Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Super-Resolution-2018-12-06-19-13-26-05.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-24-53-48.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-36-02-00.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-40-09-05.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Super-Resolution-2018-12-06-19-17-58-80.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-48-30-81.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-45-23-82.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-20-04-12-46.png

I love this Stadium on PES 6,5,4? It always was one of my favourite ones and I was waiting a long, long time to see it again in the game.. It's one of the best football stadiums in the World anyway, so thanks KONAMI for bringing it back!

It looks OUTSTANDING, but I think that night floodlighting is a bit weird? What you think guys?

Regards :-)

Nahh..... Pes need new engine!!!! XD

It was me who wrote no fouls but that was in exhibition mode on profffesional. Fouls increased on top player. I think the game plays brilliant now, seeing loads of varied ai play and it feels super responsive
Thats why I was afraid. I knew it was someone who has similar opinion to mine about Pes and who I agree with in most cases.
I also play on Professional. Thought Im gonna have to switch up (and I was struggling on manual/professional)
But no, doesnt seems that I need to switch anytime soon.

As for varied AI - i dont want to say anything too early. After first big patch I thought the game was perfect for a while. Then I started to notice similar AI patterns. Low crosses were still there, just more covered. Shots from outside the box were only in exhibition.
Yesterday I had few in Master League, which was a surprise.
And I had only one AI low cross goal. And it felt natural and justified.
But I need to spend a good while in ML to see if there really are changes, or is it just football hunger in my case.

Last edited:
For me now if they could just add more penalties in this addition then.ill be more than happy. Obviously there are things in the future they could add but at the moment that's my number one to increase immersion. I've had 2 penalties so far, one of them was to beat Everton 4-3 as Liverpool and it was a dive.. But since then nothing.

For me now if they could just add more penalties in this addition then.ill be more than happy. Obviously there are things in the future they could add but at the moment that's my number one to increase immersion. I've had 2 penalties so far, one of them was to beat Everton 4-3 as Liverpool and it was a dive.. But since then nothing.
You are lucky! I havent had single one this year! :LOL:

For me, I need to see consistency. I need to play enough matches to feel - yeah, this game has nice AI variety and everything feels natural and random. Up until now every time I was getting to a point where I was thinking - "yup, here we go again..."
- yup, another low cross goal
- yup, another laser guided top corner finish
- yup, another 90min equalizer from boosted AI
I understand that all of the above are part of football and they happen in real life, but I need to feel that it happend naturally, random, and I dont want to feel cheated.
If this game gets nicely ballanced and nothing will be overused or abused - for me it will be one of the best football games in the last 10 years at least.
So here we go again - new patch, tweaked gameplay, lets see how natural and random it really is.

Thats why I was afraid. I knew it was someone who has similar opinion to mine about Pes and who I agree with in most cases.
I also play on Professional. Thought Im gonna have to switch up (and I was struggling on manual/professional)
But no, doesnt seems that I need to switch anytime soon.

As for varied AI - i dont want to say anything too early. After first big patch I thought the game was perfect for a while. Then I started to notice similar AI patterns. Low crosses were still there, just more covered. Shots from outside the box were only in exhibition.
Yesterday I had few in Master League, which was a surprise.
And I had only one AI low cross goal. And it felt natural and justified.
But I need to spend a good while in ML to see if there really are changes, or is it just football hunger in my case.
don't you lure me into ML "so soon", again...! ;)
i was playing exhi matches only the last couple of weeks, and enjoyed them. but i need some kind of league structure...!

if i find the time tonight, i will upload some really spectacular scenes from last night. had a buddy over and we played the hell outa PES (20 min matches, fuma, you know... like always). got my 30Meter+ trophy last night... what a beauty! and some nice keeper behaviour plus awesome AI goals....! you can look forward to it! i am, even when i've seen them multiple times already! :D

edit: can anyone here recommend a website where i can grab some license free music to inlcude into my youtube PES videos!? i am bored of the few tracks sharefactory on ps4 offers me and same time i dont want to violate any yt or music trademark rules! any help is appriciated! :)

