why Hosoda said BAL was to be removed
Even if true - why is BAL not played?? Is it because its a mode without any potential, or one that doesnt interest people?? No, its Coz its shite!! I remember playing few BAL campaigns back in the day and I had great fun. But they left it to rot and now want to remove it coz people are not playing it.. if they added proper camera, some interesting features, or integrated it with VR Im sure people would jump at it.
konami logic...

Has anyone ever looked at the "global transfer news" bit in Master League? I've never really noticed it before.

But WOW does it make you realise how bad the transfer logic is. This is just one choice screenshot from my game:

xvC1nfq.jpg

Why would Arsenal, with an average OVR player rating of about 82, buy two over-30 players with such dog-shit ratings that they couldn't get a first-team game at ANY PREMIER LEAGUE SIDE?

The second guy is a fake player I edited to have terrible stats because I can't just "delete" him and stop him appearing in the ML... Yet he STILL gets bought. What?

Even if true - why is BAL not played?? Is it because its a mode without any potential, or one that doesnt interest people?? No, its Coz its shite!! I remember playing few BAL campaigns back in the day and I had great fun. But they left it to rot and now want to remove it coz people are not playing it.. if they added proper camera, some interesting features, or integrated it with VR Im sure people would jump at it.
konami logic...

It's like the chicken or the egg story, mate.

Has BAL mode become unused and unwanted because of the lack of development and attention FROM Konami to that mode over the years? Or has BAL mode become obsolete because people simply didn't play it, so Konami didn't see any good reasons to keep working on it?.

Has anyone ever looked at the "global transfer news" bit in Master League? I've never really noticed it before.

But WOW does it make you realise how bad the transfer logic is. This is just one choice screenshot from my game:

xvC1nfq.jpg

Why would Arsenal, with an average OVR player rating of about 82, buy two over-30 players with such dog-shit ratings that they couldn't get a first-team game at ANY PREMIER LEAGUE SIDE?

Yeah I do look at that.

I received an offer from Union De Santa Fe (a reeaaally small club from Argentina) to buy Mahrez from me at ManCity. Like... really?. Union De Santa Fe couldn't even afford to buy ME, but they're going for Mahrez?.

Back
Top Bottom