PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

:((

Anyway, in the DLC trailer you can see Maxi Lopez in the Vasco third kit so some updates will at least have been done to the brazilian League.
I saw in a trailer of dlc3 in reddit some Brazilian clubs had a 3rd kit addition-update.

I have just seen a GK animation i havent seen before. Header on to the bar and De Gea dived and missed it. He was sat on the floor as the ball came off the bar down to the six yard box and he punched it up in the air sat down. Looked good.

Anyway one game in -

Feels a bit slower to me - moved up to zero pace instead on minus 1
Advanced shooting and heading definitely feels tweaked - i almost always go low because of hitting the bar but ive had six shots high and all on target with power
Game just feels tighter in controls - very nice

Negatives (but only one game)
no fouls against arsenal in a friendly (gulp)

EDIT - looks like professional has been lowered to me in exhibition mode at least. The AI seems to back off more hence 3 games no fouls.

Switch to Top player for five minutes and the physicality is back and i get a foul almost immediately due the AI press - how this translates to ML we will just have to see

Last edited:
Wow, just did a 3 hour spell (or was it 4) post patch. Ps4, Superstar/Legend, 20 min, Full manual... wow. Things are definitely different in a good way.

+First major thing I noticed, and i mean very noticeable, is that touches are heavier/looser, making it way easier to dispossess the AI. They don't control ball as well. Slows game down, but also makes it easier to dispossess the AI.

+Less ground balls in general from AI when attacking, therefore adds to the above point where touches are heavier. I think this point adds to the increase in bad touches. Less ping pong low ground passing from the AI.

+Animations/flow just feels and looks smoother.

+Ball physics have improved. Hard to describe, but things just feel smoother when passing the ball around, and there is an increased randomness to everything, which includes more ricochets. And ive also noticed that when you are defending, its much easier to charge the ball down, ie. get your body in the way of a shot at goal.

+Things just seem tighter, more response together with the smooth flow of animations and ball physics.

+Keepers, mine and the cpu, have improved. Someone mentioned they don't come out.. wtf. My keeper has been awesome making great saves, as have the ai keepers. They seem more responsive and intelligent to me. They improved big time last patch, and I think they are even more responsive now.

+My defense ai has improved its positioning... seems like the back 4 get in a nice line now and work well together where in the past players would move out of position making defending tougher than it should be at times. Defending seems easier now due to better player positioning, better response, and cpu ai heavy touches.

- Main negative I see is that cpu ai still only score goals by blasting it.. usually high. No low placed shots yet. So still the same. Although im seeing a huge variety of goals from the AI.

-haven't seen players take me on.. mind u i haven't played vs. players like messi, salah n neymar etc. But I'm guessing this hasnt changed.

- don't think r2 finesse shot has improved in full manual.

Anyways, overall, hard to fully explain, but its definitely been tweaked (ie. gameplay) in a positive way. Good stuff. Really loving this game :)
Oh and some of the new Brazilian kits..wow…

Last edited:
“Fixed an issue where subjects*...”
By subjects they mean players?

“Regarding the goalkeepers,I ADJUSTED the.....”!!!! I adjusted??So we are making fun all this time, but it is true finally true? The pes team is so small?Only one person working on fixes?? :P
Whatever even with basic English it is hard for me to understand what changes they/he mean they did to gameplay.It the last phrase it says “first touch touch”.It seems like the team is 3-5 separate individuals and the update notes are like someone copy-pasted the development feedback from his e-mail from each developer.Is this note from the original wepes domain ?

:LMAO:

They probably hired off @incas36 and he never told us^^

I
Wow, just did a 3 hour spell (or was it 4) post patch. Ps4, Superstar/Legend, 20 min, Full manual... wow. Things are definitely different in a good way.

+First major thing I noticed, and i mean very noticeable, is that touches are heavier/looser, making it way easier to dispossess the AI. They don't control ball as well. Slows game down, but also makes it easier to dispossess the AI.

+Less ground balls in general from AI when attacking, therefore adds to the above point where touches are heavier. I think this point adds to the increase in bad touches. Less ping pong low ground passing from the AI.