Last edited:
Do you get the "never score the same goal twice" feeling when playing pes 2019?
xvcij.jpg
;)

i would answer it this way: i dont get the "it is repeating to much" feeling! :)
sure, this game needs more variation when shooting. it would make it all more polished/enjoyable (as they do right now with the keeper). but i am deffinitly not put off by the shooting as it is right now. on the contrary i still feel there are animations and shooting variations still uncovered by me (the way i play). i say this because i tend to fall for my habits (guess all of us do that to some degree). when i'm playing i stick to what i know (by human behaviour, all natural), but i force myself sometimes to try new stuff and i already found some "new to me" stuff!
maybe its because i'm a very postive thinking person (not clsosing my eyes on the flaws!!)... but i haven't uncovered everything that PES2019 gameplay offers, i'm pretty sure!
:)

Last edited:
That basically wraps up my feelings, there is no individuality showing up as much as it needs to be unlike the old gen pes

Has I said before, today football games are about stars players. Or you are CR or Messi or a Neymar, or your are a generic player. Every player on the squad have his value. A good sub can turn all things around.

I have to agreed about the stadiums. I dont pay any attention in it on gameplay.

Still dont have the chance to test the new patch. It seems nice.

Do you get the "never score the same goal twice" feeling when playing pes 2019?
And im gonna put it this way - so far I never got to a point where Id be sure that "from that angle/power/direction, goal is guaranteed".
Foot/body position/momentum/Goalkeepers/stats(?)
Are varied enough to ensure that outcome is not set in stone.
Manual or Advanced Shooting also adds a lot of variety.
Personally im happy enough with shooting.

After playing quite a few more hours of the new patch/dlc, here are a few things I can definitely say have improved since the last patch:

+ Headers on full manual have further improved, im getting heaps of variations and heap of power depending on the cross and timing.

+ Many more situations (usually due to bad pass or poor team stats) of heavy first touches, from cpu attacking ai, and from my attacking players. Leads to many more dispossessions which is great.

+ More errors from cpu attacking ai. Still could be increased, but its getting better.. better than previous patch.

+ Keepers definitely improved, both cpu defence ai, and also my own keeper when I use triangle to force him out. More responsive,, great saves ive seen. One or two errors, but good to see as they are quite rare.

+Fouls are same for me.. ie. good amount of aggression, didn't need a change. I did get my first ever penalty at the end of a great passing move, which was so damn satisfying. And I converted.. didn't get a PK before this patch, but the foul count was quite good after the last patch.

+I know the atmosphere in the stadiums aint great (needs to be improved big time next version), but the stadiums, the news ones included, and in particular the turf and lighting in all the different weather/light conditions (the stuff you actually see when paying) is just amazing. The De kuip and the Palestra Italia look amazing in game.. as does the new yellow merlin... great additions.

+Overall variations, shots, passing everything.. as subtle as it is, this new patch does improve the game enough to feel it, and enjoy it more. Honestly, ive always liked pes2019, particularly after the dlc2.0 patch etc.. but now with this dlc3.0 and slight tweaks, im stuggling to put the game down. Just played 4 hours straight with various EPL exhibitions 20mins full manual on superstar. For me, each game feels quite different.

things that haven't changed (that need improvement):
- r2 on full manual is still broken. I was in training with Messi, aiming finesse shots to top right hand corner (goalies right hand), and struggle to get on target as ball still often goes wider than the aiming arrow.
-AI goals are still never placed low.. ie. the soft finesse shots. Usually hit in top corner.
-Still haven't seen great dribblers taking me on... go toward goal if free on goal. No taking on players. Anyone seen any situations yet???
- Free kicks still overpowered, ie. haven't been toned down. Feels great scoring them, but I reckon the simple solution is make it quite easy for the top 10 FK takers in real life, and for the rest, increase the sensitivity of the power bar so its actually harder to perform.