+Animations/flow just feels and looks smoother.

+Ball physics have improved. Hard to describe, but things just feel smoother when passing the ball around, and there is an increased randomness to everything, which includes more ricochets. And ive also noticed that when you are defending, its much easier to charge the ball down, ie. get your body in the way of a shot at goal.

+Things just seem tighter, more response together with the smooth flow of animations and ball physics.

+Keepers, mine and the cpu, have improved. Someone mentioned they don't come out.. wtf. My keeper has been awesome making great saves, as have the ai keepers. They seem more responsive and intelligent to me. They improved big time last patch, and I think they are even more responsive now.

+My defense ai has improved its positioning... seems like the back 4 get in a nice line now and work well together where in the past players would move out of position making defending tougher than it should be at times. Defending seems easier now due to better player positioning, better response, and cpu ai heavy touches.

- Main negative I see is that cpu ai still only score goals by blasting it.. usually high. No low placed shots yet. So still the same. Although im seeing a huge variety of goals from the AI.

-haven't seen players take me on.. mind u i haven't played vs. players like messi, salah n neymar etc. But I'm guessing this hasnt changed.

- don't think r2 finesse shot has improved in full manual.

Anyways, overall, hard to fully explain, but its definitely been tweaked (ie. gameplay) in a positive way. Good stuff. Really loving this game :)
Oh and some of the new Brazilian kits..wow…
after more games this game is superb. I lost 4-1 to Everton and every goal was different including a little dink over the keeper and a looping header so not all blasts. Also seen more dribbling and was turned inside out by martial in another game. Also saw a shot from outside of the area . Wow.. Game is very good

Why would they change all of that and not mention it in patch notes? Every other change, including goalkeepers coming out (who now, according to the latest patch notes, don't come out as much), is mentioned.

I honestly don't see a difference to be honest. They also didn't mention anything about game play being patched. Maybe just. Placebo again? :CONF:

I don’t think anybody mentioned about the fact that they also changed the color of the shooting gauge from green to yellow on Advanced shooting after the update which I really like. At first I thought my setting was changed for some reason :D

Last edited:
Adjusted the way in which goalkeepers position when the goal is attacked from the wing.
-> now when you are in a one on one coming from the side the goalkeeper just keeps staying on the line which results in an easy goal

Adjusted goalkeeper behaviour, preventing them from dashing forward too quickly in situations where an attacker is bearing down on the goal.
-> when you get a one on one and a defender is next you the goalkeepr wont come out now...

Who is programming this? The behavior was realistic and perfect before this patch and now you get these easy cheap goals again on one on ones. Argh....

Anyone know if they added option to have shorter shorts. Someone on twitter mentioned it, but it’s not confirmed.

Feels more polished since the latest patch, but, I still find pes dull to play over more than a couple of games at a time. I don't know, it just feels a bit unrewarding in the final third of the pitch. The sounds are really abysmal and need a complete re-vamp to bring them in line with the great graphics. Pes still lacks that old magic out on the pitch though. Ramble over.

Data Pack 3.0 trailer

Legends interviews

Thailand NT licensed
Legends : Denilson, Rai, Lugano, Rocha, Guily and Batistuta

Think I'll never understand why they make these trailers for legends in amazing looking classic kits but never ever make these kits available in the games. Such a shame, as much a shame as not making all these legends available offline....

The real beauty is back!

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-18-54-15-89.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-18-58-50-92.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Super-Resolution-2018-12-06-19-00-38-31.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Super-Resolution-2018-12-06-19-10-14-37.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Super-Resolution-2018-12-06-19-07-40-21.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Super-Resolution-2018-12-06-19-13-26-05.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-24-53-48.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-36-02-00.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-40-09-05.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Super-Resolution-2018-12-06-19-17-58-80.jpg

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-48-30-81.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-19-45-23-82.png

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-06-20-04-12-46.png

I love this Stadium on PES 6,5,4? It always was one of my favourite ones and I was waiting a long, long time to see it again in the game.. It's one of the best football stadiums in the World anyway, so thanks KONAMI for bringing it back!

It looks OUTSTANDING, but I think that night floodlighting is a bit weird? What you think guys?