BTW, anyone know how to do the phone booth celebration at that new Estadio Palestra Italia stadium?? seems the booth is at both ends, behind the goal.. I run for it, but I just do the 'around the goal celebration' or the 'screaming at camera celebration'

I agree with everything above besides AI dribbling. Not saying it couldn't be better buts it's improving every patch. In the beginning losts of players were very low metres in the stats might he worth double checking that as I'm seeing more dribbles by AI. Passing is now at the right time rather than forced for the sake of it

I agree with everything above besides AI dribbling. Not saying it couldn't be better buts it's improving every patch. In the beginning losts of players were very low metres in the stats might he worth double checking that as I'm seeing more dribbles by AI. Passing is now at the right time rather than forced for the sake of it
Agreed it's not messi dribbling at you level yet, but there are instances where a midfielder holds on to the ball Iniesta-style more.

I have to admit that latest patch almost doubled the enjoyment for me! I see attackers dribling and look for one-on-one situations with my defenders. Saw many little things and skills, first touches from good players which maked them noticeably different than less skilled players. Shooting looks little more floaty but in a good way while game give much tighter feeling. Many first touch errors which is good, makes game more dynamic becouse ai can be dispossesed easily but not that easy. Very impressed after 3 hours spent on latest patch :)
btw De Kuip night lighting is stunning!

Disappointed to see that the Ai still not properly using play styles and skills. Really frustrating to witness the Ai constantly losing possession or making a generic pass with a high skilled player when they could use skilled dribbling to create chances.

I have to admit that latest patch almost doubled the enjoyment for me! I see attackers dribling and look for one-on-one situations with my defenders. Saw many little things and skills, first touches from good players which maked them noticeably different than less skilled players. Shooting looks little more floaty but in a good way while game give much tighter feeling. Many first touch errors which is good, makes game more dynamic becouse ai can be dispossesed easily but not that easy. Very impressed after 3 hours spent on latest patch :)
I noticed more misplaced passes by the AI. Before there was that one pass from their half over 30 meter that went out of bounds (maybe 2). But now I see more misplaced passes (the ones that miss the intended target) and I can get the ball from that.
And I feel the AI does not spam the wings so hard. Played against Napoli and Palmeiras only so far after the latest patch... so I have to see more matches.
What I can agree on, and it needs to worked on, is the hard shots by the AI. I want to see low and slow shots! Btw: Saw a curling attempt when it fitted the scene last night though! I was positively shocked. :) So it is in there.... somewhere. They need to trigger it more!

After a few matches, it seems that keepers seem to parry the longer shots a lot more rather than catching them out of the air like a baseball. I felt like shots across the goal seemed to get caught cleanly too often prior to the patch.

Here comes the video.
Some gameplay vs Napoli. I held back a little to let the AI have some chances. Got ripped off in the end. ;)
Keepers were nice. You can see the AI curler in the pen box. I even liked the own goal! The AI attack’s were varied. With the last goal they fooled me completely but it fits right in. :D
I messed up recording longer periods this time. There was some more of that stuff in the 60 min before.

Enjoy.

Agreed it's not messi dribbling at you level yet, but there are instances where a midfielder holds on to the ball Iniesta-style more.

Good points. Passing from cpu ai is as u say less forced. Less rushed ping pongy passing from the Cpu attacking ai makes the game less frantic than prepatch. There is still the counter vs counter stuff but the cpu attacking ai now take touches rather than the constant one time passing. And the increase in touches, together with the increase in heavey touches, makes for a more organic realistic ai playing style..and of course easier to disposes the ai. I like that the ai definitely holds the ball more/longer, eg midfielders...sizing up passing n making more intelligent and realistic pass completions. And yes ive seen quite a few errors as well on superstar/legend where passes are over hit not just on ground but now in the air..

Its like a few little tweaks have made a huge difference for me as i too am enjoying this game way more than prepatch. Silly to say but probably doubled my enjoyment.

So ive played good few games now and i have to say - good old unpredictable Pes is back!
Its not ideal - id love to see more low shots and more dribbling from AI (and some penalties), but at least i dont know how the match is going to end anymore..
I also find it more difficult after patch. Played 8 games on professional/manual and lost 7! Thought ill be going to sleep with nice 8 loses, but managed to beat Newcastle 3-1 in last game. And there was no AI crazy boost in the last 10mins!
Even tho i lost 7 games before that, there was not a single game where id go "ah for fuck sake!!!", ready to throw controller out the window. I didnt feel cheated for a second. They were just better.
There are missplaced passes and bottled shots from AI.
No more of this
Me - 15 shots (9 on target) - 1 goal
COM - 2 shots (2 on target) - 2 goals
Im enjoying it very much at the moment and recommend trying it to all the people who put it away.
Looks like ill be battling to avoid relegation but if I enjoy so much being hammered in Master League, then they had to do something right there...

I need to play against some better teams with some true dribblers as im not seeing the ai really taking on 2 or more of my defenders..playing on superstar n legend on full manual i usually pick a decent team vs a team below me on stats..haha to make it easier on me. Ill try playing vs barca mancity liverpool or psg when i get the chance later in the day.

Good point about shooting. Just reminded me..im seeing more variation in the power. Still a lot of blasted volleys, but more weaker shots. Ball definitely more floaty but for me a more realistic feeling in general. Ball physics have improved

Still not convinced with the AI dribbling with the ball, style of play from the AI still looks similar trap, pass and counter, only time iv noticed AI run with ball is on the wings, nothings changed judging from those videos, don’t see it changing to be honest have to wait for pes 20 to see if that’s been fixed

Does stats have more impact now in the latest update? I don't find any difference between a slow lower rated fullback than a player like Kyle Walker.

Still not convinced with the AI dribbling with the ball, style of play from the AI still looks similar trap, pass and counter, only time iv noticed AI run with ball is on the wings, nothings changed judging from those videos, don’t see it changing to be honest have to wait for pes 20 to see if that’s been fixed

Agree with this point re dribblers. I reckon itll be fixed or at least worked on next version. A patch could improve this.. I wonder?? but im guessing we'll get about 2-3 more update patches before they focus exclusively on pes2020, so who knows. Speaking of pes2020, there needs to be a skill set (card or whatever you call it.. you know.. the special skill) that allows only a very few players who try and take on 3+ defenders when given the opportunity. There also needs to be a skill set for those selfish players who'll take a shot at goal at every small opportunity even when there are players in better positions to pass to. Perfect example is that perez dude from Newcastle United - annoys the crap outta me for this reason..an will only pass when he's tired and can't be bothered hogging it anymore... Annoying but realistic as almost every team has someone like this.

Yeah a lot, like upping risktaking dribbling, needs to be improved, but I have to say, im quite impressed with Konami's direction. No longer the one step forward, 2 steps backwards... seems for the last 2 versions, and then the patch updates, the game is just getting better and better, building on one improvement (in a particular area) to another. It shows they are finally listening and taking notice.

So ive played good few games now and i have to say - good old unpredictable Pes is back!
Its not ideal - id love to see more low shots and more dribbling from AI (and some penalties), but at least i dont know how the match is going to end anymore..
I also find it more difficult after patch. Played 8 games on professional/manual and lost 7! Thought ill be going to sleep with nice 8 loses, but managed to beat Newcastle 3-1 in last game. And there was no AI crazy boost in the last 10mins!
Even tho i lost 7 games before that, there was not a single game where id go "ah for fuck sake!!!", ready to throw controller out the window. I didnt feel cheated for a second. They were just better.
There are missplaced passes and bottled shots from AI.
No more of this
Me - 15 shots (9 on target) - 1 goal
COM - 2 shots (2 on target) - 2 goals
Im enjoying it very much at the moment and recommend trying it to all the people who put it away.
Looks like ill be battling to avoid relegation but if I enjoy so much being hammered in Master League, then they had to do something right there...
i have the feeling the dipping shots have been increased. but it could also be me using a team with players that feature that special attribute a lot. they look so nice sometimes!
first touches by the AI seem to have a little bit more error. hm...
and yes, like someone here mentioned, i see the AI take some time in midfield to play a nice "well thought" pass. the likes of Diego (Palmeiras) look for a striker, roll the ball with the feet, shuffle to the side... then making a precision high cross to the team mate. lovely stuff! it looks more natural compared to the fast ping-pong-ish attacks before.
these days i pray for the AI not to score mid high or high with a blast! this is really getting on my nerves lately!
besides that... i am having some fun with it!! :)