Regards :-)

When is that exact moment (while you play the game), when you look at the Stadium, as a building itself?
Am I missing something? You have a 3D tour for every stadium in game?

Only I can see is the bloody turf, and adboards...

What could be done is some nice real life photos before the match, like it is in NBA2k.
Everything else is easy to represent, like stands, turf and adboards (while stands are less noticeable thing here).

Most important thing is the LIGHTNING, which in a first place should be COMFORTABLE for playing.
Without dark shadows or too much contrast or other shit which make the game unplayable. No matter if it is real or not.
Right now we have at least 50% of unsatisfactory combinations according to day time or weather.

And for recent Pes update:
When you set men marking, now we have marking set to CF or any first attacker, right away you click on ANY of your players.
So, you have to cancel that and set marking on desired opponent. You click on other player, mark is on CF again.

Small annoyance, but why?

Goalkeepers are almost the same, depends from the GK, could be better or worst..Did not have problems before, not now.

But lately I noticed that reactions of team mates while defending are mostly very bad. They often just stood there like a tree. Not moving even slightly, while serious shit happening in front of their nose.

It is ridiculous to see a player holding his position like he is taking a crap, looking straight ahead, unaware of anything.

A friend of mine has started a PSN group for manual players who bought the American continental version of the game. If you are interested, please leave your PSN name here and I'll have him add u to the group.

The group comprises of mostly Brazilian full manual players. A few from US/Canada and other parts of Central/South America.

I myself only own the EU version (EU servers are where u will find most of us manual players). But if u bought the US version, this is a good place to start meeting other manual players.

I think people appreciate the turf mod and how it could increase the realism. So asking for one in default game is good.
Anyway we can not expect asim, adam, officialpes, pes production team read our mind when we say "shooting is so automated". I believe we should elaborate more and be more specific, best with videos when you talk to them.
How can u elaborate more:
The shooting has no feeling to it, and it is automated, i never feel in control of the shot, unlike the other game where u feel that ur gonna hit the right low or right high angle, it is just so automated on basic

I hear you. Thats exactily the reason I stop playing NBA games. Last player I was fan was Kobe Bryant.
On PES I always like teams with good midfielders. That time, a good midfielder could destroy you. Making things happen around then, holding the ball very well and making good passes. Man I hated play against Valencia because Aimar!
Now gameplay is kind of generic or something. The stats are there but you dont see or feel so much diference from player to player.
That basically wraps up my feelings, there is no individuality showing up as much as it needs to be unlike the old gen pes

Licensed stadia in Pes 2019 looks outstanding.The Kuip, Amsterdam Arena, Anfield, San Siro,Stade Louis II,Arena Corintians looks absolutely brilliant. Ibrox and Celtic Park will look probably superb too. Only atmoshere chants support is shit. I hope they give us next year chants importer like last gen of consoles.
It s called De kuip mate xd

After few weeks of rdr2 I decided to check how things are on football fronts.
Played 3 games in my ML.
Slow. Prof. Manual passes, Advanced shooting. 15 mins.
My Team Spirit is still low - 63.
Lost all - 0:1, 1:2, 1:2.

It was quite enjoyable I have to say.
I was afraid, coz someone wrote he had no fouls after patch on professional. Wasnt the case for me. There was plenty of fouls and for the first time in ages I had CPU player sent of for two yellows.
I also have two players injured. One got injured after a tackle (first time since release), another got injured due to fatigue (i used all my subs and had to play with 10 men last few mins (havent seen that either till now)
Didnt notice any obvious mistakes from GK or Defense. There was a bit more random play from AI. I've seen them shooting from edge of the box few times (which didnt happen pre patch in ML, only in exhibition).
I still would like to see more AI dribbling and proper long shots from far.
I dont want to say the gameplay changed as its too early to say anything.
But overall it was good enough to a point that Im planning to leave the disc in and spend more time in my ML over the weekend.

It was me who wrote no fouls but that was in exhibition mode on profffesional. Fouls increased on top player. I think the game plays brilliant now, seeing loads of varied ai play and it feels super responsive

Back
Top Bottom