Have not being playing Pes that much recently. It just can't keep me interested and as a 100 % ML player its way too basic and broken to keep me playing and I've managed to play the last few but cant do it any more. Tried the new update by starting a new ML but after a couple of game realized why I stopped playing it a few weeks back. I don't hate the game, gameplay or anything, it's ok. I just, I don't know, it feels done, old, boring. I'm delighted to see alot of the users in here enjoying the game and hope that in 2020 the ML gets some love. It and the presentation of the game needs to be made modern. I remember when they changed the ML to football life and I think that's what they need to do. Forget about the ML and change it into something new. Way better systems for scouts, training, transfers and managing the players. Not just picking the team and tactics but managing the squad on and off the field. Dealing with players, staff, boardroom and press in a not just technical (Proper game mechanics) but also meaningful way. Also the presentation is dire and the commentary brutal. They also need to stop relying on scripting for ml. Its not clever, its boring, lazy and not needed. If I wanted to be beaten by a lower team I should just be able to increase the difficulty. Big teams have off days so I understand why they think they need a script to allow small teams to beat me now and again. But guess what I have off days too and if the game difficulty I choose allows me to beat the lower team most time unless I myself am having an off day then I think that's good game design because they don't need a script to do it some days I just play crap. Anyways done for now, probably be back when news of 2020 starts and fingers crossed we get a decent ML next year with at least some of what I hope. Fix the f n transfers and regens and a personal secretary again, maybe even some romance. Yep full Jrpg ML. Matty out

Finally got this, as it was available for just 30 € on Amazon - not worth more considering how bare-bones the game is in many aspects.

Plays quite well on the pitch, ML is not appealing at all so it's pretty much out of the picture this year. On the pitch I really like the fluidity and animations, seen some really nice things.The way the game flows feels pretty good
Everything off the pitch is just sad though.

What really irks me is how poorly the newly acquired licenses are used. No broadcast packages, no stadiums from various leagues nothing really except a few poorly made teams with mostly crap players. Obviously wouldn't expect Konami to recreate the danish league players with great accuracy, but hell, at least get us a couple of stadiums, the specific league footballs and lifelike broadcast graphics. Is that so hard?

The day the stadium editor and chant importing feature return will probably make me cry :D

MyClub seems more grindey this year with higher thresholds for 'packs'.

Something that annoys me about PES that I haven't seen any one else bring up is the positioning when a team with one DM plays a team with one forward and no AM. Instead of sitting in the space between the midfield and defense, the DM just drops in with the CBs and marks the lone striker. Similarly, when they recover the ball, the striker drops and marks the DM instead of sitting on the defenders' shoulders. Does anyone know what to do with the tactics to prevent this? When I have the ball I want my CBs pushing up on the striker and my DM recovering the ball between the midfield and defense.

Did they fix the CPU shooting 1 v 1 situations where they try to blast shots instead of finesse them?

Played my first match on Super Star. And it was surprisingly fun.

Won 3-1 with Schalke against Dortmund in a thrilling game. Dortmund were dangerous and often managed to keep me locked in, I barely got out of my own half for the first 30 or so minutes while they just looked for openings to exploit and kept possession, tried to quickly counter them but that didn't really get me anywhere until I managed to go up ahead.
What I loved about the game were a couple of different things: While it felt challenging, it didn't feel completely insane and one dimensional like it was in PES2018. Dortmund had different ways of trying to attack, were great attacking but had a decent amount of passing error. My 2-1 happened after Dortmund misplaced a pass in front of their own box, allowing Serdar to pick it up and quickly put in a fantastic pass to slice their defense open allowing Konoplyanka to surprise Bürki with a close post shot from very few meters out. Loved that moment.
Additionally the foul count was decent, had a couple of freekicks and this happened in other games too.

Promising start.

Back
Top Bottom